What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Proper time to mow lawn on Sunday morning? (1 Viewer)

After 9:00 AM.

Note for my neighbor.

If the NFL plays this fall please be finished with the lawn before games start.  
We watch a lot of games outside or in the garage and I’ll be damned if the neighbor fires up the mower right at kick-off or first pitch. 

The thing is he mows so rarely I usually go out there and clutch my heart as if I’m having a heart attack because he actually mowed the damn thing.

Mowers, trimmers, chainsaws... these rarely wake me up. Fire them up whenever, regardless of day It's your property. Saws are the loudest and anyone that's ever owned a chainsaw knows it's the most awesome sound in the homeowner's arsenal. I am certain I could fall asleep to one. Might even see if Alexa can make that happen tonight. 

Flying Elvis said:
Mowers, trimmers, chainsaws... these rarely wake me up. Fire them up whenever, regardless of day It's your property. Saws are the loudest and anyone that's ever owned a chainsaw knows it's the most awesome sound in the homeowner's arsenal. I am certain I could fall asleep to one. Might even see if Alexa can make that happen tonight. 
Yeah I like the drone of a mower, doesn't bother me. It's the morning ravens that drive me nuts

Last edited by a moderator:
True story - Neighbor once mowed at 7am.  That night, my dog barked until around 11pm.  Our conversation the next day was short and to the point.
Are there more people in the neighborhood than just you 2? If so, seems like a quick and pointed conversation about mowing that early would cause the rest of the neighborhood less of a headache than letting dag bark until 11

Flying Elvis said:
Trimmers and mowers don't bother me. Chainsaws can be obnoxiously loud but I can tolerate it because it only happens once or twice a year.

Guys firing up their Harleys early in the morning bother me more than any lawnmower could.

9 is good for the weekend, especially in the summer. It's reasonable for people to get yard work done when it's a little cooler.

I like to get my lawn done on Fridays if possible and not cut my lawn on Sundays.  If I have to cut it on Sunday I would wait until at least 11am.

Weekdays: 7AM - Sound ordinances are 7AM-7PM. Live your life, you don't have to abide by others schedule if it messes up yours.  8AM is pretty common around here but tons of residential construction starts at 7AM.

Weekend: 8AM - Also from late June through October your going to be drenched in sweat if your wait past 10AM here in California. 

9:00am - I roll out the lawn mower
9:01am - My shirt comes off
9:02am - I rev up the mower
9:03am - My pants come off

It's been getting hot out pretty early in PA.  My next door neighbors both have pools and haven't invited us over, so 6-7AM for me.

Users who are viewing this thread