What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Brock Purdy, SF (1 Viewer)

Mr. Irrelevant leads his team to the NFC Championship his first season and to the Super Bowl the next. You Niners fans are going to win the big one with him eventually.

Mr. Irrelevant leads his team to the NFC Championship his first season and to the Super Bowl the next. You Niners fans are going to win the big one with him eventually.

Well as soon as Purdy needs to get paid they'll be a lot less likely. So better be soon

I thought Purdy played a very good game Sunday. SF had some unforeseen breaks go against them, nothing to do with Brock’s play.

I may be way off on this, but I think Purdy is going to be over drafted fantasy-wise. Last year, his efficiency was way up there. He finished 20th in pass attempts, yet was 5th in passing yards and 3rd in passing yards. Of his pass attempts, 7.1% were TDs, which led the league by a fair margin (Dak was 2nd at 6.1%).

Not to say Purdy isn't an outstanding NFL QB - obviously he is. But with very little rushing floor, I'm not sure that his fantasy stats will follow as much again, even if he continues be a top-tier NFL QB.

I may be way off on this, but I think Purdy is going to be over drafted fantasy-wise. Last year, his efficiency was way up there. He finished 20th in pass attempts, yet was 5th in passing yards and 3rd in passing yards. Of his pass attempts, 7.1% were TDs, which led the league by a fair margin (Dak was 2nd at 6.1%).

Not to say Purdy isn't an outstanding NFL QB - obviously he is. But with very little rushing floor, I'm not sure that his fantasy stats will follow as much again, even if he continues be a top-tier NFL QB.
I get what you're saying, but will counter a bit with I think SF throws the ball more in 2024. Purdy will have a full training camp and a year under his belt as the undisputed starter. He was coming off the injury last camp and there were questions if he would be ready to go. No such questions this year. Also think Shanahan fully trusts Purdy at this point and will open up the offense as a result. Plus, he shouldn't beat up CMC as much this year. McCaffrey is the kind of back who can excel into the age 30 realm if they monitor his touches a bit more.

I get what you're saying, but will counter a bit with I think SF throws the ball more in 2024. Purdy will have a full training camp and a year under his belt as the undisputed starter. He was coming off the injury last camp and there were questions if he would be ready to go. No such questions this year. Also think Shanahan fully trusts Purdy at this point and will open up the offense as a result. Plus, he shouldn't beat up CMC as much this year. McCaffrey is the kind of back who can excel into the age 30 realm if they monitor his touches a bit more.
You could be right, although I'm always a bit hesitant relying on fantasy production from guys that don't use their legs much. From a passing standpoint, you need either massive efficiency like Purdy had, or a bombs away offense like a Cousins has typically had.

You could be right, although I'm always a bit hesitant relying on fantasy production from guys that don't use their legs much. From a passing standpoint, you need either massive efficiency like Purdy had, or a bombs away offense like a Cousins has typically had.
Agree, but Purdy is being drafted in the 10-12 range from what I've seen. I think that's about right for the reasons I stated. He won't throw as much as other QBs, but I think he will throw more than 2023 and his efficiency should continue to be high in a Shanahan offense. I also suspect they add another WR in round 1 or 2 as they prepare for Deebo leaving next year (I think Aiyuk stays).

Users who are viewing this thread