What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Bijan Robinson, ATL (2 Viewers)

So what do we do with this guy this week?
I have good options.
I've been starting Bijan every week, along with Kenneth Walker and Etienne.
So for my RB3 I have a tough decision between
- Bijan @ Tennessee
- D Foreman @ Los Angeles Chargers
- D Swift @ Washington
- D Montgomery vs Las Vegas (if he plays, Monday night game; I'll watch the practice reports later this week).
Monty is likely OUT, he was set to miss a few weeks from when he was rules OUT
Foreman looks great but the other 2 RBs should be back in the mix soon there in Chicago
Swift is a good option
Bijan is going to be hard to trust for a little while IMHO
Yea, agree. I've already got Swift in my starting lineup for this upcoming week.

Players get tagged with "illness" as their injury designation all the time. Falcons should be fined for not giving him a designation. It wouldn't have stopped any of us from starting him in fantasy, but we wouldn't collectively be wondering what the heck is going on if it had happened.

If I could get a decent offer for Pitts in dynasty I'd sell him today just to be rid of all Falcons fantasy-wise. I want off the Arthur Smith rollercoaster completely.
If Smith had disclosed pregame that Bijan was dealing with this issue, it might have stopped me in at least one of the two leagues I have Bijan, especially if it was appropriately indicated that this issue might put a cap on Bijan's usage. I'm sure I'm not alone in having the luxury of quality alternatives to Bijan on my bench. Not to mention all the DFS players and sports bettors who would have wagered differently. Lots of people lost money because of Smith's failure to disclose the true availability of his player.

That what Atlanta did was against the rules is not questionable to me. The confusing part to me is why did they do it. I can't see any competitive value in withholding this information from Tampa for an hour. What advantage could the Falcons have possibly gained from this failure to disclose?
I think it's silly how many people think coaches owe it to fantasy owners or sports bettors to be transparent about injuries. Whatever rules are in place about disclosing information should pertain to the opposing team only.
You're welcome to your opinion on what the rules should be, but the rules that currently exist demand full disclosure of information related to player availability including limited availability. Atlanta broke the rules and warrant discipline for it.

I think it's silly to choose not to have NFL teams be transparent about injuries for the sake of wagering markets. First because why not? What does it cost the NFL to provide this transparency and why should the public not want it? If we're going to allow wagering markets to exist, why would we not want as much transparency as practical? Second because not providing this transparency promotes corruption. This would be bad enough if the NFL and wagering companies were totally independent but they're directly partnered now.
If I were a coach and I wanted to be deceptive toward my opponent, but were disallowed by a rule for the purpose of transparency to the other team, so be it. But if I were disallowed by a rule just for transparency to some tangential meta-football concept, which as a side effect forced transparency to the opposing team, that would be really annoying. Granted, it would be the same result, but if NFL strategy had to yield to magic football players' or magic money football players' needs, it would just seem really backwards.
The NFL makes billions off fantasy football, DFS and sports betting. Teams have to be transparent to the people spending money on this, which leads to the NFL getting money. The more the NFL pisses off the people spending money, the less money the NFL gets. It's quite simple. And being completely transparent to the people spending money is obviously the correct thing to do.
That's fair. But the NFL doesn't need fantasy football affiliations or sports betting affiliations to keep operating. They choose to, in order to bring in even more money. Which is fine, it's their thing, but personally I don't like that decision, or consequences that it brings in.

I have good options.
- Bijan @ Tennessee
- D Swift @ Washington
- D Montgomery vs Las Vegas (if he plays, Monday night game; I'll watch the practice reports later this week).
Foreman looks great but the other 2 RBs should be back in the mix soon there in Chicago
Swift is a good option
Yea, agree. I've already got Swift in my starting lineup for this upcoming week.

So Bijan owners are thinking of benching?

Not something I could do.

I have good options.
- Bijan @ Tennessee
- D Swift @ Washington
Swift is a good option

Just keeping all options open
Sometimes players step away and do dumb things like gamble/bet
Sometimes you don't see it coming and when you've experienced it, Shields Up!

I have good options.
- Bijan @ Tennessee
- D Swift @ Washington
Swift is a good option

I'm not. Assuming that I start Etienne and Swift first, my options at flex aside from Bijan would be Godwin, Garrett Wilson, Roschon Johnson, or Spears. No way I start any of those over Bijan, unless we start hearing that he's not a-okay yet.

But the NFL doesn't need fantasy football affiliations or sports betting affiliations to keep operating.
While they may not need them at this time, my guess is that if those two things went away that the NFL would take a huge hit and would head down a road that would make them stop operating.

Without gambling and the fantasy aspect of football it would not be the #1 sport and as healthy as it is.

I have good options.
- Bijan @ Tennessee
- D Swift @ Washington
Swift is a good option

I’m benching him in favor of Stevenson as my RB2 until I trust the usage.

Winning that game was awful for Bijan’s outlook, Arthur Smith is just more emboldened to use 3 backs.
Bad matchup
Ridder vulturing RZ TDs with his new found rushing ability
…Lots of strikes against him at the moment.

I’ll play him in some DFS since everyone is off him, but I don’t want any part of him in season long this week. I’d rather have 12 points from Stevenson than gamble on Arthur Smith not being an idiot.

I have good options.
- Bijan @ Tennessee
- D Swift @ Washington
Swift is a good option

Absolutely not. That’s getting way too cute for me. This would have to be a multiple time problem before I even considered that.

As of now, there’s no reason to treat this as anything other than a one-time anomaly.

I have good options.
- Bijan @ Tennessee
- D Swift @ Washington
Swift is a good option

Absolutely not. That’s getting way too cute for me. This would have to be a multiple time problem before I even considered that.

As of now, there’s no reason to treat this as anything other than a one-time anomaly.
In my League FF Points per Game
Bijan 21 26 11 23 13 14 0
Swift 1 34 20 19 19 19 13
I probably should have been starting Swift over Bijan since week 2, and I'm not benching Etienne or Kenneth Walker. I just have too many good options at RB. Tried trading a running back for a quarterback, but no takers.

It could have been headaches caused by a hangover, migraines, scurvy, bubonic plague, Munchausen syndrome, or just reading through this thread. Whatever it was, the Falcons knew enough to change his status to questionable and didn't.

It could have been headaches caused by a hangover, migraines, scurvy, bubonic plague, Munchausen syndrome, or just reading through this thread. Whatever it was, the Falcons knew enough to change his status to questionable and didn't.
That decision by the Falcons cost me a win this week. I have Allgeier as a handcuff and he did just enough for me to win had I had him in my lineup.

My moneys on this one.

My moneys on this one.
Would have loved to see that on the injury report. Bijan Robinson - Questionable (bubonic plague)

In my start 2 RB league I got lucky and decided to start Brian Robinson over Bijan and it was the difference between winning and losing.

With Brian facing the Eagles this week, I've got no choice but to put Bijan back in and hope for one of those makeup games.

We've gone from Stud-RB, Top-3 pick in Redraft, 1st Rd rating all the way, never question sliding him into your RB1 to now...
Daily affirmations that this is just a mirage or slight delusions of grandeur on our part...

I blame both Dudley Moores(Arthur '81) involved here.

Bijan Robinson (headache) will practice Wednesday.
Falcons head coach Arthur Smith chastised reporters on Wednesday for asking about the NFL’s inquiry on why Robinson was not on the team’s Week 7 injury report after the rookie barely played and was said to have a headache that prevented him from assuming his usual role in the Atlanta offense. Smith mumbled about league politics and “what’s really going on” but gave no answers about the league’s inquiry or what was really the issue with Robinson on Sunday against the Bucs. Robinson should be back in action this week against the Titans.

My moneys on this one.
Would have loved to see that on the injury report. Bijan Robinson - Questionable (bubonic plague)
Worst diseases
My moneys on this one.
‘’Anthrax exposure‘’ can cause sudden and severe headaches. Wonder if this was properly investigated.

I enjoyed this comment by Smith when asked about the illness and the injury report:

"If you really understand how things really operate, then there’s nothing, like, nothing there. I don’t know what … I haven’t put one second of thought about it. ... I’m not, like you can ask rumors and innuendos. I can go find sensational stories. We’ll talk about climate change, we’ll talk about world politics. We can do that, too.”

Ummm...what?? I really hope he explains football better than he can form a basic answer to a basic question without veering off into inane blathering.

I enjoyed this comment by Smith when asked about the illness and the injury report:

"If you really understand how things really operate, then there’s nothing, like, nothing there. I don’t know what … I haven’t put one second of thought about it. ... I’m not, like you can ask rumors and innuendos. I can go find sensational stories. We’ll talk about climate change, we’ll talk about world politics. We can do that, too.”

Ummm...what?? I really hope he explains football better than he can form a basic answer to a basic question without veering off into inane blathering.

Guy is a moron

Guy is a moron
He said he goes with the hot hand. I guess the hot hand last week was Allgeir who ran for an amazing 2.8 YPC in the game and 3.13 YPC on the season.

Bijan is averaging 4.99 YPC.

For some odd reason I don't think Art understands the meaning of hot hand.

Guy is a moron
He said he goes with the hot hand. I guess the hot hand last week was Allgeir who ran for an amazing 2.8 YPC in the game and 3.13 YPC on the season.

Bijan is averaging 4.99 YPC.

For some odd reason I don't think Art understands the meaning of hot hand.
maybe he's not talking about football terms but literally who has the hottest hands. Probably makes more sense.

I have good options.
- Bijan @ Tennessee
- D Swift @ Washington
Swift is a good option

How about now? 3 touches so far with 5 minutes left in 2nd.

I'm sure he will get this figured out but I benched him today
Hall-Pacheco-Gibbs
I had options and I don't trust we ever got the real story this week

Not even the naysayers expected him to be this big a bust.
Him being a bust was at least vaguely possible, because sports are weird and you never know

But the Falcons not even using him? Unimaginable.

He's absolutely killing what is an awesome team. I should have started gibbs but guessed after last week they would feed him...nope, let's draft a guy super high and ignore him seems to the be falcons plan

As someone who hasn’t seen Bijan play much at all, can anyone seriously explain the disconnect between expectations and production? Has he looked good at all outside of that behind the back highlight catch? Or has he looked extremely overrated? Or something in between? Is this a “sell now while he still has name value” situation? Or a buy low before he explodes situation?

As someone who hasn’t seen Bijan play much at all, can anyone seriously explain the disconnect between expectations and production? Has he looked good at all outside of that behind the back highlight catch? Or has he looked extremely overrated? Or something in between? Is this a “sell now while he still has name value” situation? Or a buy low before he explodes situation?
Lack of touches explains everything about him. If he gets the ball, he's elite. They don't give him the ball.

Bijan just ran for 25 yards. Take him out and put Allgeier in.

So what happened on those 5 targets Sunday? I didn't see any, but he couldn't acquire any of them. Were they sending him deep and he had to try to make difficult catches? Or were they just little screens and that kind of thing. If the latter, 0/5 is pretty pathetic.

I hope the Falcons win the rest of their games and get blown out in the first playoff game so they don't have a high 1st round pick.

I assume longterm everyone feels ok and assumes the new coaching staff will use him properly, right? Anyone reconsidering the ranking Gibbs vs Bijan?

Users who are viewing this thread