What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB D'Onta Foreman, CLE (1 Viewer)

I see this backfield becoming Foreman's for what it's worth. Hubbard had an opportunity last year when CMC was out and pretty much failed. Not to say he can't be productive, but Foreman at least showed last year that he can be.

It's easy to dismiss either of them, even if they become the workhorse, based on the team/offense. But we all know that volume is king in FF, and if they're getting a lot of dumpoffs and the occasional goal line opportunities, those points can be very valuable.

I see this backfield becoming Foreman's for what it's worth. Hubbard had an opportunity last year when CMC was out and pretty much failed. Not to say he can't be productive, but Foreman at least showed last year that he can be.

It's easy to dismiss either of them, even if they become the workhorse, based on the team/offense. But we all know that volume is king in FF, and if they're getting a lot of dumpoffs and the occasional goal line opportunities, those points can be very valuable.
On the other hand, Hubbard is younger and foreman is a free agent. I can see them wanting to see what they have with him

On the other hand, Hubbard is younger and foreman is a free agent. I can see them wanting to see what they have with him
Unless they know already and it’s not much.

Carolina wants to lose the remainder of their games or almost all of them

1-16/2-15, it's not going to end any better than that and so even if one of them could put on a Superman cape, Carolina is not going to try and unleash either of them, mostly just trying to run the 2022 clock out, use that as a good barometer of what to expect here.

I dropped Jaylen Warren for D'Onta Foreman. I'll bet I can get Warren back after waivers clear if Foreman's usage looks bad this weekend.

I realize the Panthers are terrible and in tank mode, but when else can you drop your worst bench stash for what will likely be an RB1 on a team without much competition for carries? Panthers have a really easy schedule against bad rushing defenses later in the season; we might have a decent injury/bye week flex plugin here who can be had for free.

I never understood the perception of an NFL team ''tanking'' on purpose. They still have a product to sell and pay these athletes ,who want to win and compete, millions of dollars to do just that .
I see the Panthers players and coaches trying to compete and win , will they have the talent to do so? Probably not but they will still try because thats their job

Neither Foreman nor Hubbard will be bellcows. They are nothing more than a bench depth bye-week flyer. In a keeper league I'd rather own Hubbard. For San Francisco, Wilson will be droppable after this week but should be good for this week. Foreman will probably get a slight majority of carries early on but eventually they'll move on to Hubbard more to see more of him to help determine how big of a priority a new RB will be in the off season.

The Panthers offense already stunk. It got worse when they traded away CMC. It's not going to improve. They have no incentive to win, or be productive, for the rest of the 2022 Season. Counterproductive, counterintuitive, and they just have nothing at the skill positions besides DJM (feel sorry for the guy), worth a hill of beans individually, or as an aggregate.

As the Season winds on, I tend to narrow my focus, and start weeding out the peripheral. Carolina, moving forward, looks to me to be on the way to a fantasy wasteland. They aren't going to trade FOR a QB, and all three QB's they have, stink. Both Foreman and Hubbard haven't shown the ability to be much more than JAG. DJ Moore is probably not going anywhere, and I feel sorry for him. As much as I'd like Shenault to be Deebo Part Deux, the WR and TE are all a bunch of JAG, too.

IMHO, it's a waste of time spending any more than speculative captital on either Foreman or Hubbard in redraft. There's simply not any significant upside to be had with either. There's no lightning in a bottle to be caught here. I'm very comfortable saying the Panthers aren't going to be engaged in any high-scoring statistical shootouts. They are going to stink, they are going to trail, and instead of keeping up, they are going to produce a lot of 3 and outs, and turnovers, and will wind up being somewhere in the bottom 8, maybe bottom 4, in points scored, EOS.

I'm much more inclined to invest in boom/bust types or potential upside guys with the few spots I have in any League to recycle WW picks until something I throw at the wall, sticks. JMHO.

I never understood the perception of an NFL team ''tanking'' on purpose. They still have a product to sell and pay these athletes ,who want to win and compete, millions of dollars to do just that .
I see the Panthers players and coaches trying to compete and win , will they have the talent to do so? Probably not but they will still try because thats their job

I sure wish it worked that way, and would like to believe it did, but when it comes to a team this bad, headed in the direction they are...sure I'd like them to 'be professional, act and play like professionals'...but when the writing's on the wall, and what's written isn't good, we've seen it before - there are times when they just play out the string, and can't wait for the season to be over. I'm probably jaded, which isn't the greatest thing, but I lost my idealism about professional atheletes behaving, playing or working like professionals when they know the Season is a lost cause, a long time ago.

I sure wish it worked that way, and would like to believe it did, but when it comes to a team this bad, headed in the direction they are...sure I'd like them to 'be professional, act and play like professionals'...but when the writing's on the wall, and what's written isn't good, we've seen it before - there are times when they just play out the string, and can't wait for the season to be over. I'm probably jaded, which isn't the greatest thing, but I lost my idealism about professional atheletes behaving, playing or working like professionals when they know the Season is a lost cause, a long time ago.
Tanking is a reality for the front office (the roster builders) of an NFL franchise and the media. It’s not for the coaches and players, who bring it every Sunday. The best part of our job is winning. Winning makes the entire building happy, and it’s what we attempt to achieve all week. So that’s why you never see coaches or players actively tanking in games.

Tanking is a reality for the front office (the roster builders) of an NFL franchise and the media. It’s not for the coaches and players, who bring it every Sunday. The best part of our job is winning. Winning makes the entire building happy, and it’s what we attempt to achieve all week. So that’s why you never see coaches or players actively tanking in games.
I was just going to post that front offices may tank but players and coaches don't. They're playing for future contracts and future jobs in the NFL. Steve Wilks is the interim head coach. He knows that he's a longshot to get the permanent job. He wants to make the most of this opportunity to impress other teams that might be looking for a Head Coach in the future. No way he's going to try to lose games. The same goes for the players. Most of them couldn't care less if the team gets the 1st overall pick.

I guess there's some confusion because I quoted ZADO's post, which included the word 'tanking'.

Again, there's a big difference between "tanking" and "packing it in", "playing out the string", whatever cliche one wants to use.

Years ago, for a period of about 6 Seasons (Zorn, Shanahan and a little bit of Gruden), I was pretty close with some folks on the Redskins: Coaches, Players, Management. I spent time with them socially, did a lot of listening to conversations happening around me, and heard a lot of off the record stuff, from almost everyone, including some of the best Players of their era. There were some pretty bad seasons mixed in there, with some average-to-good ones, but outside of 2012, never a Season of note (by 2015, Jay's second Season where they finished 1st in NFC east and went to the Playoffs, all of my connections were no longer with the organization). Believe what you will, but what I learned was, when the writing is on the wall, and the Season is a lost cause, plenty of guys just come to work, go through the motions and collect a paycheck, and can't wait for the Season to be over. By the time they get to the pros, start earning money, and are around long enough to understand it's a business first, and a game second, and that what they do, at the end of the day, is a job, a lot of the joy of playing the game wears off, especially if not winning, and in a losing culture. Not all of them, but certainly many, when the writing is on the wall, and the writing is bad, show up, do what they need to do to collect a paycheck, and count the days until the Season is over and start fresh the following year.

What really sucks for the Panthers, and I really feel bad for the Players because of it, is that their Bye Week isn't until Week 13. They have 6 more weeks of crap to wade through before they even get a chance to have a break from it: v Bucs, @Falcons, @Bengals, v Falcons, @Ravens, vBroncos...already 1-5 and mired in a 3-game losing streak, they might lose 3 more before they might have a shot at winning a home game vs the Falcons. Might. Any idea how all that losing weighs on a group of men? Ugh.

Would you rather have Gus Edwards with the Dobbins news or D'Onta Foreman, ROS? Don't care if it looks like a who should I start. I think many of us are in a situation where we could have either today.

Would you rather have Gus Edwards with the Dobbins news or D'Onta Foreman, ROS? Don't care if it looks like a who should I start. I think many of us are in a situation where we could have either today.
I’m in bad enough shape I added them both, lol.

At this point though, it may depend on what you need. If you really need a consistent starter that you can start every week, I would probably lean Edwards as Baltimore’s offense overall should still be pretty good, so if he takes the reigns he should put up nice numbers.

If you’re looking for a backup and bye week filler type, Foreman may be safer as he is likely to be more guaranteed to get carriers over the long term IMO.

Just going to say I own a lot of Foreman, Brian Robinson and some Latavius Murray. They are all similar valued players to me for the ROS. All in similar situations and play styles. Mainly low to almost non-existent passing game usage in a 3 man RBBC's on terrible offenses.

Seems like they'd be good for depth but when you got to actually put any of them in a lineup you hate it and are constantly searching for an alternative and if you got to start them you just pucker up and hope they find the end zone or you are likely looking at a stinker..

And there's a lot of people who have jobs that shouldn't :lol:

You know what I'm saying but you're correct, they will try to win the games most weeks and I have been vocal that the defense in Carolina isn't that terrible and it's hard to lose the amount of games they need to in order to secure a Top 3 pick.

The Commanders are a new team that i am concerned might lose a lot of games without Wentz, they were already losing but this might make it even worse.
I don't think highly of Anderson or Wilks in that exchange, easy to blame the player but you have a 3-14 head coach making decisions, that's not good.

Just going to say I own a lot of Foreman, Brian Robinson and some Latavius Murray. They are all similar valued players to me for the ROS. All in similar situations and play styles. Mainly low to almost non-existent passing game usage in a 3 man RBBC's on terrible offenses.

Seems like they'd be good for depth but when you got to actually put any of them in a lineup you hate it and are constantly searching for an alternative and if you got to start them you just pucker up and hope they find the end zone or you are likely looking at a stinker..
I couldn't say it any better.

A wise man on FBG staff once told me that it's one thing to have a bench or taxi-squad but then you have to actually play them. I have Kupp and AJB out this week, it's one thing to have BRob, it's another to have to start him in the Flex or RB2, it's a great point you bring up.

Anyway, I have Foreman, so I hope this brings good news as it tanked my share of Wilson.

I will say this -- Foreman looked good last year for Tennessee, but has seemed to have trouble behind the O-line in Carolina. Beat reporters have said he never really separated himself from Hubbard in practice. This looks like an early down Foreman, passing down Hubbard and see what they have in Blackshear situation. Monitor the first game, I guess, and then hope for the best. This is a team playing for the future, so the younger and more draft capitalized Hubbard might just get some run here to see what they have.

It's anybody's guess, really. Good luck in making the right one.

Yeah, I grabbed him and reading more on this here today (thanks folks) kinda hoping he goes off this week or next and will look to unload.

I wouldn't call this guy a lottery ticket because I don't think there's a chance at a real jackpot. Prob more like a bingo card, but the dots are building up.

I wouldn't call this guy a lottery ticket because I don't think there's a chance at a real jackpot. Prob more like a bingo card, but the dots are building up

This guy had two huge weeks for people down the stretch in Tennessee last year. I see no reason why he wouldn't produce with volume, other than that Carolina will always see eight in the box. I guess it comes down to how he produces in the spots he's given.

I see no reason why he wouldn't produce with volume

The offensive line is significantly worse and the quarterback play is probably less likely to get them near the GL. Figured the volume really wouldn't be there as they go RBBC anyway. Thought it would be Foreman, not Hubbard leading it though. I guess we'll see what happens. Even if he somehow gets 20 carries I doubt he eclipses a hundo.

The offensive line is significantly worse and the quarterback play is probably less likely to get them near the GL

Yes, this is true. I was indeed factoring that into my analysis, because Tennessee's line last year was lauded as a reason for his and Henry's prior successes. And the volume might not be there. At all. I argued that in another thread. They're likely to see what they have in Hubbard due to draft capital and investment.

So your points are correct, really. I agree with them, anyway.

Gonna have 100 with less than 10 touches.

8 rushes for 102 yards. He looks like last year. I still think your points were generally correct, though. Lower volume, worse line, Chuba was getting first run.

But he did look good last year and this one. Tough to discount that if he gets an opportunity.

D'Onta Foreman rushed 15 times for 118 yards in Carolina's Week 7 win over Tampa, adding two catches for 27 yards on two targets.

Foreman delivered for his drafters with a 60-yard run through the right side of the line that set up Carolina's second touchdown of the game. He'd later add another 27-yarder where he beat Tampa's safeties to the edge. He looked the more explosive of the new Carolina backfield committee, and if Chuba Hubbard's ankle injury leads to a larger split for Foreman, he'd be a worthwhile FLEX option in Week 8 against the Falcons.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Chuba Hubbard (ankle) did not practice on Thursday.​

Hubbard has now missed two-straight practices and is trending in the wrong direction ahead of the team's Week 8 matchup against the Falcons. If Hubbard is unable to go, D'Onta Foreman would handle the majority of the team's backfield touches and should be treated as a high-upside RB2.

Foreman shaping up to be a good RB #2 this week if Hubbard is out vs ATL, and a good DFS play

Chuba Hubbard (ankle) has been ruled out for Week 8 against the Falcons.​

Hubbard didn't practice all week after picking up the ankle injury last week against the Bucs. His absence positions D'Onta Foreman as the Panthers' lead back against a Falcons defense giving up the fifth highest expected points added per rush this season. Foreman last week ran for 118 yards on 15 carries against Tampa. Only four running backs in Week 7 had more rush yards after contact per attempt than Foreman. He should be considered a high-end RB2 in Week 8.

D'Onta Foreman seems like a solid RB 2 this week with Hubbard out, and at the very least a good flex option with upside. 145 yards from scrimmage in his first game against one of the best rushing defenses in football (although they have not played as well lately) while splitting carries is pretty impressive. Not sure why he isn't being talked about more this week especially with Hubbard out.

I wouldn't call this guy a lottery ticket because I don't think there's a chance at a real jackpot. Prob more like a bingo card, but the dots are building up.

Boy, I could not have been more wrong.

After his 3rd TD one of the announcers said a coach told him that Foreman reminded him of Derrick Henry and he snickered but now he sees it too.

Boy, I could not have been more wrong.

After his 3rd TD one of the announcers said a coach told him that Foreman reminded him of Derrick Henry and he snickered but now he sees it too.
hes a shifty bowling ball for sure

Falcons are not an easy defense to run on, very impressive day for Foreman, nice to see a RB beat the dreaded torn achilles injury. Hopefully someone will give Foreman a decent contract next year, he’s earned it.

What are we valuing him in dynasty? I have him in one and want to get him in another. I was thinking a second but after today I'm not sure they'll do it.

He’s the real deal. Could be a league winner this year. In our league, he was a league winner last year as well.

Great game for him today. I may be wrong, but with Hubbard still coming back, I see him as a sell high.

Great game for him today. I may be wrong, but with Hubbard still coming back, I see him as a sell high.

I would not sell him. Hubbard did nothing last year when he had his chance, and is nothing more than a change of pace back. Foreman has back-to-back 100 yard games, and if you watched the game he literally was their offense. Everything he did opened up the passing game for DJ Moore and PJ Walker. He also wears defenses down, and was basically unstoppable throughout the game. The panthers will continue to attempt to play good defense, run the ball, and use play action. Hubbard will be similar to Spencer Brown's role yesterday

Last edited:

I would not sell him. Hubbard did nothing last year when he had his chance, and is nothing more than a change of pace back. Foreman has back-to-back 100 yard games, and if you watched the game he literally was their offense. Everything he did opened up the passing game for DJ Moore and PJ Walker. He also wears defenses down, and was basically unstoppable throughout the game. The panthers will continue to attempt to play good defense, run the ball, and use play action. Hubbard will be similar to Spencer Brown's role yesterday
This.

And CAR's schedule is pretty favorable the rest of the way.....@CIN, ATL, @bal, DEN, Bye, @SEA, PIT, DET, @TB, @NO

The matchup week 16 vs DET is really juicy. NO is not an easy matchup but it's Week 18.

Users who are viewing this thread