What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Jahmyr Gibbs, DET (1 Viewer)

It doesn’t help that he keeps falling all over the damn field over and over. Isn’t this like the third time he’s done that?

Total bust. Probably droppable in shallow leagues. No one will do that obviously but man… he’s just a JAG.

Four games in I think we can annoying him Bust of the Year.

It was always bad, but tonight will be the worst case scenario. Gibbs is going to have like 30 yards in a game his team wins 51-3 on the road.

Total bust. Probably droppable in shallow leagues. No one will do that obviously but man… he’s just a JAG.

Absolutely #1 non-injury bust of the year. Only reason he's not droppable is he's a top handcuff.

I'll stop whining about him. Gotta figure what to do at RB as I'm about to be 1-3.

… he’s just a JAG.
LOL he's not needed. You're being reactionary and not analytical.

He may be JAG but we don't have near enough information to know if he is or isn't. Fantasy players completely fell in love with his #12 draft position and completely ignored the contract they gave Monty.

People also dismissed Monty's talent. He's a much better RB than petulant fantasy managers ever gave him credit for.

This is what happens when you try to wish your dreams into existence.

It was always bad, but tonight will be the worst case scenario. Gibbs is going to have like 30 yards in a game his team wins 51-3 on the road.
If it plays out in the 2nd half as it has been in the first Monty will be resting by the end of the third.

In that scenario it will be interesting to see if they rest Gibbs too (IN BEFORE "HE'S ALREADY WELL RESTED!!!").

… he’s just a JAG.

Absolutely #1 non-injury bust of the year. Only reason he's not droppable is he's a top handcuff.

I'll stop whining about him. Gotta figure what to do at RB as I'm about to be 1-3.
Yeah I mean at least if you drafted chubb you don’t look like an idiot. I am 2-1 in my $2K league with the entire Miami offense. So should be okay. But I mean this dude can’t even cut without falling in the RZ. I think he ran the wrong route there too but would have to look at the replay.

… he’s just a JAG.

He may be JAG but we don't have near enough information to know if he is or isn't. Fantasy players completely fell in love with his #12 draft position and completely ignored the contract they gave Monty.

People also dismissed Monty's talent. He's a much better RB than petulant fantasy managers ever gave him credit for.

If he's not needed, then why spend the #12 pick on him? After they signed Montgomery, no less.

I agree some people overlooked Montgomery, but he isn't great, nor is he doing particularly great this year (or even this game). He's solid, but someone who was so highly touted as Gibbs shouldn't have this much trouble taking a few more touches from him.

Right now he's clearly not where they expected him to be. Still extremely early, hopefully he gets a lot better, but let's not act like this is exactly how they thought it would go.

… he’s just a JAG.

If he's not needed, then why spend the #12 pick on him? After they signed Montgomery, no less.

I agree some people overlooked Montgomery, but he isn't great, nor is he doing particularly great this year (or even this game). He's solid, but someone who was so highly touted as Gibbs shouldn't have this much trouble taking a few more touches from him.

Right now he's clearly not where they expected him to be. Still extremely early, hopefully he gets a lot better, but let's not act like this is exactly how they thought it would go.
Indeed.

… he’s just a JAG.

Exactly. They're the idiots that took him that high, not us. You take a guy that high you expect to get something out of him this year.

… he’s just a JAG.

Exactly. They're the idiots that took him that high, not us. You take a guy that high you expect to get something out of him this year.
Very well put.

As far as this year goes, he is clearly a complete and total bust in redraft.
You said it
Watched the whole game start to end and it doesn't appear like Gibbs is any part of the game plan
Tonight he was very limited in snaps, rarely did I see him in there on consecutive plays
Monty has almost 30 carries tonight, clearly they are not concerned about managing that guy's workload

Gibbs should be on the bench at this point, 3rd and 4th Rd Draft stubbornness only thing keeping him out there

Once again I have started somebody I shouldn’t just because they’re playing on Thursday night and I’m bored.

I did that 2 years ago maybe, but we had such a long stretch at one point where every Thurs game was a dud I started sitting all Thurs guys unless it was an absolute no brainer.

… he’s just a JAG.

Because the Lions FO clearly takes the long view.

They did draft a guy with a busted wheel at #9 last year after all.

Does not run like Warren at all

Not useful in the passing game (yet?)

No one in my league drank the kool aid. I drafted him as RB depth/flex with upside.
Detroit gonna run a LOT.

Users who are viewing this thread