What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Rhamondre Stevenson, NE (1 Viewer)

@Anarchy99 - also, any insight on what possible injury to the thigh would keep Harris out for what, 5 weeks now?
I think it’s a case of either NE moving on or lowering his value to be able to reduce the number of potential suitors to try to re-sign him for cheap. If they aren’t bringing him back next year, I’d rather the rookies get some time on the field.

Friendly reminder to ignore the Miami fan MOP and listen to the locked in NE fan in Anarchy on all matters New England 😂
You complete me

Nothing but love GB but the narrative was off. The doghouse was nowhere to be found.

The man had a 94% RB Rush share, handling all but one carry. NE was in a hole fast and had to throw.
Yes they did and the man who had over 60 catches coming into yesterday did nothing in the passing game
And then he fumbled inside the 5 yd line, late in the 4th Q
B2B boneheaded plays have cost the Patriots in B2B weeks
7-6 and now 7-8,
RS falls down vs wild lateral, they go to OT and beat LVR
RS avoids fumble and scores they beat Cinci
Both plays late in crucial points
Patriots should be 9-6 right now

Sincerely,
Skip Bayless

Yea i don't think i can roll him out next week in the championship game. It's disappointing but i don't trust BB to do something crazy here...

Yea i don't think i can roll him out next week in the championship game. It's disappointing but i don't trust BB to do something crazy here...
NE makes the playoffs if they win their last two games. BB WILL NOT be sitting his best offensive player. If you want to suggest RS didn’t look good with his ankle injury, and the offense looks like a mediocre high school team, I won’t disagree. But Bill getting uppity about Stevenson and punishing him, that shouldn’t even be a consideration. BB at a presser didn’t blame RS and actually praised him. Said he was getting pushed backwards and had both arms wrapped around the football. Just a bad break.

Harris back in the fold and perhaps healthier than Rham. Some recent mistakes by Stevenson could also lead to more Harris. No idea whether to trust him this week or not.
Agree, I’m staying away could be the hot hand approach from early in the season and Stevenson only pulling ahead on game script.

Bill took a roundabout jab at the refs in his presser. He defended RS by saying he had two arms wrapped up on the football and the defense kept driving him backwards. Basically said the fumble wasn’t his fault. I don’t think much has changed no matter what the injury report says.

The only way I see DHarris taking on a more substantial role is if Stevenson tweaks his ankle during the game or is really ineffective.

NE has made a little more effort to throw further down field of late and seems to
have gotten away from the dump offs to RS. I wouldn’t expect a huge game from Stevenson, but this time of year fantasy owners may not have clearly better options.

Ne offense is complete garbage. I have decent other options so I'm benching him
Curious what your better options are ?

Not necessarily better. Kinda similar. I just don't like what I see from the Patriots. They don't get many chances to score.
All the guys below get more chances on better offenses.

Walker, Aaron Jones, sanders

I have gone back and forth on this all week. I have to bench somebody

If Bridgewater starts probably gives Stevenson a few more possessions.
Not to mention that Miami's top 3 options at LT may not play. Terron Armstead usually gets in some practice, but not this week. Judon must be licking his chops. And X has a knee injury that prevented him from practice yesterday. Miami has been bad at pressuring the QB, so Mac should be OK - he's been one of the worst under pressure. RS is a good start.

>>From PM: Dolphins' top 3 left tackles, starting QB, midseason prized pickup among those injured. And X a late scratch yesterday. And the exhaustion issue; Tindall; ESPN's Tua advice; Teddy; more:<<

Bill took a roundabout jab at the refs in his presser. He defended RS by saying he had two arms wrapped up on the football and the defense kept driving him backwards. Basically said the fumble wasn’t his fault. I don’t think much has changed no matter what the injury report says.

The only way I see DHarris taking on a more substantial role is if Stevenson tweaks his ankle during the game or is really ineffective.

NE has made a little more effort to throw further down field of late and seems to
have gotten away from the dump offs to RS. I wouldn’t expect a huge game from Stevenson, but this time of year fantasy owners may not have clearly better options.
This and only This
But let's not forget MoP forecast a horrible outcome and right, wrong, indifferent, the results 2 weeks ago after he purposely fumbled backwards when Overtime was on the table...exactly what i predicted would happen regardless of the actual reason why

This week I think he sticks a fork in Miami, we'll see if I am proven wrong finally
Would be good for my Phins if he ****s the bed this week

Assuming the Patriots and Bills suit up on Sunday (which is looking more likely), this is the first time in months that both Stevenson and Harris are not listed on the injury report. Last week, they essentially split snaps (RS - 34, DH - 29) with Harris getting a couple more touches (12 to 10) for the first time in a long, long time. Normally Week 18 wouldn't matter for fantasy purposes, but there may be a few leagues using stats from this week to make up for fantasy outcomes that couldn't be decided in Week 17. Stevenson probably will see the majority of touches, but it's probably a good bet that his huge advantages in playing time and touches has diminished a fair amount.

The Athletic's Jeff Howe reports the Patriots "have quietly shown interest in adding another blue-chip back" in the draft.​

Fantasy managers don't need to break into a complete panic just yet, as Howe also notes the team is "building the running game around Rhamondre Stevenson." Still, any early draft capital spent on a running back will undoubtedly eat into Stevenson's workload, even if the team tries to convince us otherwise. Currently holding the 14th overall pick in this month's draft, there's a good chance Bijan Robinson is still on the board when the Patriots are on the clock. A first-round selection of Robinson would do little to help Belichick and company, who have reportedly shopped quarterback Mac Jones this offseason, but Robinson undoubtedly qualifies as a blue-chip back for this exercise. It's possible the team could also be honing in on Alabama running back Jahmyr Gibbs, who played under offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien last season at Alabama.
RELATED:
SOURCE: The Athletic
Apr 5, 2023, 5:46 PM ET

The Athletic's Jeff Howe reports the Patriots "have quietly shown interest in adding another blue-chip back" in the draft.​

Fantasy managers don't need to break into a complete panic just yet, as Howe also notes the team is "building the running game around Rhamondre Stevenson." Still, any early draft capital spent on a running back will undoubtedly eat into Stevenson's workload, even if the team tries to convince us otherwise. Currently holding the 14th overall pick in this month's draft, there's a good chance Bijan Robinson is still on the board when the Patriots are on the clock. A first-round selection of Robinson would do little to help Belichick and company, who have reportedly shopped quarterback Mac Jones this offseason, but Robinson undoubtedly qualifies as a blue-chip back for this exercise. It's possible the team could also be honing in on Alabama running back Jahmyr Gibbs, who played under offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien last season at Alabama.
RELATED:

I don't think anyone can be surprised by this news...this is not about Stevenson but the fact that the Pats RB depth is questionable...outside of Stevenson they have two RBs who they may or may not like (i.e. no one really knows) in Strong and Harris and two vets (Robinson and Montgomery) who could have a role or not even make the team...with the depth of this RB class and the amount of holes the Pats have elsewhere I would be surprised if they ended up with Gibbs but with 3 4th round picks they will be in a position to draft one of the quality RBs from that group...the Pats desperately need playmakers and would love to see a RB like Spears added to the mix.

Last edited:
Bill seems determined to run an archaic offense in comparison to the modern NFL so it wouldn’t even be slightly surprising to see them stock up on RBs. It’s truly wild to me to see him go from super genius to stubborn old mule so quickly but here we are. Are Pats fans sick of it yet? It’s a tough league so even if you do a lot of things right success is no guarantee but he seems intent on creating the most boring offense possible directly on purpose.

RELATED:

I don't think anyone can be surprised by this news...this is not about Stevenson but the fact that the Pats RB depth is questionable...outside of Stevenson they have two RBs who they may or may not like (i.e. no one really knows) in Strong and Harris and two vets (Robinson and Montgomery) who could have a role or not even make the team...with the depth of this RB class and the amount of holes the Pats have elsewhere I would be surprised if they ended up with Gibbs but with 3 4th round picks they will be in a position to draft one of the quality RBs from that group...the Pats desperately need playmakers and would love to see a RB like Spears added to the mix.
I was hoping Strong would get a shot at that role, but it's true that they don't have the depth they normally have in the backfield. Another round 4 addition would not be surprising at all.

RELATED:

I was hoping Strong would get a shot at that role, but it's true that they don't have the depth they normally have in the backfield. Another round 4 addition would not be surprising at all.

He may, I would not be surprised if he does but he seems to project solely as that 3rd down RB...Pats have a history of redshirting RBs (especially ones like Strong) and he looked pretty good in limited play last year...even if they like him, they could use another RB...if Stevenson were to get dinged up they could be in big trouble at RB.

RELATED:
Like many ”blurbs” around this time of year it is vague and could mean something or nothing. I don’t doubt they draft an RB, but would be surprised if it will be in the first two rounds. They are also in that “Bijan” range of the draft and could garner some interest for someone wanting to trade up.

NE has been doing some things for years. They usually take a RB every year or two, whether on paper it really looks like they need one or not. That way, they usually have someone waiting in the weeks, it gives them leverage against the guy that is the lead dog, and it keeps their outlay at the RB position low. They also love waiting to see who falls in the draft and then taking someone they had graded way higher. Stevenson was the perfect example. He fell to pick 120. The Pats had him rated way higher than that, so they snagged him. The other thing they have done a lot more in recent drafts is intentionally drafting players with high athleticism scores. Who knows if those guys will turn into solid pros long-term, but most analysts would say NE has reached on some guys based on their crazy RAS metrics and measurables.

As already mentioned, Montgomery and Robinson are both dart throws. Maybe they get something from them, maybe they get released. Strong seems like he has a lot of upside, but who really knows what the team thinks. The other Harris is another player that not enough is known about (and could end up being a JAG). There's a chance that they view things potentially as Stevenson and no on else. Given all the spots they need to upgrade, I doubt RB is a mission critical position of need on Days 1 or 2. I suppose if Bijan or Gibbs kept falling and falling then maybe that would catch their eye. If that were to happen, I would guess they package some other picks to move up into the second round to get another pick in their somewhere.

I've seen a lot of mocks that have NE taking defensive players with their first few picks. That doesn't make a whole of sense to me, as the offense has been the problem. Not sure how I would feel if the Pats went WR / RB to start. I guess if they got difference makers then I would be ok with it, but if they took guys projected to go in the 3rd and 4th then probably not.

They were discussing the potential of drafting Bijan at 14 on the radio today (mostly as a positive). The buy in was from trying to create as many mismatches on the field as possible. For example, put Stevenson and Bijan on the field at the same time. Motion Robinson to one side, line up Marcus Jones on the other, and run a pass play with Stevenson as a safety valve. That's three guys impossible to cover on the field going in all different directions. The push back was that they didn't need to burn a first-round pick to get a shifty receiving back. I tend to think they have a lot better fish to fry than drafting another RB early, but Bill is gonna do what Bill is gonna do.

Users who are viewing this thread