What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Tank Bigsby, JAX (3 Viewers)

His value significantly dropped last year in DEVY leagues

Robinson, Gibbs, Evans, Bigsby, and Tucker seem to be the top five. Room for movement this year, though. I personally like Tucker's highlights because...well...speed, folks. Speed kills.

I want a couple of them. :wub:

Same here. I might get one just the way things fall. I will also gladly trade an asset or two if I find myself out of it with a suitable trading partner for a first.
I have 6 1sts. Might have 1-2-3, and likely 5 of the top 7 or 8. I’m going to enjoy the 2023 draft so so very much.
Didn't you have almost the entire 1st round in 2022 also? See my two threads 2023 devy rankings and 2023 three round mock (dynasty)

Didn't you have almost the entire 1st round in 2022 also? See my two threads 2023 devy rankings and 2023 three round mock (dynasty

I don't think that was directed at me, but I had the 1.01 (trade), 1.09, 1.12, 2.01, 2.02 this year. So yeah, I had a lot of capital in the draft. Thankfully Pickens has looked good so far, otherwise I'd be feeling even more el stinko about Watson and Spiller, and given the warm but not blazing reaction to Hall and Moore, Pickens has sort of saved the preseason, which should mean very little but things can go horribly awry in failure. You can't win the tourney on the first day, but you can sure lose it.

Auburn junior RB Tank Bigsby rushed 13 times for 50 yards and one touchdown while adding four receptions for 29 yards in Saturday's 24-16 win against San Jose State.​

San Jose State showed up for this one, pushing Bigsby and the Tigers throughout much of the game. Averaging a paltry 3.8 yards per carry, Bigsby had runs of 16 yards and 19 yards on a drive that ended with him finding the end zone from a yard out. Bigsby led all Auburn players in receptions on the day and was third in receiving yards, but credit San Jose State for keeping this one close throughout. Bigsby and the Tigers play host to Penn State in what could be a challenging Week 3 matchup.
Sep 10, 2022, 11:34 PM ET

I really don't know what to make of Tank...definitely flying under the radar right now...with guys like this I tend to take the simple/lazy route and let their draft position determine their value.

I really don't know what to make of Tank...definitely flying under the radar right now...with guys like this I tend to take the simple/lazy route and let their draft position determine their value.
The mid-tiers of RBs in this draft are deep and difficult to sort out. Tank Bigsby, Zach Evans, Kendre Miller, Chase Brown, Rochon Johnson, Deuce Vaughn, Israel Abanikanda, Eric Gray and DeWayne McBride are jumbled in various orders in rankings. I think you are right that their draft order and destinations will largely determine final rankings.

Here are my current rankings:
Tier 1: Bijan Robinson
Tier 2: Jahmyr Gibbs
Tier 3: Zach Charbonnet
Tier 4: Sean Tucker, Devone Achane, Tyjae Spears
Tier 5: Chase Brown, Kendre Miller, Zach Evans, Tank Bigsby
Tier 6: Deuce Vaughn, Israel Abanikanda, Eric Gray, Rochon Johnson

The mid-tiers of RBs in this draft are deep and difficult to sort out. Tank Bigsby, Zach Evans, Kendre Miller, Chase Brown, Rochon Johnson, Deuce Vaughn, Israel Abanikanda, Eric Gray and DeWayne McBride are jumbled in various orders in rankings. I think you are right that their draft order and destinations will largely determine final rankings.

Here are my current rankings:
Tier 1: Bijan Robinson
Tier 2: Jahmyr Gibbs
Tier 3: Zach Charbonnet
Tier 4: Sean Tucker, Devone Achane, Tyjae Spears
Tier 5: Chase Brown, Kendre Miller, Zach Evans, Tank Bigsby
Tier 6: Deuce Vaughn, Israel Abanikanda, Eric Gray, Rochon Johnson
From your list, I rank as follows: 1) Robinson, 2) Gibbs, 3) Evans, 4) Miller, 5) Charbonnet, 6) Tucker, 7) Brown, 8) Bigsby, 9) Johnson, 10) Achane, 11) Gray, 12) Abranikanda, 13) Spears, 14) Vaughn

I am still holding out some hope for this guy in the NFL. That Auburn offense and scheme was embarrassing.

Auburn RB Tank Bigsby visited with the Broncos.​

It's a notable top-30 visit as Javonte Williams recovers from a 2022 ACL injury that could keep him sidelined for the early part of the regular season. At Auburn over his final two seasons, Bigsby rushed for 2,069 yards, 20 touchdowns, and reeled in 51 catches. A committee back at Auburn, Bigsby was highly efficient on a per-touch basis. He posted middling results at the NFL Combine and profiles as a Day Two or Three pick in the upcoming draft. In Denver, Bigsby could share backfield duties with Samaje Perine if Williams remains out to start the season.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Mike Klis on Twitter
Apr 14, 2023, 9:33 AM ET

Bigsby is a complete mystery to me. His rankings are all over the place in some mocks and rankings posted on this board from reputable members.
For Example, RotoHeat has him RB3 Draft slot 1QB at 1.06 while CBS Mock has him RB12 as a mid-3rd Round Rookie pick in same format.
KTC has him RB5 as a early 2nd round pick which is closer to the middle or average of the groups.
Most people are saying the same thing as Auburn was a complete disaster and the OL/OC were :tfp: against some tough SEC games.

What is the real belief ? Is he just getting started on his capabilities or does he have "vision" issues as FTN Podcast alludes to?

Jaguars selected Auburn RB Tank Bigsby with the No. 88 overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft.​

Bigsby (6’/210) is a no-nonsense runner who topped 800 yards in all three of his seasons at Auburn. Though he did catch 30 balls as a junior, Bigsby profiles as a two-down player on tape. He posted a 4.56 40-yard dash at the combine. Though that isn’t a fast time, Bigsby wins with power and surprisingly nimble footwork, so blazing combine was never the expectation for him. Playing on stagnant offenses with subpar blocking in front of him, his three-year stretch of solid production is more impressive than it looks. It’s possible that there’s another gear to his game that we have yet to see. Bigsby won't be a threat to Travis Etienne for the starting gig in Jacksonville, but he will pitch in for work between the tackles. The worry for Etienne's backers will be the potential for Bigsby to act as the goal line option. If the Jags opt for Bigsby as their end zone hammer, he could become a thorn in Etienne's side.
RELATED:
Apr 28, 2023, 10:32 PM ET

Jaguars selected Auburn RB Tank Bigsby with the No. 88 overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft.​

Bigsby (6’/210) is a no-nonsense runner who topped 800 yards in all three of his seasons at Auburn. Though he did catch 30 balls as a junior, Bigsby profiles as a two-down player on tape. He posted a 4.56 40-yard dash at the combine. Though that isn’t a fast time, Bigsby wins with power and surprisingly nimble footwork, so blazing combine was never the expectation for him. Playing on stagnant offenses with subpar blocking in front of him, his three-year stretch of solid production is more impressive than it looks. It’s possible that there’s another gear to his game that we have yet to see. Bigsby won't be a threat to Travis Etienne for the starting gig in Jacksonville, but he will pitch in for work between the tackles. The worry for Etienne's backers will be the potential for Bigsby to act as the goal line option. If the Jags opt for Bigsby as their end zone hammer, he could become a thorn in Etienne's side.
RELATED:
Apr 28, 2023, 10:32 PM ET
Yuck

Damn, had some hope for the guy. Draft capital is alright but he is no threat to ETN. Bad landing spot.

Picked him up in a Devy after his freshman year. Still had some hope on recovering back a bit more value with a good landing spot. Not to be.

Took him with the 3.09 pick in an ongoing rookie draft (Full IDP, 1 QB, PPR). He was the 11th RB off the board thus far. They went:

1. Bijan (1.01)
  2. Gibbs (1.02)
  3. Miller (1.05)
  4. Achane (1.11)
  5. Charbs (2.01)
  6. Spears (2.02)
  7. Roshon Johnson (2.07)
  8. Chase Brown (2.12)
  9. Zach Evans (3.04)
  10. Abinakanda (3.08)
  11. Bigsby (3.09)

I traded to get the pick as I didn't see him lasting and thought it was good value at this point. I gave up Malik Davis and a 2024 4th rounder.

Took him with the 3.09 pick in an ongoing rookie draft (Full IDP, 1 QB, PPR). He was the 11th RB off the board thus far. They went:

1. Bijan (1.01)
  2. Gibbs (1.02)
  3. Miller (1.05)
  4. Achane (1.11)
  5. Charbs (2.01)
  6. Spears (2.02)
  7. Roshon Johnson (2.07)
  8. Chase Brown (2.12)
  9. Zach Evans (3.04)
  10. Abinakanda (3.08)
  11. Bigsby (3.09)

I traded to get the pick as I didn't see him lasting and thought it was good value at this point. I gave up Malik Davis and a 2024 4th rounder.
Good value for sure

Jaguars Rookie Minicamp, Day 2: 5 Observations on Tank Bigsby, Antonio Johnson and More

Excerpt:

Tank Bigsby shines

No player had a better day on Saturday than third-round running back Tank Bigsby. The No. 88 overall pick wasn't able to show off what he can do in between the tackles yet since the practice consisted of just helmets and shorts, but Bigsby flashed in a big way as a pass-catcher and as an overall athlete. On the day, Bigsby caught three touchdown passes, with one coming on an angle route vs. a linebacker in 7-on-7 and two others coming in the red-zone vs. an 11-man defense. Bigsby nearly had a fourth score, too, but went out of bounds at the one-yard line as he turned upfield and attempted to keep his balance.

Bigsby makes an impression when you first lay eyes on him thanks to his overall size and bulk, with a considerably powerful-looking lower half. And on Saturday, he showed he could complement his natural power and strength as a pass-catcher, showing good hands, feels for zones, and burst out of breaks and after the catch. Bigsby had a very good rookie minicamp and should have the inside track to the No. 2 running back job by midseason.

13 Up, 13 Down: Observations, Notes on Each Jaguars' Draft Pick After Rookie Minicamp

Excerpt:

The Jaguars have made an emphasis on drafting height/weight/speed players, seemingly acting like a team that wants to add size and speed each time they invest a premium pick. Running back Tank Bigsby checks both of those boxes, showing off the burst and size one would hope to see from a third-round back in person. While it is more noteworthy if a running back doesn't stand out in these practices (which happens more than most think), it was impressive to see Bigsby's size and explosiveness in person. He is cut from a different cloth than any other back on the roster.

"Love Tank, love what he brings as a kind of well-rounded running back. So when you look at, you just throw the stats out, top five fastest running backs in the draft, top five heaviest running backs in the draft, top five yards after contact in the draft. So he's a guy that plays physical, he plays aggressive, he's going to finish runs, he's going to finish runs going forward," Waugh said about Bigsby.

"And then despite that physicality, he's still pretty effective in the passing game. So I think that gives us another guy. I think in this day and age, leaning on one, running back's pretty hard. So the more you have in that room, the better."

Users who are viewing this thread