What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Tank Bigsby, JAX (2 Viewers)

Tank Bigsby rushed 13 times for 70 yards in the Jaguars’ preseason Week 2 game against the Lions, losing two yards on his only reception.
Bigsby has now gained 122 yards on the ground on just 22 carries this preseason, showcasing plus vision, lateral agility, and burst along the way. He appears to be locked into a complementary role alongside starting running back Travis Etienne entering his rookie season and could return significant value on a relatively deflated ADP should he also be utilized in short area situations.

Dude is a thumper, love Tank. It Etienne were to miss time, this dude would explode, imo.

Have him stashed in dynasty. He has an obvious role to playing time almost immediately.

I love Etienne but this was not the regime who drafted him. I think things will look very muddy come Year 2. But we'll see...

Oops, but point still made. Take away his long run today and 12/53 still a good day. Seems like he’s a ball player and will have a strong role in a good offense.

Oops, but point still made. Take away his long run today and 12/53 still a good day. Seems like he’s a ball player and will have a strong role in a good offense.

Always hated the "if you remove his long run", arguments. Screams of desperation.

Like maybe you could do that with Lendale White or other plodders, but Tank has metrics that suggest he will be able to gash defenses on broken plays. People take RBs hitting the right holes for granted.

Tons of RBs bust because they lack the vision to take what is blocked for them.

I wasn't trying to make an "if you remove his long run" argument, I was talking the eyeball test and just saying besides that one run he didn't do anything of note.

And if I DO remove that one run from last week, he was 8-18 so I think my eyeball didn't lie.

Tank Bigsby rushed six times for 37 yards in the Jaguars preseason Week 3 game against the Dolphins.
Bigsby again made his presence known in the team’s final preseason tune-up, splitting work with lead rusher Travis Etienne. It was the latter that found the end zone on this night but it appears as if Bigsby has worked his way into a split backfield on the backs of a strong camp and preseason. This backfield could bring weekly headaches to fantasy managers in 2023.

Tank Bigsby rushed six times for 37 yards in the Jaguars preseason Week 3 game against the Dolphins.
Bigsby again made his presence known in the team’s final preseason tune-up, splitting work with lead rusher Travis Etienne. It was the latter that found the end zone on this night but it appears as if Bigsby has worked his way into a split backfield on the backs of a strong camp and preseason. This backfield could bring weekly headaches to fantasy managers in 2023.
I guess all I can say is we'll see about that. Hopefully Etienne can show he deserves the bulk of the work once the law of averages kicks in.

Tank fumbled the ball away at the goal line, that's not going to help.
The good: He got the first GL carry
The bad: He fumbled
The ugly: They put ETN the next GL play and he scored
That would be disastrous if it wasn't preseason. This time of year, he can use that as a lesson. Happens to so many rookies. Does he learn from his mistake or not. That will determine his success.

That would be disastrous if it wasn't preseason. This time of year, he can use that as a lesson. Happens to so many rookies. Does he learn from his mistake or not. That will determine his success.
I don't presume to know how the Jags staff looks at any of this. I doubt it gets him totally buried or anything but we have to think it will be on the coaches minds in the first time they are on the GL in the regular season. Maybe they will want to get it to him to get his confidence back or maybe they shy away. I don't know.

how do we think Tank is going to be used early? Short-yardage/Goal line? some receiving usage?
Strictly as a typical RB2, No defined role, yet. His problem is that Etienne can do it all. It will take some time to carve out a role. And as long as Etienne is healthy, Tank might never have a defined role. We could see either or both of them doing anything at any time.

I like Tank (esp the name), but everybody keeps forgetting about D'Ernest Johnson. Has always performed when called upon, including with the Browns (took an injury to both Chubb and Hunt), and in this preseason with the Jags. I think he may surprise some Tank owners.

I like Tank (esp the name), but everybody keeps forgetting about D'Ernest Johnson. Has always performed when called upon, including with the Browns (took an injury to both Chubb and Hunt), and in this preseason with the Jags. I think he may surprise some Tank owners.
D'Ernest will spend his career as a third RB and special teams guy. This team is no different.

D'Ernest will spend his career as a third RB and special teams guy. This team is no different.
Perhaps so. We shall see.

Tank Bigsby had seven rushes for 13 yards and a touchdown in the Jaguars’ Week 1 win against the Colts.

Bigsby was the team’s distant No. 2 back behind Travis Etienne, but vultured a goal line touchdown in the second half. The rookie was awful on his seven rush attempts and drew the ire of his position coach. Though he could be a minor annoyance for Etienne, Bigsby has very little standalone fantasy value. He’s best seen as a bench stash in 12-team formats.

- Rotoworld

All of it looks great to me.

Signed,

-ETN shareholder
I don’t want to get too far out over my skis as they say- especially after how the Jags backfield started and ended last year but week 1 looked a lot like I expected. Still he’s a rookie playing in his first game. He’s going to get better.

He will be better and Etienne isn't exactly a prototype workhorse....I'd be buying low on BIgsby.

Last edited:
All of it looks great to me.

Signed,

-ETN shareholder
I don’t want to get too far out over my skis as they say- especially after how the Jags backfield started and ended last year but week 1 looked a lot like I expected. Still he’s a rookie playing in his first game. He’s going to get better.
He might.

I know his draft stock fell off his last season in college - some viewed him as a plodder.

So his preseason efficiency was something of a surprise.

His in-game performance seemed to match some of the concerns that caused his stock to fall a bit.

I followed him closely his last season because I was considering drafting him late 1st/early second, but ended up dealing the picks instead after trading for RBs.

I think he will get better. He was pretty terrible so it’s hard to see him getting worse and staying on the roster. ;)

Last edited:
The big takeaway is that Pederson went back to him after the pick 6 went through his hands and he gave up the fumble. So 2 TDs on him and they still showed faith in him - clearly they like him and want to build his confidence. I say this as a reluctant but realistic Etienne owner.

The real value here is that when it came down to goal line time, this dude MOVED the pile. As a guy trying to figure out the likely split and possibilities of an offense with lots of potential, that was the kind of play that makes me think he'll continue to get the high value looks, even if Etienne is clearly more explosive and all around superior throughout the game.

The real value here is that when it came down to goal line time, this dude MOVED the pile. As a guy trying to figure out the likely split and possibilities of an offense with lots of potential, that was the kind of play that makes me think he'll continue to get the high value looks, even if Etienne is clearly more explosive and all around superior throughout the game.
His GL TD was basically a walk in score? Am I remembering it wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread