What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ty'son Williams, BAL (1 Viewer)

Did anyone get a notification for FG when Gus went down? I am a subscriber and I didn't get anything. Maybe I have to alter my notification settings, but I wanted to check with the board first. 

Well it seems I've ended up with the starting rb for the ravens anyway.  At least until the practice field injures someone else again.

Like an idiot, I never put JK Dobbins into the "do not draft" in ESPN (they flipped him the next day). My time ran out and it flipped to autodraft. Ugg. I ended up drafting Williams in the 16th......be still my heart.

Trying to decide if I should drop Nyheim Hines for him.  
Im mad I picked Hines over him for the first run of waivers that ran last night. (Putting Michael Thomas to IR) and liked Hines as having a little more deep flex value if no injuries.   Oh well.  He has since been grabbed.

Now the decision in league 2...new keeper league.  Can keep up to 2 where you draft them this year.  I grabbed Dobbins late with the thought of keeping him next year for next to nothing if I wanted.

So I can IR him for this year and have a pick up when waivers run the first time overnight.

Right now Pollard was still available as is Ty'son.  I was originally going at Pollard and long term he may be a better overall pick up.  But right now we know Williams will have the first crack (or should).  Have to decide if I believe in Williams vs. Pollard.  Leaning that way now.

This is where being a small league is less fun.  Not a trivial cut to get him (Gaskin or Logan Thomas).  Any thought that the practical reality is more Lamar at the goal line to be the true result?

-QG

Hey an hour after everyone else broke the news and Footballguys is on top of it with a breaking news email! Now which of the 15 year old threads do I go to discuss. . .

This forum is a hot mess of garbage, for the record. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This is where being a small league is less fun.  Not a trivial cut to get him (Gaskin or Logan Thomas).  Any thought that the practical reality is more Lamar at the goal line to be the true result?

-QG
If you're in a small league and have a backup TE, I think you just answered your own question.

In one league with open waivers, I dropped Tua for him. In another, trying to decide whether to drop Mooney or Coleman, and realized the correct answer is "It doesn't matter."  :lmao:

If you're in a small league and have a backup TE, I think you just answered your own question.

In one league with open waivers, I dropped Tua for him. In another, trying to decide whether to drop Mooney or Coleman, and realized the correct answer is "It doesn't matter."  :lmao:
lol my league undervalued the tight ends - I got Kelce, Pitts AND Thomas :lmao: (TE can be flex so it's not as ridiculous as it seems)

it's only an 8-teamer but it's been running 32 years strong.

But yeah in a 10 or 12 or 14 teamer it's no brainer city.

-QG

Seems they've gotta trade to get Ingram back. The Texans kept 5 RBs and just dealt Bradley Roby today for picks. They're going to do nothing this season and should be acquiring every pick possible to fix that mess. Can't see them being overly stingy with Ingram, unless the Ravens just think he's totally washed up. Which I guess is possible. But Ingram seems like a no-brainer choice to pair with Williams now.

Seems they've gotta trade to get Ingram back. The Texans kept 5 RBs and just dealt Bradley Roby today for picks. They're going to do nothing this season and should be acquiring every pick possible to fix that mess. Can't see them being overly stingy with Ingram, unless the Ravens just think he's totally washed up. Which I guess is possible. But Ingram seems like a no-brainer choice to pair with Williams now.
They just signed Freeman and Bell.  Why would they also trade for Ingram?

I think the fact that Ingram was inactive and summarily removed from the game plan shows what they thought of him. But desperate times sometimes call for desperate measures.

They’d be better off trading for Lindsey. Speed to the edge is what makes the RPO scream. They let Ingram go because they found that in Dobbins. I think it’s a fair assumption that Lindsay would smoke Ingram to the edge these days. 

I think the fact that Ingram was inactive and summarily removed from the game plan shows what they thought of him. But desperate times sometimes call for desperate measures.
I get that compared to having Dobbins and Edwards healthy. But Ingram might be the perfect number 2 back for them in this situation. Veteran and knows the offense and organization. Might be a calming presence amidst the chaos of losing Dobbins, Gus, and Hill. Bell and Freeman could easily be released, whereas Ingram could fit in right away. Guess we'll see.

Plus I can’t imagine Ingram was happy about that situation.
He wasn't, but he was cool with it. I remember him being real supportive of Dobbins also.

Right now, any situation is arguably better than his current one. He'll leave with a smile plastered on his face.

He wasn't, but he was cool with it. I remember him being real supportive of Dobbins also.

Right now, any situation is arguably better than his current one. He'll leave with a smile plastered on his face.
I was talking about this last night - It I got the chance to play professional football, but it's with these Texans, it's it worth it?

They’d be better off trading for Lindsey. Speed to the edge is what makes the RPO scream. They let Ingram go because they found that in Dobbins. I think it’s a fair assumption that Lindsay would smoke Ingram to the edge these days. 
I reckon it’s just the opposite. The design is for the RB to hit the A gap while Lamar gets to the edges. 

The other thing that is an issue is the Ravens used to have a decided power/speed combo with Edwards (power), Dobbins (speed and some power) and Hill (speed). Ty'Son can be the speed guy (bit slower than Dobbins at 4.48 40 time), but are we sure he can power through tackies like Edwards? I'm not sure Freeman still can after watching him on the Giants last year, and I know Bell can't. They're going to need to find a power element at RB to complement the other back in the system.

I reckon it’s just the opposite. The design is for the RB to hit the A gap while Lamar gets to the edges. 

We might both be right here, but this is a good breakdown of what it looks like when they run east/west rather than A gap.

Before Edwards got hurt, well last week I went full monty on him with BBID waivers in a few of my leagues...so glad I did!!! Luck is such a huge part of this game we play...

Yeah, Lindsey would be a nice edition to this team. 

The other thing that is an issue is the Ravens used to have a decided power/speed combo with Edwards (power), Dobbins (speed and some power) and Hill (speed). Ty'Son can be the speed guy (bit slower than Dobbins at 4.48 40 time), but are we sure he can power through tackies like Edwards? I'm not sure Freeman still can after watching him on the Giants last year, and I know Bell can't. They're going to need to find a power element at RB to complement the other back in the system.
Ty'Son is pretty stout at 220 lbs. Not sure he runs with a lot of power, but sure showed something in pre-season (granted, with the pre-season caveat).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R1P90mBpNI

Users who are viewing this thread