What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Retired Cop Kills Man for Texting (1 Viewer)

Cell phone users in this country are a menace. There's signs at the theater telling you not to do this crap. If the guy weren't too consumed with himself to even bother to pay attention to the previews, he probably would have saw a polite message telling him the same thing. And then to be a flippant jerk wad about the whole thing just really took it to another level.
Gun toters in this country are a menace. blah blah blah....
We could have avoided this whole incident by banning cell phone use in public places just as easily.
What's wrong with using them in public places? I don't care if someone next to me at a baseball game uses one. It's not annoying to others to use one in a stadium. But in a theater the light and the noise are very distracting. A PGA event is a sporting event where they shouldn't be used. Depends on the situation. A theater is one where they should not be used.
:lmao:

Cell phone users in this country are a menace. There's signs at the theater telling you not to do this crap. If the guy weren't too consumed with himself to even bother to pay attention to the previews, he probably would have saw a polite message telling him the same thing. And then to be a flippant jerk wad about the whole thing just really took it to another level.
We could have avoided this whole incident by banning cell phone use in public places just as easily.
What's wrong with using them in public places? I don't care if someone next to me at a baseball game uses one. It's not annoying to others to use one in a stadium. But in a theater the light and the noise are very distracting. A PGA event is a sporting event where they shouldn't be used. Depends on the situation. A theater is one where they should not be used.
I use mine to masterbate :shrug:

I think we can get a pretty clear idea from this thread who thinks it's acceptable or unacceptable to text during a movie.

Not saying it's ok to shoot someone for doing it, but we can tell who clearly thinks its a big deal whether or not someone texts in a dark movie theater.

Me? I hope anyone who has ever texted during a movie in a darkened theater gets the ebola virus.

I hope those people get their clocks cleaned by a nice line drive. Pay attention to the game, jerk off. And maybe take the time to root for our home team while you're at it. Cell phone people need to be slapped around.

I think we can get a pretty clear idea from this thread who thinks it's acceptable or unacceptable to text during a movie.

Not saying it's ok to shoot someone for doing it, but we can tell who clearly thinks its a big deal whether or not someone texts in a dark movie theater.

Me? I hope anyone who has ever texted during a movie in a darkened theater gets the ebola virus.
It WASNT during the movie.

I hope those people get their clocks cleaned by a nice line drive. Pay attention to the game, jerk off. And maybe take the time to root for our home team while you're at it. Cell phone people need to be slapped around.
Why do you care if I pay attention to the game or not? My wife goes with me, but couldn't care less about the game. She reads her book. She goes because she wants to be with me.

Stop multi quoting giant streams of text.

Spock is fishing. Spit the hook.

The retired cop will claim some type of mental illness I bet.
Post Text Stress Disorder?
:lol: Seriously, it's friggin $11 here to see a friggin movie. I usually don't like any well enough to cough out the cash and chose to wait until it's on Netflix or something. So if I'm in the theater, I don't want to be bothered, especially if I'm there because a friend really wants to see this flick and had no one else to go with. :angry:
That guy texting paid the same $11
What happens if he's a senior only paying $7! :angry:

This thread might be the most accurate gauge of sane v. insane in the whole forum. What might be shocking to some is that, based on responses, Woz is in the "sane" category.

Why do you care if I pay attention to the game or not? My wife goes with me, but couldn't care less about the game. She reads her book. She goes because she wants to be with me.
You cell phone people just bother me. It bothers me to watch a sporting event, see them pan to the crowd, and half of them are on their phones or texting. I see a video for this awesome fireworks show and the entire crowd is holding up their stupid phones to tape it. You're just annoying people. And you deserve most of what you get for it.

What if she doesn't care about the movie?

You cell phone people just bother me. It bothers me to watch a sporting event, see them pan to the crowd, and half of them are on their phones or texting. I see a video for this awesome fireworks show and the entire crowd is holding up their stupid phones to tape it. You're just annoying people. And you deserve most of what you get for it.
Ok, you are more insane than I am.

As long as she doesn't turn on lights and emit sounds during the movie she can be there too.

Did she pay her $11 or sneak in through the emergency exit?

At least now if you yell, "Turn off your phone OR ELSE" in a theater, someone is now more likely to listen.

Theaters can jam the signal. The technology does exist. If they had done so in this instance, that man would likely still be alive.

This thread might be the most accurate gauge of sane v. insane in the whole forum. What might be shocking to some is that, based on responses, Woz is in the "sane" category.
He discredited his position by exposing that he didn't understand that the phone was making noise.

And it's pretty safe to assume that everybody's on board that murder is bad.

I think there's a lot of people obviously joking in here, on both sides.

At least now if you yell, "Turn off your phone OR ELSE" in a theater, someone is now more likely to listen.

Theaters can jam the signal. The technology does exist. If they had done so in this instance, that man would likely still be alive.
lol. Makes it all worth while that a life was taken... just kidding.

As long as she doesn't turn on lights and emit sounds during the movie she can be there too.
How's she going to read her book?

Which ones are and are not?

ETA: A supplemental list of those who think it funny to joke about a father with a three-year-old being murdered and those who don't would also be appreciated.

And I ####### HATE people who text in movies.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not kidding. Like I said, if I'm in the theater having spent $11 to watch a movie I either want to see or am seeing because a friend doesn't want to go alone, don't mess with me with your damn cell phone lighting up your area! :o

I dunno. I don't really see that.

Maybe I'm just getting older or whatever but it seems kind of gross that people here are so nonchalant about a bunch of lives being ruined because he was texting. I guess I just feel awful for the kid in particular.

Stop multi quoting giant streams of text.

Spock is fishing. Spit the hook.

The retired cop will claim some type of mental illness I bet.
Post Text Stress Disorder?
:lol: Seriously, it's friggin $11 here to see a friggin movie. I usually don't like any well enough to cough out the cash and chose to wait until it's on Netflix or something. So if I'm in the theater, I don't want to be bothered, especially if I'm there because a friend really wants to see this flick and had no one else to go with. :angry:
The question I have is what would your father sitting nearby and chaperoning you have done?

I'm not kidding. Like I said, if I'm in the theater having spent $11 to watch a movie I either want to see or am seeing because a friend doesn't want to go alone, don't mess with me with your damn cell phone lighting up your area! :o
Yes, we've already checked you off in the mentally ill category.

How's she going to read her book?
Didn't I mention before that I don't go to movies anymore?

Yes, we've already checked you off in the mentally ill category.
:excited:

I dunno. I don't really see that.

Maybe I'm just getting older or whatever but it seems kind of gross that people here are so nonchalant about a bunch of lives being ruined because he was texting. I guess I just feel awful for the kid in particular.
Yep.

I kind of get Statorama's obvious shtick. But there are some really ####ed up people in here thinking it is, or they are, funny.

ETA: Did any of you look at the pictures of that family before you started on what you thought was funny?

I use mine to masterbate :shrug:
Yeah, but it's set to vibrate so everyone's happy.

The more ridiculous the position, the greater the jest (in my opinion).

Ultimately, it's a tragedy. There's a lot we don't know about this situation that we don't know about, but the taking of a life for something as trivial as this shows a complete lack of empathy for what life is. This was the act of someone full of rage, and hopefully someone who is now coming to grips with what he's done.

Ultimately, it's a tragedy. There's a lot we don't know about this situation that we don't know about, but the taking of a life for something as trivial as this shows a complete lack of empathy for what life is. This was the act of someone full of rage, and hopefully someone who is now coming to grips with what he's done.
I know from your other postings that you know this. I'm not so sure about the others in here. But I'm glad you posted it.

Done. He came to a pistol grip with it earlier.

The dude that got shot was pretty big. Again, we don't know all of the facts, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that this guy is used to getting his way due to his size and came across as aggressive.

I just don't want us burying this ex cop when we only know the TMZ side of the story

99% of the "insane" posts are 100% shtick.
What is the point of shtick in this situation? Who thinks that is funny or "cute"?

It is certainly not my assertion that people are serious, but that if they aren't and post this stuff they're a bit off-balance, too. Why else would they post that crap?

I know from your other postings that you know this. I'm not so sure about the others in here. But I'm glad you posted it.
I can't believe you'd think any one here thinks the taking of life here is funny or warranted...

The dude that got shot was pretty big. Again, we don't know all of the facts, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that this guy is used to getting his way due to his size and came across as aggressive.

I just don't want us burying this ex cop when we only know the TMZ side of the story
He threw his popcorn.

SHOOT HIM!

I can't believe you'd think any one here thinks the taking of life here is funny or warranted...
Yeah, we've already dealt with you. Thanks, Premier.

What is the point of shtick in this situation? Who thinks that is funny or "cute"?

It is certainly not my assertion that people are serious, but that if they aren't and post this stuff they're a bit off-balance, too. Why else would they post that crap?
Just wait 'til I break out the James Holmes jokes. :coffee:

Exactly. That part of this situation is fairly obvious. The part that isn't obvious enough is that cell phones are mostly annoying.

Totally agree.

Yeah, the guy could have said, "go #### yourself, old man" and made a fist.

Yeah, we've already dealt with you. Thanks, Premier.
:yes:

Users who are viewing this thread