What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rg3 owners meeting (1 Viewer)

Dentist

***Official FBG Dentist***
So u owned rg3 and have had a great season. What are you doing next week? Gimpy rg? Your own 2nd string guy? Is cousins viable if he gets the start? Couldnt judge him today by a few plays.

Last edited by a moderator:
I fear the game time decision or not being able to finish the game the most. I have flacco. Big ben is on the wire. I hope to get him this week.

Not much on my wavier wire and my backups were Vick and Al;ex Smith. I might have to try Foles next week.

Didn't move premium backup Stafford for just this nightmare scenario so I'll be rolling with him. If not him, I'd check to see if Kapernick is available (he was dropped last week in one of my leagues) as he plays Pats.

Weeden vs Skins D probably most realistic option.

Didn't move premium backup Stafford for just this nightmare scenario so I'll be rolling with him. If not him, I'd check to see if Kapernick is available (he was dropped last week in one of my leagues) as he plays Pats. Weeden vs Skins D probably most realistic option.
Similar situation.Never traded Newton since I considered him ultra-valuable RG3 insurance.

Got RG3 in 3 leagues in playoffs.

Waiver wire is closed.

Backups:

Team 1. Luck @ Hou (Don't like it with way Ind line looks)

Team 2. Tannehill vs Jax

Team 3. Tannehill vs Jax, and Fitzpatrick vs Sea in Toronto

Looking at the waiver in my 10 teamer, going to snag Palmer (not sure why he's still there). I like his matchup. Could also grab R.Wilson, don't like his matchup.

Cut Rivers for Kaepernick when he was announced as starter.

Would still roll with Griffin is he can go but Kaepernick vs. NE is a pretty plus matchup.

I have had Rivers all year and picked up Henne a couple of weeks ago. Very little left on the wire ...

Rivers is picking it up - but pretty tough match-ups with CAR and NYJ

Rivers CAR 10 NYJ 8

Tannehill JAC 23 BUF 25

Wilson BUF 25 SF 4

Ponder STL 15 HOU 13

Bradford MIN 27 TB 26

Sanchez TEN 24 SD 17

Henne MIA 16 NE 22

1. 25. Wilson, Russell SEA QB 217.18 16.706 10.62 13.94 18.25 4.80 12.69 28.42 4.88 18.59 23.02 21.37 B 21.11 28.17 11.32 Free Agent - Add 11

2. 33. Bradford, Sam STL QB 199.63 15.356 13.37 26.20 5.48 7.84 15.54 23.05 13.35 14.00 B 20.90 13.65 19.00 12.94 14.31 Free Agent - Add 9

3. 49. Ponder, Christian MIN QB 167.29 12.868 9.90 18.15 26.52 4.94 20.67 21.88 4.67 15.14 3.82 19.99 B 9.06 9.91 2.64 Free Agent - Add 11

4. 50. Vick, Michael PHI QB 166.60 18.511 20.98 26.44 9.48 19.49 15.45 27.94 B 16.19 23.03 7.60 Free Agent - Add (O) 7

5. 57. Tannehill, Ryan MIA QB 159.11 12.239 5.76 20.20 7.14 23.24 8.92 16.90 B 0.72 17.15 5.68 8.44 17.87 14.44 12.65 Free Agent - Add 7

6. 74. Sanchez, Mark NYJ QB 141.38 10.875 24.74 10.22 14.99 2.12 12.65 11.78 15.47 14.17 B 2.96 12.37 14.29 1.08 4.54 Free Agent - Add (P) 9

7. 129. Gabbert, Blaine JAC QB 110.13 11.013 21.00 6.87 15.30 12.44 2.78 B 10.50 16.17 16.75 8.36 -0.04 Free Agent - Add (I) 6

8. 148. Cassel, Matt KCC QB 104.04 11.560 20.67 22.29 8.12 17.14 2.08 B 14.72 8.94 6.36 3.72 Free Agent - Add 7

9. 165. Kolb, Kevin ARI QB 96.71 16.118 6.94 16.95 20.73 26.16 10.76 15.17 B Free Agent - Add (O) 10

10. 186. Hasselbeck, Matt TEN QB 87.39 10.924 1.72 14.52 12.50 15.05 12.95 15.59 15.06 0.00 B Free Agent - Add 11

11. 221. Foles, Nick PHI QB 71.71 14.342

Sorry - this is a mess. The first part shows who the QBs play and the rank of the Defenses they face (giving up pts to QBs - higher is the lousier D's). The other is the the available QBs in my league (cut and paste from MFL)

Going with match-ups (and ignoring Tannehill), it looks like Wilson vs. BUF Wk 15 and Bradford Wk 16 vs. TB in my league at least. Chances are good I will get scooped on at least one of these guys to block me.

big ben on my wire and also have kaepernick. going to try to pick up big ben and decide between the three as more reports come out. leaning towards kaep as of now... SF's conservatism scares me but they've got to let him throw it more against NE right?

Looking at the waiver in my 10 teamer, going to snag Palmer (not sure why he's still there). I like his matchup. Could also grab R.Wilson, don't like his matchup.
vs KC's 9th ranked pass D? I think there's better options.I personally am gonna ride Tannehill next week if no RG3. Haven't seen enough from Cousins to want to start him.

I'm in a 2-QB league so for me not much is available. Henne, Locker, Foles, Cousins. No idea who to snag.

Knee sprain per MRIhttp://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000107793/article/robert-griffin-iii-sprains-right-knee-in-redskins-ot-win?campaign=Twitter_atl_rosenthal
:confused: I don't see anywhere in that article that mentions they did an MRI yet.
Just look around dude. The MRI info has been out for awhile, reported by official team sources all over other the place.
MRI is done, results are not. As far as I know anyway. No major ligament damage is early word, will probably get more detailed report sometime between Monday morning and after practice Wednesday. Depends on swelling.

Knee sprain per MRIhttp://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000107793/article/robert-griffin-iii-sprains-right-knee-in-redskins-ot-win?campaign=Twitter_atl_rosenthal
:confused: I don't see anywhere in that article that mentions they did an MRI yet.
Just look around dude. The MRI info has been out for awhile, reported by official team sources all over other the place.
MRI is done, results are not. As far as I know anyway. No major ligament damage is early word, will probably get more detailed report sometime between Monday morning and after practice Wednesday. Depends on swelling.
Right. But the guy was questioning that the MRI even happened yet.

I was actually questioning the comment "knee sprain per MRI". After looking at the article, the comment should have said knee sprain per the Redskins. I've seen many cases where an injury doesn't look to be that bad but after an MRI it turns out to be a torn ACL. I won't sleep good until I see something that officially says "knee sprain per MRI".

Signed, an RGIII owner whose playoffs start next week and has Michael Vick as my backup. :cry:

I fear the game time decision or not being able to finish the game the most. I have flacco. Big ben is on the wire. I hope to get him this week.
ben's actually my alt qb, but I don't like the dal match up.you have to wait 'til later in the week, but even if rg3 plays I think we lose the ground game, which is kind of his whole appeal.I think it just comes down to your alternatives.I actually have dalton in another league, so I'd have to seriously consider that.

I was actually questioning the comment "knee sprain per MRI". After looking at the article, the comment should have said knee sprain per the Redskins. I've seen many cases where an injury doesn't look to be that bad but after an MRI it turns out to be a torn ACL. I won't sleep good until I see something that officially says "knee sprain per MRI".

Signed, an RGIII owner whose playoffs start next week and has Michael Vick as my backup. :cry:
It's not an ACL. Whether it's something that could be a problem the rest of the year or he's back Sunday depends on the PCL, UCL, MCL, etc. Based on the vagueness of the Redskins report I would be surprised if they disclose in greater detail and if RG3 is any more than a limited participant all week in practice.Classic case of prepare for the worst, hope for the best. If you don't have a plan B, waiver claim one, just so you don't have to worry about it later in the week. You're probably not going to know if RG3 is out there and in what capacity until Friday, maybe before the plane takes off Saturday, unless it really is fine and he practices in full.

Team1 - Backup Cam Newton. Will roll with Cam next week.

Team2 - Backup Matt Ryan. Doesn't matter, lost my playoff game, at least partially on account of RG3s lame day.

Team3 - Backup Russell Wilson. Meh. Ben is on the wire, but I doubt I get to him, last in priority. Gonna rely on prayer and ADP.

2 QB league (one is a flex). Skins homer who watched all preseason. I've had Cousins from the get-go and have no problem plugging him in. At all.

Waiver wire is really thin in my two leagues. Had RG3 as my only viable QB option in both (and he was a big part of me making the playoffs in both).

I'm probably going to hedge my bets and go with Cousins in one league (ugh, at least the matchup is OK -- CLE) and Tannehill in the other (vs JAC, a decent matchup). Next option is Weeden (great matchup vs WAS by the numbers, but I'm afraid the Redskins D is going to pick it up since they're still in the hunt).

Could change my mind a dozen times between now and then.

Well, i looked more closely at the WW:

big Ben

Weeden

Foles

Brady Quinn

those are the starters out there.

Big Ben will be my first pick, but my guess is that someone notices my plight and since i'm 4th on the waiver wire, they'll block it.

So that leaves me with Flacco (my backup), RG3 if he plays, cousins, or Weeden.

Weeden gets to go against that horrible Wash D... he, gasp, might be my choice over Flacco

my league does team QB, which saved my season - in essence, I got RGIII and Cousin's points yesterday. We set it up like this for exactly this type of deal - QB is such a major points scorer that if your QB goes down mid-game, you are screwed. In a 10 man league, back-up QB's are never drafted anyways, so it really doesn't impact anything else.

Anyways, I have WAS QB (cousin/RGIII) and SEA QB (Russel) rostered. best on the WW are PHI QB (Foles), CHI QB (Cutler), oak QB (Palmer), and BUF QB (Fitzpatrick).

not digging any of these teams remaining playoff match-ups.

Will play Romo if RGIII will be limited in any way if he plays. Can't risk him not finishing the game. My other worry is how this impacts Garcon? Have him in another league.

Will play Romo if RGIII will be limited in any way if he plays. Can't risk him not finishing the game. My other worry is how this impacts Garcon? Have him in another league.
Only have Cousins or Kolb :X (16 team league, no QBs to come by) so Cousins it is. Hopefully Morris will keep Cleveland's D honest and Cousins can benefit from play-action.

In my main redraft, I drafted RGIII essentially as my "back-up" to Eli. I thought I was not doing anything out of the ordinary based on the information (ADP etc) at the time. I am surprised at the number of people who literally rolled the dice w/o a relative boring option as the other QB. Was the other QB traded or never drafted or injured? Just curious.

I am surprised at the number of people who literally rolled the dice w/o a relative boring option as the other QB. Was the other QB traded or never drafted or injured? Just curious.
Traded Big Ben for Charles straight up. 16 team IDP league w/player contracts and needed a RB. Hard to aqcuire any kind of talent in that deep of a league. Tried trading for another QB but with player contracts and IDP league people wanted arm and a leg. Thought my team was a young, rebuild type so just rolled with RGIII, wound up 2nd best in league but couldn't make any reasonable trades for a backup. Coming back to haunt me now.

In my main redraft, I drafted RGIII essentially as my "back-up" to Eli. I thought I was not doing anything out of the ordinary based on the information (ADP etc) at the time. I am surprised at the number of people who literally rolled the dice w/o a relative boring option as the other QB. Was the other QB traded or never drafted or injured? Just curious.
I traded Rivers as part of a package to get A.Hernandez before he came back from injury. The other owner had nothing in the QB cupboard, and my TEs stunk.

drafted PHI QB (Vick) ahead of WAS QB (RGIII), as this is a team QB league. Started WAS QB nearly every week since week 2. Never bothered trying to upgrade from PHI QB, whom I held out hope that he would recover. Finally dumped PHI QB last week for SEA QB (Russell Wilson)Looking through league transactions, here's a complete history of QB transactions:Sep 19: SF QBSep 25: CIN QBSep 26: SF QB droppedOct 10: SF QBOct 30: oak QBDec 6: SEA QB (my pick, last week finally upgrading over philly)really, the only meaningful time I could have upgraded QB was the Oct 10th timeframe where I didn't get SF QB. At that time, I was more concerned with the TE position - dealing with Jimmy Graham's bye-week and Aaron Hernandez's ankle injury - I was pretty pissed that I drafted both Graham and Hernandez, but still had to find a WW to fill the TE position. Back-up QB was not anywhere on my radar. That, and this was the first week that Alex Smith had actually put up bug numbers, so I passed.

if i sneak into the playoffs i have kaepernick and freeman as my backup, think i might go with freeman @ New Orleans if rgIII cant go.

League 1 - I drafted him to start maybe even QBBC with Alex Smith. Was unable to obtain Kaepernick due to WW priority. Russell Wilson is what I am stuck with now, but Ben is out there if I get lucky enough to grab him.League 2 - Backup to Matt Ryan.League 3 - Backup to Cam.

Been carrying Luck all year to back him up but wk15 is 1pm et start @cle for RG3. Still might roll the dice with him depending on news this week.

I hope RGIII is okay. From my experience, this injury leaves your knee weak. I think at best we see him in a brace which limits his mobility and arm strength. Best guess is he sits a week and you get better production out of your backup.

GL to everyone.

I have Wilson as a backup in one league and Kaepernick in another. My plan is to go with these two and hope for good games to make it the the final and hope RG3 is good to go and if not then I'll go with someone else like a Foles if I pick him up this week for a week 16 game vs Washington.

Available in my league are:

STL Bradford, WAS Cousins, PHI Foles, JAX Henne, TEN Locker, MIA Tannehill, CLE Weeden, and SEA Wilson.

I'm leaning toward Henne as a long term solution. His last 3 opponents are all in the bottom 8 in passing yards allowed.

Week 15 at Miami (251 y/g, 1.2 td/g allowed)

Week 16 vs New England (280 y/g, 1.8 td/g)

Week 17 at Tennessee (251 y/g, 1.9 td/g)

His toughest game is Miami but I think he'll have some incentive after they let him go last year.

For a one week option Russell Wilson (at Buf) and Brandon Weeden (vs Was) are possibilities.

Users who are viewing this thread