What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ronnie Brown status next year? (1 Viewer)

Stormers

Footballguy
I have an opportunity to pick up Ronnie Brown ultra-cheap in an auction league, salary cap league where we can keep 1 player per year at the previous year's salary plus a token % increase...

Has anyone heard what his estimated recovery period is? Will he back on the field for training camp? Preseason? Regular season? etc...

thanks in advance for input on anything you know on this topic!!!

Players suffering from his injury usually return to 100%, but not until about 18-24 months post injury. That being said, he has shown that he can perform at a high level in a weak offense, and is clearly an elite player when healthy. If you can get him cheap, deal with his recovery time, and look forward to a difference maker in 2009, and possibly in the second half of 2008.

Last edited by a moderator:
Players suffering from his injury usually return to 100%, but not until about 18-24 months post injury. That being said, he has shown that he can perform at a high level in a weak offense, and is clearly an elite player when healthy. If you can get him cheap, deal with his recovery time, and look forward to a difference maker in 2009, and possibly in the second half of 2008.
Thanks, good info. Unfortunately, if I can't use him productively next year it's tough to hold on to him for 2 years... it's a very competitive league, start QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-FLEX-TE-K-D with only 15 roster spots in a 12 team league... roster spots are at a premium... I'll mull it over though. Thanx.

he should be good for next season. i recently tore my acl. after surgery its anywhere from 3-6 months depending on rehab that he can start excercising/working out. and at least 1 year before he can doing cutback/change of direction excercises.

He will definitely play next year, and should be productive. However, players don't usually return to pre-injury form that quickly. He will most likely be productive, just not quite as explosive until he regains all of the strength/flexibility in the knee.

don't underestimate the mental aspect of recovery. RB got a taste of pro bowl status and will return as quickly as medicine will allow.

Players suffering from his injury usually return to 100%, but not until about 18-24 months post injury.
That seemed to historically be the case, but with increasingly better technology and conditioning, it seems like guys (e.g., Deuce McCallister) can make it back to near 100% the following year. I guess it depends though on the relative severity of the injury.

Players suffering from his injury usually return to 100%, but not until about 18-24 months post injury.
That seemed to historically be the case, but with increasingly better technology and conditioning, it seems like guys (e.g., Deuce McCallister) can make it back to near 100% the following year. I guess it depends though on the relative severity of the injury.
I agree with this. Back when Edge had his bad knee injury he really wasn't the same the next year. But it does seem like the technology and methods have improved and that full recovery is POSSIBLE in 12 months. As others have said alot depends upon individual healing and how hard one works at recovery. Bottom line is that it is hard to answer the original poster without know what his other options are. Is RB worth keeping? Yes. Are there better options? Yes.

Users who are viewing this thread