What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Saban to Bama (1 Viewer)

Saban meeting with Big Wayne as we type.

Press assembling outside the Dolphins facility awaiting any news.

Saban meeting with Big Wayne as we type.Press assembling outside the Dolphins facility awaiting any news.
Actually, local Miami radio (Hank Goldberg) reported Saban left and waved to the media. Wayne is now at the stadium organizing a PC.Sounds like he's gone.

Saban meeting with Big Wayne as we type.Press assembling outside the Dolphins facility awaiting any news.
Actually, local Miami radio (Hank Goldberg) reported Saban left and waved to the media. Wayne is now at the stadium organizing a PC.Sounds like he's gone.
So Saban isn't going to address the media...he must feel like he just had the weight of the world lifted off his shoulders...wait till he gets to Bama and those fans left over formt he good ole days of Bear Bryant start talking to him...if you have ever seen Hoosiers...I'll stop there.

God, the terms of his contract are getting leaked. 4.5Mil per year.

Unreal amounts of cash to coach an "amateur" sport.

Congress can't start the investigations soon enough into the non-profit status of these places.

He started getting cute at the press conference.

His respons about telling his wife "Happy New Year"...are we supposed to feel sorry for him and his lovely family? PLEASE!!!!!!!

I did not see the 2nd reporter but I recognized the voice and that was Jim Berry in Miami asking if "The deal was on the table"...good journalism and Saban could not them in the eye and answer the question...his eyes darted down and then he tried to focus on the back of the room...he isn't meeting with Alabama to posture himself with Miami. He has not done anything that great with Miami, he knows he will succeed better in college so now he can live in Tuscaloosa and be a hick, good for him and the quicker he does this the better.

Miami will interview... Jim Mora? Laundry list of Asst Coaches around the NFL...Mora is a decent coach who ran his mouth. There is some talent in Miami, he might make a decent fit. We need someone with a pedigree.
Why the hate MOP?Alabama is not full of hicks.
OK, let me explain. I grew up in South Florida then moved to Tampa to go to school and stayed there for about 10 years. Everything from Tampa north to me is basically Southern Alabama...I am kidding but there is a stark contrast in people once you get out of South Florida which ahs a strong Northeastern influence into the community...lot of NYC transplants in S.Florida.Why the hate? I don't hate but I have been to Birmingham and thru Alabama...it's not a progressive thinking community, sorry if I am being rude. I now live in SoCal and for the most part I like living out here because of the mentality difference in people from back in the South.

One example but it's a biggie is I can buy pot legally out here in SoCal...I need to do a thread on this. If 60 minutes were to ever really do a 20 minute segment on what transpires out here in California...peoples heads would explode. You might have read some blurbs here and there but the West Coast...not just California but the entire West Coast form the Rockies to the Pacific...just a completely different thought process on things. I don't enjoy the South much so I moved. Everyone is very slowwww down there, and even in business they are slow reacting to things.

That's my opinion, if you live there and like it, hats off to you. When I get old I will want to go back East but probably more like N.Carolina, somewhere within an hour of a palce like Charlotte, Atlanta, somewhere like that.

Also Alabama has a long history of racial hatred and I don't like it. I'm sure you are not like that but Alabama, Mississippi, those states will never be able to shake their history IMO.
When was the last time you were in Birmingham?I agree there is a vastly different mindset in comparing SoCal and Birmingham the details of which is how you want to live your life and raise your family.

Just a few Facts:

*Birmingham is the 7th best U. S. city for blacks to live, work and play. "Birmingham boasts the highest percentage of African American homeowners, 58%, of any of the top ten cities in America for blacks." Black Enterprise magazine, June 29, 2004.

*Birmingham ranked 10th among U. S. cities on the annual list of Fortune 500 companies, Fortune Magazine, April, 2001.

I work as a Software Developer and had plenty of opportunity to move to CA or the triangle area in the Carolinas when I graduated from school but did not want to. The cost benefit is just to great.

BTW I bet the taxes you pay on your house are more than my mortgage if your market is anything like New York. I have a house in New York and enjoy living there and visiting from time to time but for me nothing is better than here.

My wife is from NY and loves it here - in fact her parents even moved here after they came for a visit, sold their house in NY and moved down.

Saban meeting with Big Wayne as we type.

Press assembling outside the Dolphins facility awaiting any news.
So Saban isn't going to address the media...he must feel like he just had the weight of the world lifted off his shoulders...wait till he gets to Bama and those fans left over formt he good ole days of Bear Bryant start talking to him...if you have ever seen Hoosiers...I'll stop there.
Too bad the "good ole days" as you call it really mean "tradition"Since Saban has been in the SEC I am sure he knows a thing or two about Bear Bryant.

wtf does Hoosiers have to do with this?

Press Conference in Miami just announced Saban will make a decision by 10:00 on Wednesday.

God, the terms of his contract are getting leaked. 4.5Mil per year. Unreal amounts of cash to coach an "amateur" sport. Congress can't start the investigations soon enough into the non-profit status of these places.
83k per game in Ttown.Over 100k in the town and surrounding communities that don't attend the games.Mega bucks from being in a conference that goes to alot of bowl games with big payouts.Huge financial backing from boosters.You do the math.

Sources say Mal Moore and others said Saban accepted the job earlier today.

Some say the deal has been done for weeks, yet Saban wanted to finish out the season and begin assembling a staff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Press Conference in Miami just announced Saban will make a decision by 10:00 on Wednesday.
I'm not sure what to think of this.Has Saban not decided yet?Or did Saban say he was leaving, and Wayne told him he would have until 10 to change his mind?

Scott Moore from the Ticket Sports Radio in Pensacola stated Mal Moore and others quoted that Saban was hired.

Scott Moore from the Ticket Sports Radio in Pensacola stated Mal Moore and others quoted that Saban was hired.
Just heard that also. And that Saban would be in T-town tonight.Sounds like the latter of my two options.

Fort Lauderdale Sun Centinel states that the meeting is over, details sketchy, Saban wanted a delay until 10am tomorrow for the decision.

Maybe one last dinner @ Joe's Stone Crab?

Chris Mortensen had a team source tell him that the Dolphin staff is expecting him to leave for Alabama.

Big Wayne will talk later.

I'm worried that Wayne threw something at NS late today that made him rethink a decision he had already made.

But what would Wayne throw at him? I can't believe he would pay him more...

I'm worried that Wayne threw something at NS late today that made him rethink a decision he had already made.But what would Wayne throw at him? I can't believe he would pay him more...
They (the Phins) have alot of needs. I heard about them talking about upgrading the facilities and the stadium, but other than that I have no idea.

I'm worried that Wayne threw something at NS late today that made him rethink a decision he had already made.But what would Wayne throw at him? I can't believe he would pay him more...
They (the Phins) have alot of needs. I heard about them talking about upgrading the facilities and the stadium, but other than that I have no idea.
I believe Wayne just ponied up something like $30M out of his own pocket for some facility upgrades that will be ready for next Fall....

Big Wayne:

"I agree 100% with Saban's want to defer the decision. For those reason's I am all for Nick's delay of the decision."

"I love Nick Saban and I hope he stays"

Fort Lauderdale Sun Centinel states that the meeting is over, details sketchy, Saban wanted a delay until 10am tomorrow for the decision.Maybe one last dinner @ Joe's Stone Crab?
Close. I called Sexton and told him I had a rack of ribs from Dreamland riding on this. Jimmy said no worries and that he'd push to the 3rd. :thumbup:J

Last edited by a moderator:
BS post unless you're listening to "Psychic Friends Radio". SI.com reports here:

Posted: Tuesday January 2, 2007 4:17PM; Updated: Tuesday January 2, 2007 5:31PM

Miami Dolphins coach Nick Saban needs another day to consider a job offer from Alabama.

Saban met with Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga at the team complex for 10 minutes Tuesday and asked for more time to decide.

"The meeting went good," Huizenga said. "We had a quick meeting. We had a nice conversation. Coach asked if we could defer the decision until 10 o'clock tomorrow morning. And then he went into several reasons as to why he wanted to do that. I agree 100 percent with his reasons. I understand more now what he's thinking about."

Saban smiled and waved at reporters as he left the complex, but didn't stop to talk. For weeks he denied interest in the Alabama job, which became vacant when Mike Shula was fired in late November.

"I am not upset," Huizenga said. "I love Nick Saban. I hope he stays. I'm optimistic."

Fort Lauderdale Sun Centinel states that the meeting is over, details sketchy, Saban wanted a delay until 10am tomorrow for the decision.Maybe one last dinner @ Joe's Stone Crab?
Close. I called Sexton and told him I had a rack of ribs from Dreamland riding on this. Jimmy said no worries and that he'd push to the 3rd. :thumbup:J
..... and I have a Bryant Boat riding on this.....

In reading another board I saw a rather thoughtful reason for the delay. Saban is staying at Miami and the 10AM time gives Mal Moore opportunity to call his second choice and get things in place to save face for Moore and Bama.

Delivered straight to the Mellycabin

Delivered straight to the Mellycabin
I christen this boat "Country Clubbers"

In reading another board I saw a rather thoughtful reason for the delay. Saban is staying at Miami and the 10AM time gives Mal Moore opportunity to call his second choice and get things in place to save face for Moore and Bama.
:thumbup: Saban I think at one time was very interesting in the job but now that he has had a reassuring talk with Wayne, he is recommitted to the phins.

Could be. It's been reported that Mal had a 2nd guy who he was sure would still be available if Saban said no.

Could be. It's been reported that Mal had a 2nd guy who he was sure would still be available if Saban said no.
Petrino?

Users who are viewing this thread