What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Save two dynasty players from a burning building.... (1 Viewer)

sushinsky4tsar

Footballguy
Strongest team in a .5 PPR league that's stacked at WR, TE, and has a lot of question marks behind my top 2 RBs. Give me your top choice and second choice to save from this group:

Dameon Pierce
Jaleel McLaughlin
Ezekiel Elliott
Demario Douglas
Tucker Kraft

Without any other info (like who are your WR's) or knowing how many you keep in general I would rank them as follows:

1. Demario Douglas - I think he is the highest upside of the bunch and will have a role moving forward. He is a good talent on a team that doesn't have much on the outside.
  2. Jaleel McLaughlin - I like the upside and he has flashed at times. Usage is the risk but I think the upside is worth the risk based on the other choices
  3. Dameon Pierce - While he is behind Mixon and wasn't utilized last year he still has shown he can be a workhorse and has some NFL talent.
  4. Zeke Elliott - Blah, blah, blah.......but he can still be useful in the right situation. I just wouldn't take him at this point over the guys above him.
  5. Tucker Kraft - I am not raiding any tombs.

I'm thinking I'll get a lot more clarity on Douglas in the next two days. I'm kind of expecting him to be expendable post-draft, but we'll see what the Patriots do at the position. Pretty strong already with Lamb/AJB/Waddle/Higgins/Godwin, so that makes for a pretty high bar.

I think you're right on the RB ranks. At this point I'm okay with the fact that I might be throwing good money after bad prioritizing Dameon Pierce. I can't allow him to revert back to his rookie form after what I paid for him last year. I will definitely be scrambling to find another way to protect McLaughlin.

As a Javonte Williams truther I'm not sure how much worth it is to keep McLaughlin but given his injury history.....

I might keep Zeke here...if he resigns with Dallas he could vulture with Dowdle being 1A.

You won't be playing Douglas like ever unless you displease the fantasy Gods and send a plauge of bad hammys upon your WRs.

Not sure how much Pierce would see the field so....

I might suggest 1.Zeke, 2.McLaughlin, or 3.Pierce but Gally could also be correct here and Zeke is kinda useless.

That's my bad take. Thank me when I tank your team.

With Zeke signing back in DAL he gets saved. He is likely their starter for the year as they didn't draft anyone. Rico will work in but Zeke will likely get half the snaps. Zeke can get you spot starts (flex play) at worse. Usually starts off the season strong when healthy - could trade him early season and get a nice draft pick.

Another option with Zeke is see if you can trade him to a RB needy team for a future draft pick. Maybe a 2025 or 2025 2nd depending on league/needs.

Pierce or Douglas are the next two. Pierce should be RB2 in that offense and would step up if Mixon got hurt. Immediate upside as starting RB if he gets the call.

Douglas should continue to be the starting slot receiver. He has shown he can do it in the NFL and Maye is going to need consistent receiver play in his first year. Only downside could be volume depending on their offense/system and Maye being a rookie. At least Maye isn't afraid to chuck it.

NE drafted 2 receivers in Polk and Baker but they are rookies and no guarantee they hit. Douglas IMO is worth keeping around as he' done it before.

Zeke signing in Dallas was expected. Them doing nothing else at the position was not. Probably jumps to #1 for me since I'm a contender without obvious depth options. Probably a guy I should try to sell right now, because I'm not convinced this is the backfield week 1.

Douglas. Like the fact that they didn't make a big play at WR. I was not as high on Polk, but higher on Baker going in. I think the opportunity is still there for Douglas, but it's a very murky path to fantasy relevance.

Payton has made positive comments about McLaughlin's role growing. Maybe just blowing smoke. Don't love that the Broncos felt the need to spend a 5th on Estime and go after one of the top UDFAs, but those guys probably shouldn't factor in. Jaleel is probably a better weapon than anything that's going to matter much for fantasy. This would still be a painful drop for me. Very efficient with the opportunities he was given.

I think I'm on Zeke and giving Pierce a chance to rebound if I had to go today.

Users who are viewing this thread