What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Send Some Good Vibes My Way Tonight If You Wouldn’t Mind (1 Viewer)

Boredom at the hospital has set in. It’s become a numbing experience from the first night to this one. I’ve sort of accepted the whole thing and feel reassured by the doctors. This is, of course, dangerous, but it’s as par for the course as it could be, at least thus far. It’s still lethally dangerous, this procedure, even if success rates are high. So I’m bored but not blasé. This is serious stuff. Hospitals are no fun. The IVs required are damaging and suck. They’re implanted and embedded in your skin, and they can hurt all on their own. But that’s a minor complaint. Just…not fun.

Last edited:
Good luck, rock. Any word on when this will happen or still hurry up and wait?

The CT team meets tomorrow to determine the depth and breadth of the surgery. They have to project the CAT scans to get a look at them and decide what to do with him. So they’re progressing, but it’s hurry up and wait still. Thanks for asking, Rich.
Things usually move faster during the week. Thank goodness for smart phones.

No update today. In some weird news, my Mom’s old friend from work checked into the ER today in Htfd with a low blood count. This must be crazy for Mom. Anyway, will update later.

I’m hospital-free today and at the hotel. Not sure which is worse. Mom is there and left early so she was going to pick me up later, but decided to stay for rounds which haven’t happened yet. So I sit in the hotel, which is fine. We changed hotels, so that’s a plus. Much nicer. Update again—looks like Wednesday is surgery.

I know this is probably boring and a little look-at-meish and possibly untoward, especially if you’re not going through it, or your front page mission is fun and fun only. I apologize for that. I’m only updating to see it through and because it helps settle me down and clarify what’s going on. Thanks again to all the well wishers and erstwhile raiders that have kept my spirits up. Peace on ya, brothers!

Really, I’m an emo guy anyway, so this is natural for me to express it in this way, and then once started, to see it through.
Express away. If that works for you then go for it. Nothing hurt by doing so. I usually don't respond to these type of things because I don't really have anything to add. It also seems odd to me to comment the usual "praying for you" type post as it almost seems selfish as a look at me type thing.

Hospitals suck and I hope you are able to get through this quickly.

It also seems odd to me to comment the usual "praying for you" type post as it almost seems selfish as a look at me type thing.
I know what you’re saying, but on the other end it feels honestly great to get support and its outpourings. I’ve literally cried over the simplest of “praying/thinking of you” messages, including this acknowledgement. It’s like sending condolences upon death or a thank you note for a gift. Some recipients never forget simple gestures.

Thanks, Gally. Peace to you, bro.

whats the word rock we are all hoping for the best and wishing you well go listen to son of a highway daughter by ruston kelly and emo it up for me although it does violate your no robot voice rule anyhow just messing around a bit but sincerely hoping for good stuff and good news

whats the word rock we are all hoping for the best and wishing you well go listen to son of a highway daughter by ruston kelly and emo it up for me although it does violate your no robot voice rule anyhow just messing around a bit but sincerely hoping for good stuff and good news

SWC’er, it’s surgery Wednesday for a valve. I will have to ask my mother the technical name of the procedure. They’re going in through the groin or neck if that helps narrow it down. No open heart as of yet.

I’ve been listening to “Tennessee Me“ by the Secret Sisters and its obvious influencer, “Devoted To You” by the Everlys, by the way. Will check Kenny Ruston. Vox effects for sure.

SWC’er, it’s surgery Wednesday for a valve. I will have to ask my mother the technical name of the procedure. They’re going in through the groin or neck if that helps narrow it down. No open heart as of yet.
I gotta be honest - this made me shiver a bit.

new shirt maybe. Love these harmonies right now.

Yup. And they hope it’s the groin because that’s easier. Otherwise it’s his neck, which seems more invasive and dangerous.
mine was the wrist but they prepped the groin as in they shaved all yall down there and that was the most horrible part take that to the bank brohans

mine was the wrist but they prepped the groin as in they shaved all yall down there and that was the most horrible part take that to the bank brohans

Argh. That’s shiver-inducing for sure.

I think in that scenario I would prefer a female shaver. They are used to navigating a razor around sensitive private areas. The last thing you want is a guy with a blade down there who has never shaved his nuts.

It would be like the wood mulching scene in Fargo.

This is a nice sentiment and all but where's he supposed to take this, brochacho?

I know this is probably boring and a little look-at-meish and possibly untoward, especially if you’re not going through it, or your front page mission is fun and fun only. I apologize for that. I’m only updating to see it through and because it helps settle me down and clarify what’s going on. Thanks again to all the well wishers and erstwhile raiders that have kept my spirits up. Peace on ya, brothers!
Not all. I doubt you want to unload on your mother, but there a bunch of us here to talk with. Few things are worse than sitting around waiting with no one to talk to.

I'm glad you moved hotels. Pretty sure that helped just a bit.

Just saw this thread rock. Best to your dad. It’s ok to feel whatever you’re feeling. When my grandma was in a tough spot and my family was losing their minds, I just tried to breathe and be present for her and the others. It helped me to focus on being of service to them.

Will be praying for your dad.

Hey Rock I've been spending less time lately on the FFA but I came here this morning and saw your thread. Best wishes to your dad tomorrow, and to you and your mom as well. I know how difficult these kinds of things can be on the rest of the family. Please make sure you're taking care of yourself

Yup. And they hope it’s the groin because that’s easier. Otherwise it’s his neck, which seems more invasive and dangerous.

Argh. That’s shiver-inducing for sure.

I think in that scenario I would prefer a female shaver. They are used to navigating a razor around sensitive private areas. The last thing you want is a guy with a blade down there who has never shaved his nuts.

It would be like the wood mulching scene in Far

This is a nice sentiment and all but where's he supposed to take this, brochacho?
in the rare circumstance when stuff is real around here i drop the take it to the bank line so you know im sincere so there you have it

If it’s the aortic valve, then it’s transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR).

Thanks, guys! Surgery is likely Wednesday. Today is still assessing and waiting.

If it’s the aortic valve, then it’s transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR).

that’s exactly what it is. Thanks, Pip. Asked my family last night.

Users who are viewing this thread