What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Share your greatest flips (dynasty) (1 Viewer)

msudaisy26

Footballguy
Guys that have never started a game for your team but you bought them, and then sold them in the offseason.

Mine was Lamar Miller

Gave Jermaine Gresham for Lamar Miller right before the trade deadline.

Traded Lamar Miller this offseason for Antonio Brown, 2014 first and second, both are likely to be top 6.

Guys that have never started a game for your team but you bought them, and then sold them in the offseason.

Mine was Lamar Miller

Gave Jermaine Gresham for Lamar Miller right before the trade deadline.

Traded Lamar Miller this offseason for Antonio Brown, 2014 first and second, both are likely to be top 6.
This is still TBD. If you miss on both picks, Brown hovers around only as a top 20ish WR and Miller breaks out as a top 5-8 RB over the next few years. Then I'd say its not a great flip.
Since I am fairly new to fantasy football it is my only flip and since I went from Gresham to Brown a 1st and a 2nd it will be good even if I miss on both

Last edited by a moderator:
Flipped Crabtree for a rookie 1st with the feeling the team was real bad, turned into Trent Richardson.

Last year, I traded RGIII and a 2013 first (became 1.09) for Stafford and three 2014 firsts despite the fact that I don't like Stafford at all, just because I figured I could flip him. I turned around and moved him a week or two later for Demaryius Thomas. I love me some RGIII, but I'd move him all day long for Demaryius and a pair of future firsts.

I actually used the players but in very early 2010, I pick Lloyd off waivers and got Hillis as a throw in on a trade. Hillis was RB2 that year and Lloyd WR3. At season end, I traded both to a team for the 1.03 and his 2012 1st. Those picks became Julio Jones and Doug Martin.

Flipped Joseph Addai for some rookie named Ron Gronkowski and a 2nd.

Flipped Thomas Jones for a rookie first round pick. Wound up being 1.01 and Trent Richardson.

Keenan McCardell for Larry Johnson at 11 years old in a 20 team dynasty. lol won my league 3 times in 4 yrs. Need 5 to take the league. (23 now in the same league)

Flipped Thomas Jones for a rookie first round pick. Wound up being 1.01 and Trent Richardson.
Is Ron the fullback/H-Back? If so, that isn't that great, I think Addai still had a decent year or two didn't he?

I picked up UDFA WR Kenbrell Thompkins off the waiver wire a few weeks ago and sold him for a second round pick one week later. It was the best dynasty move I have made, and ever will make, until the end of time.

:thanks:

Tavaris Jackson for the 2.01 in a 20 team league a few moons ago

Reggie Wayne (although he was my gun for many year) in 2011 for a 1st rounder that became RGIII

Is Ron the fullback/H-Back? If so, that isn't that great, I think Addai still had a decent year or two didn't he?
Rob actually. I blame ipad autocorrect. Yeah... That's the ticket.

And it was the last year Addai was in the league. It was after Ron/Rob's rookie year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded Dwyer for Ivory after the saints tagged him, and traded him back to the same owner for a 2014 1st after he went to the jets. Just dumb luck, really, but I enjoyed it.

2010 offseason I was trying to add some depth to a guy making a title run.

Gave: Steven Jackson

Received: LeSean McCoy/Dwayne Bowe

2011 Mid Season

Gave: Early Doucet/2011 2nd

Received: Michael Crabtree

2009 mid season, took over an abandoned team without much at WR

Gave: Cedric Benson, Bernard Berrian

Received: Alex Smith, Malcom Floyd, Brandon Marshall, 2010 2nd

Gave: Adrian Peterson, Mo Massaquoi

Received: Rashard Mendenhall, Calvin Johnson, Jeremy Maclin

Gave: James Starks, Malcom Floyd

Received: 2012 1st from an awful roster, team eventually went winless.

Flipped Denarius Moore at the height of his rookie preseason hype for Cam Newton at his lowest rookie preseason value.

Made less impressive by the fact that I was actually trading for Joseph Addai and Newton was a throw-in...

Probably my best flip has been drafting and moving Big Mike Williams when there was all the hype in Seattle for Demaryius Thomas when he was still recovering from the Achilles injury.

I picked up UDFA WR Kenbrell Thompkins off the waiver wire a few weeks ago and sold him for a second round pick one week later. It was the best dynasty move I have made, and ever will make, until the end of time.

:thanks:
Funny, I also got him off the WW and was offered a 2nd-turned it down. Still glad I turned down the random player, though not your level of confidence.

Gandalf> That was just me embellishing the move amid all the KT hype. I do feel pretty great about having two second round picks next season though. Drafting is my favorite part of dynasty by far. And with the RSP you aren't just getting a random player. I am sure you are familiar with the RSP. Anyhow, you and I can still both win here. Because any return you get on KT after picking him up for free will be money in the bank. BOL with him for real, G. I hope he pays dividends for you. :thumbup:

It was a series of trades this off season:

Traded Emmanuel Sanders for a 2013 1st (Ended up being Zac Stacy)

Then I sent Ridley and Harvin (pre-injury) packing for Calvin + J. Franklin and Denard Robinson

Then traded Stacy and Robinson for Eddie Lacy.

Final outcome:

Sanders, Ridley, Harvin

for

Megatron, Eddie Lacy, Jon Franklin

Traded away Trent Richardson for Lynch, 1.2 (became L. Bell) and 1.6 (became Patterson).

Then Immediately moved Lynch (not a fan) and a future 1st for Spiller, 2.4 (became Christine Michael), and a future 2nd.

So basically I moved Trent Richardson and a 2014 1st for Spiller, L. Bell, Patterson, Michael, 2014 2nd.

I drafted MJD around #20 overall in a rookie dynasty draft and flipped him with a future third for Wali Lundy. Oh wait.... :mad:

3pt passing TD league so rushing qbs are a premium. Three year contract auction league.

Two years ago I drafted demarco Murray and bilal Powell. Traded Murray just before season for cam newton. Both players had near minimum contracts. Almost got the guy to take bilal instead. Almost.

Cam started every week for me except first two games of rookie season and byes. Other guy has only played Murray a couple times. I've been overall points leader since trade and made champ game last year and cam has been top three QB both seasons.

This last season with cam before his contract blows up. I've enjoyed having a real cheap starting QB!

Last year:

Donald Brown, Denarius Moore, Jerome Simpson

for

David Wilson and Robert Meachem

-

Willis McGahee, Dennis Pitta

for

Michael Crabtree, Brandon Pettigrew, 2013 2nd Rounder

Last year Brandon LaFell (relatively cheap contract for another three years) for a 2013 1st. Turned out to be 1,03.

Drafted Gabbert last year in a startup. Traded him for James Starks. Then traded Starks to a Packers homer for Harvin. Funny part is that none of the three will be fantasy relevant this season despite the fact that it appears I pillaged my leaguemates.

Drafted Gabbert last year in a startup. Traded him for James Starks. Then traded Starks to a Packers homer for Harvin. Funny part is that none of the three will be fantasy relevant this season despite the fact that it appears I pillaged my leaguemates.
Good for you, I guess. I'd almost be embarrassed to screw someone like that. Was the guy a newbie or someone who is only casually interested in FF?

2008, if memory serves the Bengals announced in pre-season that Chris Perry was to be the starting RB. I traded him straight up for that underachiever DeAngelo Williams.

Sent and owner a 2nd round rookie pick for Desean Jackson in June.

The next morning I had an offer of a first round rookie pick for him in my inbox which I accepted.

Decided to blow up my team and traded Rudi Johnson after 3 solid seasons for the 1.01 which I used on Peterson. I tried to trade for the rights to draft him in every league I was in but that was the only one I could convince.

After their ho-hum rookie seasons traded Donald Brown & 1.03 for LeSean McCoy & Brees. 1.03 was used on Spiller so that hasn't turned out too bad for the other guy now but Brees & McCoy have been a big part of me winning back to back championships.

Have made some real bad trades too of course. Gave away McFadden for peanuts after he looked like a bust his first 2 years. I drafted Tate in a lot of leagues but turned down all the offers where people would have given me Foster in the same offseason. I thought they all wanted too much for undrafted Foster but it would have been a steal in hindsight. Traded away the 1.02 for Stevie Johnson plus some because I didn't want Ingram in one league, the 1.01 wouldn't budge, and I didn't believe in Julio (oof.)

Users who are viewing this thread