What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Pool mock draft - three rounds. Draft started (3 Viewers)

A real dilemna here for the Steelers - two guys I like at this spot and I thought one would be gone, but he isn't. What the hell, since this is for fun and is only a three-rounder...The Steelers select Heath Benedict, OT, NewberryIt was either Benedict or Roy Schuening, who I thought would be off the board by now and probably would be the Steelers' pick. Scheuning is a solid, unspectacular, well-rounded G prospect who could step in relatively quickly to replace Faneca. Along with Cherilus, he would fill the spots vacated by Starks and Faneca. However, Benedict is an intriguing guy. He went to HS with my half-brother at The Peddie School in NJ and is something of a freak. 6'5" 335 lbs and supposedly will run a sub 5.0 40 and can bench well over 400 pounds. He's also a mean, nasty SOB just like Cherilus and would fit beautifully in black and gold. Obviously, he's much more of a boom-or-bust guy - he was one of the most highly recruited OL in the nation coming out of HS, signed with Tennessee, got injured and had some academic issues, and transferred to Div 2 Newberry, where he was an All-American. Obviously the level of competition is a concern, but he impressed at the Senior Bowl, where he was able to handle some big-time rushers (and kicked someone's butt as well.). Adding to the mystique is the fact that you can project him either to G or T, meaning that along with Simmons (C or G), Mahan (C or G) and Colon (G or T) the Steelers would be able to do a lot of shuffling in order to find a line that works.
I had you tagged for McGlynn all the way here.
Good call by you, then. He and Cousins were two other guys I was looking at all along, but they both went within 4-5 picks before I was up.

EG, I think you've done a nice job of restocking the Oline. A definite need after watching Ben get splattered all year. They've got good offensive skill guys. The defense is mostly solid.

Not a flashy draft. But should be a productive one.

EG, I think you've done a nice job of restocking the Oline. A definite need after watching Ben get splattered all year. They've got good offensive skill guys. The defense is mostly solid.

Not a flashy draft. But should be a productive one.
Then, I feel I've done good work because 9 out of every 10 Steelers drafts could be described just that way. Thanks.

A real dilemna here for the Steelers - two guys I like at this spot and I thought one would be gone, but he isn't. What the hell, since this is for fun and is only a three-rounder...The Steelers select Heath Benedict, OT, NewberryIt was either Benedict or Roy Schuening, who I thought would be off the board by now and probably would be the Steelers' pick. Scheuning is a solid, unspectacular, well-rounded G prospect who could step in relatively quickly to replace Faneca. Along with Cherilus, he would fill the spots vacated by Starks and Faneca. However, Benedict is an intriguing guy. He went to HS with my half-brother at The Peddie School in NJ and is something of a freak. 6'5" 335 lbs and supposedly will run a sub 5.0 40 and can bench well over 400 pounds. He's also a mean, nasty SOB just like Cherilus and would fit beautifully in black and gold. Obviously, he's much more of a boom-or-bust guy - he was one of the most highly recruited OL in the nation coming out of HS, signed with Tennessee, got injured and had some academic issues, and transferred to Div 2 Newberry, where he was an All-American. Obviously the level of competition is a concern, but he impressed at the Senior Bowl, where he was able to handle some big-time rushers (and kicked someone's butt as well.). Adding to the mystique is the fact that you can project him either to G or T, meaning that along with Simmons (C or G), Mahan (C or G) and Colon (G or T) the Steelers would be able to do a lot of shuffling in order to find a line that works.
I had you tagged for McGlynn all the way here.
Good call by you, then. He and Cousins were two other guys I was looking at all along, but they both went within 4-5 picks before I was up.
That makes me feel a little better since I traded ahead of you specifically in fear of not getting McGlynn, who was the guy I wanted in Green Bay badly.

There's a trade proposal between Kirby and Keys that I'm confirming.

Keys is wandering around the pool. I hope he shows up soon.
Oakland trades the 2.07 and Oakland's 4th round pick for the 2.01.Oakland selects:

Felix Jones, RB, Arkansas

Oakland has a good running game right now, but putrid backs to run with it. Felix is great at sneaking through holes and making stuff happen. I'm a Mizzou fan, and although it was only one game, I thought Jones looked as good as any college runner I've seen.

Yes, including that other Arkansas back.

Defense and rushing. That's going to be Raider football for a while.

Oakland is done with this mock draft now.
Well done! :thumbup: I can only hope we get those 2 players without trading up and losing another reasonably high pick in the process.

Can we get a pick for Chicago then. I've got to run.
Chicago - Lavelle Hawkins, WR - CalHad a great senior year for Cal - outplaying his flashier counterpart. And had a stellar Senior Bowl week. If Berrian leaves, the Bears have a dire need for a WR and between he and one other guy, this is a steal this late in the draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seattle with the 91st pick selects

Roy Schuening OG OSU

It was either Benedict or Roy Schuening (or Dre Moore), who I thought would be off the board by now and probably would be the Seahawks' pick. Scheuning is a solid, unspectacular, well-rounded G prospect who could step in relatively quickly to replace Hutchinson Schuening knows how to block for Stewart and while not an ideal athlete he's productive and nasty.

Props to Evil Grin. Thought the trade down was going to blow up in my face.

Seahawk draft

Jonathon Stewart RB OU

John Carlson TE ND

Roy Schuening OG OSU

Plus extra 5th rounder from the Pack.

As the newest Packer fan to the boards I'd love to hear what other Pack fans think of my draft here.

Included a trade down from #30 to #35, adding #69 from Atlanta after all of the top tier DE's and CB's were taken. Later traded up in the 3rd round sending our 3rd and 5th to Seattle for their 3rd.

#35 - Erin Henderson, OLB, Maryland - (Not a need but an upgrade over Poppinga imo)

#60 - Thomas DeCoud, S, Cal - (Upgrade at the position with a good size, big hitting guy who can play SS/FS or even CB in a pinch. Also, an excellent special teams guy.)

#69 - Trevor Laws, DT, Notre Dame - (Quick, non-stop motor, hard-working, high production guy who actually played DE in 2007)

#86 - Mike McGlynn, OG/OT, Pitt - (Versatility the key here. Can play all 5 spots on the OL. Projected as an OG in the pros but can fill in for injuries if/when the line takes some hits.)

Wanted a stud DE or CB but they were gone. Did my best to fill needs and add upgrades.

Opinions? Rants? Stone/rock throwing?

:goodposting:

Roy Schuening OG OSU

It was either Benedict or Roy Schuening (or Dre Moore), who I thought would be off the board by now and probably would be the Seahawks' pick. Scheuning is a solid, unspectacular, well-rounded G prospect who could step in relatively quickly to replace Hutchinson Schuening knows how to block for Stewart and while not an ideal athlete he's productive and nasty.

Seahawk draft

Jonathon Stewart RB OSU

John Carlson TE ND

Roy Schuening OG OSU

Stewart was a RB at Oregon.

With the 92nd pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select:

Terrell Thomas - CB USC

Dallas gave strong consideration to safety Marcus Griffin and also had their eye on Schuening. Thomas was under consideration at 61. When a player drops an entire round, you don't pass on him again.

Ultimately, though, Dallas needs to shore up its CB spot. As good as Griffin is, I don't think he's good enough to replace Roy Williams. So another corner, another guy who can compete for the nickle spot and fill in for the likely injuries that go along with 30+ year old starters, led to this choice.

Roy Schuening OG OSU

Seahawk draft

Jonathon Stewart RB OSU

John Carlson TE ND

Roy Schuening OG OSU

Stewart was a RB at Oregon.
Ooops. Guess he'll get to know quickly how to block for him. :hophead: It's been a long draft.

With the 92nd pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select:Terrell Thomas - CB USCDallas gave strong consideration to safety Marcus Griffin and also had their eye on Schuening. Thomas was under consideration at 61. When a player drops an entire round, you don't pass on him again.Ultimately, though, Dallas needs to shore up its CB spot. As good as Griffin is, I don't think he's good enough to replace Roy Williams. So another corner, another guy who can compete for the nickle spot and fill in for the likely injuries that go along with 30+ year old starters, led to this choice.
Value!!!11one :hophead:

The Cowboys' draft:

Rashard Mendenhall - RB

Mario Manningham - WR

Trae Williams - CB

Terrell Thomas - CB

Chicago's 2009 #1 pick

The major needs generally met. Elite prospects at RB and WR, secondary needs of the Cowboys. Two solid picks for the primary need, CB. And capturing a #1 for next year. I'd be pretty happy with this.

Thoughts?

The Cowboys' draft:Rashard Mendenhall - RBMario Manningham - WRTrae Williams - CBTerrell Thomas - CBChicago's 2009 #1 pickThe major needs generally met. Elite prospects at RB and WR, secondary needs of the Cowboys. Two solid picks for the primary need, CB. And capturing a #1 for next year. I'd be pretty happy with this.Thoughts?
Looks good on paper. I think the progress of the CB's and whether they pan out quickly will be the key to your draft. It really worked in your favor that this draft was Uber deep in CB's. Nice job from a Giants fan.

Looks good on paper. I think the progress of the CB's and whether they pan out quickly will be the key to your draft. It really worked in your favor that this draft was Uber deep in CB's. Nice job from a Giants fan.
Those were generally my thoughts as well. The key will be how quickly the rookie CBs might play. Thats a big reason why I double dipped at that spot. To improve the odds of getting production.

As the newest Packer fan to the boards I'd love to hear what other Pack fans think of my draft here.Included a trade down from #30 to #35, adding #69 from Atlanta after all of the top tier DE's and CB's were taken. Later traded up in the 3rd round sending our 3rd and 5th to Seattle for their 3rd. #35 - Erin Henderson, OLB, Maryland - (Not a need but an upgrade over Poppinga imo)#60 - Thomas DeCoud, S, Cal - (Upgrade at the position with a good size, big hitting guy who can play SS/FS or even CB in a pinch. Also, an excellent special teams guy.)#69 - Trevor Laws, DT, Notre Dame - (Quick, non-stop motor, hard-working, high production guy who actually played DE in 2007)#86 - Mike McGlynn, OG/OT, Pitt - (Versatility the key here. Can play all 5 spots on the OL. Projected as an OG in the pros but can fill in for injuries if/when the line takes some hits.)Wanted a stud DE or CB but they were gone. Did my best to fill needs and add upgrades.Opinions? Rants? Stone/rock throwing? :shrug:
Others will no doubt chime in, and I've given you my thoughts as you've gone along, but again, first rate job. The only place I could see where someone could say you weren't emulating TT would be in the trading up, because the man has never done it, either with the Seahawks or the Packers. However, being an overtime interception away from the Super Bowl may convince him he can take a few chances and try to get a tad bit more 'need specific' (though I doubt it) to put his team over the top. I also wouldn't be surpised to see Thompson address a few more things in FA than last off-season, like the depth at DE with someone like LaBoy from TEN. But these are quibles. For someone who literally joined the forum yesterday, just an outstanding job.

Patriots - Earl Bennett, WR - Vanderbilt

They'll likely lose Stallworth and Moss won't be around forever. And I'll admit - I wanted Bennett to sneak into the first three rounds.

Giants - Geno Hayes, LB - Florida St.

They already drafted one linebacker, but this adds even more depth. He may even line up as a strong safety. Gamma1210 wanted a safety or a linebacker and I didn't see any safeties I liked here.

Can we get a pick for Chicago then. I've got to run.
Chicago - Lavelle Hawkins, WR - CalHad a great senior year for Cal - outplaying his flashier counterpart. And had a stellar Senior Bowl week. If Berrian leaves, the Bears have a dire need for a WR and between he and one other guy, this is a steal this late in the draft.
Thanks I guess. I never got a PM and this thing was moving a lot faster than I expected. Same pick I would have made though, so good e'nuff.

Andy et. al. This was fun and educational. I'll be watching the draft with a little different perspective this year. I think we did a pretty realistic facsimile of the real thing. It'll be interesting to match this up with the real draft.

Thanks I guess. I never got a PM and this thing was moving a lot faster than I expected.

Same pick I would have made though, so good e'nuff.
Sorry about that. We saw your name down below for a good amount of time when the picks before yours were made. I guess I assumed you saw that you were up.

By Team:

Code:
16	Arizona	Aqib	Talib,	CB	Kansas			50	Arizona	Jamaal	Charles,	RB	Texas			81	Arizona	Bruce	Davis	DE/OLB	UCLA			5	Atlanta	Darren	McFadden,	RB	Arkansas			30	Atlanta	Brandon	Albert,	G/T	Virginia			34	Atlanta	Pat	Sims,	DT,	Auburn			8	Baltimore	Matt	Ryan,	QB	Boston	College		38	Baltimore	Tracy	Porter,	CB	Indiana			11	Buffalo	Mike	Jenkins,	CB	U	of	South	Florida41	Buffalo	Devin	Thomas,	WR	Michigan	St		71	Buffalo	DeMario	Pressley,DE	-	North	Carolina	State	72	Buffalo	Martin	Rucker,	TE	Missouri			13	Carolina	Chris	Williams,	OT	Vanderbilt			43	Carolina	James	Hardy,	WR	Indiana			74	Carolina	Matt	Forte,	RB	Tulane			14	Chicago	Jeff	Otah,	OT	Pitt			22	Chicago	Brian	Brohm,	QB	Louisville	75	Chicago	Jonathan	Hefney,	FS,	Tennessee	90	Chicago	Lavelle	Hawkins,	WR	Cal	9	Cincinnati	Keith	Rivers,	LB	U.S.C.	46	Cincinnati	Fred	Davis,	TE	U.S.C.	77	Cincinnati	Letroy	Guion,	DT,	Florida	State56	Cleveland	Cliff	Avril,	DE/OLB,	Purdue	87	Cleveland	Marcus	Harrison,	DT	Arkansas	28	Dallas	Rashard	Mendenhall,	RB	Illinois	44	Dallas	Mario	Manningham,	WR	Michigan	61	Dallas	Trae	WIlliams,	CB	South	Florida92	Dallas	Terrell	Thomas	CB	USC	12	Denver	Ryan	Clady,	OT	Boise	St.42	Denver	Philip	Wheeler,	LB	Georgia	Tech89	Denver	Dre	Moore,	DT	Maryland	15	Detroit	Derrick	Harvey,	DE	Florida	45	Detroit	Curtis	Lofton,	ILB	Oklahoma	76	Detroit	DeJuan	Tribble,	CB	Boston	College35	Green Bay	Erin	Henderson,	OLB,	Maryland	60	Green Bay	Thomas	DeCoud,	S	Cal.	69	Green Bay	Trevor	Laws,	DT,	Notre	Dame86	Green Bay	Mike	McGlynn,	OG/OT	Pittsburgh	18	Houston	Dominique	Rodgers-Cromartie,	CB	Tennessee	State79	Houston	Kevin	Smith,	RB	Central	Florida59	Indianapolis	Xavier	Adibi,	OLB	Virginia	93	Indianapolis	Jason	Jones,	DE	Eastern	Michigan26	Jacksonville	Kentwan	Balmer,	DT	North	Carolina58	Jacksonville	Chris	Ellis,	DE	Virginia	Tech4	Kansas City	Jake	Long,	OT	Michigan	48	Kansas City	Pat	Lee,	CB	Auburn	66	Kansas City	Carl	Nicks,	OT,	Nebraska	1	Miami	Chris	Long,	DE	Virginia	37	Miami	Chad	Henne	QB	Michigan	57	Miami	Justin	King,	CB	Penn	St64	Miami	Anthony	Collins,	OT	Kansas	73	Miami	Red	Bryant	NT	Texas	A&M17	Minnesota	Reggie	Smith,	S/CB	Oklahoma	47	Minnesota	Donnie	Avery,	WR	Houston	82	Minnesota	Joe	Flacco,	QB	Delaware	7	New England	Leodis	McKelvin,	CB	Troy	62	New England	Ali	Highsmith,	LB	L.S.U.	68	New England	Shawn	Crable	LB	Michigan	94	New England	Earl	Bennett,	WR	Vanderbilt	10	New Orleans	Kenny	Phillips,	S	Miami	(FL)40	New Orleans	Antoine	Cason,	CB	Arizona	78	New Orleans	Jerod	Mayo,	ILB	Tennessee	31	NYG	Brandon	Flowers,	CB	Virginia	Tech63	NYG	Tavares	Gooden,	LB	Miami	95	NYG	Geno	Hayes,	OLB	Florida	St.	6	NYJ	Sedrick	Ellis,	DT	U.S.C.		36	NYJ	Limas	Sweed,	WR	Tennessee		65	NYJ	Ray	Rice,	RB	Rutgers		67	NYJ	Chilo	Rachel,	G	U.S.C.		3	Oakland	Glenn	Dorsey,	DT	L.S.U.		32	Oakland	Felix	Jones,	RB	Arkansas		19	Philadelphia	Sam	Baker,	OT	U.S.C.		49	Philadelphia	DaJuan	Morgan	S	North	Carolina	St.80	Philadelphia	Adarius	Bowman,	WR	OSU		23	Pittsburgh	Gosder	Cherilus,	OT,	Boston	College	53	Pittsburgh	Lawrence	Jackson,	DE,	USC		88	Pittsburgh	Heath	Benedict,	OT,	Newberry		27	San Diego	Dan	Connor,	LB	Penn	State	29	San Fran	Quentin	Groves,	LB	Auburn		39	San Fran	Early	Doucet,	WR	L.S.U.		70	San Fran	Frank	Okam,	DT	Texas	25	Seattle	Jonathan	Stewart,	RB	Oregon	55	Seattle	John	Carlson	TE	Notre	Dame91	Seattle	Roy	Schuening,	OG	Oregon	St.2	St. Louis	Vernon	Gholston	DE	Ohio	St.33	St. Louis	Malcolm	Kelly,	WR	Oklahoma	20	Tampa Bay	DeSean	Jackson,	WR	Cal	52	Tampa Bay	Andre	Woodson,QB	-	Kentucky	83	Tampa Bay	Oneil	Cousins,	OT	UTEP	24	Tennessee	Philip	Merling,	DE,	Clemson	54	Tennessee	Andre	Caldwell,	WR,	Florida	85	Tennessee	Martellus	Bennett,	TE	Texas	A&M21	Washington	Calais	Campbell	DE	Miami	(FL)51	Washington	Charles	Godfrey,	CB	Iowa	84	Washington	DJ	Hall,	WR	Alabama

Hard to get it formatted correctly.

Arizona

16. Aqib Talib, CB - Kansas

50. Jamaal Charles, RB - Texas

81. Bruce Davis DE/OLB - UCLA

Atlanta

5. Darren McFadden, RB - Arkansas

30. Brandon Albert, G/T - Virginia

34. Pat Sims, DT, - Auburn

Baltimore

8. Matt Ryan, QB - Boston College

38. Tracy Porter, CB - Indiana

Buffalo

11. Mike Jenkins, CB - U of South Florida

41. Devin Thomas, WR - Michigan St

71. DeMario Pressley,DE - North Carolina State

72. Martin Rucker, TE - Missouri

Carolina

13. Chris Williams, OT - Vanderbilt

43. James Hardy, WR - Indiana

74. Matt Forte, RB - Tulane

Chicago

14. Jeff Otah, OT - Pitt

22. Brian Brohm, QB - Louisville

75. Jonathan Hefney, FS - Tennessee

90. Lavelle Hawkins, WR - Cal

Cincinnati

9. Keith Rivers, LB - U.S.C.

46. Fred Davis, TE - U.S.C.

77. Letroy Guion, DT - Florida State

Cleveland

56. Cliff Avril, DE/OLB - Purdue

87. Marcus Harrison, DT - Arkansas

Dallas

28. Rashard Mendenhall, RB - Illinois

44. Mario Manningham, WR - Michigan

61. Trae WIlliams, CB - South Florida

92. Terrell Thomas - CB USC

Denver

12. Ryan Clady, OT - Boise St

42. Philip Wheeler, LB - Georgia Tech

89. Dre Moore, DT - Maryland

Detroit

15. Derrick Harvey, DE - Florida

45. Curtis Lofton, ILB - Oklahoma

76. DeJuan Tribble, CB - Boston College

Green Bay

35. Erin Henderson, OLB, Maryland

60. Thomas DeCoud, S - Cal

69. Trevor Laws, DT - Notre Dame

86. Mike McGlynn, OG/OT - Pittsburgh

Houston

18. Dominique Rodgers - Cromartie, CB - Tennessee State

79. Kevin Smith, RB - Central Florida

Indianapolis

59. Xavier Adibi, OLB - Virginia

93. Jason Jones, DE - Eastern Michigan

Jacksonville

26. Kentwan Balmer, DT - North Carolina

58. Chris Ellis, DE - Virginia Tech

Kansas City

4. Jake Long, OT - Michigan

48. Pat Lee, CB - Auburn

66. Carl Nicks, OT, Nebraska

Miami

1. Chris Long, DE - Virginia

37. Chad Henne - QB - Michigan

57. Justin King, CB - Penn St

64. Anthony Collins, OT - Kansas

73. Joseph Red Bryant - NT - Texas A&M

Minnesota.

17. Reggie Smith, S/CB - Oklahoma

47. Donnie Avery, WR - Houston

82. Joe Flacco, QB - Delaware

NY Giants.

31. Brandon Flowers, CB - Virginia Tech

63. Tavares Gooden, LB - Miami

95. Geno Hayes, OLB - Florida St

New England

7. Leodis McKelvin, CB - Troy

62. Ali Highsmith, LB - L.S.U

68. Shawn Crable , LB - Michigan 94. Earl Bennett, WR - Vanderbilt

New Orleans

10. Kenny Phillips, S - Miami (FL)

40. Antoine Cason, CB - Arizona

78. Jerod Mayo, ILB - Tennessee

New York Jets

6. Sedrick Ellis, DT - U.S.C.

36. Limas Sweed, WR - Tennessee

65. Ray Rice, RB - Rutgers

67. Chilo Rachel, G - U.S.C.

Oakland

3. Glenn Dorsey, DT - L.S.U.

32. Felix Jones, RB - Arkansas

Philadelphia

19. Sam Baker, OT - U.S.C.

49. DaJuan Morgan S North Carolina St

80. Adarius Bowman, WR OSU

Pittsburgh

23. Gosder Cherilus, OT, - Boston College

53Lawrence Jackson, DE, USC

88. Heath Benedict, OT, Newberry

San Diego

27. Dan Connor, LB - Penn State

29. Quentin Groves, LB – Auburn

39. Early Doucet, WR - L.S.U.

70. Frank Okam, DT - Texas

Seattle

25. Jonathan Stewart, RB – Oregon

55. John Carlson TE Notre Dame

91. Roy Schuening, OG - Oregon St

St - Louis

2. Vernon Gholston , DE - Ohio St

33. Malcolm Kelly, WR - Oklahoma

Tampa Bay

20. DeSean Jackson, WR – Cal

52. Andre Woodson,QB – Kentucky

83. Oneil Cousins, OT - UTEP

Tennessee

24. Philip Merling, DE, - Clemson

54. Andre Caldwell, WR, Florida

85. Martellus Bennett, TE - Texas A&M

Washington

21. Calais Campbell DE Miami (FL)

51. Charles Godfrey, CB – Iowa

84. DJ Hall, WR - Alabama

Andy Dufresne said:
Patriots - Earl Bennett, WR - VanderbiltThey'll likely lose Stallworth and Moss won't be around forever. And I'll admit - I wanted Bennett to sneak into the first three rounds.
I like Bennett a lot as he was super productive against great competition on a bad Vandy team............ .................. but do not think the Pats will go WR this early because of investing in Chad Jackson already.I will add who I would have picked as well as the draft recap for New England tomottow am.... got V Day plans going on.

Andy Dufresne said:
FUBAR said:
Thanks I guess. I never got a PM and this thing was moving a lot faster than I expected.

Sorry about that. We saw your name down below for a good amount of time when the picks before yours were made. I guess I assumed you saw that you were up.
No big deal, I didn't realize I still had that window open, that's what I get for having multiple windows open. :bye: Good pick anyway.

Andy Dufresne said:
Patriots - Earl Bennett, WR - VanderbiltThey'll likely lose Stallworth and Moss won't be around forever. And I'll admit - I wanted Bennett to sneak into the first three rounds.
I like Bennett a lot as he was super productive against great competition on a bad Vandy team............ .................. but do not think the Pats will go WR this early because of investing in Chad Jackson already.I will add who I would have picked as well as the draft recap for New England tomottow am.... got V Day plans going on.
I thought about Jackson, but even so, they're not bringing back either of Stallworth or Washigton, right? Gaffney's not long for the roster either.

Andy Dufresne said:
FUBAR said:

No big deal, I didn't realize I still had that window open, that's what I get for having multiple windows open. :bag: Good pick anyway.
If we can do what you pulled off in this draft I'll be very happy :wub:

Andy Dufresne said:
Minnesota. 17. Reggie Smith, S/CB - Oklahoma 47. Donnie Avery, WR - Houston 82. Joe Flacco, QB - Delaware
Would be happy with this + the trade of 3rd rounder for Jason Taylor. The four biggest needs for the Vikings this offseason IMO: DE, WR, S, FBThis draft would help 3 of them if you include Taylor. Plus, Flacco would be a top 10 pick if he played for a big school. Obviously development will take longer, but is a great backup plan if Tarvaris doesn't become the QB of the future.

To me, the questions are1. Did you improve your team? (almost always yes)2. Did you get players that fit in well with your scheme (or your plan to change the scheme)?3. Did you address needs?4. Did you leave more pressing needs uncovered? 5. Did you get BPA?6. did you come in with a plan and execute that plan?

Andy Dufresne said:
Chicago14. Jeff Otah, OT - Pitt22. Brian Brohm, QB - Louisville75. Jonathan Hefney, FS - Tennessee90. Lavelle Hawkins, WR - Cal
1. Yep2. I think so. Otah is a brawler and will help protect a young QB or maybe keep Rex in games. Brohm should be the future of the franchise. Hefney fits in the D well, and Hawkins provides a good WR2. 3. Resounding Check4. Possibly; we need improved corners, but the value wasn't there. Could also use a RB, but I think Benson, Peterson and Wolfe can suffice. May go after Turner anyway.5. I think so.6. Franchise QB, strong OT, good WR, improved D - yesI'm saying B+, only because we also spent a 09 1st.

Miami

1. Chris Long, DE - Virginia Needed another DE for the 3-4... no one else at the top of the draft fit the scheme. + he's a stud.

37. Chad Henne - QB - Michigan Beck isn't the guy, need to get someone that had the tools. I miss Marino.

57. Justin King, CB - Penn St I doubt he'll be here after the combine. We need a corner in the worst way and he could be special with some coaching.

64. Anthony Collins, OT - Kansas Going to be a great LT after some grooming... out O line is horrible.

73. Joseph Red Bryant - NT - Texas A&M Massive NT for the 3-4... doubt he'll be available at this spot.

It was easy to fill needs because we have them almost everywhere. I think I got steals with the last two picks. Definately need some LB help too, but you only have so many draft picks. I'm guessing that they'll fill WR and S needs through FA.

Andy Dufresne said:
I thought about Jackson, but even so, they're not bringing back either of Stallworth or Washigton, right? Gaffney's not long for the roster either.
I can't believe Bennett lasted this long. He will not come close to falling out of the 3rd round in the real draft.

Andy Dufresne said:
I can't believe Bennett lasted this long. He will not come close to falling out of the 3rd round in the real draft.
What receivers do you slot him over? There seem to be a lot of choices and not everyone is going WR in the first 3 rounds.

Ridgelake said:
The Cowboys' draft:Rashard Mendenhall - RBMario Manningham - WRTrae Williams - CBTerrell Thomas - CBChicago's 2009 #1 pickThe major needs generally met. Elite prospects at RB and WR, secondary needs of the Cowboys. Two solid picks for the primary need, CB. And capturing a #1 for next year. I'd be pretty happy with this.Thoughts?
Great Job. This draft seems to good to be true. You filled major holes and at the same time provided an additional first round pick for 2009. With this draft Dallas would not have had to sign any free agents and would have money to sign Flozell to a 4-5 year deal and re-sign Hamlin to a long term deal and also redo contracts of Newman and Ware. You figure that one of the two CB's drafted would be able to play effectively in 2008 and if not you could move up in next years draft to secure Malcom Jenkins from OSU.

Ridgelake said:
Great Job. This draft seems to good to be true. You filled major holes and at the same time provided an additional first round pick for 2009. With this draft Dallas would not have had to sign any free agents and would have money to sign Flozell to a 4-5 year deal and re-sign Hamlin to a long term deal and also redo contracts of Newman and Ware. You figure that one of the two CB's drafted would be able to play effectively in 2008 and if not you could move up in next years draft to secure Malcom Jenkins from OSU.
Dallas should do very well in this draft. The drafts strengths match Dallas' needs. WR, CB and RB are very deep in 2008. Having 2 first rounders to leverage if handled correctly like Ridge did should net them some great returns.

scrumptrulescent said:
As the newest Packer fan to the boards I'd love to hear what other Pack fans think of my draft here.Included a trade down from #30 to #35, adding #69 from Atlanta after all of the top tier DE's and CB's were taken. Later traded up in the 3rd round sending our 3rd and 5th to Seattle for their 3rd. #35 - Erin Henderson, OLB, Maryland - (Not a need but an upgrade over Poppinga imo)#60 - Thomas DeCoud, S, Cal - (Upgrade at the position with a good size, big hitting guy who can play SS/FS or even CB in a pinch. Also, an excellent special teams guy.)#69 - Trevor Laws, DT, Notre Dame - (Quick, non-stop motor, hard-working, high production guy who actually played DE in 2007)#86 - Mike McGlynn, OG/OT, Pitt - (Versatility the key here. Can play all 5 spots on the OL. Projected as an OG in the pros but can fill in for injuries if/when the line takes some hits.)Wanted a stud DE or CB but they were gone. Did my best to fill needs and add upgrades.Opinions? Rants? Stone/rock throwing? ;)
I really liked the trade you made. Moving down 5 spots and picking up an early 3rd was a great move. With pick #35 I might have gone with Antoine Cason since I see it as a bigger need. Henderson isn't a bad pick though. I liked the DeCoud pick at #60. DB depth/ST player is always nice, and he has the talent to work his way into a starting S role. I'm not a big fan of Trevor Laws, but I also haven't spent much time looking into the DTs yet. It is nice to have solid depth at the DL positions. I might have considered Martin Rucker there. I'll never argue with OL guys so the McGlynn pick works for me.

Users who are viewing this thread