What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sharknado3-Oh Hell No! debuts Wed.July 22nd/9pm (1 Viewer)

:lmao: @ Danger Gurrero

But my favorite part of the call, by a long shot, and this is both a spoiler and something I am going to have to switch to caps lock for, is that there is apparently a scene in this movie WHERE IAN ZIERING CUTS HIMSELF OUT OF A SHARK’S STOMACH WITH A CHAINSAW. WITH. A. CHAINSAW. THIS MEANS THAT EITHER (A) IAN ZIERING GETS SWALLOWED WHOLE BY A GREAT WHITE SHARK WHILE HOLDING A CHAINSAW, (B) IAN ZIERING GETS SWALLOWED WHOLE BY A GREAT WHITE SHARK AND FINDS A WORKING CHAINSAW IN ITS STOMACH, OR © IAN ZIERING GETS SWALLOWED WHOLE BY A GREAT WHITE SHARK AND THEN SOMEONE FEEDS THE SHARK A CHAINSAW SO HE CAN FREE HIMSELF. ANY OF THOSE OPTIONS ARE FINE BY ME.Read more: http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/07/highlights-from-the-conference-call-with-tara-reid-and-the-director-of-sharknado/#ixzz2Yg63MdKC
Ah, but the real miracle was that the girl who fell out of the chopper into the same shark's mouth earlier was still alive! And she didn't get nicked when he started up the chain saw in the shark's belly.

Gives added credibility to the story of Jonah and the great fish, IMO.

What a roller coaster ride! Well done, SyFy! You bring a tear to our eye when we lose our buxom barmaid, only to have her return at the hero's hands, and chainsaw. M. Night must be ghost writing for you now.

I think we need to thank SyFy for teaching us all how to stop these killer tornadoes. Take a small 2 person helicopter, fly right up to the edge of the tornado, hover there, and drop a small propane tank with a flare and a smoke detector taped to the side of it. When the small bomb goes off it will stop the tornado.

Thank you SyFy.

What a roller coaster ride! Well done, SyFy! You bring a tear to our eye when we lose our buxom barmaid, only to have her return at the hero's hands, and chainsaw. M. Night must be ghost writing for you now.
It was all I expected and then some.

I was rolling on the floor laughing at the ending and had to watch it several times to make sure I saw what I did.The girl falling out the chopper right into the sharks mouth who we all think is dead for sure ends up coming out alive after our hero(Steve Sanders)chainsaws his way out of the same shark who just so happened to eat him on the fly as well.

Well done indeed!!

We ended up doing a triple feature last night... Swamp Shark, Sharknado, and 2-Headed Shark Attack. :banned:

Head hurts today. :hangover:

We ended up doing a triple feature last night... Swamp Shark, Sharknado, and 2-Headed Shark Attack. :banned:

Saw just a small amount of 2-Headed last night. The biggest problem with that one was the hottest chick got eaten way too early. You knew it was all down hill from there. Big mistake for the genre.

I started watching by myself which was not very fun but my wife got home around 9:15 and says 'What are you watching?' I tell her and right then a shark flies through the air. She sits down and we finished the movie together.

These types of campy movies are really only tolerable to me if you have someone to react to it with you.

Saw just a small amount of 2-Headed last night. The biggest problem with that one was the hottest chick got eaten way too early. You knew it was all down hill from there. Big mistake for the genre.
Which one was hottest? There were several contenders.

(none of whom were named Brooke Hogan)

Which one was hottest? There were several contenders.

(none of whom were named Brooke Hogan)
Big guns, got chomped making out with the other chick and the dude. Though her partner was a likely candidate as well.

A screenplay with the depth and nuance you'd expect from a wordsmith like "Thunder Levin."

Old lady (pointing to chopper): Who's that?

Fin: That's my son.

Old lady: You must be so proud.

I admittedly didn't pay much attention at the beginning. Did they ever explain the massive migration of sharks to the California coast? Was it tied into the nefarious shark fin soup racket we were shown at the beginning?

Didn't read the thread as I didn't want to read spoilers, but has anyone addressed if SyFy is reairing Sharknado? A quick Google search said something about August 22nd, but that seems a long ways out and I'd think that SyFy would want to capture more viewers while this is somewhat heavily in the news. Anyone?

I admittedly didn't pay much attention at the beginning. Did they ever explain the massive migration of sharks to the California coast? Was it tied into the nefarious shark fin soup racket we were shown at the beginning?
The hurricane blew them all up from Mexico.

The New Yorker weighs in:

It is far from the point, however, that “Sharknado” is not a good movie. It cost less than two million dollars, and was made by a studio famous for such titles as “Snakes on a Train” (train, not plane) and “Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus.” The producers might have taken a cue from Mariah Carey’s recent single and added a hashtag symbol to the front of the title, since “Sharknado” was hardly a movie at all, but instead a minor phenomenon that owed its existence and success to Twitter. This week, thanks to summer boredom and the release of a short trailer that gave away all the movie’s goofy-gory highlights, #SharkNado became a trending topic, and “Sharknado” became appointment viewing. This was enough to astonish or dismay some people, who pointed to the movie’s popularity as a further sign of the apocalypse. Maybe so: perhaps historians looking to sort out the first decade of the Twitter era will point to mid-July, 2013, as the moment when Americans united to watch the country’s worst-ever movie, and the flickering flame of national culture was finally snuffed out.Probably not, though. There is a durable history of people getting together to watch famously bad movies: “Plan 9 from Outer Space,” “The Room,” “Gigli,” “Snakes on a Plane.” For years, people have assembled, schooled on the style of “Mystery Science Theater 3000,” to trade barbs and one-liners, and to make movie night a forum for stand-up comedy in the dark. Now, people do it on Twitter, to a wider audience. The shared fun of “Sharknado” on Thursday night was a reminder of the lingering power of live television. We were all in it together—laughing, cringing, absently checking our e-mail and wondering if we’d miss those two hours later in life. Then, in the end, Fin goes head-first into an approaching great white shark and comes out redeemed on the other side. And with that, it was over. California was safe. We were safe. And then “2-Headed Shark Attack” came on.

Ok, if I'm paying for this "entertainment", then I want a refund, and if not, I want a refund anyway. How do the sharks breathe when they're not in water? Unless they manage to get flung right at someone, they're not really going to be doing any damage.
water spout?
Still mostly air, not to mention a pretty considerable pressure differential between underwater and in a tornado.

The whole thing just sounds particularly stupid to me, even for Syfy.
says the man whose alias is an alien baby launched from a dying planet to land on earth with super powers....

I think we need to thank SyFy for teaching us all how to stop these killer tornadoes. Take a small 2 person helicopter, fly right up to the edge of the tornado, hover there, and drop a small propane tank with a flare and a smoke detector taped to the side of it. When the small bomb goes off it will stop the tornado.

Thank you SyFy.
:takingnotes:

/Reed Timmer

How about the sequel to be set in a County Fair. Instead of Sharks in Funnel Clouds

Sharks in Funnel Cakes
Nah, if you are going County Fair, there is only one way to go. Hillbilly zombies. Anything else just wouldn't make sense.

I made perhaps the third-biggest mistake of my life last night when I opted to watch a baseball instead of Sharknado ... and didn't even set the DVR.

If you chose as poorly as I did last night, note that Sharknado will air again next Thursday at 7 PM, according to the Syfy website. Not sure if it is available on demand.

OMG!

I just saw the full trailer :eek:
OK, I'm late to the party and I didn't watch the movie but watched the full trailer...

"We're gonna need a bigger chopper!" :lmao:
My wife, who clearly has no joy left in her heart, loudly and defiantly denounced every attempt to "rip off" (her words) Jaws.

I tried to explain to her that it was homage, but that gets harder when the stripper is chucking road flares into tornadoes.

I made perhaps the third-biggest mistake of my life last night when I opted to watch a baseball instead of Sharknado ... and didn't even set the DVR.

If you chose as poorly as I did last night, note that Sharknado will air again next Thursday at 7 PM, according to the Syfy website. Not sure if it is available on demand.
I honestly can't imagine 2 bigger mistakes than that in a lifetime :shrug:

I honestly can't imagine 2 bigger mistakes than that in a lifetime :shrug:
Once I dropped acid when I was starting to get a cold, then hung out in a house with a bunch of cats in it (I'm allergic).

The next 12 hours did NOT go well.

Our prayers have been answered:

@darrenrovellSyFy's Michael Engleman to @CNBC on sequel: "If I'm a betting man, I think there will be a '2' after Sharknado fairly soon.
I bet they can get Johnathon Frakes for that one
He could play the rival surfer to Steve Sanders, while in their prime. They are both vacationing on an unnamed tropical island, unbeknownst to the other. They see each other at a beachside bar where tough words are exchanged. Just when you think blows will be exchanged, a strong hurricane wind picks up. After a moment's silence, a hammerhead shark is thrown through the window, tearing a patron to shreds. In the mad rush to get out of there, Steve finds his car won't start. Riker's dune buggy, however, is ready to go. After impaling a few sharks with tiki torches, they both tear out of there in the buggy, beginning an epic journey of enemies turned friends, and scantily clad women running to and fro while being chased by sharks and, new to the franchise, flying barracuda and squid.

Users who are viewing this thread