What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sharknado3-Oh Hell No! debuts Wed.July 22nd/9pm (1 Viewer)

Sequel has been announced.

Title: Sharknado 2: The Second One
More

Syfy is bringing back Sharknado stars Ian Ziering and Tara Reid for the New York-set sequel.

This marks the first casting announcement on Sharknado 2: The Second One, which is slated to premiere in July on the NBCUniversal-owned cabler. :headbang:
Ziering and Reid will reprise their roles as Fin and April.

Anthony Ferrante will also return to direct the sequel from a screenplay by Thunder Levin, who also penned the 2013 original telepic that made a splash on social media.

In Sharknado 2, a freak weather system turns its deadly fury on New York City, unleashing a "sharknado" on the city's population and its most iconic sites, with Fin and April the only ones able to save the city.

"Sharknado was an extraordinary 'perfect storm' which captured the attention of movie fans across the globe. You couldn't go anywhere without hearing about Sharknado! By reassembling the creative team -- and dropping sharks onto New York's iconic sites -- we're unleashing yet another 'fin' wave of shark-mania," said Thomas Vitale, executive vp programming and original movies.

"We're thrilled to be able to bring back the talent that made Sharknado a hit. Can lightning strike twice?" asked Asylum COO Paul Bales. "I don't know, but it's a scientific fact that you're more likely to be killed by lightning than by a shark. This film will have lightning and sharks, so that's got to count for something."

It is unclear whether other original castmembers such as Cassie Scerbo will return for the small-screen sequel. Additional castings are expected to be announced prior to filming. In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter last summer, Scerbo expressed interest in reprising her role of Nova, saying "I would definitely do a sequel."

Production on the follow-up begins in New York on Feb. 13.

The team has also enlisted Mike Fenton and Ann Frederick to oversee cameo casting.

Syfy announced the Sharknado sequel July 17, days after the initial installment dominated social media. The two-hour movie delivered 1.4 million total viewers to its premiere telecast, with an encore airing trumping that with 2.1 million viewers.

Syfy has since capitalized on the Sharknado surge, creating merchandise (such as T-shirts) tied to the original movie, releasing the movie theatrically in early August and initiating a fan contest to determine the sequel's title.

Ziering is repped by Synergy Management. Reid is repped by Prestige Talent Agency.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/sharknado-2-ian-ziering-tara-675780

Last edited by a moderator:
Now you can be a part of Sharknado 2.

$45 - sponsor a shark: they'll name a shark after you!

$120 - scream like you mean it: Record yourself screaming, and they'll put it in the movie!

$1200 - name in the credits!

:lmao:

Found some more info on the broadcast date and cast as well as plans for Sharknado 3.

Sharknado 2: The Second One is slated to premiere on Syfy on July 31, but the network has already commissioned a third film in the series.

There is no cast line-up set for the next movie yet, but Ad Week reports that Sharknado 3 will air in the summer of 2015.

Sharknado 2: The Second One will see the action move from Los Angeles to New York as Reid and Ziering reprise their roles of April and Fin.

Joining the cast will be Vivica A Fox, Kelly Osbourne, Billy Ray Cyrus, Al Roker and Matt Lauer.

SyFy running an impressive parade of awesome shark movies this week.
I spent my nights this weekend watching them as My 7 year old daughter is infatuated with awful shark flicks... if they were not so poorly done, she would be scared for life.

SyFy running an impressive parade of awesome shark movies this week.
I spent my nights this weekend watching them as My 7 year old daughter is infatuated with awful shark flicks... if they were not so poorly done, she would be scared for life.
They are an event for my 17 yr old daughter and I to watch. I am fairly certain we have seen them all. Shartopus is a runaway favorite, though Dinocroc vs Supergator is a close 2nd. "The Cajun" just makes that one amazing.

Sharknado2 Drinking Game:

1. Death from Sea- Whenever a human dies/is killed in this film, take a drink.
  2. Death from Land- Whenever a shark dies/is killed in this film, take a drink.
  3. Wind!- For every reference to the tornado or the “Storm”, take a drink.
  4. The Second One – For any callbacks/references to the original film, take a drink.
  5. SHARK!- Whenever shark is said in the movie, take a drink!
  • The Sharknado – Bonus Rule. Every time, Sharknado is said in the movie, take a shot!

It won't be the same, people. The first Sharknado is to the first couple of days Charlie Sheen's meltdown as Sharknado 2 is to Charlie Sheen going on tour.

:lmao: first time I've seen the female co-pilot since Half Baked (Jane), Rachel True.

Before I could even google that, flying sharks are hitting the plane and the engines at 30,000 feet.

:wub: SyFy

ETA: Ooof, quite the cameo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread