What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sizzler…just…wut (1 Viewer)

Hot Sauce Guy

Footballguy
So I haven’t been to a Sizzler since I was a kid, but there’s a metric buttload of snow in Flagstaff, so Sizzler it was.

Fortunately intuition served me well, and I ordered a burger. Speaking of which, when asked how I wanted it, I said medium. It was 1/4” thick and well done. Again, not trusting Sizzler, I ordered the bacon/BBQ burger. It was burnt, but it was burnt & tasty.

But that’s not the confusing part. The confusing part is that before my burger, the server brought me cheese toast.

Cheese. Toast.

Before a burger.

I’m so perplexed by this. Also, you’re damn right I ate a piece of cheese toast because damn that was good cheese toast. :doh:

But I was like, sad eating it because I didn’t want all that bread.

If they’re going to serve their food like that, Sizzler needs to serve beer, because I would have enjoyed that meal more if I had a buzz.

Fortunately there was a lovely dessert shop that served beer to go right across the street. I believe the name was Arco. I think it’s Italian.

So yeah - wth Sizzler.

/rant

Last edited:
So I haven’t been to a Sizzler since I was a kid, but there’s a metric buttload of snow in Flagstaff, so Sizzler it was.

Fortunately intuition served me well, and I ordered a burger. Speaking of which, when asked how I wanted it, I said medium. It was 1/4” thick and well done. Again, not trusting Sizzler, I ordered the bacon/BBQ burger. It was burnt, but it was burnt & tasty.

But that’s not the confusing part. The confusing part is that before my burger, the server brought me cheese toast.

Cheese. Toast.

Before a burger.

I’m so perplexed by this. Also, you’re damn right I ate a piece of cheese toast because damn that was good cheese toast. :doh:

But I was like, sad eating it because I didn’t want all that bread.

If they’re going to serve their food like that, Sizzler needs to serve beer, because I would have enjoyed that meal more if I had a buzz.

Fortunately there was a lovely desert shop that served beer to go right across the street. I believe the name was Arco. I think it’s Italian.

So yeah - wth Sizzler.

/rant
If only you knew somebody in flagstaff who knew where to go… but Sizzler? There’s like a dozen other restaurants within a block of there.

It’s also barely snowing. I’m in my hot tub right now.

It’s no Bonanza
Or even Ponderosa. Just think, a tv series so influential it had 2 cheap steakhouses named after it.
And an absolutely hilarious podcast.

Bonanza its the finest show alive
So consult your TV Guide
Get your great outdoors inside
Take some Ponderosa pride

Dalton has once again tricked incompetent publisher of books Russell Shine (Paul F. Tompkins) into appearing on the show, where Amy (Maria Bamford) pitches him on publishing "a Bible for gals." Then, they discuss episode 4 of Bonanza, "The Paiute War," in which guest star Jack Warden starts a war with a native tribe.

I use to go to Sizzler's a lot as a kid. It was a treat.

It was all about three things... that cheese toast, all you can eat fried shrimp and the salad bar. Coming from a middle to .... lower than middle class family I thought it was a 'nice' restaurant. I mean, not as fancy as Olive Garden but still nice.

As an aside.... my wife took her employees out to dinner once and they went to Red Lobster. My wife shows up dresses normally... her employees all showed up ALL done up. Their nicest dresses and jewelry and everything- they were horrified that my wife would be going to such a nice restaurant in normal casual clothing. We found it very cute and endearing. It is now an inside joke between my wife and I. Not making fun of them because I remember growing up thinking similar of Sizzler and Olive Garden. Now my snobby rear end has no interest in going to any of these places. It is funny how perspectives can be different and change.

I legit did not know they were still in business.

I don't understand why heavy snowfall is an occasion to visit Sizzler. Isn't having to wrestle with your snow-thrower punishment enough?
To his defense, the Sizzler is right off the highway and near several hotels (one of which he is presumably staying at). And, we have now gotten crushed with snow so it makes sense for him to not venture much. But, had he utilized Yelp or just looked around another block there were several better options. I will say though he must have chosen Sizzler over Del Taco and Olive Garden which are also right there in the same vicinity.

Last edited:
When I was a kid Sizzler was an amazing treat. For some reason I loved the salad bar. My salad plate would be two pieces of lettuce, bacon bits, croutons and about 2 cups of 1000 island.

Same. But you forgot the little ham cubes and chopped up boiled eggs. Those, and the ingredients above, we necessary to complete what was essentially a 1000 island soup.

When I was a kid Sizzler was an amazing treat. For some reason I loved the salad bar. My salad plate would be two pieces of lettuce, bacon bits, croutons and about 2 cups of 1000 island.

Same. But you forgot the little ham cubes and chopped up boiled eggs. Those, and the ingredients above, we necessary to complete what was essentially a 1000 island soup.
Ranch soup.

Cheese. Toast.

Before a burger.

Assuming the burger comes with a meh bun, what if you saved the cheese toast and replaced the bun with it? (disclosure: I have no idea if Sizzler cheese toast has the approprate shape to replace a bun)

Cheese. Toast.

Before a burger.

Assuming the burger comes with a meh bun, what if you saved the cheese toast and replaced the bun with it? (disclosure: I have no idea if Sizzler cheese toast has the approprate shape to replace a bun)
Alas, the cheese toast lacked the structural integrity to handle the burger, pickles, cheese, shredded onions & BBQ sauce.

It did occur to me. The transfer would have been difficult as well.

Wth is cheese toast?
I mean, the title is pretty descriptive...

So, you go in and sit down and they bring you toast with cheese on it?

Sounds great :oldunsure:
It’s more like toasted bread with melted Parmesan, similar to cheesy garlic bread without the garlic

Wth is cheese toast?
I mean, the title is pretty descriptive...

So, you go in and sit down and they bring you toast with cheese on it?

Sounds great :oldunsure:
It’s more like toasted bread with melted Parmesan, similar to cheesy garlic bread without the garlic

Well that looks downright delicious

Users who are viewing this thread