What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Son of Anarchy League . . . Maybe (6 Viewers)

Just want to check on the starters/flex. The rules state: start 1 RB/WR/TE, but 7 rosterable. Does that mean you need one at each of those positions, or just one player at any of them and than 6 flex?

Last edited by a moderator:
While I am greatful to have the 5th overall pick in this format, did I have to be sandwiched between Duckboy and ItsOnlytheRiver?

Sandwiches don't float so well. Guess I am renting SCUBA gear.

Stud TE FTW!!

saw the rule that says missed picks can be emailed to commish.....what does this timeframe mean...if i miss my pick and email you my replacement pick at say 9:00 am but you don;t get it till say 10:00 am and 3 picks have gone off in between and one of them is my replaement pick....how is tis handled

saw the rule that says missed picks can be emailed to commish.....what does this timeframe mean...if i miss my pick and email you my replacement pick at say 9:00 am but you don;t get it till say 10:00 am and 3 picks have gone off in between and one of them is my replaement pick....how is tis handled
The simple solution is not to miss a pick. Is a 6 hour timer not long enough for you?

The player has to be available at the time I actually read the message (not when you sent it). I would suggest people email the whole league who they want so no one else will take that player.

There are lots of issues with missed picks. For one, there could be a bunch of predarft picks that happened after you missed pick, and if that team got the player that you wanted, the predraft list would have already gone away at that point. So you timing out could cause someone else to time out if I took that player off another roster.

Hey I just noticed in the scoring that PPR for RB is not set to 1. Is that going to be the case or will all positions be 1 PPR?

Hey I just noticed in the scoring that PPR for RB is not set to 1. Is that going to be the case or will all positions be 1 PPR?
It should be all positions have 1 PPR scoring. I will have to look into the league settings . . .

someone tell hawklets to get this show on the road
The draft hasn't started yet, so pump the brakes on this one. Draft kickoff is Weds at 8 AM Eastern. I will not be around much of today and almost all tomorrow, so starting sooner is not going to happen.

The simple solution is not to miss a pick. Is a 6 hour timer not long enough for you?The player has to be available at the time I actually read the message (not when you sent it). I would suggest people email the whole league who they want so no one else will take that player.

There are lots of issues with missed picks. For one, there could be a bunch of predarft picks that happened after you missed pick, and if that team got the player that you wanted, the predraft list would have already gone away at that point. So you timing out could cause someone else to time out if I took that player off another roster.
quite honestly I wasn't asking for myself.....not sure you'll have to worry about me....was just wondering how it would be handled

The simple solution is not to miss a pick. Is a 6 hour timer not long enough for you?The player has to be available at the time I actually read the message (not when you sent it). I would suggest people email the whole league who they want so no one else will take that player.

quite honestly I wasn't asking for myself.....not sure you'll have to worry about me....was just wondering how it would be handled
Same process as timed out picks for the regular leagues that just ended.

My 1st pick is locked in but it is too far out for me to predraft my 2nd and 3rd picks. I should be back around 6pm central time if the draft progresses that far. Sorry for any delay when it gets back to me if you guys pick quickly.

Indy Qb and Philly Qb picks are surprising. Even in this format.
almost went RB (Lacy) but in a 32 team league I believe you need a QB. The real decision was Phil Vs Det
I am sure this will come up at some point, but as the other leagues have shown, there probably is a very limited amount of return on QBs (save for the truly elite and consistently high level producers). So I would potentially be compelled to grant my blessings on the DEN, NO, GB QB picks.

For example, CAR made the playoffs last year and ranked 11th and DET ranked 13th in 2013. Yet they went as QB 6 and 7 and in the first round of this draft. So unless people think they will do demonstratively better than they did last year and make a deep run in the playoffs, then these picks will end up having losses in the ROI category.

But what the heck do I know . . . maybe I will end up with a decent pick at the bottom of the round because of it.

almost went RB (Lacy) but in a 32 team league I believe you need a QB. The real decision was Phil Vs Det
I am sure this will come up at some point, but as the other leagues have shown, there probably is a very limited amount of return on QBs (save for the truly elite and consistently high level producers). So I would potentially be compelled to grant my blessings on the DEN, NO, GB QB picks.

For example, CAR made the playoffs last year and ranked 11th and DET ranked 13th in 2013. Yet they went as QB 6 and 7 and in the first round of this draft. So unless people think they will do demonstratively better than they did last year and make a deep run in the playoffs, then these picks will end up having losses in the ROI category.

But what the heck do I know . . . maybe I will end up with a decent pick at the bottom of the round because of it.
I would tend to agree if we are talking about the Colin Kaepernicks and Russell Wilson's of the QB world, but Luck was the #4 QB and #4 overall performer last year and I felt at the time I drafted him a better option than the RBs and WRs on the board at the time. Even Folk is risky in my eyes because of very limited weapons, but who knows. Plus hopefully :fingerscrossed: Luck has Wayne/ Allen back for a full season, and they made the playoffs last year and should this year. I don't see his numbers going down much at all and only having one QB in this league setup, I'd rather have borderline "elite" then struggling each week with a QB on a team that does not throw the ball as much as Indy does.

to each their own I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
and I'll say it.....the fact that we are doing Team QB, makes QB a very safe pick in the first......you take a RB/WR/TE and they blow a knee in week 3, you are toast.....I realize there is a pretty steep drop off from many of the starters to the backups, but you ain't getting zero points out of your top pick, no matter what....

(maybe the above allows a good RB/WR/TE to fall to me)

I would tend to agree if we are talking about the Colin Kaepernicks and Russell Wilson's of the QB world, but Luck was the #4 QB and #4 overall performer last year and I felt at the time I drafted him a better option than the RBs and WRs on the board at the time. Even Folk is risky in my eyes because of very limited weapons, but who knows. Plus hopefully :fingerscrossed: Luck has Wayne/ Allen back for a full season, and they made the playoffs last year and should this year. I don't see his numbers going down much at all and only having one QB in this league setup, I'd rather have borderline "elite" then struggling each week with a QB on a team that does not throw the ball as much as Indy does.

IMO, IND is borderline. Luck got a lot of points playing in a playoff shootout last year. I keep hearing about the conservative approach the coaching staff will be following, so I am not sure to expect huge passing numbers from the Colts. In 2012, Indianapolis made the playoffs and they ranked as the #12 unit for Anarchy. Through the regular season last year, the Colts ranked as TMQB 10. So yes, they ranked 4th at the end of the entire season, but whoever drafted him has to get the same outcome to even break even.

and I'll say it.....the fact that we are doing Team QB, makes QB a very safe pick in the first......you take a RB/WR/TE and they blow a knee in week 3, you are toast.....I realize there is a pretty steep drop off from many of the starters to the backups, but you ain't getting zero points out of your top pick, no matter what....

yep

IMO, IND is borderline. Luck got a lot of points playing in a playoff shootout last year. I keep hearing about the conservative approach the coaching staff will be following, so I am not sure to expect huge passing numbers from the Colts. In 2012, Indianapolis made the playoffs and they ranked as the #12 unit for Anarchy. Through the regular season last year, the Colts ranked as TMQB 10. So yes, they ranked 4th at the end of the entire season, but whoever drafted him has to get the same outcome to even break even.
exactly borderline. I didn't say anything different.

And the reverse is true. You won't get a zero with your last pick either by taking a QB in the last round.

This is my first ever 32-team league draft and the time between picks is daunting to say the least. It has been very interesting to see who gets drafted where. Lynch could be an outstanding selection at 21, if he can maintain the lead role, stay an active receiver and the Seahawks are as good as expected. Julius Thomas at 26 also seems like an outstanding pick.

I am high on Brady this year, but could not pull the trigger so early at 14. Him being drafted as QB9 seems like a good pick as well, but the ability to wait on a quarterback till later is tempting and it will be interesting indeed to see when the rapid flow of quarterbacks slows and then halts completely.

Thanks to David for the thought creating this additional challenging draft and the opportunity to think in different ways for a draft.

And the reverse is true. You won't get a zero with your last pick either by taking a QB in the last round.
disregard...it worked

Good start for keeping the pace up. About 50 picks in 24 hours. The draft would only take a week if we maintained that pace. :fingerscrossed:

Really gents? You're going to let both DT and Welker slide to me?
Thomas was a gift with a great big bow on top. Welker is debatable. He went as WR17 on average across the 10 Anarchy leagues. You got him at WR20 in this league. He finished last year ranked as WR18. I don't see him getting in the end zone as much as he did early on last season, and I think he is a hard concussion away from potentially calling it a career. I think you got him pretty close to where he should have been scooped up. IMO, Sanders, JThomas, and Latimer benefit more than Welker does with Decker gone. But that's why they play the games.

Plus I don't know if I would put all my eggs in one basket with this league. yes they have Manning throwing to them, but seems a little to risky to me if something happens.

Really gents? You're going to let both DT and Welker slide to me?
Thomas was a gift with a great big bow on top. Welker is debatable. He went as WR17 on average across the 10 Anarchy leagues. You got him at WR20 in this league. He finished last year ranked as WR18. I don't see him getting in the end zone as much as he did early on last season, and I think he is a hard concussion away from potentially calling it a career. I think you got him pretty close to where he should have been scooped up. IMO, Sanders, JThomas, and Latimer benefit more than Welker does with Decker gone. But that's why they play the games.
Personally I think Sanders opens up the field for Welker with his speed.

I've got a gut feel that playoff points will be more significant in this league vs. regular anarchy.

I have no problem drafting an entire offense if they feature high scores and/or they slide in a draft.

Not looking forward to the 61 pick gap between picks coming up for me. That's like 5 rounds in a "regular" league draft.

I agree playoff points till be huge, but along those same lines. If, something goes wrong and the team you just drafted a bunch of players from doesn't make it or is one and done- there goes your season. The strategy's I see developing are interesting though.

I agree playoff points till be huge, but along those same lines. If, something goes wrong and the team you just drafted a bunch of players from doesn't make it or is one and done- there goes your season. The strategy's I see developing are interesting though.
People use strategies?
Looking at who was available when people took their picks- you can see who they value. Maybe it's just the combination of pain meds, my imagination, and the lack of sleep.

Sad when it looks like I'll be up again soon but in reality it's still 20 picks away. Massive scale in this beast.

Sad when it looks like I'll be up again soon but in reality it's still 20 picks away. Massive scale in this beast.
:goodposting: Almost makes me feel I have to reach even more for the players I want because it feels like forever before I get to pick again.

Did D. Thomas get ball cancer over the last couple of days?

Thanks for the early Xmas gift guys.
Over Calvin, Dez and AJ. Maybe people don't want to be chasing the other positions all draft? Either way, I think I just named off at least 2 WRs I would have taken at your spot over Thomas.

Sorry for the delay today guys. Despite the fact that I work construction I can usually check my phone real quick and see if I'm on the clock and make a pick. Today was not one of those days.

Users who are viewing this thread