What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Spork Invitational ****Certified**** FFA Yahoo Golf League (1 Viewer)

Not much to it other than submitting a foursome line-up each week prior to Thursday/Friday tee times. Do it!

In. Team name is "the champ" because I'm the returning champ from another league last year and the winner of that league typically takes the name. Not trying to be presumptuous.

Still time to get in

Group ID# 6364

Group Name: FFA Spork Invitational

Group Password: tiger

Drop Weeks: Drop 1 Week

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys playing cards?

Inserting Jordan Speith into the Smoke's starting rotation. He's good for 80 today.

BCat....how we doin? :scared:

Horrible start to season. Not to make excuses, but I usually roster lineups for these multi course layouts where I'm only playing guys on the scoring courses til Sunday. This week for example, I threw a lineup together and of course most everyone played the South course Thurs/Sat. And I didn't start looking at that til Fri.

FRO!! :missing:

:angry: replaced Adam Scott for Bubba after doing some actual homework for the API. Scott -8 thru 13 Bubba +5 thru 14

Congrats to Pluto who hangs on to win the Winter segment. Novie-Stokers with an impressive 0 finishes DFL.

1 PLUTO 1,902 1,902 0 12 6 3 2 Simply Turd 1,885 1,885 0 12 5 3 3 Q-School Dropout 1,874 1,874 0 12 6 2 4 WormBurners 1,839 1,839 0 12 3 2 5 Payne's Posse 1,813 1,813 0 12 4 2 6 huskers15 1,747 1,747 0 10 4 1 7 Fro V1x 1,738 1,738 0 11 2 1 8 Smoke 1,691 1,691 0 10 2 0 9 BBWC 1,691 1,691 (+1) 11 2 0 10 Caddy Scholarship Winners 1,679 1,679 (-1) 10 2 0 11 FireCracker Freak 1,216 1,216 0 6 1 0 12 Dude Where's My Cart 1,140 1,140 0 3 2 0 13 Novice-Stokers 0 0 0 0 0

Spring Segment starts at Houston this week followed by The Masters :excited:

Time to see if my 2 wildcards in the Open can make a dent in this seemingly constant 100pt lead.

Glad I chose Hideki Matsuyama over El Pato at the last minute, just didn't start him of course.

Anyone wish every week like me that you had a 4th group to pick more golfers or do you like the 3 group setup?

It doesn't matter to me if there are 3 groups or 4. I'll find a way to get the least out of any line up. :topcat:

Sure would like to find some way to keep interested now that the playoffs have started :whistle:

Bobcat10 said:
Group ID# 3714

Group Name: FFA Spork Invitational

Group Password: 2015

Drop Weeks: Drop 1 Week
I'm in. Thanks for setting this up. Although I love the game, this makes watching it that much more interesting.

Signed up.

As a head's up, the league info is indicating that there is no drop weeks.

Signed up.

Where do you see that? I went into the commish tools section and the radio button is set to use the mulligan feature.

Here is what is on the main page:

Group Standings
Rank Team Segment Points* Season Points* Rank +/- Weekly Finishes ? Top 10 Top 3 Wins - Payne's Posse 0 0 0 0 0 0 - Pluto 0 0 0 0 0 0 - Q School Dropout 0 0 0 0 0 0 - Woz 0 0 0 0 0 0
Notes:
  • The commish has enabled the Mulligan scoring option for this league.
  • In each segment, the week with the lowest score will be dropped from your point total.

Signed up (Team name is "Playing Through"). Anybody have a cliff notes version of how this works? Do I just pick 8 golfers each week? Does my lineup change weekly? Can it change during the week (in between rounds)? Lastly, what is/are the drop week(s)?

I play in another golf league (have for several years), but figured it might be fun to try another.

Set your 8 golfers before the lock time, usually first tee time Thursday.

A group - 1 starter, 1 bench

B group - 2 starters, 2 bench

C group - 1 starter, 1 bench

You are then able to adjust before every other round. Checking in Friday night after the cut is usually important as you don't want cut players in your Sat/Sun starting spots. To get the "bonus" points if a golfer finishes the tournament top 3, he just has to be in your starting lineup for 1 round at any time. He doesn't necessarily have to be in your starting lineup on Sunday.

Rinse and repeat.

Signed up.

Where do you see that? I went into the commish tools section and the radio button is set to use the mulligan feature.

Here is what is on the main page:

Group Standings
Rank Team Segment Points* Season Points* Rank +/- Weekly Finishes ? Top 10 Top 3 Wins - Payne's Posse 0 0 0 0 0 0 - Pluto 0 0 0 0 0 0 - Q School Dropout 0 0 0 0 0 0 - Woz 0 0 0 0 0 0
Notes:
  • The commish has enabled the Mulligan scoring option for this league.
  • In each segment, the week with the lowest score will be dropped from your point total.
Just what it had on the signup page. Looks like that was inaccurate.

:shrug:

In each segment, the week with the lowest score will be dropped from your point total.
Never mind... I think I figured out the drop week part. Still not sure of how often I can change players/lineup. I'm guessing weekly (in between tournaments)?
Another thing to keep in mind is you can only start a golfer 10 times
Good to know. Is that 10 2-day segments, or 10 tournaments?

In each segment, the week with the lowest score will be dropped from your point total.
Never mind... I think I figured out the drop week part. Still not sure of how often I can change players/lineup. I'm guessing weekly (in between tournaments)?
Used in 10 tournaments. If you leave him on your bench the entire tournament, it doesn't count as 1 used.

You can rotate players every day, btw. There is no such thing as a "2-day segment".

So, if you put a golfer into your starting lineup just one day of a tournament, it still counts as one of your ten uses for the year.

You are then able to adjust before every other round. Checking in Friday night after the cut is usually important as you don't want cut players in your Sat/Sun starting spots. To get the "bonus" points if a golfer finishes the tournament top 3, he just has to be in your starting lineup for 1 round at any time. He doesn't necessarily have to be in your starting lineup on Sunday.

Rinse and repeat.
You can rotate players every day, btw. There is no such thing as a "2-day segment".

So, if you put a golfer into your starting lineup just one day of a tournament, it still counts as one of your ten uses for the year.
Gotcha. I think what threw me off was Bobcat stating that I could change my lineup "every other round." I took that in the literal sense, when he actually meant every round other than Thursday.

One last question... Does Yahoo update its player list specifically for each tournament, or does it normally list all players (even those not participating in the event)? I only ask because I noticed that there are way more players listed (currently) than will actually play next weekend. Of course, that might be because the field won't be declared until later.

Just wondering if you can pick from Yahoo, or if you need to pick after referring to the actual field elsewhere (on another site, etc.).

Sorry yes my wording was not the best there. And yes, players not entered will have a notation (I think "NE"), and you can also filter them out completely. Usually it's Monday night or Tuesday when Yahoo updates.

Rinse and repeat.

Gotcha. I think what threw me off was Bobcat stating that I could change my lineup "every other round." I took that in the literal sense, when he actually meant every round other than Thursday.

One last question... Does Yahoo update its player list specifically for each tournament, or does it normally list all players (even those not participating in the event)? I only ask because I noticed that there are way more players listed (currently) than will actually play next weekend. Of course, that might be because the field won't be declared until later.

Just wondering if you can pick from Yahoo, or if you need to pick after referring to the actual field elsewhere (on another site, etc.).
Yahoo will narrow the field as players declare in or out. So, yeah, right now picking a lineup is not necessary and not all guys listed will be in tourney obviously. But yahoo will fix it.

Ideally, you really need to check the list the morning of the tourney and before the first round tees off. Guys will withdraw last minute.

Users who are viewing this thread