What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

STAR WARS: Episode 7 (All-Time #1 opening box office.) (1 Viewer)

Am I the last to know this?

I was actually looking up something on Google and typed "A long time ago in a galaxy far far away" and it was an Easter Egg. I had no idea. I literally found it by accident. I can only assume everyone has heard of this already?
Guh?

I was actually looking up something on Google and typed "A long time ago in a galaxy far far away" and it was an Easter Egg. I had no idea. I literally found it by accident. I can only assume everyone has heard of this already?
Guh?
Search "A long time ago in a galaxy far far away" in Google.
It just returned a page of regular old results. Amazing.
I don't get it....What are we suppose to see here? Mine just comes back with a normal google search result.

Guh?
I don't get it....What are we suppose to see here? Mine just comes back with a normal google search result.
I just did it... not a normal google result. kinda cool.

were you both using Chrome?

Guh?

It worked for me in Chrome on a laptop.

Guh?

I am on firefox on a desktop. I will try another browser.

Awesome fan theory as to who Rey's grandfather is:

Obi Wan Kenobi. That's Ewan McGregor's voice calling to Rey when she finds the lightsaber.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to see this just don't know if my 4 year old will sit through a 3 hour movie :wall:
why would you take your 4 year old to a pg 13 movie?My son is 5 and a huge Star Wars fan but he's not seeing these until 7 at the earliest.
i dont' think there's anything so bad that a 5 yr old boy couldn't handle it.
I took my 5 year old daughter and 6 year old son, both have seen the original trilogy (4,5,6). They both loved the movie and were not antsy, my daughter was scared at one point but she was sitting on my lap and closed her eyes and asked me to tell her when the scene was over.
I think this is the same scene where one kid behind me started crying and screaming it was scary. My 7 and 9 year olds loved the movie. 7 year old got a bit squirmy at the half way point. 30 minutes of previews is ridiculous. ]/b]
The only thing I like about reserved seating is the ability to skip the 30-45 minutes of previews.

It was especially annoying in the past when I wanted to smoke (weed) prior to the movie. 45 minutes of previews and I needed to go back out to the truck!!!

Capella said:
Deranged Hermit said:
Awesome fan theory as to who Rey's grandfather is:

Obi Wan Kenobi. That's Ewan McGregor's voice calling to Rey when she finds the lightsaber.
Obi wan had kids? I really don't think we need spoilers for what is essentially fan fiction.

It's ridiculous the amount of people (teenage girls... And maybe some grown women) already want Rey to fall in love with Kylo for ep8.

I re-watched the original Star Wars last night. I liked it when I was seven years old and saw it in the theater. I didn't understand anything about the plot, but the lasers and robots and space ships and aliens were cool.

Now that I've finally watched it with some understanding of what it's about, I think it's a pretty terrible movie and can't fathom how it ever became so popular.

(I heard the new one is good, but maybe that opinion comes from the same people who liked the previous ones?)

I re-watched the original Star Wars last night. I liked it when I was seven years old and saw it in the theater. I didn't understand anything about the plot, but the lasers and robots and space ships and aliens were cool.

Now that I've finally watched it with some understanding of what it's about, I think it's a pretty terrible movie and can't fathom how it ever became so popular.

(I heard the new one is good, but maybe that opinion comes from the same people who liked the previous ones?)
Funny I watched it also last night and was amazed how many subtle techniques by a supposedly bad director made it stand the test of time. The acting was actually pretty good in it. Even the over acting by Hamill fit with a cocky teenager in over his head.

Ep7 has a rare combination of strong critical reviews and strong fan ratings.

Rotten Tomatoes is at an extremely high 94% for critical reviews

IMDB is running at 8.6 putting it at the 34th* highest rated movie ever on IMDB after more than 247k votes from fans.

The demographic data is running pretty even across the board from male to female, young to old.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2488496/ratings?ref_=tt_ov_rt

*The 34th spot will drop over time.

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!

Just watched 4 and 5 with my 10 year old. She likes them ok. I'm not a huge fan. We'll watch 6 and have tickets for new years eve

This is the droid you're looking for, fan boys.

Users who are viewing this thread