What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steven Jackson Re-Emergence? (1 Viewer)

benjaminbarker

Footballguy
sjax got by far the most work that he's seen in many weeks

with the trade deadline passed and him gone next year, is there a chance the rams now just start running him until the wheels fall off?

my league also has a valuable 20 carry bonus - i know that is rare but if he is getting 20 carries per game he will be producing good numbers anyways

am i crazy and delusional since i still have him rostered, or is there a real chance he reemerges into a decent start?

I am starting him this week vs the jets....hard to tell if they have made a decision to run him more yet. but he looked really good last week. maybe hes finally 100% over that groin injury?

i finally cut him 2 weeks ago for vick ballard. he has since been rostered by another owner.

of course hes going to tear it up now.

dangit.

-biz-

I'm cautiously optimistic. He looked damn good against a very very tough San Fran def. Of course I, like many SJax owners I suspect, had him riding the pine last week. I'm a little worried about him regressing once I get him back in my starting lineup, but luck favors the bold and I don't have any time to wait and see.

I'm cautiously optimistic. He looked damn good against a very very tough San Fran def. Of course I, like many SJax owners I suspect, had him riding the pine last week. I'm a little worried about him regressing once I get him back in my starting lineup, but luck favors the bold and I don't have any time to wait and see.
In desperation, I started Taiwan Jones over him last week as I needed a win to stay in contention...needless to say I'm no longer in contention.

In desperation, I started Taiwan Jones over him last week as I needed a win to stay in contention...needless to say I'm no longer in contention.
ouch. I went Bradshaw to a poor delta as well-luckily I had Graham. I took SJax earlier than I probably should have as I really thought with Fox there, he'd be utilized even more. Am hoping that the first 9 weeks was a ploy to keep him healthy. :unsure:

Carried him all year as my RB5 without a single start...dropped him last week to pick up Reece to cover McFadden's injury and now he starts getting the full workload. I would've dropped Rashad Jennings instead but he was in as a starter due to the Thu game.

My roster was holding him back- you're welcome!

Carried him all year as my RB5 without a single start...dropped him last week to pick up Reece to cover McFadden's injury and now he starts getting the full workload. I would've dropped Rashad Jennings instead but he was in as a starter due to the Thu game.My roster was holding him back- you're welcome!
GOOD FOR YOU!

IMO, he is by far and away the most talented back on the Rams roster and still has the skills to be an impact RB1 in the NFL.

Problem is there is a lot going on other than who is best back is.

Since we are past the trade deadline, the Rams aren't looking to "show him off" to up his trade value. Since the Rams aren't going anywhere in the playoffs, there is incentive to see what they have in Richardson and Pead to plan for life after Jackson as early as next year, especially since Fisher isn't playing for his job.

Having said all that, coaches and players still want to win games.

I think he can be a good flex play, and maybe even a RB2 if things break right, but I wouldn't count on too many more 20+ carries games from him.

One week before facing one of the most stout rush defenses in the league STL comes out saying they want to get Pead more involved than this happens. I felt like I was in the twilight zone when I went to go look at the box score. I understand the 100+ yard effort was a product of the OT but I did not envision him getting the lion's share of the carries in any of the remaining games, especially at this juncture of the season. I feel as if I'm getting suckered into starting him again but last week was at least encouraging. Imagine if he had gotten this workload all season.

so what happened yesterday? it seemed like Jackson was playing well, like 80 yards, but only 13 rushes? I did see Richardson lost a bad fumble in the third, wonder if that gives Jackson some more carries...

'need2know said:
so what happened yesterday? it seemed like Jackson was playing well, like 80 yards, but only 13 rushes? I did see Richardson lost a bad fumble in the third, wonder if that gives Jackson some more carries...
Jackson looked and looks really good. As an owner I am happy that his work load has lightened a little. His day could have been better as St. Louis almost out thought themselves getting down to the 2 yard line due to SJax pounding it down the Jets throat the whole drive. They then passed on 2nd, 3rd and finally got the TD on 4th down by passing the ball. Jackson looked great yesterday as tacklers were bouncing off of him and he looked quick and most importantly healthy. Jackson is a nice RB3 going forward as he still is the starter, the goaline back and is a much different type of RB than Richardson. They actually compliment each other extremely well. I happen to think that the best place for Jackson and the best thing for St. Louis is to resign SJax for the next couple of years. Richardson is not made to pound it 20 times a game so they can contiue to help each other out as SJax pounds the ball and Richardson uses his speed and quickness to add a different dimension.

Quote from Jeff Fisher's news conference today:

Finally, Fisher also offered even further praise of RB Steven Jackson, who put together a dominant performance on Sunday (see front page for a full story on Jackson revving up the run game). Most notably, Fisher said that the Jackson you see now is the one you will see the rest of the year.
http://blog.stlouisrams.com/2012/11/26/wrapping-up-arizona-6/
It was good to hear, but I don't trust it. Jackson has looked great all year and could be a great value pickup in Dynasty leagues. He seems like a back that has another 2-3 years with a lightened load.

Users who are viewing this thread