What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (7 Viewers)

Realty Income down 12% the last month. Seems overdone. Is this anything more than fears surrounding the commercial real estate market?

lol, LYFT was up about 65% after hours based on a billion dollar typo. They still had a good earnings report and are still up about 17% now.

Realty Income down 12% the last month. Seems overdone. Is this anything more than fears surrounding the commercial real estate market?

I've been watching this one for a while. It ran up a ton right when the fed had that announcement that everyone extrapolated into them cutting rates a ton this year probably starting in March. I think people were shifting their yield money into it, assuming that HYSAs were about to get their rates cut substantially. But now that rate cuts are looking further off and less likely than before people are rotating back out.

Anyone pin the latest todem post? Probably need to rebalance

Last Todem one I remember:

DE taking a dump today - I guess the market didn't like earnings a ton. I have a bunch and regard this as a long term hold and if this continues to dip I'll happily buy more.

Japan and the UK now officially in recession, joining Germany and obviously China (even thought they won’t say so). Top six economies, down to the US and India.

All of the "Trump Stocks": DWAC (up 13%), RUM (up 4%) and PHUN (up 236%) are up based on yesterday's Iowa results. I would expect them all to drop back down since there aren't successfully profitable businesses attached, but interesting none the less.

The power of FOMO is a real thing.

DWAC up 65% today and 156% for the month. Simply insane stock to follow. Still no product and 80% dilution when/if they merge with TMTG. Guess the bag holders can enjoy the ride for a bit. @St. Louis Bob

Somehow DWAC received SEC approval to move forward with their merger. Most likely down to just a shareholder vote, although their old DWAC CEO Patrick Orlando is now holding them hostage for more money (shocker!!) The new ticker symbol is going to be "DJT" if the merger passes. Stock up to $50 a share today, again with no real product (Truth Social is the #139 social media app in the Apple App store) and bleeding money. I sold at $44 when it doubled my money on early primary news, but thinking about shorting now. The dilution when merged is going to kill the price. And it could be a few more months before the merger, which will force the price and excitement down.

Ramp up of the second wave of inflation or just noise?
Honestly, I think it’s noise. I think the economy is going to slow/maybe fall into recession and the, I’ll call it gouging in many cases, will have to make some roll backs or lose a lot of business. As long as we don’t do anything dumb like pandemic level money giveaways, it seems like people are going to have to tighten up a bit and will.

Hey, I’m just happy having a good day in the market even with a ton of red. KNSL/SWAV cancelled the rest and TTD was my profit. Nice on a bad day when 3 of my top 9 stocks are 10%+ gainers.

I was thinking about this one as a good option now as it will be a desirable yield when rates come down. Also have gotten back in WPC.

Direxion Daily Real Estate Bull 3X Shares (DRN) a good play here?
I don’t know anything about that one. I’ve been in and out of O and WPC over the years, besides those Vanguard is in other fund with REITs I’ve invested in.

Any reason to be in a muni fund like VTEB right now over a money market like Vanguards earning over 5%? Is share appreciation worth betting on right now?

Any reason to be in a muni fund like VTEB right now over a money market like Vanguards earning over 5%? Is share appreciation worth betting on right now?

I think the only reason would be if you're worried that the share price is going to shoot up when they announce the first rate cut and you'll be able to get fewer shares (and hence fewer dividends) for the long term than if you bought now.

Eventually when rates come down everyone is going to have to move that money out of those money market accounts and back into dividend stocks. Just a matter of not being on the tail end of that. I think we got a preview of that when there was that fed announcement that everyone extrapolated into rate cuts and a dividend aristocrat like O shot up 10 bucks a share in like 2 days.

I've been watching this one for a while. It ran up a ton right when the fed had that announcement that everyone extrapolated into them cutting rates a ton this year probably starting in March. I think people were shifting their yield money into it, assuming that HYSAs were about to get their rates cut substantially. But now that rate cuts are looking further off and less likely than before people are rotating back out.
Strong buy for the long term

Capital One thinking of buying Discover. I don’t own either, but if I had DFS I would probably sell DFS on whatever premium bump they get (possibly as early as tomorrow) because I can’t really see this administration letting it go through. I suppose you could gamble on a change but I think I’d take the money and run.

Capital One thinking of buying Discover. I don’t own either, but if I had DFS I would probably sell DFS on whatever premium bump they get (possibly as early as tomorrow) because I can’t really see this administration letting it go through. I suppose you could gamble on a change but I think I’d take the money and run.

Looks like you DFS shareholders could see a ~26% pop in your shares tomorrow. ETA: Premarket has DFS us about 15% - I imagine due to concern it’ll get blocked.

Last edited:
PANW getting crushed AH. If I played that game, I would get in now, before the CEO goes on Cramer and smooths things over. I suspect selling at tomorrow's close would be a nice one-day trade.

Sell me on O over VNQ, Vanguard's Real Estate ETF. I've owned VNQ in the past and might be ready to get back into real estate later this year. But I'd lean towards the ETF over a single name.

Been out of the loop for a while, just got caught up on on posts from mid-Jan on.

Was surprised not to see any mention of SMCI. Up nearly 800% in the past year but (including after hours) down 27% from its intraday high over 1,000/ share just two trading days ago. Buy the recent dip, as it will easily rip back to 1,000+, or primed to sell off more? Saw a recent analyst upgrade to 1,300, but that guy could be wearing clown shoes.

Sell me on O over VNQ, Vanguard's Real Estate ETF. I've owned VNQ in the past and might be ready to get back into real estate later this year. But I'd lean towards the ETF over a single name.
So although past performance is not indicative of future results (have to say that)......let’s look at the last 30 years, 3 full decades of performance.

O - Compounded return last 30 years = 10.35% (5.88% Yield)

VNQ - Compounded return last 30 years = 8.40% (4.15% Yield)

Let’s look at the volatility of just 2022 when REITS were getting crushed.

VNQ 2022 performance - Down -26.24%
O 2022 performance - Down -7.4%

Now in 2023 VNQ did rebound 11.79% and O went down another 4.58% SO you are slightly ahead with O’s dividend as you begin 2024.

2024 is only 6 weeks in? and O represents a very attractive long term value at much lower standard deviation historically. It is a top REIT pick for me personally for the last 30 years.

They are specialized and only invest in single tenant free standing commercial properties in the USA, Spain, and the United Kingdom and only invest/own properties subjected to NNN Leases (triple net leases) These are the soundest type of leases in commercial real estate. The tenant must not only pay rent. But they also pay utilities, maintenance and taxes. The type of tenants in these NNN leases are highly financially stable companies.

Realty Income Corp has been around since 1969. They have a long high quality historical track record. I use them along with GLPI (which is a pure gaming REIT) in my master list of an equity only portfolio. I also use BX for a Private Equity type of play and they are heavily invested in Student Housing and Data Centers.....we got into BX (Blackstone) 2 years ago (2022) during the drawdown of REITS and REIT like private equity companies.

But quite frankly......O smokes VNQ over the last 30 years. The performance speaks for itself. The stock is clearly on sale.

Choice is up to you of course.

I use CNBC to track my tickers. I don't like it mostly because CNBC does a crap job of linking news of the day to the stock, like earnings, for example. They try to sell stuff, and have some crap called Tipranks. I want something better. I used Yahoo for years but moved away from it. Maybe I go back...

What do you guys use?

Nvda down big today heading into earnings. Time to grab some.
I think it’s about to get murdered tonight.
Everyone seems to think that though……..which makes me think it won’t happen. Be more convinced if it rallied into earnings instead of dropping 10%
Initial numbers are looking good. Pretty flat in the AH trading. Someone hold me.
Strike that now going 🚀

Users who are viewing this thread