What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (8 Viewers)

Im no stock analyst but im in this industry and its in good shape. might be worth looking into. especially as summer comes

LESL $7.39

POOL $387.61

Im no stock analyst but im in this industry and its in good shape. might be worth looking into. especially as summer comes

LESL $7.39

POOL $387.61

If it's at all correlated to the hot tub and spa space I can tell you first hand from my vantage point that sales are dead and have been for months. But this is just first hand anecdotal evidence.

What is it about Matt Ishbia you guys like?
As most successful CEO's.... he is smart, driven and talented businessman. I have seen it several times over the years where the industry zags and then he zigs and when he does, he is moving chess pieces in place for a checkmate and then it pays off.

I have met and interacted with him a couple of times in person, on small zoom calls and even a phone call.... and can say on top of all that he is a good genuine guy.

As most successful CEO's.... he is smart, driven and talented businessman. I have seen it several times over the years where the industry zags and then he zigs and when he does, he is moving chess pieces in place for a checkmate and then it pays off.

I have met and interacted with him a couple of times in person, on small zoom calls and even a phone call.... and can say on top of all that he is a good genuine guy.

My wife's cousin's husband is best buddies with the guy and loves him. But man, he gets pretty destroyed on social media and reddit by ex-employees, but they probably have an axe to grind. The "never relax" thing sounds pretty ridiculous, but I guess it works for him/them.

went so low they did a 1-100 reverse split, which I honestly didn’t know was possible.
:lmao: is that true? That’s hilarious.
Yeah, so technically I sold it in the hundreds. I remember someone posted in here about how it jumped up a ton and I went to the stock and was like WTF, why did I sell and then I looked at the 1 year chart and saw the old prices. Found a reverse split article and felt better about selling way back when.

Our moon biotech picks in here have been less than stellar in the end. I guess that makes sense as I’d think most moonshots do fail. Still wonder what that Whyatt guy did with HGEN. He said he bought a ton (seemed true based on his cost basis lowering numbers) and then disappeared when it tanked. That and CYDY are the only ones that seemed to attract a good chunk of interest in here.

TMDX has done very well. But they already had an FDA approved product when it first came up here.

$TMDX 🚀

$TMDX 🚀 again!

"Don't listen to GM when he recommends penny stock cobalt companies" is another common saying.

So true. You could have just said "Don't listen to GM" and then cut it off. But yeah, that was bad. bad bad bad bad bad.
Didn’t it come back a bit? I never bought it but remember posts about it. Was it Playgon bad? That one was probably the surest I’ve been about avoiding a penny stock since DPLS.

went so low they did a 1-100 reverse split, which I honestly didn’t know was possible.
:lmao: is that true? That’s hilarious.
Yeah, so technically I sold it in the hundreds. I remember someone posted in here about how it jumped up a ton and I went to the stock and was like WTF, why did I sell and then I looked at the 1 year chart and saw the old prices. Found a reverse split article and felt better about selling way back when.

Our moon biotech picks in here have been less than stellar in the end. I guess that makes sense as I’d think most moonshots do fail. Still wonder what that Whyatt guy did with HGEN. He said he bought a ton (seemed true based on his cost basis lowering numbers) and then disappeared when it tanked. That and CYDY are the only ones that seemed to attract a good chunk of interest in here.

TMDX has done very well. But they already had an FDA approved product when it first came up here.

$TMDX 🚀

$TMDX 🚀 again!
Nice. I finally owned some this time. I figured I’d put in for some today. Meant to buy some at a better price but the last earnings happened before I did.

My wife's cousin's husband is best buddies with the guy and loves him. But man, he gets pretty destroyed on social media and reddit by ex-employees, but they probably have an axe to grind. The "never relax" thing sounds pretty ridiculous, but I guess it works for him/them.
The "Never Relax" is him... he is go go go all the time and that is what he wants from his employees. Some people don't like that and really want to punch a clock in for their presence and punch out giving the min needed to survive. If you lean that way... you won't survive at UWM. Expectations there are high but he treats his employees very well. While pretty much every single other mortgage company in the country was laying people off- he refused publicly because he values his employees and he also wants to be well positioned to keep growing. (One of the many examples of the him Zigging when others Zag). I know several people who have his personal cell phone kind of close to him plus many others in the industry and I have never heard anything bad of him. There are some who don't like some decisions but I have never heard anyone make it personally against him. I have not picked up on any real employee issues at UWM.

Of course none of us would do this but if you were to go mostly all in on one stock, looking for a double or triple, as safe as you can conjure given a 1-3 year timeline, what would it be?

I’m thinking PLTR.

Youse guys?

LESL $7.39

POOL $387.61

I mean Leslie's sells stuff you can get shipped to your door for free for much cheaper. They could easily go the way of radio shack.

They also promote a chemical routine that makes them the most possible money, which could be a + depending on your pov.

PANW getting crushed AH. If I played that game, I would get in now, before the CEO goes on Cramer and smooths things over. I suspect selling at tomorrow's close would be a nice one-day trade.

Down $100/share now. Kinda feel like I have to buy some

I made two buys of PANW, one AHs after earnings and another the next day after it went down even more, ending up with a double position for me. As of now up about 11% in 4 days, keep filling that gap!!! If we can get back to about $345 (another 10%) I plan to sell enough to drop back to a single position and hold from there. 🤞

Of course none of us would do this but if you were to go mostly all in on one stock, looking for a double or triple, as safe as you can conjure given a 1-3 year timeline, what would it be?

I’m thinking PLTR.

Youse guys?
Could have been smart in early January. I’m up 38% on PLTR, after buying in early Jan. That, HODL, and BBAI have been $$.
23andme has been up and down.

Stonk market seems to approve of Apple canceling their EV car project.

Amazing that even with the recent run in big tech, AAPL is essentially sitting exactly where it was 9 months ago.
Why? They’ve kind of had disappointing earnings lately and had a big run up in early 2023 before the rest. They are almost at their peak and their 2023 revenue was down a few % from 2022 and only up about 4-5% from 2021 revenue. All the growth the last two years in earnings has been due to stock buy backs. They are a money printer but their growth is way below the rest of big tech.

Google is so interesting to me because of this AI stuff. They ran up with the AI craze because of the narrative that google has tons of data and tons of engineers so of course they'll be a leader in the AI space.

But as a google home user, I was skeptical. Frankly, google home is so stupid, and hasn't gotten any better over the last 5 years. Arguably it's gotten worse. Then they had their gemini AI demo, and people found out it was faked, and I was determined to sell out of it.

Then I went to San Francisco and saw their self driving cars riding around the streets, which I had no idea even existed. Like fully working self driving cars, picking up passengers, with no driver even in the car, and dropping them off at their destination. Tesla stock has gone up a ton based on the notion they'd be first to FSD, and while they've made practically no progress despite promising it would be done by now, Google has completely solved it. Wow, maybe these guys really do know AI.

But now back on the flipside, I have an android phone, and google has released their Gemini AI assistant to the phone. You can opt-in and replace the old google assistant, which wasn't really AI but more just a series of conditional statements. But holy ****, if Gemini is not the worst example of AI I have ever seen in my life. Googles barely-AI piece of crap Google Assistant is light years ahead of this trash. This thing can't even set reminders, navigate to a business, etc. Stuff that is 5 years old now and the absolute most basic "AI" phase 1 task you can dream up, and it is just stumped.

So I don't really know what the heck is going on there. On one hand they've fully solved self-driving AI, something that no one else can figure out. On the other hand their flagship AI software is mind-bottlingly incompetent and years away from being at a point where it should be customer facing, much less any kind of standout product in the space.

Google is so interesting to me because of this AI stuff. They ran up with the AI craze because of the narrative that google has tons of data and tons of engineers so of course they'll be a leader in the AI space.

But as a google home user, I was skeptical. Frankly, google home is so stupid, and hasn't gotten any better over the last 5 years. Arguably it's gotten worse. Then they had their gemini AI demo, and people found out it was faked, and I was determined to sell out of it.

Then I went to San Francisco and saw their self driving cars riding around the streets, which I had no idea even existed. Like fully working self driving cars, picking up passengers, with no driver even in the car, and dropping them off at their destination. Tesla stock has gone up a ton based on the notion they'd be first to FSD, and while they've made practically no progress despite promising it would be done by now, Google has completely solved it. Wow, maybe these guys really do know AI.

But now back on the flipside, I have an android phone, and google has released their Gemini AI assistant to the phone. You can opt-in and replace the old google assistant, which wasn't really AI but more just a series of conditional statements. But holy ****, if Gemini is not the worst example of AI I have ever seen in my life. Googles barely-AI piece of crap Google Assistant is light years ahead of this trash. This thing can't even set reminders, navigate to a business, etc. Stuff that is 5 years old now and the absolute most basic "AI" phase 1 task you can dream up, and it is just stumped.

So I don't really know what the heck is going on there. On one hand they've fully solved self-driving AI, something that no one else can figure out. On the other hand their flagship AI software is mind-bottlingly incompetent and years away from being at a point where it should be customer facing, much less any kind of standout product in the space.
It's a cheap stock in a world where all the tech mega caps except GOOGL and META are at premium multiples.

AAPL is starting to come down on its forward multiple too and think they will bounce back long term.

Those three are the only 3 of the so called Magnificent 7 I have been adding on weakness.

I’m betting that Axon is off to an excellent start in developing one.
👍I've been wanting to add to my AXON position and just did today as it hangs around 7 month lows.
This thing (AXON) has been a shining beacon. What a freaking horse. Probably due for a pullback but talk about a stock that’s just ignoring everything.
AXON just keeps going. It’s insanely expensive though - been saying that for a couple years now. Rolled my covered calls on it today.

Beat and Raise for $AXON - :coffee:

$AXON again. :coffee:

To follow up on the whole forward multiples on the Mag 7 NVDA keeps destroying earnings....they are actually not very expensive based on forward guidance but the two month run to start the year has me waiting for some bloody days (which undoubtedly will happen at some point) to add more NVDA.

But man this stock......and honestly this market is highly concentrated and feels like 00-02 and the tech bust. Not so much the big mega caps but all the minions people trying to run up behind them.

We still have not seen a true broad based rally to give me that short term confidence we are in a new Bull market....because we are not.

We have taken a round trip from 2021-2023. And now the first two months of 2024.

I maintain rates will start to be cut in late part of 2024....which I have said for a while despite the market pricing in too many cuts too soon.

I think two .25 rate cuts are what we will see if we see any at all in 2024.

Interesting times. Also the 800 lb Gorilla in the room with the 2024 election (long term it does not matter).

To follow up on the whole forward multiples on the Mag 7 NVDA keeps destroying earnings....they are actually not very expensive based on forward guidance but the two month run to start the year has me waiting for some bloody days (which undoubtedly will happen at some point) to add more NVDA.

But man this stock......and honestly this market is highly concentrated and feels like 00-02 and the tech bust. Not so much the big mega caps but all the minions people trying to run up behind them.

We still have not seen a true broad based rally to give me that short term confidence we are in a new Bull market....because we are not.

We have taken a round trip from 2021-2023. And now the first two months of 2024.

I maintain rates will start to be cut in late part of 2024....which I have said for a while despite the market pricing in too many cuts too soon.

Interesting times. Also the 800 lb Gorilla in the room with the 2024 election (long term it does not matter).
Who benefits the most from cuts? How about banks? I have a lot of WFC and a bit of BAC. They're doing well, thinking of putting a little more in, but that's conservative. I do like PLTR and RBLX. Maybe I'll go there.

👍I've been wanting to add to my AXON position and just did today as it hangs around 7 month lows.
This thing (AXON) has been a shining beacon. What a freaking horse. Probably due for a pullback but talk about a stock that’s just ignoring everything.
AXON just keeps going. It’s insanely expensive though - been saying that for a couple years now. Rolled my covered calls on it today.

It’s become a very nice and large holding for me. Glad I doubled down when it went down for a bit in the $150ish range a while back.

It’s become a very nice and large holding for me. Glad I doubled down when it went down for a bit in the $150ish range a while back.

It’s grown to number 2 for me behind only $COST and I haven’t actually added to it since May 2022.

Who benefits the most from cuts? How about banks? I have a lot of WFC and a bit of BAC. They're doing well, thinking of putting a little more in, but that's conservative. I do like PLTR and RBLX. Maybe I'll go there.
Banks like higher rates.

Banks like higher rates.
Not totally

What price you looking at for nvda or just an overall drop? I have some at 578 but am always looking to add more.

What price you looking at for nvda or just an overall drop? I have some at 578 but am always looking to add more.
I look at forward multiples which will tell me if it's cheap or not.

When you see at least a 20% rip to the downside add a little more. Who knows when that will happen and right now this is a runaway train on the upside.

The stock has been insane.

Banks like higher rates.
Not totally
No....but in general.

Users who are viewing this thread