What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Streaming Defense 2015** Week 15 - Playoffs: No time to get cute (2 Viewers)

Where is the defense thread or rankings for defenses this week?

Anyone wanna shoot the top 10 starts of any defense this week rostered or not?

Not feeling as good as I want to be about Tampa. The Saints have been bad. Especially on the road. But they are also capable of putting up 50. My wire is pretty thin though. Bears, Bills, Giants are next best.

How do we feel about attacking Rivers? I mean, seriously, who is this guy going to be throwing to? Herndon?

I'm eyeing down MIA in week 15 if Stevie doesn't return by then. Plus, if my some chance Luck doesn't play again this year (he very likely will) they get a plus match-up vs IND in week 16.

Not feeling as good as I want to be about Tampa. The Saints have been bad. Especially on the road. But they are also capable of putting up 50. My wire is pretty thin though. Bears, Bills, Giants are next best.
Cooks being out has to make the match-up more favorable plus you'll likely want to hold them for the STL match-up next week.

Picked up the Browns (vs SF) dropped Min and starting over the Bengals. Meh WTF
As absolutely atrocious SF has been this year, they've held their last 3 opponents to sub 20 points and dare I say it I'd roll with them over CLE. Gabbert is also (surprisingly) not been someone to specifically target since he took over. Kaep was much more generous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Miami vs SD is something to think about. Is that in Miami? Iirc SD got hammered in Miami last year..... and the Phins have had a few high point efforts this year. Poor Rivers.

I was feeling pretty good about the Bucs already given how bad the Saints often are on the road. Now with Cooks out and Ingram out on paper Tampa Bay is looking real good. I think they've become a strong streaming option for this week.

Well you guys convinced me--TB is the start for me. I have the Bengals and they have served me very well, but Pitt putting up 30 points in 3 of the last 4 games, I need a Hail Mary here

Picked up the Browns (vs SF) dropped Min and starting over the Bengals. Meh WTF
Wouldn't trust the Browns regardless of matchup. This Defense looks like it's quit on the season. SF might not be as tasty a matchup as they were a few weeks ago either. Gabbert and Draughns are studs I tell ya!

No Ingram or Cooks. Brees has Watson basically. TB is who I'm rolling with in one League.
Would you go TB over Denver?

Serious question.

I actually see a close game with Denver and OAK this go around.

But the potential for TB vs. a crippled Saints offense may be too good to pass up.

TZM

No Ingram or Cooks. Brees has Watson basically. TB is who I'm rolling with in one League.

Serious question.

But the potential for TB vs. a crippled Saints offense may be too good to pass up.

TZM
Aside from the KC game, Oakland has given up single digit points in 5 of their last 6 matchups. Unless Denver scores a TD, I don't know that they'll have a high score. Oakland doesn't turn it over much and seem to take few sacks.

Serious question.

TZM
Aside from the KC game, Oakland has given up single digit points in 5 of their last 6 matchups. Unless Denver scores a TD, I don't know that they'll have a high score. Oakland doesn't turn it over much and seem to take few sacks.
The "experts" have universally ranked the Denver D top 2 - 5. This data gives me pause.

I'm torn on Denver (vs Oak) or Det D (@STL).

Looking back, some iffy and bad defenses have done poorly against OAK but good defenses have generally done well. This is the #1 DST in a divisional game at home, tied for a playoff bye and home field throughout the playoffs, against a weaker team. I'm not going to get cute here.

Looking back, some iffy and bad defenses have done poorly against OAK but good defenses have generally done well. This is the #1 DST in a divisional game at home, tied for a playoff bye and home field advantage, against a weaker team. I'm not going to get cute here.
I'm not saying I'd start Det over them. Just saying to temper expectations.

Looking back, some iffy and bad defenses have done poorly against OAK but good defenses have generally done well. This is the #1 DST in a divisional game at home, tied for a playoff bye, against a weaker team. I'm not going to get cute here.
I am almost certainly going with Denver this week, its the next couple weeks that give me pause.

I was just curious as to the TB thoughts though.

TZM

Looking back, some iffy and bad defenses have done poorly against OAK but good defenses have generally done well. This is the #1 DST in a divisional game at home, tied for a playoff bye and home field throughout the playoffs, against a weaker team. I'm not going to get cute here.
Think you nailed it. "Getting cute."

It's obviously a close call between a Denver and a Detroit D because of the matchups.

In the case where it's close, you have to side with the all around better defense.

I'm going Denver.

Got the TB v DET choice too.

Brees has been bad on the road and vs Lovie in TB but can he been Keenum bad?

The DET game has much less a chance of being a shootout

Well, I think Detroit has definitely entered full mail it in mode.

I was guessing it might happen, but I was holding out to watch this week.

Their offense looks bad, and the defense looks worse.

Think I won't be touching them next week.

TZM

Who we got for week 15 boys???????

Need to know what some of you guys are thinking, now that I have completely factored Detroit out of my plans.

TZM

Looking like the only 2 decent streaming choices I have are -

TB @ STL

MIA @ SD

I'll be dropping Denver tomorrow, and snagging someone else I suppose.

I see IND is playing HOU and in one league, Hell I may do that. They have been fair recently, and I always like the home matchups more than the road ones.

Not sure how much any of you look over the wire defense match ups, but man seems like every one is brutal this week.

So many "available" defenses are playing monster teams.

This is going to be a difficult one, I just know I won't play Denver vs. PIT. :no:

TZM

Looking like the only 2 decent streaming choices I have are -

TB @ STL

MIA @ SD

I'll be dropping Denver tomorrow, and snagging someone else I suppose.

I see IND is playing HOU and in one league, Hell I may do that. They have been fair recently, and I always like the home matchups more than the road ones.

Not sure how much any of you look over the wire defense match ups, but man seems like every one is brutal this week.

So many "available" defenses are playing monster teams.

This is going to be a difficult one, I just know I won't play Denver vs. PIT. :no:

TZM
Houston is a great play. As is indy. If not then I think its Miami. Tampa also a decent option.

Houston is a great play. As is indy. If not then I think its Miami. Tampa also a decent option.
I have INDY as a choice in one, and I'm leaning heavily towards that one.

Any news on Vontae Davis?

TB is available everywhere, but that just screams "middle of the road" for me.

TZM

Pitt available for me. Yes please
I did get PITT in one league, but I will most likely sit them and go with INDY vs. Houston this week.

The more I look at it, the more I am liking this play.

Looks like we will be seeing T.J. Yates instead of Hoyer this week. :excited:

He did start one game earlier this year, and he threw 2 TDs, but I like the promise of going against Yates this week, in INDY also.

TZM

I did get PITT in one league, but I will most likely sit them and go with INDY vs. Houston this week.

He did start one game earlier this year, and he threw 2 TDs, but I like the promise of going against Yates this week, in INDY also.

TZM
I don't know -- Bortles and Jags thrashed the Colts. Half makes me consider grabbing Yates.

**Note to self - don't overthink this**

CIN @ SF this week

DEN v. CIN next week

PIT was dropped for TB Sunday (he survived.) Tempting, especially next week @ BAL.

Chuck Pagano was talking in his presser yesterday about how "if he's playing with his granddaughters in Montana next December his life will be fine." Now I understand Chuck has a little different perspective than most NFL coaches but I don't think I'd want any part of my team invested in Colts.

I have INDY as a choice in one, and I'm leaning heavily towards that one.

Any news on Vontae Davis?

TB is available everywhere, but that just screams "middle of the road" for me.

TZM
I'm done with the Bucs after last Sunday. Granted it's Drew Brees but the Saints have had major problems on the road and the Bucs had a chance to make a strong playoff statement with a home win. That was a pretty pathetic performance in my opinion so even though they get a Rams' offense that consists of just one player (albeit a REALLY good player) I'm passing on 'em this week.

The Jags are interesting although it's tough to see them going off two games in a row.

I might use KC @ Balt.

We basically only get points for sacks and INT's though.

Hopefully KC can get to the QB.
The Ravens will either start Claussen who sucks or Mr. Pick Six Matt Schaub.

I'd be feeling really really good if I was starting KC this week.

PIT is now on my radar and the last 3 weeks look pretty good as their offense scores a bunch it opens the door for more defensive take-a-ways?

DEN @ PIT

PIT @ BAL

PIT @ CLE

It's killing me picking Defenses and Kickers this year, but managing to be tied at the top and in a semi-final this coming week.

TZM
INDY D is a trap.

Yates is not that bad and Indy's D is terrible.

In addition, if Whitehurst is QB for Indy, could mean more possessions for HOU.

I'm staying away.

Houston D is available in my league. I have Bucs ready to go as a replacement for Broncos if I can't snag Texans. Especially if Whitehurst plays.

I have been riding the Broncos all year, but just can't play them against the Steelers. Texans are out there and I am giving them a shot....was considering the home team in the Colts, but they just don't have a pass rusher or anyone causing turnovers......the Texans played respectable against the Pats, and if they get Whitehurst, they should get a few turnovers.....plus Clowney is looking like a good bet for a few sacks.

Time to bench the Broncos for a week and most likely will be using their opponents PIT. Great thing with DEN is now that Dalton is injured, they become serviceable again in week 16.

I picked up the Jets off waivers. Dallas gives up a lot of defensive fantasy points and they seem ready to implode.

Dropped the Rams for the Bucs last week thinking the Bucs had two in a row there. Now, I'm thinking I might be better off with the Rams against the Bucs than the Bucs against the Rams.

Dropped the Rams for the Bucs last week thinking the Bucs had two in a row there. Now, I'm thinking I might be better off with the Rams against the Bucs than the Bucs against the Rams.
I'm going Rams this week. In the league I have them, they have 97 total points on the season. 71 of those 97 have come at home (average of 10ppg at home). They've put up double digit fantasy points in 5 of their 7 home games. Those games included Seattle, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, San Fran, and Detroit. They've certainly fallen off from right after their bye week, but it's not like the Bucs offense is anything special and Jameis is capable of multiple TOs.

I'm going Rams this week. In the league I have them, they have 97 total points on the season. 71 of those 97 have come at home (average of 10ppg at home). They've put up double digit fantasy points in 5 of their 7 home games. Those games included Seattle, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, San Fran, and Detroit. They've certainly fallen off from right after their bye week, but it's not like the Bucs offense is anything special and Jameis is capable of multiple TOs.
TB and Winston couldn't take advantage of the NO D. It would be shocking of STL lays an egg at home against this team.

Good chance J. Jenkins is back as well. That would help even more.

Users who are viewing this thread