What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (9 Viewers)

Warrior just dropped on Netflix. Gonna give it a few days then I'm gonna fully commit. Let's roll
Started watching this the other week. After a couple episodes the wife started watching, I summarized what happened and she’s been enjoying it. Halfway through season 2.
First few episodes pulled me in hard. Then my interest tailed. I know when I'm losing interest when I start folding laundry or cleaning the kitchen. Felt like a few episodes got silly. Then the final episodes of season 1 pulled me back in. This could go either way for me I think. I could either binge season 2 in a weekend or stop watching. Ha ha

Good grief - a show based on Fallout?

And yeah, The Americans is great.
So much potential for great stories, and the trailers look great. So in!
I just have a general grumble about way too many things in movie and TV needing to come from known properties like this. So my love of all things Fallout is really battling my annoyance of yet another video game movie/TV show. And most are usually crap (based on video games, that is).

Good grief - a show based on Fallout?

And yeah, The Americans is great.
So much potential for great stories, and the trailers look great. So in!
I just have a general grumble about way too many things in movie and TV needing to come from known properties like this. So my love of all things Fallout is really battling my annoyance of yet another video game movie/TV show. And most are usually crap (based on video games, that is).
Last of us is amazing and is really the only one I've ever watched, or had a desire to watch. Trailer looks legit so I'm pretty excited about it.

finished Masters of the air tonight, I thought it was an amazing series even though it was one of the most depressing shows I've watched in a while. It dawned on me at the end that part of what made Band of Brothers so great was the real life interviews with the men of Easy Company and sadly it hit home at the end of this series when they showed pictures of some of those portrayed in Masters in that our Hero's from WW2 are dead with roughly only 100,000 or so still alive.

I plan to watch the Bloody 100th starting tomorrow (also on Apple TV) for the documentary version of masters of the air.

Anybody watching Manhunt on Apple TV? Really well done, gorgeous sets, feel like you are in the 1860 and then…….Lincoln speaks.

Idk maybe that’s how Lincoln sounded but my wife and I both laughed when he started talking. Really took us out of it. Good show though.

Stumbled on a sitcom called Bless This Mess and the pilot was actually really good. Never heard of the show before. Anyone else watch it?
It's kind of a new take on Green Acres.

Anybody watching Manhunt on Apple TV? Really well done, gorgeous sets, feel like you are in the 1860 and then…….Lincoln speaks.

Idk maybe that’s how Lincoln sounded but my wife and I both laughed when he started talking. Really took us out of it. Good show though.
I assume this issue gets resolved rather quickly.
40 minutes in!

Wasn't his voice weird in the Spielberg movie too? I think he just talked funny but no one really knew because recording hadn't been invented yet.

I assume this issue gets resolved rather quickly.
40 minutes in!

Wasn't his voice weird in the Spielberg movie too? I think he just talked funny but no one really knew because recording hadn't been invented yet.
I believe so, yea. I’m sure they made it as accurate as possible, it just really took us back.

I know it was mentioned earlier in this thread, I just finished The Brothers Sun (Netflix) a few days ago - very solid show. For what it was I think it might have gotten a little too sentimental towards the end, but not enough to ruin things. Michelle Yeoh turns in another good performance, she's had a nice run these last few years.

I know it was mentioned earlier in this thread, I just finished The Brothers Sun (Netflix) a few days ago - very solid show. For what it was I think it might have gotten a little too sentimental towards the end, but not enough to ruin things. Michelle Yeoh turns in another good performance, she's had a nice run these last few years.
Loved this. Pretty annoyed S2 is not going to happen

Loved this. Pretty annoyed S2 is not going to happen
There were many really good / gritty martial arts scenes in this series. A few stretched my ability to suspend disbelief choreography wise, but they avoided breaking the laws of physics, which I really hate.

Finished up Season 4 of Justified. Kind of a weak season. I was friends as a kid with the guy that played Colt (Ron Eldard) so that's always fun to see. Patton Oswalt was a poor casting choice, imo. So far, Season 2 has been the best one but I'm also a big Margo Martindale fan. It's a good enough show overall but not something I'll ever watch again.

Anyone watch Road House yet?
Just finished it.

I think my mistake was watching it sober. So I'm going to get drunk and then forget I watched it at all.
Okay. Honest review here.

First off I must say I'm old enough to remember Swayze kicking everyone's arse in the first one when it came out. When watching a remake you have to forget the original or it's just gonna be bad. Was this one cheesy? Yep. Was the casting bad? Yep. Were the characters bad? Yep. The primary villain was downright horrible. EZ from Mayans MC was cast and an embarrassment. Who is his agent? Im a Connor fan. I love Connor. Hated him in this role. Way to much. Just bad. The one bright spot, from a performance perspective was Jake. I actually thought he did a decent job. Having said all that. It wasn't a horrible movie. I won't watch it again or anything but it had it's moments.

Last edited:
Just finished it.

I think my mistake was watching it sober. So I'm going to get drunk and then forget I watched it at all.

First off I must say I'm old enough to remember Swayze kicking everyone's arse in the first one when it came out. When watching a remake you have to forget the original or it's just gonna be bad. Was this one cheesy? Yep. Was the casting bad? Yep. Were the characters bad? Yep. The primary villain was downright horrible. EZ from Mayans MC was cast and an embarrassment. Who is his agent? Im a Connor fan. I love Connor. Hated him in this role. Way to much. Just bad. The one bright spot, from a performance perspective was Jake. I actually thought he did a decent job. Having said all that. It wasn't a horrible movie. I won't watch it again or anything but it had it's moments.
Sounds like the kind of movie that I'd put on at night when dozing off and not minding if I actually fall asleep during it, and maybe coming back to it.

Just finished it.

Sounds just like how I described the Point Break remake. Could have some entertainment valve if it wasn't called "Point Break".

Just finished it.

Sounds like the kind of movie that I'd put on at night when dozing off and not minding if I actually fall asleep during it, and maybe coming back to it.
I might just know what I'm doing tonight!

Just finished it.

Sounds just like how I described the Point Break remake. Could have some entertainment valve if it wasn't called "Point Break".
Unfortunately my kids are of the age where they are essentially unaware of the original and enjoyed the remake - honestly, like you said, if it wasn't being compared to the original Point Break and was just a standalone action movie, it was fairly entertaining and also a great doze off to it type of movie.

Just finished it.

Yeah, relating it at all to the original is a bad idea.

Though, if they do a series of them and just keep the cheesy cheese that was terrible cheese and turn into a universe of Jake going around saving bars in small town America from the powers that be in the town..... I'm not opposed to it and it would actually be clever in a Sharknado type of way.

When I was instructing a course at my hospital about dealing with "crisis situations" regarding dealing with irate/agitated patients or family members, I put the "be nice" clip up on the screen.
I definitely got mixed reactions with that one. Was worth every penny.

Just finished it.

Though, if they do a series of them and just keep the cheesy cheese that was terrible cheese and turn into a universe of Jake going around saving bars in small town America from the powers that be in the town..... I'm not opposed to it and it would actually be clever in a Sharknado type of way.
Yep. Seems like it's The Rocks turn to play Dalton next. Ha ha

Just finished it.

Yep. Seems like it's The Rocks turn to play Dalton next. Ha ha
Would Kevin Hart have to play the bar owner that hires him?

Movies I’ve streamed recently:

Dream Scenario - not good. Expected more of a twist.

Meg 2 - didn’t expect much here but it was definitely worse than the first one.

Ricky Stanicky - had some good laughs. Worth a watch (free on Prime).

I thought the Masters of Air and True Detective were both solid. I didn't regret watching them.

It was a movie (on Max) but I didn't love Interstellar I watched last night. Hella depressing, and very boring at times. I felt whoever made it was trying to get to cute with almost every scene. I would NOT recommend it.

I thought the Masters of Air and True Detective were both solid. I didn't regret watching them.

It was a movie (on Max) but I didn't love Interstellar I watched last night. Hella depressing, and very boring at times. I felt whoever made it was trying to get to cute with almost every scene. I would NOT recommend it.
Eh, it was just some guy. :lol:

(Your criticisms aren't all wrong though. It does have it's share of problems.)

Eh, it was just some guy. :lol:

(Your criticisms aren't all wrong though. It does have it's share of problems.)
I was looking forward to it, love space movies. Huge disappointment. Googled and saw Chris Nolan was director. I'm not shocked as I don't like much of what he has done. The Batman movies could have been great, but I had the same issues with those ironically. So much nonsense filler. Only a little depressing. I haven't seen Oppenheimer yet fwiw.

I loved it. Very different for that genre

Just finished it.

Director : ''You`re an angry Irishman who fights unsuspecting bar patrons and smashes things ''

Conor : ''Me ...or my character ''?

Director : ''Action''

Quiet on set, a 4 episode a docu series on HBO Max about all the pedo's that were disturbingly running rampant in Hollywood during the 90's and 2000's. It's very disturbing

Users who are viewing this thread