What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (9 Viewers)

Just finished Succession. Another disappointment of an ending. Did they have the GOT guys consulting on that? It just didn't make a lot of sense. I mean I guess in a way it did, but like GOT a rushed ending that could have been set up better.
Except GOT was awesome until season 8. Succession was just kind of ok.

Just finished Succession. Another disappointment of an ending. Did they have the GOT guys consulting on that? It just didn't make a lot of sense. I mean I guess in a way it did, but like GOT a rushed ending that could have been set up better.
Except GOT was awesome until season 8. Succession was just kind of ok.
I loved Succession. They probably could have squeezed a few more episodes out of it.

I think that Feud: The Swans or whatever the hell it is has been pretty entertaining. Guy playing Truman Capote is awesome.

American Conspiracy: The Octopus Murders on Netflix is pretty great. I was a just a kid in the 80’s so wasn’t familiar with this story. Wild stuff.

My mom was a reporter for the Herald Mail (newspaper briefly seen in episode one) when this all went down. Was a weird couple months. The local sheriff’s department was way over their heads on this one. Incompetent would be a kind term.

We've been watching the Last of Us somehow (don't think we have HBO).

I keep forgetting which zombie show I'm watching despite the beautiful world building and quality acting. I find myself hating the girls character (I'm sure intentionally) and keep waiting for her to say The King of North! And for not many characters, that's a lot of gay.

We've been watching the Last of Us somehow (don't think we have HBO).

I keep forgetting which zombie show I'm watching despite the beautiful world building and quality acting. I find myself hating the girls character (I'm sure intentionally) and keep waiting for her to say The King of North! And for not many characters, that's a lot of gay.
That's what they said.

I loved Succession. They probably could have squeezed a few more episodes out of it
There have been stories trickling out since the finale that it was not the easiest set to work on. Brian Cox and Jeremy Strong are decent guys but have intense yet disparate approaches to acting that led to unending strife and conflict.

Those two just wore everyone down, and so four seasons was enough for all involved.

I loved Succession. They probably could have squeezed a few more episodes out of it
There have been stories trickling out since the finale that it was not the easiest set to work on. Brian Cox and Jeremy Strong are decent guys but have intense yet disparate approaches to acting that led to unending strife and conflict.

Those two just wore everyone down, and so four seasons was enough for all involved.
Honestly, I think it showed on camera. I know I am in the minority, but I think the acting was subpar on this show outside of Cox.
I do not get the love for Strong at all. I can walk around saying "yeah, ok" and "dude" for an hour too.

Only 2 episodes into Beef but I'm really liking it.
That's pretty much the peak of it
Really?
I remember almost giving up on it midway through but stuck it out. It finished better. Overall, I'd give it an OK.

But I was really excited about it early on.
Halfway through and struggling to finish it. I'm glad you're saying it finishes better but it's gotten pretty lame.
So I'm glad I stuck with Beef. Some of the middle episodes weren't very good but I thought it finished well and was good overall.

The Tourist season 2 was, um, a bit much

Just fyi that’s there’s a dedicated thread for in-depth discussion of this extraordinary cinematic project.

I'm like six episodes in on Foundation (apple), and I kinda like it. It's better done than the Expanse so far imo.

Rewatching GoT. Just got up to the episode where The Mountain kills The Viper. SPOILER

There have been very few wasted scenes in 4 seasons of hour long shows. It’s crazy good.

I forgot when it start sucking but it has been so great to watch again.
Doing the same and I’m a few episodes ahead of you. It’s disappointing knowing the masterpiece will be completely fumbled at the goal line.

I'm like six episodes in on Foundation (apple), and I kinda like it. It's better done than the Expanse so far imo.
Early Expanse was ok; late Expanse was masterpiece.

Watched the first episode and a bit of The Gentlemen on Netflix. Guy Ritchie does not disappoint. Definitely has a Lock, Stock vibe and is just as fun so far. And there is no such thing as too much Vinny.

Rewatching GoT. Just got up to the episode where The Mountain kills The Viper. SPOILER

There have been very few wasted scenes in 4 seasons of hour long shows. It’s crazy good.

I forgot when it start sucking but it has been so great to watch again.
My opinion was that it started sucking in some of the season 7 and 8 episodes. I think many people noticed a change in style starting around Season 5 though, which is when the source material began to run out.

We just decided to give Apple a try.
Watched E1 of Foundation. Seems ok. Realized that I don't remember anything from the books that I read maybe 40+ years ago.

Watched E1 of Masters of the Air. Liked it and feel committed to the rest of the series.

Watched the complete season of Silo. Enjoyed it. Felt as if Rod Serling did an adaptation of the Allegory of the Cave (except, of course, he would have done it in a single episode). Can probably justify a 2nd season. I would watch that too.

Last edited:
Watched the complete season of Silo. Enjoyed it. Felt as if Rod Serling did an adaptation of the Allegory of the Cave (except, of course, he would have done it in a single episode). Can probably justify a 2nd season. I would watch that too.

Silo is from a post-apocalyptic series of books - there is more to the story.

Silo is from a post-apocalyptic series of books - there is more to the story.
The Wool series by Hugh Howey. Really hoping this makes it because the series was excellent.

I'm about to finish Season 4 in my first watch of The Americans. If I knew I'd be seeing Keri Russell's *** this much, I'd have started this a long time ago. Anyway, great series, particularly Russell's acting. At times, she can be cold blooded with this terrifyingly cold look on her face. Wouldn't have thought she necessarily had the chops for it. Color me impressed. Also, really like any scene with Stan Beeman.

They're setting this up to be like the Walt/Hank moment in Breaking Bad where Stan finally learns the truth about his neighbors. Can't wait to see how they do that whole thing.

But my favorite aspect is that the show does not fall into the trap of making the Russians evil, and the USA good. The lines are blurred and its so much more realistic that way.

I really enjoyed The Americans. Great acting all around.

My favorite part is showing how in the terror based bureaucracy of the USSR you would be killed for breaking the rules or not doing your job. But the only way to do your job was to break the rules. Communism is not a good idea

Watched episode one of the new Guy Ritchie show on Netflix. Good enough after one episode.

Seems like Guy Ritchie's take on The Godfather meets Ozark meets a British dark comedy about a royal family.

Watched episode one of the new Guy Ritchie show on Netflix. Good enough after one episode.

Seems like Guy Ritchie's take on The Godfather meets Ozark meets a British dark comedy about a royal family.
I just finished episode 4. Started strong. Kind of leveled off .

My favorite part is showing how in the terror based bureaucracy of the USSR you would be killed for breaking the rules or not doing your job. But the only way to do your job was to break the rules. Communism is not a good idea
Yeah, I was going to praise this show for being remarkably clear-eyed about who the good guys were and who the bad guys were during the cold war, but now I'm wondering if I watched the same show as others.

Yeah, I was going to praise this show for being remarkably clear-eyed about who the good guys were and who the bad guys were during the cold war, but now I'm wondering if I watched the same show as others.
Yeah, I didn't find it all that morally ambiguous.

I'm sure the CIA has done it's share of "bad guy stuff". But on a systemic level I think it was pretty clear which side was "worse".

Is this one a re-make or a sequel to the 2019 Ritchie movie of the same name starring Matthew McConaughey?

Is this one a re-make or a sequel to the 2019 Ritchie movie of the same name starring Matthew McConaughey?

It's neither a remake or a sequel, but it's a story told in a similar vein.
I agree with Payne in that it started off pretty good, but leveled off quickly. I think I'm 3 or 4 episodes in now and the itch to watch the next episode ASAP isn't really there. I'd like to see where the story goes sure.
If you like Ritchie movies, this one is worth a watch.

The chicken scene was absolutely glorious.
While not a "funny" show, it has a few pretty funny moments.

Warrior just dropped on Netflix. Gonna give it a few days then I'm gonna fully commit. Let's roll
Started watching this the other week. After a couple episodes the wife started watching, I summarized what happened and she’s been enjoying it. Halfway through season 2.

Watching The Signal on Netflix. It is a little like Constellation on AppleTV. It even has German versions of Noomi Rapace and James D’Arcy. It is ok so far.

Users who are viewing this thread