What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (8 Viewers)

Quiet on set, a 4 episode a docu series on HBO Max about all the pedo's that were disturbingly running rampant in Hollywood during the 90's and 2000's. It's very disturbing
Watched episode 1 and it was just okay.

Watched Zodiac (on Apple TV) last night with my wife and forgot just how good that movie is. The cast is also incredible.

Finished up Season 4 of Justified. Kind of a weak season. I was friends as a kid with the guy that played Colt (Ron Eldard) so that's always fun to see. Patton Oswalt was a poor casting choice, imo. So far, Season 2 has been the best one but I'm also a big Margo Martindale fan. It's a good enough show overall but not something I'll ever watch again.

I have like no recollection of this season

Eldard reminded me of The Runner, one of this guilty pleasure direct to video releases I grabbed when I worked at Blockbuster

Finished up Season 4 of Justified. Kind of a weak season. I was friends as a kid with the guy that played Colt (Ron Eldard) so that's always fun to see. Patton Oswalt was a poor casting choice, imo. So far, Season 2 has been the best one but I'm also a big Margo Martindale fan. It's a good enough show overall but not something I'll ever watch again.

I have like no recollection of this season

Eldard reminded me of The Runner, one of this guilty pleasure direct to video releases I grabbed when I worked at Blockbuster
The first time I saw him on TV was on a sitcom with Giancarlo Esposito (Gus from Breaking Bad) called Bakersfield PD and as a cop that pulls over Al Pacino in Scent of a Woman. It was so cool to see him. I remember when he would walk around the neighborhood dressed in a chicken costume handing out flyers for the local chicken joint. He always wanted to be an actor. He also played a good third base in softball.

Skins (UK): Only the 1st 3 seasons as available. I've ripped through the first 2 seasons in under a week. Show follows a group of kids from the UK in their last couple years of college (which is High School here, I think). The finale of season 2 was them all moving on to university and season 3 has started with a new group.

I've watched a few episodes of Skins. It's a pretty good teen Brit show. Kind of a mix of the inbetweeners and shameless.
These are the only 2 posts I could find mentioning Skins, which runs 7 seasons and is highly rated on IMDB and is available on Hulu now (all 7 seasons). It's several groups of HS kids, mostly unsupervised by parents, growing up and going through both frivolous and serious stuff.

Seasons 1-2 --- first group of kids
Seasons 3-4 --- second group of kids
Seasons 5-6 --- third group of kids
Season 7 --- catch-up later in time on 4 (I think) of the kids in adulthood.

I thought it was pretty darn good and worth watching. There are definitely characters you can love or hate, depending on who you were in high school. I thought Seasons 1-2 were the best but the entire show was worth watching.

Favorite characters of mine:
Angie (the teacher)
Cassie
Sid

Characters I hated:
Cook
Cook's dad
Effie

Definitely recommend the series. 45-minute episodes.

Watched Road House and it was as expected. Some entertainment. Conner was over the top and had a couple running gags. Jake was good, played the part well. Overall they really need to just stop trying to remake/reimagine Swayze's great classics. Leave them be.

Did see that the restaurant next to the bookstore was called the "Double Deuce". And Dalton did yell "Be Nice" at one point. Nice easter eggs

One episode into 3 Body Problem and I can't decide whether this is good, stupid, or both. Specifically, the part set in China seems pretty good, and the part set in the modern day seems idiotic. I guess I should at least stick with it until the plot comes into a focus a bit. (I've never read the book and I'm going in mostly blind).

3 episodes into The Gentlemen.

Not loving it. Not saying it's bad but I'm not going out of my way to watch the next one either....though I probably will

One episode into 3 Body Problem and I can't decide whether this is good, stupid, or both. Specifically, the part set in China seems pretty good, and the part set in the modern day seems idiotic. I guess I should at least stick with it until the plot comes into a focus a bit. (I've never read the book and I'm going in mostly blind).
I'm 2 episodes in. It has the pedigree of something cool but I just cant decide if I'm totally onboard. Enough intrigue to keep me watching though

thought the first episode of 3 Body problem was great.
This is the new show from the creators of "Game Of Thrones"? I have seen in promos they're using some of the same actors.
The casting is absolutely terrible, but it contributes to the so-bad-its-good vibe. Like yes, of course the world's top theoretical physicist is a dead ringer for Jessica Alba. Everybody knows that the international physics community is full of beautiful, rich, cool people. Physicists are famously like that.

I mean, Ian Malcolm was fine in Jurassic Park, but you can't include characters like that in shows like this now unless you're doing it with a wink and a nod. The "rock star scientist" thing is a played-out trope.

The story is cool though, at least so far.

Last edited:
Was just coming here to post something about this. I'm gonna give it a whirl.

I wasn’t a huge fan of the books, and thought the premise was Thetan-level stupid, but I am enjoying the show. Mostly because it is a bunch of beautiful people that graduated from the Joey Tribiani school of smell-the-fart-acting.

I finished it over the weekend. By about episode 4 they close the loops. Still on the edge on whether I liked it enough to hope for season 2. Or hope there isn't one. :oldunsure:
Never read the books so it is a difficult story to follow at times.

Finished The Americans. Wow, what a finale. Up there with 6FU as far as excellent finales. Amazing show.

How does Homeland compare? I always see the two shows compared?

I'm either starting that or Mr. Robot next.
I haven't seen Homeland but really enjoyed the first few seasons of Mr Robot. Great cast and solid hacker storyline.

I jumped at the 3 body problem a little too quick on the streams and ended up watching the subtitled china japanese version All 45 Whatever episodes kind of wish I haddent done that now

Watched both seasons of Black Summer. I really enjoyed it. Think Walking Dead but scary and without the cheese. I really enjoyed the pacing. Lots of long tracking shots with little to no dialogue but still good acting.

3 episodes into The Gentlemen.

Not loving it. Not saying it's bad but I'm not going out of my way to watch the next one either....though I probably will
I made a comment about this a week or so ago. It doesn't get any better. I think I am through 6 of 8 episodes and I haven't been motivated to wrap it up.

Watched both seasons of Black Summer. I really enjoyed it. Think Walking Dead but scary and without the cheese. I really enjoyed the pacing. Lots of long tracking shots with little to no dialogue but still good acting.

Older show, but I started watching Hell on Wheels (Prime) a few days ago. Finished the first season. I liked it.

That is all.
Both are good under rated shows.

Loved this and bummed it wasn't renewed for a third season. The tone is about perfect, being able to build and sustain terror through a single shot. Really love the execution of a well worn concept.

As others mentioned. Road House was fine but not really in the spirit of the original. MacGregor was a tad over the top but my biggest peeve is he had the world's strongest golf club....

Last edited:
I finished 3 Body Problem, and I can't decide what to think about it.

The cast is terrible and the acting is poor. It doesn't break the show or anything, but it's very Netflixy.

The story has an interesting and suspenseful build-up, but then it completely goes off the rails during the last 2-3 episodes. Specifically, several characters respond to the situation in ways that, to put it very charitably, are completely irrational. I'm not talking about the villain -- we kind of understand why she did what she did. But at least two of the main characters end up behaving in extremely bizarre ways, and that feels disorienting given that we were conditioned to expect them to emerge as heroes or, at worst, tragic figures. I don't know whether that's a function of the book, or the filmmakers, or both.

Halt and Catch Fire is the best show very few people have seen and I am just dropping this post again to make people aware of it :)
I liked the first season when it came out, then lost track. How many seasons are there?
I think 5 total? Loved them all.
I stumbled onto this show after watching Mr Robot looking for another hacker type theme. I really enjoyed it. In fact. I enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed Mr Robot. Both solid shows.

I finished 3 Body Problem, and I can't decide what to think about it.

The cast is terrible and the acting is poor. It doesn't break the show or anything, but it's very Netflixy.

The story has an interesting and suspenseful build-up, but then it completely goes off the rails during the last 2-3 episodes. Specifically, several characters respond to the situation in ways that, to put it very charitably, are completely irrational. I'm not talking about the villain -- we kind of understand why she did what she did. But at least two of the main characters end up behaving in extremely bizarre ways, and that feels disorienting given that we were conditioned to expect them to emerge as heroes or, at worst, tragic figures. I don't know whether that's a function of the book, or the filmmakers, or both.
Your top line is where I said I was at. Still can't decide if I want a 2nd season or not. :oldunsure:

So bizarre that it was billed as a prequel to Z Nation. They're about as far apart as two shows with the same synopsis could be. I have a feeling I'll rewatch it a couple of times.

I really hate that they rolled Hulu into Disney+. Used to be able to fire up Disney+ and easily find something for the family. Now it feels like you have to wade through stuff and sort through a whole lot more. Not sure why they thought this was the way to go.

I really hate that they rolled Hulu into Disney+. Used to be able to fire up Disney+ and easily find something for the family. Now it feels like you have to wade through stuff and sort through a whole lot more. Not sure why they thought this was the way to go.
What do you mean? I log into Hulu by itself through it's own app

The Disney+ app just updated and Hulu is now integrated into it. So when you open up the Disney+ app, all the Hulu stuff is in there too.

So when I open it up, not only do I see the typical Disney shows and movies on the home page (though way way less of them), my family gets to see Poor Things front and center.

The Disney+ app just updated and Hulu is now integrated into it. So when you open up the Disney+ app, all the Hulu stuff is in there too.

So when I open it up, not only do I see the typical Disney shows and movies on the home page (though way way less of them), my family gets to see Poor Things front and center.
Ahh. I never use the d+ app. I didn't know that

Paramount+ absorbed Showtime too
Hulu d+ e+:was already one package.

Don't get me started on paramount+ showtime.

I have showtime. I can stream any showtime shows. They are now putting paramount+ shows in showtime channels at various times. However I can't stream paramount+ shows without paying. Smh

thought the first episode of 3 Body problem was great.
This is the new show from the creators of "Game Of Thrones"? I have seen in promos they're using some of the same actors.
The casting is absolutely terrible, but it contributes to the so-bad-its-good vibe. Like yes, of course the world's top theoretical physicist is a dead ringer for Jessica Alba. Everybody knows that the international physics community is full of beautiful, rich, cool people. Physicists are famously like that.

I mean, Ian Malcolm was fine in Jurassic Park, but you can't include characters like that in shows like this now unless you're doing it with a wink and a nod. The "rock star scientist" thing is a played-out trope.

The story is cool though, at least so far.
Watched 4 eps. I like the science and the big story but there's starting to be too many "oh c'mon moments". The agents exposing the spy at the raid and the lady crawling through the grass? There's other stuff but I'm hoping it gets explained later.

I liked 3 Body Problem :shrug:

I guess any series where I find myself wanting to watch the next episode to see where it goes is one that I like. I am watching Warrior as well, and frankly don't find it anywhere near as compelling.
But, I really didn't like the ending of 3 Body Problem. Minor complaint I guess. If/when they make a season 2, I'll be watching.

Users who are viewing this thread