What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (3 Viewers)

I don’t think I ever finished the Americans. We got pretty far into it but somewhere lost interest. FWIW we watched it when it originally aired
I saw it as it aired too. Liked it a lot at first, but then "this" storyline started growing so much, I just bailed.

The Daughter storyline

Rewatching Deadwood for the first time since it originally aired.

Hope my wife is welcoming to ####sucker coming into my swearing lingo :oldunsure:
Forgot about Deadwood. Solid Western. Good cast. Nothing special with the writing but worth a watch for that genre. Tried to watch the movie awhile back. Could be because the gap of me watching the series and the movie was big, but I couldnt finish it.

I wouldn't agree with "nothing special" in regards to the writing. Swearengen is an incredible character and the dialogue is outstanding.
Maybe because it's been so long since I watched it. Maybe it's because I just finished Westworld season 1. Wonderful first season by the way. Maybe it's just that the movie left a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe it's that I'm just wrong. The storyline of a stranger that enters town with a shakey past ran by ruthless man is basically every Clint Eastwood Western. Once again, the cast was great. Maybe I just need to rewatch it.

Hope my wife is welcoming to ####sucker coming into my swearing lingo :oldunsure:
Forgot about Deadwood. Solid Western. Good cast. Nothing special with the writing but worth a watch for that genre. Tried to watch the movie awhile back. Could be because the gap of me watching the series and the movie was big, but I couldnt finish it.

The movie wasn't that great. They waited too long to make that

I wouldn't agree with "nothing special" in regards to the writing. Swearengen is an incredible character and the dialogue is outstanding.
Maybe because it's been so long since I watched it. Maybe it's because I just finished Westworld season 1. Wonderful first season by the way. Maybe it's just that the movie left a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe it's that I'm just wrong. The storyline of a stranger that enters town with a shakey past ran by ruthless man is basically every Clint Eastwood Western. Once again, the cast was great. Maybe I just need to rewatch it.
Are you sure you're talking about Deadwood? Because that's not what it was about.

Are you sure you're talking about Deadwood? Because that's not what it was about.
Stranger. Ex Marshall. Ex soldier. Ex farmer who lost his family. Trying to start over. Ha ha. Look. I liked it. I'll prolly watch it again due to this thread. Its a good western.

Stranger. Ex Marshall. Ex soldier. Ex farmer who lost his family. Trying to start over. Ha ha. Look. I liked it. I'll prolly watch it again due to this thread. Its a good western.
Like I said, that's not what the show's about. That's barely what the first episode's about.

Constellation started this week on Apple... 3 ep drop.

It's not bad, but I'm not "in" yet. Something keeping me at arms distance about caring or not.

It's not bad, but I'm not "in" yet. Something keeping me at arms distance about caring or not.
Should I watch this next or The Tourist?
The tourist was ok. Never really more than ok... But is a full season. This one is obviously only 3 eps in, so still has hope for more than ok.
Just watched the first episode of Constellation and it’s pretty solid. But the “what is real?” aspect could go south real quick. IN

The Bureau
"Le Bureau des Légendes"
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4063800/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

A very good intelligence/counterintelligence series about the "bureau des légendes", the mythical powerhouse within the French Secret Service and its daredevil ghost agents".

5 seasons, 50 episodes total, episodes about an hour long. One of the best series I've watched in the last year. There are layers upon layers of deception and guessing going on in multiple intelligence networks with the focus being on the French agency. Good acting, believable characters, constant guessing by the viewer as to what's going on and what's going to happen. 2 oddly-attractive female agents doesn't hurt. I thought it was a hell of a good series.

Started watched Netflix Atypical with wife. Its hilarious.
Is that the one with the strang kid, the ex marshall, the ex soldier, and the ex farmer who lost his family?
Family with Kid on the spectrum, no?
Tough crowd. Ha ha. That's the post of mine that lives forever. It had been so long since I watched Deadwood. Ha ha.

Ya. Family comedy with one of the children on the spectrum. Quite funny.

Started watched Netflix Atypical with wife. Its hilarious.
Is that the one with the strang kid, the ex marshall, the ex soldier, and the ex farmer who lost his family?
Family with Kid on the spectrum, no?
Tough crowd. Ha ha. That's the post of mine that lives forever. It had been so long since I watched Deadwood. Ha ha.

Ya. Family comedy with one of the children on the spectrum. Quite funny.
Big fan.

The Bureau
"Le Bureau des Légendes"

A very good intelligence/counterintelligence series about the "bureau des légendes", the mythical powerhouse within the French Secret Service and its daredevil ghost agents".

5 seasons, 50 episodes total, episodes about an hour long. One of the best series I've watched in the last year. There are layers upon layers of deception and guessing going on in multiple intelligence networks with the focus being on the French agency. Good acting, believable characters, constant guessing by the viewer as to what's going on and what's going to happen. 2 oddly-attractive female agents doesn't hurt. I thought it was a hell of a good series.
Where is this available..

The Bureau
"Le Bureau des Légendes"

Where is this available..
According to the link I provided it's available now on AMC+ and Sundance Now.

Should I watch this next or The Tourist?
The tourist was ok. Never really more than ok... But is a full season. This one is obviously only 3 eps in, so still has hope for more than ok.
Just watched the first episode of Constellation and it’s pretty solid. But the “what is real?” aspect could go south real quick. IN
After 4 episodes this thing is a mess but I can’t wait to see how they try to sort it out.

Few episodes into Masters of the Air on AppleTV. Pretty dang good so far. I think I'll give Band of Brothers a shot after I'm done with MotA. Never saw BoB.

Few episodes into Masters of the Air on AppleTV. Pretty dang good so far. I think I'll give Band of Brothers a shot after I'm done with MotA. Never saw BoB.
Band of Brothers is only maybe a thousand times better, even without Flying Elvis.
Oh my. Band of Brothers is one of my all time fav series. Great cast. Wonderfully produced. Solid. Solid. Solid. Must watch for any history buff individual.

When it first came out I was stationed in Germany. Every Sunday night a new episode would air on our AFN network. We would pile into a room and drink beer and shine boots. Such a wonderful memory.

One episode left of Bodies. Good show. Kind of reminds me of Dark.
Yeah... Not a bad show.

Agreed, decent tv

High praise indeed fellas. "good" "not bad" and "decent" - clear my schedule I've got a show to watch!
I enjoyed it because the premise was fairly unique with the various time periods involved.

It definitely was not a cancel all our upcoming plans to binge the entire season type of show, but my wife and I finished it over the course of a couple nights and a slightly longer block on a rare Saturday where we didn't have any kid's or other family activities.

Just finished Succession. Another disappointment of an ending. Did they have the GOT guys consulting on that? It just didn't make a lot of sense. I mean I guess in a way it did, but like GOT a rushed ending that could have been set up better.

Users who are viewing this thread