What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (3 Viewers)

Got 3 free months of Apple+, what are the "must" sees? Ted Lasso seems apparent, Severance is likely. As long as it takes us sometimes to watch a series that might be all we get in 3 months but I'm sure there's other worthy shows.

Got 3 free months of Apple+, what are the "must" sees? Ted Lasso seems apparent, Severance is likely. As long as it takes us sometimes to watch a series that might be all we get in 3 months but I'm sure there's other worthy shows.
Lasso and Severance for sure.

It’s a mixed bag after that. I’d probably say Blackbird and Shrinking as most likely to be enjoyable for the average viewer. Foundation is good if you’re into sci-fi (but man is it a marathon).

I did really enjoy Platonic as a like a guilty-pleasure, can't fall asleep so need something light to watch type show.

Last edited:
Lasso
Shrinking
Severance

I love Mythic Quest

Binging Better Call Saul for the first time. Currently in the back of S3 and I'm already feeling the dread of only having 3 more season to go after this. Such a good show, and not at all what I expected it to be (so far). Really need Vince Gilligan to go ahead and create another show ASAP.
Finished BCS last night. Any chance while I was in my binge cave that Gilligan has announced a spin-off Kim Wexler series yet?

Special Ops Lioness on Paramount plus has been decent so far, it's a Taylor Sheridan spy/terrorist show staring Zoe Saldana, Nicole Kidman, and what feels like every other actor from all of Sheridan's other shows. That said, so far it has had just the right amount of action and plot to keep me interested in it after 4 episodes.

M
Mythic Quest, the first 2.5 seasons of For All Mankind, and the Afterparty are great.

Whelp, just finished S2 E6 of The Bear and, uh, I think I need some therapy. That was intense.
Episode 7 is your therapy (and Ritchie's). Seriously.

Episode 4 might have been one of my favorite episodes in all of TV. What a pleasant, lovely joy ride with Marcus.

I felt on edge, waiting for the other shoe to drop, and was so happy that it never did. Joyous. Mr. krista also thought the scenes with him and his "boss" in Copenhagen were very true to a real kitchen.
I really need to watch this show but I spend much of my spare time listening to playlists created by middle-aged dummies.
I finally got started on this. Watched the first two episodes of S1 last night.

It’s a mixed bag after that. I’d probably say Blackbird and Shrinking as most likely to be enjoyable for the average viewer. Foundation is good if you’re into sci-fi (but man is it a marathon).

I did really enjoy Platonic as a like a guilty-pleasure, can't fall asleep so need something light to watch type show.
I'd add Slow Horses to the list.

Has anyone watched Hijack yet? That looks good. And Idris Elba is awesome.

I started it and lost interest after the 5th or so episode. It's not bad. I'll probably finish it at some point.

I almost did. Just wasn't blown away by it.

It was ok, not great

I love Slow Horses because Gary Oldman is so damn funny.

I love Slow Horses because Gary Oldman is so damn funny.
His exchanges with Standish and Taverner are hilarious.

Watched a few episodes. It was ok but didn't quite grab me to the point of needing to keep watching it over other things.

Wife and I both thought “The Morning Show“ was pretty decent.

”Shrinking“ was an easy watch.

I've watched the first 4 episodes of Shelter on Prime. A typical Harlan Coben show with tons going on and every single person is hiding something. It's been an enjoyable ride so far with some excellent performances by the young actors.

Ahsoka started. I liked the first two episodes.

I'm not loving Reservation Dogs so far this season. Only one of the episodes had the res characters I like most. The other stuff has been well made and interesting, but save that for the anthology spinoff.

Hijack - I know a lot of folks didn't like it much in this thread. I binged it this weekend. I thought it was pretty fun. Not amazing, but Idris Elba doing cool Idris Elba things and a lot of tension. Good show to just enjoy and not think much about.

Special Ops Lioness on Paramount plus has been decent so far, it's a Taylor Sheridan spy/terrorist show staring Zoe Saldana, Nicole Kidman, and what feels like every other actor from all of Sheridan's other shows. That said, so far it has had just the right amount of action and plot to keep me interested in it after 4 episodes.
Solid show. Very Jack Ryan-like, but better, IMO.

Oh my that ending of new justified was terrible
Overall I'd give the season a C- and that is probably being generous.

The last 9 minutes? A+

Agreed with the average to blah grading on the season. I enjoyed watching even though there were some painful characters and painful situations that I wished were different.

Also agree on the A+ final few minutes!!

I wouldn’t give the final few minutes that high of a grade. Definitely felt like a toss-in for nostalgia and to basically set the stage for another season if they think they can make money off it. C- for the season but only because I like Justified and was glad to see Raylan again. If this was the only season I ever watched, I’m not sure I wouldn’t have bailed early on.

That said, I’d definitely watch another season if they base it on that ending.

The last 9 minutes? A+

This was my first dive into Justified.. Guess I need to find time to watch the original as I was not overly impressed. :mellow:

Then again, I HATE shows where the antagonist is immune from anything related to getting caught( walking out of a mob house unscathed was ridiculous) so that left a bad taste.

BTW.. I assume the guy at the end had to do with the original series??

The last 9 minutes? A+

This was my first dive into Justified.. Guess I need to find time to watch the original as I was not overly impressed. :mellow:

Then again, I HATE shows where the antagonist is immune from anything related to getting caught( walking out of a mob house unscathed was ridiculous) so that left a bad taste.

BTW.. I assume the guy at the end had to do with the original series??

Original justifed is awesome. This was a pale shade

I’m easily amused, but I’m through 3 episodes of OnePiece on Netflix and really enjoying it. Never read the anime or whatever so I have no idea how it compares, but this is lighthearted and fun so far.
Didn’t have high hopes going in but lovin it. We watched the anime series as a family when the kids were younger. Only 3 episodes In myself and they’re doing a great job with it IMO. This is a bit darker and more mature, which is cool. Also more concise as the anime had a ton of filler. We’re having fun reliving the story.

I watched Barry on the suggestion in here and it was really interesting to me.

I found a show called hung. Some of you might like it.

Watched Adam sandlers “you are so not invited to my bat mitzvah” on a whim and it was a really cute look at a girls coming of age.

Looking for something new.

Season finale was superb. Great season, great show.

it’s in the same category of watchable and well acted, but unremarkable for me. It’s got more domestic drama than Jack Ryan so my wife likes this one a lot better.

Users who are viewing this thread