What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (5 Viewers)

Special Ops Lioness on Paramount plus has been decent so far, it's a Taylor Sheridan spy/terrorist show staring Zoe Saldana, Nicole Kidman, and what feels like every other actor from all of Sheridan's other shows. That said, so far it has had just the right amount of action and plot to keep me interested in it after 4 episodes.
Solid show. Very Jack Ryan-like, but better, IMO.

Oh my that ending of new justified was terrible
Overall I'd give the season a C- and that is probably being generous.

The last 9 minutes? A+

Agreed with the average to blah grading on the season. I enjoyed watching even though there were some painful characters and painful situations that I wished were different.

Also agree on the A+ final few minutes!!

I wouldn’t give the final few minutes that high of a grade. Definitely felt like a toss-in for nostalgia and to basically set the stage for another season if they think they can make money off it. C- for the season but only because I like Justified and was glad to see Raylan again. If this was the only season I ever watched, I’m not sure I wouldn’t have bailed early on.

That said, I’d definitely watch another season if they base it on that ending.

The last 9 minutes? A+

This was my first dive into Justified.. Guess I need to find time to watch the original as I was not overly impressed. :mellow:

Then again, I HATE shows where the antagonist is immune from anything related to getting caught( walking out of a mob house unscathed was ridiculous) so that left a bad taste.

BTW.. I assume the guy at the end had to do with the original series??

The last 9 minutes? A+

This was my first dive into Justified.. Guess I need to find time to watch the original as I was not overly impressed. :mellow:

Then again, I HATE shows where the antagonist is immune from anything related to getting caught( walking out of a mob house unscathed was ridiculous) so that left a bad taste.

BTW.. I assume the guy at the end had to do with the original series??

Original justifed is awesome. This was a pale shade

I’m easily amused, but I’m through 3 episodes of OnePiece on Netflix and really enjoying it. Never read the anime or whatever so I have no idea how it compares, but this is lighthearted and fun so far.
Didn’t have high hopes going in but lovin it. We watched the anime series as a family when the kids were younger. Only 3 episodes In myself and they’re doing a great job with it IMO. This is a bit darker and more mature, which is cool. Also more concise as the anime had a ton of filler. We’re having fun reliving the story.

I watched Barry on the suggestion in here and it was really interesting to me.

I found a show called hung. Some of you might like it.

Watched Adam sandlers “you are so not invited to my bat mitzvah” on a whim and it was a really cute look at a girls coming of age.

Looking for something new.

Special Ops Lioness on Paramount plus has been decent so far, it's a Taylor Sheridan spy/terrorist show staring Zoe Saldana, Nicole Kidman, and what feels like every other actor from all of Sheridan's other shows. That said, so far it has had just the right amount of action and plot to keep me interested in it after 4 episodes.
Season finale was superb. Great season, great show.

it’s in the same category of watchable and well acted, but unremarkable for me. It’s got more domestic drama than Jack Ryan so my wife likes this one a lot better.

Maybe I'm an idiot but....

Is there not a start episode from beginning option on Hulu? I'll put a series on before bed fall asleep. Next day log back in to see that I somehow turned it off in the middle of an episode I don't remember. But I have to continue episode then manually rewind

Is there not a start episode from beginning option on Hulu? I'll put a series on before bed fall asleep. Next day log back in to see that I somehow turned it off in the middle of an episode I don't remember. But I have to continue episode then manually rewind
You're not an idiot. Or if you are, so am I. This is a problem every single time I go back to rewatch a series. When I finish an episode and let it automatically roll to the next one, it thinks I've watched all but the last two minutes already so it wants to zip to that part instead of starting over at the beginning. If you're watching a show that does cold openings that you haven't watched in a while, it's surprisingly non-obvious that it is doing this until it rolls closing credits instead of opening credits.

You're not an idiot. Or if you are, so am I. This is a problem every single time I go back to rewatch a series. When I finish an episode and let it automatically roll to the next one, it thinks I've watched all but the last two minutes already so it wants to zip to that part instead of starting over at the beginning. If you're watching a show that does cold openings that you haven't watched in a while, it's surprisingly non-obvious that it is doing this until it rolls closing credits instead of opening credits.
Other services I have have a "resume" or "start from beginning" option - drives me insane lol

Binging Better Call Saul for the first time. Currently in the back of S3 and I'm already feeling the dread of only having 3 more season to go after this. Such a good show, and not at all what I expected it to be (so far). Really need Vince Gilligan to go ahead and create another show ASAP.
Finished BCS last night. Any chance while I was in my binge cave that Gilligan has announced a spin-off Kim Wexler series yet?
About to start S5 tonight. We binged Breaking Bad in July (yeah we were very late) and loved it.

But Better Call Saul is that much better…actually a lot better.

Last edited:
Stumbled across The League while browsing Hulu the other night and realized I'd never seen it. It's a little dated because of the players mentioned throughout but I'm almost through S1 and it's growing on me. It has a similar feel to IASIP Season 1 where it has funny moments but feels like it doesn't really have its footing yet. I think there's 7 seasons of it so it must have gotten better, but would love a little input from the group if anyone liked it (or didn't).

Stumbled across The League while browsing Hulu the other night and realized I'd never seen it. It's a little dated because of the players mentioned throughout but I'm almost through S1 and it's growing on me. It has a similar feel to IASIP Season 1 where it has funny moments but feels like it doesn't really have its footing yet. I think there's 7 seasons of it so it must have gotten better, but would love a little input from the group if anyone liked it (or didn't).
Oh I'm jealous you get to watch that for a first time. It's great. Really hits its stride in seasons 2-3.

Watched it when it first came out but missed the last 2-3 seasons. I liked it a lot,great characters and some very funny episodes.

Just finished S2 of Justified. I like it well enough but it's not great. Good enough to keep going though.

The Quarterback docuseries on Netflix is such a puff piece. I still enjoyed it. It's ok or good, not great. I'd prefer an HBO style series on what's said on the field and behind the scenes of the entire team but got what I expected from a Peyton Manning EP narrative.

I enjoyed the series. I have more respect for Mahomes and his "warrior" ethos, but I thought his wife was annoying. My biggest takeaway was that Cousins with his enormous salary would let his wife take the TRAIN from BWI (Baltimore airport) to their game in Washington!

It's really good and picks up steam in Season 2-3. I think it ran it's course and finished up about the right time as you can only use that schtick for so long. It was a very entertaining show and has elements/stereotypes of many of the leagues out there. Just well done overall.

The Bishop Sycamorr documentary on HBO is INSANE. Oh my god.
I feel like we only got 2% of the story on this one, but yeah it's pretty crazy that this went on for 3 years pretty much undetected. They made it out to look like Roy the coach is just an utter con artist (and he 99.999% probably is) but I don't think this is a case where one guy duped hundreds like the documentary would lead you to believe. It took a whole lot of looking the other way and keeping mouths shut to make this happen.

Andre is the unsung hero of that show
All I know is I get random cravings for pocket dogs.

Whenever something I eat sends me right to the bathroom I always yell out Yobagoya!
My college roommate bought a Mr. McGibblets costume that he wore to my bachelor party and will break out on Halloween. I also still sing "tickle me, and rub my belly" (while tickling them) to my kids and they love it.

Andre is the unsung hero of that show
All I know is I get random cravings for pocket dogs.

Whenever something I eat sends me right to the bathroom I always yell out Yobagoya!
My college roommate bought a Mr. McGibblets costume that he wore to my bachelor party and will break out on Halloween. I also still sing "tickle me, and rub my belly" (while tickling them) to my kids and they love it.

Taco's list of songs would make a great play list for before or after live drafts. There are some great ones in that group. Vaginal Hubris, The Birthday Song, I'm Inside Me, My Naginta, EBDBBnB Song, Yobogoya Song, Vinegar Strokes.....

ETA: Fear Boner is another good one. followed by Pete's little erectdick

Citadel (Prime)- B. Sexy people and interesting story but not high on the believability scale. Seemed like it was trying too hard, somehow. Would still watch a season 2.

Drops of God (Apple) B+. Fun as a wine lover. Goes back between 3 languages sometimes seemingly arbitrarily, which was strange. Satisfying conclusion.

Severance (Apple)- A-. Amazing concept. Sets up next season perfectly. Future answers may help but seemed too forcefully strange at times. Probably could have been trimmed by a couple hours.

Silo (Apple)- B. Another one that felt too long but held my interest. Will watch season 2. More questions than answers.

Only Murders in the Building (Hulu)- B+. Haven’t started season 3 yet. Love the interplay between the characters. Some eye rolling moments when characters do weird things (daughter missing, but sit down for a funny chat?)

Jack Ryan (Prime)- A-. been covered here a ton but overall a great series. Season 3 fell short.

The Bear- A-. Also covered here at length, it is so well done but so many parts hard to “enjoy” because of how manic a lot of it is. Enjoyed some of the slower episodes more. Characters feel very real.

Witcher (Netflix)- B+. Hard to believe they are losing Henry Cavill. Really enjoyed this as someone who played the games; but there are a lot of characters to keep track of. Starting to feel like they should wrap it up soon.

Ted Lasso (Apple)- A. A bit corny/cartoony at times but such a feel good show. So many characters to root for. Glad they didn’t force additional seasons.

Blackbird (Apple)- B. So well acted but somehow felt way too long even though it was only 6 episodes.

Shrinking (Apple)- A-. Lots of laughs, great cast.

Hijack (Apple)- B-. Don’t regret watching or anything but progressively more unbelievable as it went on. Had many chances to get back in the cockpit. Overly elaborate/contrived, including the ending.

Only Murders in the Building season 3 has so far not really lived up to the first two. The show is at its best when the trio are all together trying to solve the cases, and this season they kind of move away from that and it has suffered.

Meryl Streep, however, has been an absolute delight, no surprise there.

My daughter and I binged the live action One Piece this weekend. It must’ve been good for her to delay asking me to drive her back to campus (only about 20 minutes away, but still…)

New season of Ragnarok is out for anyone who watched the first two.

Currently also watching Lockwood and Co. as a filler NFL a takes up my screetime. It’s a little YA, but the overall setup, London basically overrun with ghosts and only teenagers can fight them, more or less, is actually not badly done.

Only Murders in the Building season 3 has so far not really lived up to the first two. The show is at its best when the trio are all together trying to solve the cases, and this season they kind of move away from that and it has suffered.

Meryl Streep, however, has been an absolute delight, no surprise there.
I'm not laughing nearly as much as I did for the first two seasons. But it is still holding my interest and Streep is great. This week's episode was the closest to the "trio bands together to work on the case" setup that we saw for most of the first two seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread