What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (4 Viewers)

Watching American Nightmare on NFLX.

I hope that couple sues law enforcement for a hundred billion dollars. What a bunch of incompetent, cocky, arrogant bullies.

NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER TALK TO LAW ENFORCEMENT WITHOUT AN ATTORNEY.

My god......I'm going to make sure all my kids know this. Call me first, don't talk to the cops. Ever.

So mad.

We're probably going to watch this tonight after football. A friend who watched it last night highly recommended it. I predict lots of Mr. krista yelling at the TV, based on your post.

You're going to love Aaron's defense attorneys. 12/10.

We were cracking up at Aaron's dude attorney. Loved them both. And it was nice to see one police "hero"(ine) in the end. I can't overstate how much I admire Denise.

Had any of you heard of this case? I was surprised I didn't remember it at all. Guess I don't watch enough Nancy Grace. :rolleyes:

I hope that couple sues law enforcement for a hundred billion dollars. What a bunch of incompetent, cocky, arrogant bullies.

My god......I'm going to make sure all my kids know this. Call me first, don't talk to the cops. Ever.

So mad.

We're probably going to watch this tonight after football. A friend who watched it last night highly recommended it. I predict lots of Mr. krista yelling at the TV, based on your post.

We were cracking up at Aaron's dude attorney. Loved them both. And it was nice to see one police "hero"(ine) in the end. I can't overstate how much I admire Denise.

Had any of you heard of this case? I was surprised I didn't remember it at all. Guess I don't watch enough Nancy Grace. :rolleyes:

My wife watches ALL the investigative reporting/news about murders shows (20/20, Dateline, etc.) in an attempt to perfect how she'll murder me and she said she remembers watching an episode somewhere that covered this story. However, neither of us remember it all from 2015. Granted, I'm a mini-GM and in 2015 I would have had four kids 11 and under in the house so I was probably watching some stupid kid movie or hiding in the basement drinking when this happened.

Last edited:

So mad.
Preach!
I certainly understand this advice, and mostly agree. But if you’re this guy and you want to help the police find your GF, are you really going to ask for a lawyer the first time the cops ask you what happened? In hindsight sure, but in the moment?

So mad.

I vaguely recall hearing something about a staged kidnapping. But, that's it.

I know this may sound odd, but when this stuff takes about most of one's own day I genuinely don't go seeking out news articles when about other matters I can't bill on.

So mad.
Preach!
I certainly understand this advice, and mostly agree. But if you’re this guy and you want to help the police find your GF, are you really going to ask for a lawyer the first time the cops ask you what happened? In hindsight sure, but in the moment?
No, of course not. I don't really blame the kid at all. He seemed genuinely confused as to whether the officer was actually trying to help him or not.

So mad.
Preach!
No, of course not. I don't really blame the kid at all. He seemed genuinely confused as to whether the officer was actually trying to help him or not.
Assuming you could keep your composure in that situation, which would be tough enough, I could see something like this: “ Look detective, I want to do everything I can to help you find Denise, but I know I’m automatically your #1 suspect, so the minute you start treating me like that, I’m asking for legal advice”.

So mad.
Preach!
Assuming you could keep your composure in that situation, which would be tough enough, I could see something like this: “ Look detective, I want to do everything I can to help you find Denise, but I know I’m automatically your #1 suspect, so the minute you start treating me like that, I’m asking for legal advice”.
Right. Of course, no "normal" person*" would be this savvy in an interrogation room, wearing jail garb, after the stress of being tied up and your significant other kidnapped.

*Even I concede that, the couple times I've been pulled over, it's tough to assert the right to remain silent. The times it's been a cop that I know, I'll usually joke with them that they know what I do and that "I need to do what I'd advise a client in this situation to do which is respectfully decline to answer your question designed to get an admission from me." But, if not, it's still somewhat nerve-racking even for somebody who is "the guy" best suited to handle the situation. Cops have a ton of power and authority.

For those of us who loved Reservation Dogs, they pretty much got the whole band back together for Echo. And it’s pretty good! I’ve pretty much abandoned the Marvel universe at this point, too, but gave this a shot because I like the street-level stuff still.

For those of us who loved Reservation Dogs, they pretty much got the whole band back together for Echo. And it’s pretty good! I’ve pretty much abandoned the Marvel universe at this point, too, but gave this a shot because I like the street-level stuff still.
I thought Echo was such a poor-quality production. Bad production, odd story, awful acting from top to bottom.
Anything that has Vincent D'Onofrio as a major player, out there over acting like he does starts with a bad review before the first episode airs. And this thing with the Michelin Man suit he was wearing looked clownish.

Fargo - Season 5
I really liked this season. I didn't think Juno Temple could pull the character off, but I thought she was fantastic & John Hamm was super!
The secondary characters took some getting used to, specifically Jennifer Jason Leigh. Such an odd portrayal, but you eventually come around on her when she comes around on "Dot".
The character of Ole Munch was the most interesting. I didn't care for the final scene in the series with them all basically holding hands singing kumbaya.

I will say, I have spent the last week, talking to my wife in that voice! "A man is hungry and needs the Tiger to make dinner".

Slow Horses - Season 3
I don't know a character on TV that I currently love more than Jackson Lamb. He's vulgar and the farting scenes are a bit dumb to me, but the rest of whatever he happens to be doing while on screen is fascinating. I also like the concept of a team of losers that have been suspended from whatever they're original job might have been, all end up at one off site location figuring it all out.

One predictable downside that I see consistently on British Crime shows, the villain nearly always turns out to be someone in a higher-level position of the Government or the Law Enforcement Agency. Whether it's a Prime Minister, or the second in command at MI5, or a local "bent copper" (to borrow a phrase from Tour of Duty)

Good Will Hunting (HBO Max)
I hadn't watched this movie since I originally saw it in the theater 25+ years ago.
I didn't like it then, but I have wanted to see it again because over the years I've heard others talk about how important it was and I recently listened to a podcast that broke down the whole movie.
So glad I took the time, because I loved it. I've never been a big fan of Robin Williams, but I thought he was spectacular in this. There was nothing over the top about his performance.
There were also a couple of great scenes with Damon where he flexes his brain power, one where he's in the bar verbally shredding the arrogant Harvard student. The other when he's defending himself in the court room hearing scene quoting cases with precedence from 18th century cases based in Boston. So good!

I thought Echo was such a poor-quality production. Bad production, odd story, awful acting from top to bottom.
Anything that has Vincent D'Onofrio as a major player, out there over acting like he does starts with a bad review before the first episode airs. And this thing with the Michelin Man suit he was wearing looked clownish.

Your face is a poor-quality production.

No argument from me.

four eyes and two mouths - I tend to agree.

Reacher season 2 about 5x better than season 1. Solid B to B plus

I really liked s1 also. :shrug:
Yeah I liked season one significantly better.

Wonder if this is going to turn into a "Leftovers" situation where I thought the first season was superior yet everybody else seems to like the later seasons more.

I'm regularly reading comparisons of the two shows.

Season 1 was enamored with "look how big he is" and "he's the smartest one in the room" - and the story was lacking.

Season 2 didn't play into that nearly as much and more than once Nealy was the smart one in the room.

I hadn't watched this movie since I originally saw it in the theater 25+ years ago.
I didn't like it then, but I have wanted to see it again because over the years I've heard others talk about how important it was and I recently listened to a podcast that broke down the whole movie.
So glad I took the time, because I loved it. I've never been a big fan of Robin Williams, but I thought he was spectacular in this. There was nothing over the top about his performance.
There were also a couple of great scenes with Damon where he flexes his brain power, one where he's in the bar verbally shredding the arrogant Harvard student. The other when he's defending himself in the court room hearing scene quoting cases with precedence from 18th century cases based in Boston. So good!
I mentioned I just watched it with my 16yo son, who loves it. Definitely holds up. Even Afleck was good... Pretending to be Damon at his interview 😆

Black Summer. Zombie apocalypse show on Netflix. It was released in 2019 but I came across it a week or so ago. Loved, loved, loved the hell out of it and binged both seasons. I've heard rumors both getting done and not of a 3rd season, so keeping my fingers crossed.
I'd say it's my 2nd favorite zombie content after 28 Days Later (which doesn't hold its power over time). That first episode mayhem was just so gripping, and while some of the episodes are a little silly (school, night club), I think it's great.

I think it's dead, but they haven't announced it.

Black Summer. Zombie apocalypse show on Netflix. It was released in 2019 but I came across it a week or so ago. Loved, loved, loved the hell out of it and binged both seasons. I've heard rumors both getting done and not of a 3rd season, so keeping my fingers crossed.

Does the story end reasonably well at the end of Season 2? I can't watch cancelled shows that never had their stories resolved.
It's a zombie show, so just assume everyone dies anyway - more seasons just delay it. In this case, since they made the crazy decision to make it a semi-prequel to the silly Z Nation, we know this is a long-term zombie thing - they aren't going to solve it at the CDC or anything. The show is about the chaos, not the story... but I do want a 3rd season.

I see Res Dogs actors everywhere now - it's cool. Echo, Letterkenny/Shoresy, Dark Winds, Outer Range, movies like Prey and Resolution, even the crazy Blood Quantum.

Does the story end reasonably well at the end of Season 2? I can't watch cancelled shows that never had their stories resolved.
It's a zombie show, so just assume everyone dies anyway - more seasons just delay it. In this case, since they made the crazy decision to make it a semi-prequel to the silly Z Nation, we know this is a long-term zombie thing - they aren't going to solve it at the CDC or anything. The show is about the chaos, not the story... but I do want a 3rd season.
Definitely want to see a 3rd, but it's going on 3 years and if they haven't decided let alone started S3 yet,might just as well fuhgettaboutit.
To SMans concern about the ending, I'm the same way. It's plenty satisfying if you know that it's not a dangling by the fingernails cliffhanger.

I'd say it's my 2nd favorite zombie content after 28 Days Later (which doesn't hold its power over time).

Based on your zombie expertise this is an amazing endorsement. Definitely going to the top of my watch list, although I watched a trailer and it basically looks like the first season of Fear the WD.

Black Summer is.......different. That said, as someone who has watched a lot of zombie stuff, I enjoyed it and really hope they do another season.

letterkenny may be the best thing i have ever watched im only two episodes in but my lady came into the room to ask what i was laughing so hard at i mean come on i expect rat *** will be the next one made me laugh so hard take that to the pitter patter lets get at er bank brochachos

I'd say it's my 2nd favorite zombie content after 28 Days Later (which doesn't hold its power over time).

Based on your zombie expertise this is an amazing endorsement. Definitely going to the top of my watch list, although I watched a trailer and it basically looks like the first season of Fear the WD.
I actually am a zombie expert of sorts. Personally I watch all zombie shows and movies and take copious notes. Way I see it, Uncle Sam trained me to deal with the Chinese or Ruskies invade us. But I'm on my own when the Zombie Apocalypse comes.

Here's a fun drinking game.
Watch "We Own This City" (HBO) and take a drink every time you see a secondary character from The Wire.
You won't get drunk, but you'll get a comfy buzz.

Reactions: Zow
Riffing off this post a bit, I've been trying to do something along these lines recently -- going back and watching films that I either skipped over or didn't "get" and never revisited. A few weeks ago, I watched Eyes Wide Shut for the second time ever and the first time in at least 20 years. I honestly don't recall when I saw this film previously, but I know I didn't like it. It's so much better now that I'm older and can relate to the material better. I also came into it with more of an open mind than I had before, and that helped me appreciate the storytelling more. It's more like a dark fairy tale than a thriller that's supposed to "click" together, which I completely missed at the time.

Is it my favorite Kubrick film? No. Is it Kubrick's best film? I don't think so. But there's a lot going on in this movie, and the way he chooses to tackle these issues is extremely interesting to me. So glad I gave this another chance.

More people should do this sort of thing. Tired of sequels, reboots, and superhero movies? Unless you are an absolute film junkie I guarantee you that you have a massive backlog that you don't even know about.

On a related note, my wife and I kind of randomly watched Smoky and the Bandit over the weekend. I don't think I had ever seen that movie before ever, and she hadn't seen in since she was a kid. Now obviously this is not Citizen Kane or Rashomon. It's just a fun little movie about a couple of guys trying to transport beer across state lines. But everything about it feels like a throwback to a more wholesome era.

For example, anybody who watches this movie will quickly realize that the plot only exists to give the filmmakers an excuse to put Burt Reynolds and Sally Field on screen as much as possible. That's what audiences were there to see, along with the occasional car chase. The two of them sparkle with sex every time they appear on screen, but this movie would easily get a PG rating today, or maybe PG-13 if you factor in some implied violence. Burt Reynolds is not ripped, he does not have a six-pack, and he's not on HGH. Honestly, he doesn't look like he's ever seen the inside of a gym. At most, Burt Reynolds looks like he has a set of free weights out in his garage, and he lifts a few days a week accompanied by a can of beer and a cigarette like God intended. Sally Field has not had plastic surgery, wears minimal makeup, dresses like a normal person (not on her way to a club or porno shoot), and is an absolute smokeshow.

It really drives home the unrealistic body images presented to us today. Reynolds, James Caan, Sean Connery, etc. all just look like regular guys. It's refreshing.

Talk about HGH, Jackie Gleason pumps Smokey and the Bandit to the stratosphere. He's hilarious!
Buford T. Justice: There is no way, NO way that you came from my loins. The first thing I'm gonna do when I get home is punch your momma in the mouth. 🤣
My favorite part is the part where the sheriff's car gets forced under a semi and the whole top of the car is just shaved off. I was literally crying at the thought of audiences being like Hahaha those guys almost got violently decapitated over a truckload of Coors beer take that you stupid sheriff!!!1! :lmao::lmao::lmao: The stakes are so incredibly low yet everybody is super earnest, as if they're trying to escort the president out of occupied New York.

Talk about HGH, Jackie Gleason pumps Smokey and the Bandit to the stratosphere. He's hilarious!
Buford T. Justice: There is no way, NO way that you came from my loins. The first thing I'm gonna do when I get home is punch your momma in the mouth. 🤣
My favorite part is the part where the sheriff's car gets forced under a semi and the whole top of the car is just shaved off. I was literally crying at the thought of audiences being like Hahaha those guys almost got violently decapitated over a truckload of Coors beer take that you stupid sheriff!!!1! :lmao::lmao::lmao:The stakes are so incredibly low yet everybody is super earnest, as if they're trying to escort the president out of occupied New York.
This is my favorite scene in the movie.

So mad.

There was another true crime TV doc about this recently, which is where I first heard about it. Unless this one is older and I've already seen it and forgotten...

Riffing off this post a bit, I've been trying to do something along these lines recently -- going back and watching films that I either skipped over or didn't "get" and never revisited. A few weeks ago, I watched Eyes Wide Shut for the second time ever and the first time in at least 20 years. I honestly don't recall when I saw this film previously, but I know I didn't like it. It's so much better now that I'm older and can relate to the material better. I also came into it with more of an open mind than I had before, and that helped me appreciate the storytelling more. It's more like a dark fairy tale than a thriller that's supposed to "click" together, which I completely missed at the time.

Is it my favorite Kubrick film? No. Is it Kubrick's best film? I don't think so. But there's a lot going on in this movie, and the way he chooses to tackle these issues is extremely interesting to me. So glad I gave this another chance.

More people should do this sort of thing. Tired of sequels, reboots, and superhero movies? Unless you are an absolute film junkie I guarantee you that you have a massive backlog that you don't even know about.

I'd be on board with theaters constantly running 1-2 of these types of movies. I do see it sometimes here, but it's usually a holiday thing (Die Hard was in the theater here for Christmas.....).

You know, randomly throw out Matrix, Star Wars, Jaws, Pulp Fiction, One Flew over the Cuckoos nest.........................I realize this isnt a great list, just spitballing while at work.

On a related note, my wife and I kind of randomly watched Smoky and the Bandit over the weekend. I don't think I had ever seen that movie before ever, and she hadn't seen in since she was a kid. Now obviously this is not Citizen Kane or Rashomon. It's just a fun little movie about a couple of guys trying to transport beer across state lines. But everything about it feels like a throwback to a more wholesome era.

For example, anybody who watches this movie will quickly realize that the plot only exists to give the filmmakers an excuse to put Burt Reynolds and Sally Field on screen as much as possible. That's what audiences were there to see, along with the occasional car chase. The two of them sparkle with sex every time they appear on screen, but this movie would easily get a PG rating today, or maybe PG-13 if you factor in some implied violence. Burt Reynolds is not ripped, he does not have a six-pack, and he's not on HGH. Honestly, he doesn't look like he's ever seen the inside of a gym. At most, Burt Reynolds looks like he has a set of free weights out in his garage, and he lifts a few days a week accompanied by a can of beer and a cigarette like God intended. Sally Field has not had plastic surgery, wears minimal makeup, dresses like a normal person (not on her way to a club or porno shoot), and is an absolute smokeshow.

It really drives home the unrealistic body images presented to us today. Reynolds, James Caan, Sean Connery, etc. all just look like regular guys. It's refreshing.

Smokey and the Bandit is awesome. And there could be an awesome remake with Matthew McConaughey as the Bandit smuggling weed into Georgia and Snoop as Cledus.

letterkenny may be the best thing i have ever watched im only two episodes in but my lady came into the room to ask what i was laughing so hard at i mean come on i expect rat *** will be the next one made me laugh so hard take that to the pitter patter lets get at er bank brochachos
We watched the 1st 2 episodes last night. I’m not sure exactly wtf is going on but I laughed pretty hard

You should have done a double feature with Cannonball Run. I have been meaning to revisit that as well. I might have to search out Smoky too.

Users who are viewing this thread