What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (3 Viewers)

man, the content out right now is underwhelming

thinking about doing another round of Andor or GOT out of boredom

Last edited:
Masters of the air episode 1 is out, it’s stunningly beautiful and has had some powerful moments already. I didn’t realize Barry Keoghan is in it, made me think of zoolander and the “that hansel is so hot right now” line.

Episode 3 is amazing, very brutal and accurate depiction of the air war. Some surprise deaths early on. Also some branching of the narrative and changing the structure of the story which makes sense. Given the nature of the warfare and the massive casualties (minor spoiler, but the odds of making 25 missions and going home like what was depicted in Memphis Belle was something like around a 25% chance. The 100th they are focusing on was one of the hardest hit squadrons in the entire war too.) So they won’t be able to stick to a straightforward, follow the progression of the war type story like Band of Brothers. Interested to see how they fill out the other episodes.

I liked The Diplomat but not enough to watch another season.
I barely made it through the first episode of The Night Agent

Griselda Netflix.

6/10. Just doesn't hold up in the genre compared to shows that have come before it. Sofia Vergara just can't quite rise to the demands of the role. In fairness, the writing didn't do her any favours. Struggled to finish it.

When is the new season for “The Night Agent” coming back on?
I was wondering about that one and "The Diplomat" as well
I enjoyed The Diplomat and am looking forward to season two.

The Night Agent is like the Nickelback of TV shows for me...
I liked the night agent so much I watched the first season again. Looking forward to season two.

Griselda Netflix.

6/10. Just doesn't hold up in the genre compared to shows that have come before it. Sofia Vergara just can't quite rise to the demands of the role. In fairness, the writing didn't do her any favours. Struggled to finish it.
2 episodes in and liking it quite a bit. Tough getting past Gloria from Modern Family but i think she's doing a good job.

Griselda Netflix.

2 episodes in and liking it quite a bit. Tough getting past Gloria from Modern Family but i think she's doing a good job.
We just finished it up last night. I thought it was good. Not great but worth watching.

Griselda Netflix.

We just finished it up last night. I thought it was good. Not great but worth watching.
We did too. It was kinda meh for me. I feel like Vergara miscast herself as the lead... From her physique, even with the prosthetic honker, but especially her portrayal which came across as always running scared instead of soul-eating.

Just finished Griselda. Not bad. Lots of Spanish but they show subtitles. Much more entertaining than True Detective.

I finished Suits this week.
Started off pretty good then it got tiring with the same situations over and over again. The last season was a decent send off.

Started off pretty good then it got tiring with the same situations over and over again. The last season was a decent send off.
My wife’s favorite series in 2023. I liked Harvey and Lewis the best. Mike’s character not as much. Jessica’s character not so much. Hardman is a good villain.

My wife’s favorite series in 2023. I liked Harvey and Lewis the best. Mike’s character not as much. Jessica’s character not so much. Hardman is a good villain.
Lewis grew on me and really enjoyed him by the end of the series.
I agree, Hardmann was a good villain.

I rewatched Mare of Easttown (MAX).
I had a general memory of the story but I couldn't remember the details and left me feeling like I was watching it for the first time.
I would hate to label it as a depressing story and lead people to not want to watch it but it did have a bit of a depressing tone...... but gosh dang if it wasn't brilliant story telling!
And Kate Winslet put on a performance that made you believe she was living this life out before your eyes. She was so great in this!!

I had a general memory of the story but I couldn't remember the details and left me feeling like I was watching it for the first time.
I would hate to label it as a depressing story and lead people to not want to watch it but it did have a bit of a depressing tone...... but gosh dang if it wasn't brilliant story telling!
And Kate Winslet put on a performance that made you believe she was living this life out before your eyes. She was so great in this!!
Murder de durder

Started off pretty good then it got tiring with the same situations over and over again.
Totally agree with this sentiment. There were times where you were just like, "come on. this again" It was like it was a season or two too long as the beats of every show became very repetitive. Still entertaining but lost a little of the freshness.

Murder de durder
I had to Google this. So glad I did! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Griselda Netflix.

We did too. It was kinda meh for me. I feel like Vergara miscast herself as the lead... From her physique, even with the prosthetic honker, but especially her portrayal which came across as always running scared instead of soul-eating.
I enjoyed Narcos and Narcos Mexico, so this is qued up for later. At first glance, I am skeptical with Vergara doing such a vicious role. I'll watch with open mind.

I'm a sucker for mob story lines and the yakuza do not disappoint.
Seen Warrior? Three good seasons but appears season 4 is, at best, in question since MAX cancelled the show. Netflix may pick it up.

Got the message that Warrior's existing seasons will be coming to Netflix in on the 19th. Still not sure if they will make new seasons, so ...

Watch this show. It's bad###. It's Bruce Lee's unfulfilled dream project, which should be enough. It's a historical drama about organized crime, mob wars corrupt cops, immigration, and more in turn of the century San Francisco. There are brothels and opium dens. There are crazy kung fu scenes set to crazy Chinese hip-hop. There is tons of violence. I'm talking myself into a rewatch just writing this

Should I start Suits? My 20 year old daughter loves it and says I would too.
Definitely should watch it. It's very entertaining and it's an easy watch.
Just please don't ever expect any lawyer to do anything like they do in this show ever.

I ****ing hate this show for this reason.
Wait, that isn't real lawyering?
You'd be surprised how many people/clients think it is.
Do they also think Saul Goodman is real lawyering?

I'm a sucker for mob story lines and the yakuza do not disappoint.
Seen Warrior? Three good seasons but appears season 4 is, at best, in question since MAX cancelled the show. Netflix may pick it up.

Got the message that Warrior's existing seasons will be coming to Netflix in on the 19th. Still not sure if they will make new seasons, so ...

Watch this show. It's bad###. It's Bruce Lee's unfulfilled dream project, which should be enough. It's a historical drama about organized crime, mob wars corrupt cops, immigration, and more in turn of the century San Francisco. There are brothels and opium dens. There are crazy kung fu scenes set to crazy Chinese hip-hop. There is tons of violence. I'm talking myself into a rewatch just writing this
Nice. Hadnt heard of this. Thanks. Definitely will watch when and if it hits Netflix.

Short story. When I clicked on what this was about it reminded me of the following story:

I worked Bureau of Prisons for a decade. For a three month span I would always PAT search this old Asian guy every morning after breakfast. Every morning he would steal 5 or more bananas. I would take them. We never spoke. I just took his bananas. Every morning. I was at home watching that old show Gangland. The episode was the Deadly Triangle and it was basically about the Chinese Triads in San Francisco. One of the primary leaders, I won't say who, was in the episode. That leader was this guy I kept taking his bananas from. I stopped taking his bananas. Ha ha

Watched fool me once. I mean decent. The detective was a cool character I thought. Ended OK..
As someone said above, the pickins are kinda meh right now so I am re-watching the Last Kingdom. Liking it as much the second time around as the first

Users who are viewing this thread