What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Subscriber Contest to be Unveiled by Wednesday Morning (2 Viewers)

I feel like I am completely lost this year. I had a pretty good year last time, but just feel that I cannot put together much of a squad this year.

I guess I will be the first to post my team, so here goes.

Feel free to laugh, critique or give advice on what I need to work on.

QB - Andrew Luck - IND/8 - $16

QB - Philip Rivers - SD/8 - $11

QB - Blaine Gabbert - JAX/9 - $4

RB - Doug Martin - TB/5 - $34

RB - Frank Gore - SF/9 - $20

RB - Bryce Brown - PHI/12 - $11

RB - Ronnie Hillman - DEN/9 - $11

WR - Calvin Johnson - DET/9 - $31

WR - Wes Welker - DEN/9 - $19

WR - Justin Blackmon - JAX/9 - $11

WR - Rueben Randle - NYG/9 - $8

WR - Brandon LaFell - CAR/4 - $7

TE - Tony Gonzalez - ATL/6 - $21

TE - Owen Daniels - HOU/8 - $14

TE - Zach Miller - SEA/12 - $6

PK - Stephen Gostkowski - NE/10 - $5

PK - Garrett Hartley - NO/7 - $4

PK - Kai Forbath - WAS/5 - $3

TD - Seattle Seahawks - SEA/12 - $6

TD - Baltimore Ravens - BAL/8 - $4

TD - Arizona Cardinals - ARI/9 - $4
Little thin at RB and WR looks good if everyone stays healthy.
You should definitely go with this line up; I wouldn't change a thing.
Looks like a winner to me as well.

You guys are mean. Chocula, might want to pay attention to the bye weeks. Particularly week 9.
I assumed that seeing how he said he had a pretty good year last year that he wasn't new to this and knew somewhat what he was doing. I thought maybe his week 9 bye problems were being sarcastic.

I feel like I am completely lost this year. I had a pretty good year last time, but just feel that I cannot put together much of a squad this year.

I guess I will be the first to post my team, so here goes.

Feel free to laugh, critique or give advice on what I need to work on.

QB - Philip Rivers - SD/8 - $11

QB - Blaine Gabbert - JAX/9 - $4

RB - Doug Martin - TB/5 - $34

RB - Frank Gore - SF/9 - $20

RB - Bryce Brown - PHI/12 - $11

RB - Ronnie Hillman - DEN/9 - $11

WR - Calvin Johnson - DET/9 - $31

WR - Wes Welker - DEN/9 - $19

WR - Justin Blackmon - JAX/9 - $11

WR - Rueben Randle - NYG/9 - $8

WR - Brandon LaFell - CAR/4 - $7

TE - Tony Gonzalez - ATL/6 - $21

TE - Owen Daniels - HOU/8 - $14

TE - Zach Miller - SEA/12 - $6

PK - Stephen Gostkowski - NE/10 - $5

PK - Kai Forbath - WAS/5 - $3

TD - Seattle Seahawks - SEA/12 - $6

TD - Baltimore Ravens - BAL/8 - $4

TD - Arizona Cardinals - ARI/9 - $4
About time somebody showed a rooster. I give you almost no chance to get past week 8.

This year I'm not liking the cost/upside benefit of any of the RB's, WR's or TE's below $10. It's looking like I could end up with a very small roster and hope for the best with injuries and week 10-11 byes. I'm planning on 2 of my 4 horses at RB to flex most non-bye weeks but who knows... I don't remember having problems finding low $$$ guys I was comfortable taking a shot on in previous years. This year it's going to be go big or go home for me...

Current roster:

QB - 2 @ $33

RB - 4 @ $95

WR - 5 @ 65

TE - 2 @ $39

K - 3 @ $9

DEF - 3 @ $9

This year I'm not liking the cost/upside benefit of any of the RB's, WR's or TE's below $10. It's looking like I could end up with a very small roster and hope for the best with injuries and week 10-11 byes. I'm planning on 2 of my 4 horses at RB to flex most non-bye weeks but who knows... I don't remember having problems finding low $$$ guys I was comfortable taking a shot on in previous years. This year it's going to be go big or go home for me...

Current roster:

QB - 2 @ $33

RB - 4 @ $95

WR - 5 @ 65

TE - 2 @ $39

K - 3 @ $9

DEF - 3 @ $9
I agree with RBs and TEs value kind of hard to find anyone that I would roster under $10,but I think there are a lot of choices at WR.

QB: 3 @ $36

RB: 5 @ $74

WR: 6 @ $95

TE: 3 @ $27

PK: 3 @ $9

DEF: 3 @ $9

Total: 23 @ $250

Hate going 3QB, but a couple of ones I REALLY like at their price have the same bye week. May Will probably modify it later. :)

I'm feeling exposed @WR but can't seem to fix it. I don't want to give up studs at other positions

So far:

QB 2 @ 34

RB 6 @ 89

WR 8 @ 59

TE 5 @ 49

K 3 @ 10

D 3 @ 9

I have 0 studs at WR

gagull said:
I'm feeling exposed @WR but can't seem to fix it. I don't want to give up studs at other positions

So far:

QB 2 @ 34

RB 6 @ 89

WR 8 @ 59

TE 5 @ 49

K 3 @ 10

D 3 @ 9

I have 0 studs at WR
The only problem I see with going with 0 studs in a position is that you will have a lot of 10 to 15 point games. The higher end if they score a touchdown. Your team should be consistent in that range with 8 WRs and enough to move your team fairly deep, but you will be lacking the big 20+ games you could get with having a couple studs at each position. Maybe you will get enough points from the other positions to make up for this, but I don't think it is the best way to maximize your weekly points.

I think im done with 27 players unless there is an injury. Most of money was spent at RB.

My first team had 18 players....worked it all the way up to 27 after a few times tinkering with things....and now back down to 20.

QB 2 @ 28

RB 4 @ 92

WR 6 @ 82

TE 3 @ 29

K 3 @ 9

DEF 2 @ 10

1 injury at the wrong time will kill this team.

With the caveat that much can (and will) change in the next two weeks of Pre-Season games, I think a few players that will be on a whole bunch of rosters include:

Eddie Lacy

Kenbrell Thompkins

EJ Manuel

Mike Vick

Julius Thomas

T Eifert

With the caveat that much can (and will) change in the next two weeks of Pre-Season games, I think a few players that will be on a whole bunch of rosters include:

Eddie Lacy ----> Injury history and percieved competition for carries might make people shy away

Kenbrell Thompkins---->Agreed....hard to pass up $2 price tag

EJ Manuel----> His injury and not being named the starter will hurt his numbers

Mike Vick ----> Named the starter, but counting on him to stay healthy is the big question with Vick. Boom or Bust...but good value for that.

Julius Thomas----> Agreed....hard to pass up $2 price tag

T Eifert----> Maybe...will need to get on the field and make a few catches in the pre-season to make his numbers spike.

....and I started over. Sigh.

QB: 2 @ $25

RB: 5 @ $84

WR: 8 @ $99

TE: 4 @ $30

PK: 2 @ $6

DEF: 2 @ $6

Total: 23 Players

QB 1 @ $28

RB 3 @ $84

WR 8 @ $100

TE 2 @ $25

K 2 @ $7

D 2 @ $6

Switching it up this year. Always went with a mid-size rooster and my mid-tier guys would always under produce. Going with studs and a thin lineup this year. Pretty obvious who the QB is. He's got an early bye so hopefully there is enough dead weight kicking around that I'll sneak through with the 0 at QB. No point in taking a backup as I'm toast anyway if he gets injured.

QB 1 @ $28

RB 3 @ $84

WR 8 @ $100

TE 2 @ $25

K 2 @ $7

D 2 @ $6

Switching it up this year. Always went with a mid-size rooster and my mid-tier guys would always under produce. Going with studs and a thin lineup this year. Pretty obvious who the QB is. He's got an early bye so hopefully there is enough dead weight kicking around that I'll sneak through with the 0 at QB. No point in taking a backup as I'm toast anyway if he gets injured.
If you are going to go with one QB, this is the year to do it. Stud QB with an early bye week. Thought about doing this as well...but decided to go with two qb's for the same price.

QB 1 @ $28

RB 3 @ $84

WR 8 @ $100

TE 2 @ $25

K 2 @ $7

D 2 @ $6

If you are going to go with one QB, this is the year to do it. Stud QB with an early bye week. Thought about doing this as well...but decided to go with two qb's for the same price.
I've been flipping back and forth on it more than anything. QBs are pretty cheap this year which really helps the argument for a taking a pair of them.

QB 1 @ $28

RB 3 @ $84

WR 8 @ $100

TE 2 @ $25

K 2 @ $7

D 2 @ $6

Hate to offer advice to the enemy, but it occurs to me that you could just take one $10 WR off that list and get yourself a backup QB. Small price to pay for the highest-scoring position.

First year giving this a try.

QB - 2 - $24

RB - 3 - $91

WR - 5 - $88

TE - 4 - $33

K - 2 - $6

D - 2 - $8

Total: 18

QB 1 @ $28

RB 3 @ $84

WR 8 @ $100

TE 2 @ $25

K 2 @ $7

D 2 @ $6

Hate to offer advice to the enemy, but it occurs to me that you could just take one $10 WR off that list and get yourself a backup QB. Small price to pay for the highest-scoring position.
Yes but it is doubtful that that guy is going to be relevant. If stud qb gets hurt $10 guy isn't likely leading a team to victory. The $10 wr has a very good chance at being a flex play any given week and/or a wr. Whereas the backup qb might score a couple times a year at best.

If I was going to spend that $38 on two qbs, I'd take two guys in the $18-20 range. Nothing wrong with going that route and I'll probably change back and forth between it and this a few dozen times before this thing is final.

Eh, what the hell. If someone want's to copy my POS roster, God bless 'em:

QB - Michael Vick - PHI/12 - $9
RB - LeSean McCoy - PHI/12 - $27
RB - Matt Forte - CHI/8 - $26
RB - Stevan Ridley - NE/10 - $21
RB - Giovani Bernard - CIN/12 - $16
WR - Brandon Marshall - CHI/8 - $27
WR - Reggie Wayne - IND/8 - $19
WR - Dwayne Bowe - KC/10 - $19
WR - Eric Decker - DEN/9 - $18
WR - DeSean Jackson - PHI/12 - $16
WR - Kenbrell Thompkins - NE/10 - $2
TE - Jordan Cameron - CLE/10 - $12
TE - Zach Ertz - PHI/12 - $7
TE - Julius Thomas - DEN/9 - $2
PK - Mason Crosby - GB/4 - $3
TD - Philadelphia Eagles - PHI/12 - $3
TD - Washington Redskins - WAS/5 - $3

Still tweaking as I'm on the fence with Vick. I'll probably add another cheap DEF as well since I generally like to have three of them. Also on the fence at to which NE RB I'll take.

QB: 1 - $28

RB: 5 - $90

WR: 6 - $60

TE: 3 - $56

K: 2 - $9

DEF: 3 - $10

Probably needs more tinkering. Smallest I've ever done though.

So I was looking at the weekly cutoff marks while considering, amongst other things, bye weeks. I broke it down to percentage advanced per week.

% advance

1 20000 ???

2 16000 80.00%

3 13000 81.25%

4 11000 84.62%

5 9000 81.82%

6 7000 77.78%

7 5500 78.57%

8 4250 77.27%

9 3250 76.47%

10 2500 76.92%

11 1750 70.00%

12 1000 57.14%

13 500 50.00%

14 250 50.00%

Week 4 looks like a great week to have a bunch of byes, but there doesn't seem to be much value from either GB or Car except maybe Lacy. Week 12 is what scares me; that's a huge drop in percentage. Even with the reduced salaries, I can't imagine I'll have many players with week 12 byes on my roster.

This is my first subscriber contest and it's a lot of fun. My roster composition at the moment is a lot different from most of those posted; I haven't decided if that's a good thing or a bad thing..

Last edited by a moderator:
Deranged Hermit said:
Eh, what the hell. If someone want's to copy my POS roster, God bless 'em:

QB - Michael Vick - PHI/12 - $9

RB - LeSean McCoy - PHI/12 - $27

RB - Matt Forte - CHI/8 - $26

RB - Stevan Ridley - NE/10 - $21

RB - Giovani Bernard - CIN/12 - $16

WR - Brandon Marshall - CHI/8 - $27

WR - Reggie Wayne - IND/8 - $19

WR - Dwayne Bowe - KC/10 - $19

WR - Eric Decker - DEN/9 - $18

WR - DeSean Jackson - PHI/12 - $16

WR - Kenbrell Thompkins - NE/10 - $2

TE - Jordan Cameron - CLE/10 - $12

TE - Zach Ertz - PHI/12 - $7

TE - Julius Thomas - DEN/9 - $2

PK - Mason Crosby - GB/4 - $3

TD - Philadelphia Eagles - PHI/12 - $3

TD - Washington Redskins - WAS/5 - $3

Still tweaking as I'm on the fence with Vick. I'll probably add another cheap DEF as well since I generally like to have three of them. Also on the fence at to which NE RB I'll take.
Not a bad roster at all. I will be along similar lines, but I have a few different WR targets and I don't like the price on Forte.

Users who are viewing this thread