What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Subscriber Playoff Contest is LIVE (1 Viewer)

Lunatic

This entry is still alive.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tom Brady $33 0.00
Rob Gronkowski $30 0.00

C.J. Anderson $20 0.00

Antonio Brown $25 0.00

Aaron Rodgers $30 0.00
Eddie Lacy $18 0.00
Jordy Nelson $22 0.00
Randall Cobb $21 0.00

DeMarco Murray $23 0.00
Dez Bryant $28 0.00

Lets go Pats/Pack Superbowl! Looking for Tone, Dez, and Murray to get me through this week... Week 2 should be fine. And need Den to beat Indy/Cinc so I get some wk 3 help from CJ. Good luck fellas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lunatic

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tom Brady $33 0.00

Rob Gronkowski $30 0.00

C.J. Anderson $20 0.00

Antonio Brown $25 0.00

Aaron Rodgers $30 0.00

Eddie Lacy $18 0.00

Jordy Nelson $22 0.00

Randall Cobb $21 0.00

DeMarco Murray $23 0.00

Dez Bryant $28 0.00

Lets go Pats/Pack Superbowl! Looking for Tone, Dez, and Murray to get me through this week... Week 2 should be fine. And need Den to beat Indy/Cinc so I get some wk 3 help from CJ. Good luck fellas.
What about week 4…the money round?

Lunatic

Tom Brady $33 0.00

Rob Gronkowski $30 0.00

C.J. Anderson $20 0.00

Antonio Brown $25 0.00

Aaron Rodgers $30 0.00

Eddie Lacy $18 0.00

Jordy Nelson $22 0.00

Randall Cobb $21 0.00

DeMarco Murray $23 0.00

Dez Bryant $28 0.00

What about week 4…the money round?
Best case scenario he has 6 players. Not enough to win it, but hey, he got there (maybe). Good enough for an "attaboy"

The challenge is to a) get the right teams in the SB b) have the greatest number of players in the SB and c) scoring just enough points to get through the first two rounds.

The challenge is to a) get the right teams in the SB b) have the greatest number of players in the SB and c) scoring just enough points to get through the first two rounds.
I'm glad it isn't written clearly like this in the rules

I think people basing things off of last years results are going to be in trouble, as the pricing is significantly different. That will definitely change cut lines and number of players teams having going in the Super Bowl. Last year we had teams with 14,13,12,etc. That will be very hard to do this year and actually have enough to get to the Super Bowl.

Also I notice a lot of people saying they have like 12 guys for the Super Bowl but like 5 of them may be guys who haven't scored in weeks like Starks, Bolden, Turbin, etc. I only have 8 going for the Super Bowl if my teams make it, but almost all are studs.

I didn't realize I was posting anything either new or controversial. The fact of the matter is that people with more players and or more dollars invested that make it to the super bowl will have a greater chance of winning. Basic math will tell us that.

Looking for a Cowboys/Patriots SB, with 12 players from those teams. I'm counting on two Cowboys, plus Sanu, Herron, Moncrief, and D-Will getting me to the Divisional round.

I like my chances if the Boys/Pats SB comes true. Just no Gronk.

Tom Brady $33
LeGarrette Blount $13
Shane Vereen $10
Jonas Gray $2
Brandon LaFell $20
Julian Edelman $15
New England Patriots $13

Jacob Tamme $4

Daniel Herron $15
Donte Moncrief $6

Mohamed Sanu $8

Tony Romo $32
DeMarco Murray $23
Dez Bryant $28
Terrance Williams $12
Dallas Cowboys $12

DeAngelo Williams $4

:thumbup: :boxing:

Looking for a Cowboys/Patriots SB, with 12 players from those teams. I'm counting on two Cowboys, plus Sanu, Herron, Moncrief, and D-Will getting me to the Divisional round.

Tom Brady $33

LeGarrette Blount $13

Shane Vereen $10

Jonas Gray $2

Brandon LaFell $20

Julian Edelman $15

New England Patriots $13

Jacob Tamme $4

Daniel Herron $15

Donte Moncrief $6

Mohamed Sanu $8

Tony Romo $32

DeMarco Murray $23

Dez Bryant $28

Terrance Williams $12

Dallas Cowboys $12

DeAngelo Williams $4

I should have gone this route. Nicely done.

I didn't realize I was posting anything either new or controversial. The fact of the matter is that people with more players and or more dollars invested that make it to the super bowl will have a greater chance of winning. Basic math will tell us that.
Not controversial or new.

Obvious is the correct word.

BAT1man said:

Tom Brady $33

LeGarrette Blount $13

Shane Vereen $10

Jonas Gray $2

Brandon LaFell $20

Julian Edelman $15

New England Patriots $13

Jacob Tamme $4

Daniel Herron $15

Donte Moncrief $6

Mohamed Sanu $8

Tony Romo $32

DeMarco Murray $23

Dez Bryant $28

Terrance Williams $12

Dallas Cowboys $12

DeAngelo Williams $4

I did something similar:Tom Brady $33

Jonas Gray $2

Brandon LaFell $20

Rob Gronkowski $30

Stephen Gostkowski $15

New England Patriots $13

Steve Smith $13

Tony Romo $32

DeMarco Murray $23

Joseph Randle $6

Lance Dunbar $2

Terrance Williams $12

Gavin Escobar $4

Dan Bailey $14

DeAngelo Williams $4

Kelvin Benjamin $16

Carolina Panthers $11

BAT1man said:

Tom Brady $33

LeGarrette Blount $13

Shane Vereen $10

Jonas Gray $2

Brandon LaFell $20

Julian Edelman $15

New England Patriots $13

Jacob Tamme $4

Daniel Herron $15

Donte Moncrief $6

Mohamed Sanu $8

Tony Romo $32

DeMarco Murray $23

Dez Bryant $28

Terrance Williams $12

Dallas Cowboys $12

DeAngelo Williams $4

I did something similar:Tom Brady $33

Jonas Gray $2

Brandon LaFell $20

Rob Gronkowski $30

Stephen Gostkowski $15

New England Patriots $13

Steve Smith $13

Tony Romo $32

DeMarco Murray $23

Joseph Randle $6

Lance Dunbar $2

Terrance Williams $12

Gavin Escobar $4

Dan Bailey $14

DeAngelo Williams $4

Kelvin Benjamin $16

Carolina Panthers $11
Tom Brady $33

Legarrette Blount $13

Shane Vereen $10

Jonas Gray $2

Rob Gronkowski $30

Tony Romo $32

Joseph Randle $6

Dez Bryant $28

Terrance Williams $12

Jason Witten $17

Dan Bailey $14

Philly Brown $6

Ed Dickson $3

Paul Richardson $10

Steven Hauschka $12

Richard Rodgers $7

Markus Wheaton $9

Ronnie Hillman $4

Juwan Thompson $2

identikit said:
Anarchy99 said:
Not controversial or new.

Obvious is the correct word.
Exactly. No knock on Anarchy at all

Seems like every FBG playoff contest email I got talked about a $200 entry fee this year.

So #^*$%^ awesome that I missed out on this :kicksrock:

54.65 and done.

I don't think that'll be enough.

Will suck if 62.75 would be enough (Fozzy/Dickson instread of Fells).

:scared: :bag:

-QG

Going to easily hit the cut this week. Almost every "peripheral player" I chose to get me through scored this week....

...unfortunately I also picked the wrong team from the AFC to keep advancing, so it isn't going to matter. :( May make one more cut, with my bye week teams being added to the mix now, but that's as far as it'll go.

Oh, well. Was fun while it lasted this year.

52.6 points. Afraid it's not going to be good enough.

Got nothing from Dunbar, Jaron Brown and Philly Brown leaving early hurt.

BAT1man said:

Tom Brady $33

LeGarrette Blount $13

Shane Vereen $10

Jonas Gray $2

Brandon LaFell $20

Julian Edelman $15

New England Patriots $13

Jacob Tamme $4

Daniel Herron $15

Donte Moncrief $6

Mohamed Sanu $8

Tony Romo $32

DeMarco Murray $23

Dez Bryant $28

Terrance Williams $12

Dallas Cowboys $12

DeAngelo Williams $4

I think I scored 98.0 this week, and only lost one guy.

See you next week! :thumbup: :boxing:

In at 71. Would have had 113 if I hadn't made the last minute changes. :kicksrock:

ETA: Forgot about Hill.

I decided this morning that the Bengals would lose but of course too late to ignore the anti Colts hype entering the weekend. Also put my eggs in Pitt surviving Bal and then upsetting Den with Bell back ...best laid plans ... I'll get through this week but probably won't get to dance in the Superbowl even if the Cowboys/Pats do meet. Hope Philly Brown plays and Anderson and Lynch both miss time ...

Tom Brady $33 0.00
LeGarrette Blount $13 0.00
Jonas Gray $2 0.00
Julian Edelman $15 0.00
Rob Gronkowski $30 0.00

Ronnie Hillman $4 0.00

Antonio Brown $25 0.00
Martavis Bryant $12 0.00

Jeremy Hill $13 0.00
Giovani Bernard $10 0.00

Robert Turbin $4 0.00

Tony Romo $32 0.00
DeMarco Murray $23 0.00
Dez Bryant $28 0.00

Philly Brown $6 0.00

looks like 70.25

Luck, Herron, G. Olsen, G. Tate ony four to count

J. Randle wasted pick, figured he would have gotten 3-4 points and maybe a lucky td

if I make it, will have 6 counting for next week, then need Carolina upset and Indy upset

I remember when this had way more entries than this year and players were a lot cheaper. With only 4710 entries, of which I think I counted at least 10 FBG staff entries, which leaves around 700 entries to be cut. That's < 15% of the field. My guess is that the cut line will be low, like below 30 pts, due to the low amount of entries and the high salary pricing, and also based on a relatively low scoring week in general. A QB and another decent player should be good enough.

I made it through with my 11 player NE/GB superbowl team. However, with Detroit and Pittsburgh not advancing, I don't think I'll survive next week:

Tom Brady $33 0.00
Shane Vereen $10 0.00
Rob Gronkowski $30 0.00
Stephen Gostkowski $15 0.00
New England Patriots $13 0.00

Dri Archer $8 2.90
Lance Moore $6 0.00

Hakeem Nicks $7 8.90
Donte Moncrief $6 14.40

Aaron Rodgers $30 0.00
Eddie Lacy $18 0.00
Jordy Nelson $22 0.00
Davante Adams $6 0.00
Mason Crosby $13 0.00
Green Bay Packers $12 0.00

DeAngelo Williams $4 1.60

Reggie Bush $6 12.20
Golden Tate $11 20.90

Easily in. Bet on DET/NE.

But I will be done. It's a shame, because I think they were loaded and ready to make a run, even in SEA. What a joke.

Had Luck, Hilton, and Lacy as second and third week guys. Might have had a shot.

This was the team. Yikes, I think it was good.

Rock Action

Tom Brady $33 0.00
Jonas Gray $2 0.00
Julian Edelman $15 0.00
Rob Gronkowski $30 0.00
New England Patriots $13 0.00

Andrew Luck $31 26.60
T.Y. Hilton $19 16.30

Eddie Lacy $18 0.00

Matthew Stafford $17 22.05
Joique Bell $10 10.50
Calvin Johnson $16 13.50
Golden Tate $11 20.90
Matt Prater $10 10.00
Detroit Lions $10 8.00

I made it through with my 11 player NE/GB superbowl team. However, with Detroit and Pittsburgh not advancing, I don't think I'll survive next week:
I'm in a similar boat. Need Murray to put up a decent showing in a loss to GB:

Tom Brady $33 0.00

Julian Edelman $15 0.00

Rob Gronkowski $30 0.00

Timothy Wright $8 0.00

Josh Harris $12 4.10

Antonio Brown $25 20.70

Mohamed Sanu $8 6.10

Aaron Rodgers $30 0.00

Eddie Lacy $18 0.00

Jordy Nelson $22 0.00

DeMarco Murray $23 17.20

Kerwynn Williams $8

Went with a 12 player NE/Dal Superbowl + Antonio Brown.

Figured DAL + Brown would be enough for the first week. Then expected Dal + NE + Brown for the 2nd week to get me into the championship games round (woops).

Hopefully the money I spent on Brown won't come back to bite me, considering I had JStew + Gano at first, but swapped it for Brown thinking he'd outscore both in the first two rounds. Oh well. Still liking my chances at this point, although Dal/NE seems to be a common combo in this thread.

Still baffles me that the majority of the staff lineups have 0 chance of winning this thing with how they set it up.... You'd think that at the very least the staff members would know how this contest works... right??

In no way am I tooting my own horn for barely making the cutoff, that's when you know you did this right. Getting the maximum from the minimum and saving your designated Superbowl players on the shelf is how to load up the scenarios in your favor. The way the crazy high salary costs came out this year, my 9 projected Superbowl starters might not even be enough. The only way to leverage your roster is to pray 3 or 4 of your wildcard players can pull you up over the cut line. And If you don't make it thru the first round, it wouldn't matter anyway because chances are somebody has you covered for the final game.

If I had known the cutoff would be so low, I would have structured my roster far differently.

I basically have a Seattle vs NE super bowl team, but I think I hedged my bets a bit too much in other areas, and that there will be other NE/SEA teams with more players out there.

If I had known the cutoff would be so low, I would have structured my roster far differently.

I basically have a Seattle vs NE super bowl team, but I think I hedged my bets a bit too much in other areas, and that there will be other NE/SEA teams with more players out there.
What were you expecting it to be?

Just made the cutoff, but lost one of my non-SB players. DAL needs to beat GB and Murray and Williams need to be studs the next 2 weeks for me to have any shot.

Tom Brady $33 0.00
LeGarrette Blount $13 0.00
Shane Vereen $10 0.00
Julian Edelman $15 0.00
Brian Tyms $3 0.00
Rob Gronkowski $30 0.00
Timothy Wright $8 0.00

Martavis Bryant $12 17.70

Russell Wilson $34 0.00
Marshawn Lynch $22 0.00
Jermaine Kearse $15 0.00
Paul Richardson $10 0.00
Luke Willson $9 0.00

DeMarco Murray $23 17.20
Terrance Williams $12 24.20
TOTAL 59.10
CUTOFF 50.60

Still baffles me that the majority of the staff lineups have 0 chance of winning this thing with how they set it up.... You'd think that at the very least the staff members would know how this contest works... right??
The staff has their own contest against themselves. Given that they only have to beat a few staffers compared to a few thousand subscribers, they use a little different strategy.

Users who are viewing this thread