What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza IV - Combined Music/Fantasy Draft - Braxton Un-Breaks My Heart (1 Viewer)

I'm in the finals of Shining Path's Cup here in the FFA. It is...not going well. 

Godwin and Cooks were my main guys at WR this year in that league. I also had Antonio Brown. Figured, I'll just slide Brown right in for Godwin and easy peasy no problemo probably 20 points PPR Brady will pepper him with targets against the Jets, right? 

:unsure:

I'd say it's pretty much over.  :lol:
It's all over but the shouting, I just don't want to jinx it. Sean Mannion is over your coffin, Dracula, with a wooden stake and a bunch of silver bullets in a gun (or is that a werewolf?). 

Regardless, good show. Second place is nothing to sneeze at. 

It's all over but the shouting, I just don't want to jinx it. Sean Mannion is over your coffin, Dracula, with a wooden stake and a bunch of silver bullets in a gun (or is that a werewolf?). 

Regardless, good show. Second place is nothing to sneeze at. 
Yeah the fact that the two remaining players are on the same team will make it much harder to overcome the deficit, regardless how great they are. 

I don't want to jinx anything either though :lol:

Alright, it's 99%, I'll jinx it.

This was such a weird year (again) for fantasy and I think winning this season is more luck than skill.

Looking at my lineups through the season, the one thing that really jumps out at me is the extent to which players I drafted made up my lineups for the vast majority. Again, in a covid year, that's good fortune but also some good picks.

For the most part my weekly lineup looked like Stafford/Kamara/DHenderson/Harris/Godwin/Beasley/RAnderson/OAK TE.

It was very fortunate for me that I had Mark Ingram on my roster and he got traded to New Orleans as the Kamara handcuff. Grabbing Rhamondre Stevenson as the Harris handcuff obviously paid off huge a few weeks as well.

Down the stretch, I lost my round 2/3/4 picks, with Waller, Henderson and Godwin all going down (essentially) for the season. The adds of Braxton Berrios and Rashaad Penny are a large reason I've done so well the last couple weeks in their absence. 

Allowing for luck, I think my drafted Kamara/Henderson/Harris core (with support from Stevenson/Ingram/Penny) are the primary reason for my success this year.

I started Robby Anderson, Rondale Moore and Kenny Golladay way too many damn times this year. I had a few weeks with a nice Godwin/Beasley/Elijah Moore core but like 3?

TE should have been my strength with Waller but 2021. Stafford was fine.

Anyway, all in all a fun season. I haven't won this league before and I'm proud of this team. This league and draft is/are always a lot of fun and reading back through this thread was a really nice reminder of that, and a good cleansing for any other drafts that might have left a sour taste.

Cheers to all and looking forward to the next one.

Users who are viewing this thread