What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza VI: Return of the Rock Bands - And they say "He's in the Class A Team" (2 Viewers)

I fundamentally don’t love 16 team leagues so would be cool with starting now, but I don’t really have a strong opinion about it and I’m happy to wait if that’s what everyone else wants.

I'm going to split the difference and say we'll start tomorrow with no clock. I don't know if we ever have a clock anyway and I don't think we skip people... but slow start this week and full bore next week.

I like the bigger leagues though, so last call for @simey and @krista4 to say they're in if we start Monday.

Pick #1. Mrs. Rannous
Pick #2. Long Ball Larry
Pick #3. dkp993
Pick #4. rockaction
Pick #5. otb_lifer
Pick #6. landrys hat
Pick #7. plinko
Pick #8. Truebluey
Pick #9. Doug B
Pick #10. Eephus
Pick #11. Northern Voice
Pick #12. facook
Pick #13. ilov80s
Pick #14. Pip's Invitation

@Mrs. Rannous is on the clock that isn't a clock and can pick when ready!

Wow, ya’ll ain‘t mess ‘round. I’ll get to pickin’.

Is the site active? If so could someone send me a link. I’m not near my iPad and won’t be til late tonight (it had the site linked for me.

I like the musical pick, LBL. In the original mono, too. Thanks! I'm a sucker for that.

Last edited:
@Long Ball Larry @otb_lifer if the two of you can join using this link, we should be able to get things rolling on the Yahoo side as well - everyone else should be in, assuming I deleted the right teams :oldunsure:

@Long Ball Larry @otb_lifer if the two of you can join using this link, we should be able to get things rolling on the Yahoo side as well - everyone else should be in, assuming I deleted the right teams :oldunsure:

You correctly deleted mine, but honestly getting an email that said that my team, "wikkid in the sky with Mary," had been deleted, made me a little sad.

You correctly deleted mine, but honestly getting an email that said that my team, "wikkid in the sky with Mary," had been deleted, made me a little sad.
:sadbanana:

Yahoo Commish is really harsh about it too. It made me delete all the teams twice (or remove then delete) to open up the slots for new teams... I would have thought it would let me leave the other teams on a waitlist or something but I couldn't figure it out if it does.

Google Doc is here - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r20juzIx-gW51Sw8e9dJNp2x_vQ7lIgjqILPqGRQdnI/edit#gid=0

...and in the first post.

This will shock anyone who has ever been in one of these before but when I went to copy last year's doc, it was royally ****ed up. I'd call myself intermediate in terms of excel skills but the first sheet (Draft Sheet) is meant to be strict data entry, while the second sheet (Filter sheet) is meant to be the one for sorting/filtering etc... but that second sheet could probably be cleaner in terms of pulling the data etc.. if we have an expert here, feel free to improve it

I'd call myself intermediate in terms of excel skills but the first sheet (Draft Sheet) is meant to be strict data entry

It's asking that I make a request to see it, so I did that. You might just want to make it public somehow. I forget how to do that, but I once knew.

By the way, I'm also following along on Draft Dominator (YOU'RE ALL GETTING DOMINATED THIS YEAR!) so you'll have an emergency backup should something happen to the sheet.

I'd call myself intermediate in terms of excel skills but the first sheet (Draft Sheet) is meant to be strict data entry

It's asking that I make a request to see it, so I did that. You might just want to make it public somehow. I forget how to do that, but I once knew.

By the way, I'm also following along on Draft Dominator (YOU'RE ALL GETTING DOMINATED THIS YEAR!) so you'll have an emergency backup should something happen to the sheet.
Thanks, anyone with the link should be able to edit it now.

Since it's a copy of a copy of a copy, that extra security may be a hold over from the year the sheet was repeatedly terrorized by (presumably) FFToday Hooligans, for those who remember that one.

Since it's a copy of a copy of a copy, that extra security may be a hold over from the year the sheet was repeatedly terrorized by (presumably) FFToday Hooligans, for those who remember that one.

I do remember that. We had a run of FFToday'ers or disgruntled FFA'ers wreaking havoc on the spreadsheets. It's why I'm doing a backup. HAHAHAHAHA ****WITS!

I do remember that. We had a run of FFToday'ers or disgruntled FFA'ers wreaking havoc on the spreadsheets. It's why I'm doing a backup. HAHAHAHAHA ****WITS!
Seriously? It's hard to think of more egregious "get a life" behavior than that.

:sadbanana:

Yahoo Commish is really harsh about it too. It made me delete all the teams twice (or remove then delete) to open up the slots for new teams... I would have thought it would let me leave the other teams on a waitlist or something but I couldn't figure it out if it does.
Oh, I did not want you to feel bad and thought about deleting my post! It was just a little jarring, but obviously not your fault. It was kind of funny, too, because it started with something like "We have some bad news..." as if we'd just been chucked out without our knowledge. :lol:

Oh, I did not want you to feel bad and thought about deleting my post! It was just a little jarring, but obviously not your fault. It was kind of funny, too, because it started with something like "We have some bad news..." as if we'd just been chucked out without our knowledge. :lol:

From Yahoo I'd expect a subject line more like "You won't believe what just happened to wikkid in the sky with Mary"

For the record and for the spreadsheet, dkp993 took the song "San Diego" by blink-182

He did not select them first in the Greatest Punk Songs of All-Time Draft, though, so. . .

I'm following Alpha Drafter Elvan Silva so I'll be drafting 12 rb's early. Compete with that!

1.04 - Bijan Robinson - RB - Atlanta

Going To A Go-Go - Smokey Robinson

Have to have the rookie somewhere in this wild fantasy world.

@otb_lifer

maybe

@otb2huffing

You is up.

@landrys hat is on deck.

Oh Damn, you did! And WHAT A SONG!!!

Oh Damn, you did! And WHAT A SONG!!!

Heh. Thanks about the song.

As far as the player goes, even though I took him, I'm balking at the serious expectations for the rookie. The projections are staggering. I'm nervous about his usage, but I want to have a reason to watch him this year other than mere curiosity. Gives me an excuse. Bunch of places have him top ten and Draft Dominator has him at 1.08, so I took him, especially since I wanted to start with a guy that I think will line up all over the place and touch the ball quite a bit for Arthur Smith. That's the hope. Probably stupid to risk known first-round floor that early, but there's only one winner and thirteen runner-ups if you ask me. I want back in that winner's circle to tie ol' Eephus there.

I'm following Alpha Drafter Elvan Silva so I'll be drafting 12 rb's early. Compete with that!

LOL. Establish The Run, for sure. Is that a running joke of his, or is he seriously RB crazy in his drafts?

Not a punk fan but SD born and bread and went to HS with the Blink boys, so that with the Ekeler pick made the choice a no brainer.

Yeah, I got the connection and knew you were from SD. Very cool. The other joke was directed at ilov80s, who picked "Dammit" by blink-182 as the 1.01 in our Greatest Punk Song Of All-Time Draft, or as we simply called it, The Punk Draft. His blink-182 pick was met with howls and scowls from the crusty punk contingent. I lol'ed and defended the pick. Food was thrown. Safety pins sharpened and plunged into skin. It was a kerfuffle run riot. We almost had to call the riot squad.

The other joke was directed at ilov80s, who picked "Dammit" by blink-182 as the 1.01 in our Greatest Punk Song Of All-Time Draft, or as we simply called it, The Punk Draft. His blink-182 pick was met with howls and scowls from the crusty punk contingent. I lol'ed and defended the pick. Food was thrown. Safety pins sharpened and plunged into skin. It was a kerfuffle run riot. We almost had to call the riot squad.

I won that one too

ETA: https://forums.footballguys.com/for...dgers-sell-outs-and-spaghetti-songsincidents/

Users who are viewing this thread