What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Sunday Night Football - Packers at Vikings** (-1, 43.5) 8:20 (1 Viewer)

Should have never benched Dobbs
He was bad too. They all are.
Agreed, but he could at least run. He wasn't a liability, even if he obviously wasn't good either. Felt like he probably could have gotten better the more familiar he got with the playbook, and getting to play with Jefferson.
Problem was that Dobbs is better as a "street play" QB.. His first couple games he was basically winging it and doing well.

But once O'Connell tried to make him a system QB he lost whatever confidence he had.

My guess is O'Connell decides to try and protect the Rookie and Mullens is the QB for the 2nd half.. And will promptly turn the ball over 2 or 3 times to seal their fate.

Rumors have it the Vikings may make a play for Russell Wilson for next year as he'll be cheaper than trying to sign Kirk. :oldunsure:
Unless he physically can't play, I'd be pretty surprised if Cousins wasn't the starter next season. Could see them investing more in a backup though, maybe someone in the Flacco ilk of proven veteran, especially if Cousins week 1 status is in question.

Can't see O'Connell trying to make Wilson a system QB, that's much of what went wrong in Denver.

Well so far it looks like we have one team that wants to try and get some playoff experience for their Young team.

And another thinking about just what the bleep they are going to do next year with a QB hitting free agency, and a WR who will be probably be asking for a trade if they don't resign the QB.

Long way to go, but so far not seeing the fire from the Vikings. :shrug:
They should have started Mullens
Yea.. He could go for 5 or 6 turnovers instead of just 4. :lmao:

Having Hall out there at QB doesn't explain why this defense looks like they have their bags packed ready for the off season.

Not to mention there have been no talks with Kirk for next year, so might as well find out what the rookie has.. Neither team is going far in the playoffs, even if they make it.

I actually think it explains it perfectly. Putting your worst QB out there tells everyone you're giving up. If your team is giving up, then why would you, as a defensive player, bother to try.

Last edited:
Agreed, but he could at least run. He wasn't a liability, even if he obviously wasn't good either. Felt like he probably could have gotten better the more familiar he got with the playbook, and getting to play with Jefferson.
Problem was that Dobbs is better as a "street play" QB.. His first couple games he was basically winging it and doing well.

But once O'Connell tried to make him a system QB he lost whatever confidence he had.

My guess is O'Connell decides to try and protect the Rookie and Mullens is the QB for the 2nd half.. And will promptly turn the ball over 2 or 3 times to seal their fate.

Rumors have it the Vikings may make a play for Russell Wilson for next year as he'll be cheaper than trying to sign Kirk. :oldunsure:
Unless he physically can't play, I'd be pretty surprised if Cousins wasn't the starter next season. Could see them investing more in a backup though, maybe someone in the Flacco ilk of proven veteran, especially if Cousins week 1 status is in question.

Can't see O'Connell trying to make Wilson a system QB, that's much of what went wrong in Denver.
Money talks.. With the season Kirk was having before the injury, there are going to be plenty of teams offering big :moneybag: and I don't think they have the cap space to match the offers..

Not to mention they need to find money to sign JJ, if he doesn't ask for a trade that is.

Wtf didnt they start Mullens
New to the Vikings franchise?
No but this is just idiotic. Are you trying to make it or not?
Mullens had 4 turnovers last week, and got lucky not to have a 5th.. The week before he easily could have had 4 or 5 as well.

I mean yea, he has a strong arm, just not a strong thought process..

As has been the way since 1961, there is always next year :kicksrock:
Basically he’s the exact same dude he was in SF.

Wtf didnt they start Mullens
New to the Vikings franchise?
No but this is just idiotic. Are you trying to make it or not?
Mullens had 4 turnovers last week, and got lucky not to have a 5th.. The week before he easily could have had 4 or 5 as well.

I mean yea, he has a strong arm, just not a strong thought process..

As has been the way since 1961, there is always next year :kicksrock:
Basically he’s the exact same dude he was in SF.

Well he’s a hot mess but at least you have a chance to score some points

Just let them run right up the middle for ****s sake.

I think Flores is trying to tank (ironically) in collusion with the front office to get KOC fired so Flores can take over and get a better draft pick.

I really love to see the Packers play well and win games. And almost as much as that, I enjoy seeing the Vikings play poorly and lose games. It’s a feeling that could only have truly been fueled (for me) by living in the Twin Cities as a Packer fan for five years in the late 90s/early 2000s.

Money talks.. With the season Kirk was having before the injury, there are going to be plenty of teams offering big :moneybag: and I don't think they have the cap space to match the offers..

Not to mention they need to find money to sign JJ, if he doesn't ask for a trade that is.
Not sure there will be THAT big of a market for a mid 30s QB coming off an Achilles tear, in a loaded draft class. Especially one who seemingly wants to stay in Minnesota. There's plenty of money to sign JJ, and they can always backload the deal, because its not like JJ is a guy who is going to be a cap casualty anytime soon.

Who is offering a ton of money for Cousins? Atlanta?

Don't see Denver going after an expensive vet, Vegas either. New England feels likely to do a total reset. Doubt he'd go back to Washington, and they pick high enough to draft their guy.

Wide open wr in the end zone :lmao: .. Yea, they packed this in.

Well, at least my last 20 year tradition continues as I'll be asleep before midnight again on New years eve. ;)

Need 14 points from Kraft in the 2nd half to win my league’s Super Bowl.
Have a hankering for a lot of Mac n Cheese.
I’m up against him. As long as Metrllus gets every tackle & he doesn’t score a TD, I’m with you all the way, GB.
No worries. All he does is run 5 yard down and outs.
0 red zone targets.
Had to pick him up for a Hockenson replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread