What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tennis: Australian Open - Who opens the new season with a bang (2 Viewers)

Things lining up for Coco... Let's go!

That said, we watched Sabalenka practice when we were there last week and she looked really strong. Big grunter, that one.

She makes me a little jumpy&quo.
She was practicing with Jabeur... Matchplay style, scoring games etc.

One epic rally saw them at baseline, net, lob, and eventually Jabeur won the point with a ridiculous get, somehow getting her racket on an insane Saba drop shot and flicking it cross court for the winner. Stadium went berserk.. even for practice... sabalenka stood there laughing, giving ons a double bird salute. I fell for Saba in that exact moment.

That said, we watched Sabalenka practice when we were there last week and she looked really strong. Big grunter, that one.

One epic rally saw them at baseline, net, lob, and eventually Jabeur won the point with a ridiculous get, somehow getting her racket on an insane Saba drop shot and flicking it cross court for the winner. Stadium went berserk.. even for practice... sabalenka stood there laughing, giving ons a double bird salute. I fell for Saba in that exact moment.

:wub:

nobody's going to be beating Alcaraz for a looooong time.
Sure seems that way. Doesn’t help that his recent opponents were/are coming off grueling matches. At least Djoko should be fresh.

Interested to see how Medvedev adapts his game, after being destroyed at Wimbledon.

Sure seems that way. Doesn’t help that his recent opponents were/are coming off grueling matches. At least Djoko should be fresh.

Interested to see how Medvedev adapts his game, after being destroyed at Wimbledon.
Medvedev much better on hard courts, he'll make a match of this, would be an upset to be sure but wouldn't be completely shocked if he pulled it out, is going to be hot as balls tomorrow too so could impact the match

Medvedev much better on hard courts, he'll make a match of this, would be an upset to be sure but wouldn't be completely shocked if he pulled it out, is going to be hot as balls tomorrow too so could impact the match
I thought Zverev was going to put up more of a fight, tbh... Especially through those 1dt 7 games.

I hate to say it, but the heat will favor the younger player IMO. It's a wildcard for sure, but I think it'll help Al, and maybe Shelton. I'm walking to my office now in NYC... Schweddy Balls

I thought Zverev was going to put up more of a fight, tbh... Especially through those 1dt 7 games.

I hate to say it, but the heat will favor the younger player IMO. It's a wildcard for sure, but I think it'll help Al, and maybe Shelton. I'm walking to my office now in NYC... Schweddy Balls
I think Medvedev has considerably better shot than Zverev, and don't necessarily think heat favors any player in particular, it was Alcaraz who cramped in the French and Djoker has ridiculous level of fitness, just pointing out it could be a factor, the day match could be nuts if goes 4 or 5 sets...

Keys still only 60-62% to win despite the 1st set bagel (per oddsmakers live).

Breaks! 78/22 in favor of an all-American women's final now.

Keys is making facook sad. :sadbanana:

Keys is making facook sad. :sadbanana:

DAH!!!!

Regardless which competitor wins the women's title at the US Open, what a win for the sport.

Eff politics.

Go sports.

Wow... what a Richard move by Joke after the final point.
What did he do?
You know how Shelton has his "finger/hand phone" he holds to his ear after good points?

As he came to the net after winning, Joke did the hand phone while looking at Shelton, and hung it up.
Uncalled for (pun intended), but Shelton is pretty obnoxious, too. That said, Djokovic is old enough he should know better.

What did he do?
You know how Shelton has his "finger/hand phone" he holds to his ear after good points?

As he came to the net after winning, Joke did the hand phone while looking at Shelton, and hung it up.
Uncalled for (pun intended), but Shelton is pretty obnoxious, too. That said, Djokovic is old enough he should know better.
Shelton is celebrating. might be obnoxious in the tennis world- but it's for himself.

Joke's thing was about rubbing shelton's face in the loss, not celebrating.

apples and rotten tomatoes.

What did he do?

Shelton is celebrating. might be obnoxious in the tennis world- but it's for himself.

Meh. He was looking up to the crowd or to his team when he did it. A big nothing

I'm disappointed you guys aren't seeing it, but ok to be an island about this one.

it's one thing to celebrate a point or a win. it's another to mock somebody in victory.

did he cheat or smash a ball into a judges throat? no. but this is low-class, and not nothing for one of the GOATs

What did he do?

Sometimes Shelton is celebrating. Others, like when he glares cross court, seem like he’s trying to intimidate his opponent. And he seems like a punk in his interviews, imo.

Although he’s improved over time, Djoker is known to be an a-hole. But I agree the “hang up“ was not very sportsmanlike.

I just went back and watched the handshake at the end of the Tiafoe match - Shelton absolutely hammed up the phone thing way much more so than Djokovic. Do you think it’s a bad move because he’s “stealing” Shelton’s celebration?

Sorry last post on the topic, you know I love you floppo.

.Ben Shelton on Novak Djokovic doing his phone celebration at US Open:

“I didn’t see it until after the match. I don’t like when I’m on social media and I see people telling me how I can or can’t celebrate. If you win the match you deserve to do whatever you want. As a kid growing up, I always learned that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.”

A 36-yr-old legend seriously mocking a 20-yr-old kid? What a dbag.
Kinda richardish but could also argue Shelton shouldn't have done the initial thing.

I disagree with most on this. Shelton has been "hanging up the phone" after wins throughout the tournament (and in other tournaments). As mentioned it was most obvious after he won the quarter. It was taunting and dooshish. Novak just sent him a message. Glad he did. Novak was cold on the handshake and didn't applaud Ben's exit. Clearly sending a message. A good one, I think.

I just went back and watched the handshake at the end of the Tiafoe match - Shelton absolutely hammed up the phone thing way much more so than Djokovic. Do you think it’s a bad move because he’s “stealing” Shelton’s celebration?
:lmao:... Shelton stole it from Tiafoe and did it to him at the end of their match?

ok... I take it all back. screw him and the phone he rode in on.

Users who are viewing this thread