What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Birther Conspiracy Thread (1 Viewer)

Now we move on to the real issue, how Obama paid for college. (I own the term "Schoolers", pending trademark)Hopefully Trump will have as much success getting those records released as he did with this issue.
I was listening the Trump's press conference today. He stated that he heard that Obama's received low grades at Occidental and Columbia. So how did Obama get into Harvard or Columbia being a below average student? I don't know if this is true, but why is the press un-interested in this story?Because they want to paint in as elite.Because they don't want to paint him as privileged like they did George W Bush?The press is in bed with Obama, and that is the real issue is the controversy.
:lmao:This guy is flying up the birther rankings.
Pickles needs to recalibrate the rankings from top 5 to top 10.

I thnink the Right still wins a lot of points because Obama realized that 40% of the country was doubting he was born here so they felt pressured to get this out to the public. I don't think the Left picks up any momentum from this at all. I never believed the birthers thought he was born elsewhere, it was simply an issue that was easy to strike at and they gained more than they lost. None of the major players running for the GOP were out in front of this other than Trump. But the hardcore Left is feeling pretty righteous. They aren't celebrating Obamacare, they aren't celebrating Obama ending the wars, they aren't celebating Obama ending the tax cuts...they are celebrating that their favorite politician actually can prove he was born in the U.S. It really does speak to the horrific job Obama and his staff have done...hold on we have Obama on the line with a response to this and here he is..."They left a big mess for us to come in and clean up"Viva Obama!
Yes, this is clearly a win for the GOP and the gullible right wingers who bought into this farce.

The longer he goes without showing his actual birth certificate the more and more he looks guilty. If his actual birth certificate exists, why doesn't he show it? The reason they were giving is that it's a private document and that even if he does show it they'll question the authenticity...they will never stop. Sounds like a cop out to me. Something is fishy. This whole issue could be put to bed but for some reason its not :confused:This is not going to go away.
:goodposting:

I thnink the Right still wins a lot of points because Obama realized that 40% of the country was doubting he was born here so they felt pressured to get this out to the public. I don't think the Left picks up any momentum from this at all. I never believed the birthers thought he was born elsewhere, it was simply an issue that was easy to strike at and they gained more than they lost. None of the major players running for the GOP were out in front of this other than Trump. But the hardcore Left is feeling pretty righteous. They aren't celebrating Obamacare, they aren't celebrating Obama ending the wars, they aren't celebating Obama ending the tax cuts...they are celebrating that their favorite politician actually can prove he was born in the U.S. It really does speak to the horrific job Obama and his staff have done...hold on we have Obama on the line with a response to this and here he is..."They left a big mess for us to come in and clean up"Viva Obama!
oof

wnd.com headline:

White House releasesObama 'birth certificate'Cites Kapiolani as location, father's race as 'African'
Birth certificate in single quotes. African father and Obama was born in some foreign place caled Kapiolani. Awesome.

oof
:P

Now we move on to the real issue, how Obama paid for college. (I own the term "Schoolers", pending trademark)Hopefully Trump will have as much success getting those records released as he did with this issue.
I was listening the Trump's press conference today. He stated that he heard that Obama's received low grades at Occidental and Columbia. So how did Obama get into Harvard or Columbia being a below average student? I don't know if this is true, but why is the press un-interested in this story?Because they want to paint hin as elite.Because they don't want to paint him as privileged like they did George W Bush?The press is in bed with Obama, and that is the real issue is the controversy.
Because the things Trump "hears" and his investigators have "discovered" have proven to be so accurate thus far. THE GUY WAS EDITOR OF THE HARVARD LAW REVIEW.

'MasterofOrion said:
I was listening the Trump's press conference today. He stated that he heard that Obama's received low grades at Occidental and Columbia. So how did Obama get into Harvard or Columbia being a below average student? I don't know if this is true, but why is the press un-interested in this story?
This is the real reason why Obama did a press conference today, to try and paint Trump in a negative light. The hope is that it will deny Trump some traction on the real issues of Obama's past.

FOX is great.... "he could have done this at any time...WHY did he wait so long?"
That is a pretty good question. Anyone know the answer?
My guess is because it's very amusing watching idiots act like, well...idiots.
And if you don't think today was chosen to release the birth certificate (as opposed to yesterday or tomorrow ) as a way to take media attention and political talk away from today's Fed press conference which is more vital to the Health of the Nation, then you're also an idiot.
Put down the megaphone Jewell. It's over.
Yet you know it's true.
Suuuuure :tinfoilhat:
:lmao: It's not like politicians would ever play politics. Politicians, regardless of party, are so well handled that when things will be disclosed is often as important as what will be disclosed. That's why PR people release unflattering news on late Friday or Saturday. People are too involved with their weekend to care, and people buy (or used to buy) weekday papers on the way to work and the Sunday paper but seldom Saturday papers. This stuff is well known and par for the course.

You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,

Know when to walk away, know when to run.

You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table,

There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done.

'MasterofOrion said:
I was listening the Trump's press conference today. He stated that he heard that Obama's received low grades at Occidental and Columbia. So how did Obama get into Harvard or Columbia being a below average student? I don't know if this is true, but why is the press un-interested in this story?
Then you'll blame it on the lefties when he shows his superb qualifications for getting into Columbia, Harv Law, Harv Law Review, Harv Law Review Pres?
That is the story line. But what if he got in because of privilege. The story line would change. That is why releasing his grades is important.

So what is the new information contained on this birth certificate that wasn't on the short form that Obama produced a few years back? And why should this satisfy people that didn't believe that the short form was legit?

wnd.com headline:

White House releasesObama 'birth certificate'Cites Kapiolani as location, father's race as 'African'
Birth certificate in single quotes. African father and Obama was born in some foreign place caled Kapiolani. Awesome.
To the WND followers, they know what Kapiolani refers to (Obama and his sister had mistakenly identified Queens hospital in the past)as for the rest of it - still :crazy:

'MasterofOrion said:
Then you'll blame it on the lefties when he shows his superb qualifications for getting into Columbia, Harv Law, Harv Law Review, Harv Law Review Pres?
That is the story line. But what if he got in because of privilege. The story line would change. That is why releasing his grades is important.
I think you should start a new thread specifically on "Questioning Obama's Grades, Education and Tuition."

So why now. This could have been put to bed a long time ago?
Again....free comedy. That and we are actually at war as a country, job situation is bleak and so is the economy. Yes, the President releasing proof of his birth again should be above all that.
I agree. I have not commented much on this issue until now. There are much more important issues on the table. But Obama could have played one less golf game or one less game of basketball and put this issue to rest. This should not take much time at all. So why did he let it drag out. Was it political calculation?Was it that he wanted to fry his enemy on a non-issue?If you think about it the reason the issue is consuming the press is that it hasn't been put to bed until now. IMO this should have been put to bed a long time ago rather than wasting energy and time on such a trivial issue. The President and left wing have only themselves to blame on how much wasted time and energy have been wasted on this non-issue.
What "issue"? That's the point...it's a non-issue. There is nothing to put to bed. Because I believe Obama is a robot, doesn't mean it's an issue. It means I'm a lunatic.

Chris Mathews more than anyone is the one obsessed with this issue.
Disagree with "more than anyone". Besides, we all love a good trainwreck right? I don't think you understand how crazy this whole birther thing is. I applaud the Left for getting a good laugh at it and exposing the birthers for what they are.
This story line of birther's and right wing extremist benefits the left not the right. Most people on the right wish this issue would just go away. The left is using this issue to bang the right, that is is why is dominates the news - because it benefits the left.

There's still Trump's investigators and Corsi's book still needs to be hawked...

Tim may be right, this may not be over, but I can see it dwindling fast

This story line of birther's and right wing extremist benefits the left not the right. Most people on the right wish this issue would just go away. The left is using this issue to bang the right, that is is why is dominates the news - because it benefits the left.
Yes. It does benefit the left to point out that a large percentage of Righties (1) believe that Obama wasn't born in America and (2) demanded his birth certificate to be uploaded for the masses again.

'MasterofOrion said:
This is the real reason why Obama did a press conference today, to try and paint Trump in a negative light. The hope is that it will deny Trump some traction on the real issues of Obama's past.
Obama spends more time running for president that running the country.

For some reason I get this mental image of a bunch of birthers crammed inside of a pot, yelling, fists waving in the air. Today a lid got put on the pot but you can still hear the muffled yelling and clanging from inside the pot. Sometimes the lid comes off a little and you can just barely make out the red-cheeked puffy face of a birther. In a couple of days they'll get tired of yelling, realizing it's not going to do any good and we'll take the lid off the pot to let them out to find a new conspiracy to email everyone about.

Now that this is behind us I can see the weaker arguments are coming back to fill in the gaps until the next thing. Did I read how he loves to be on tv in one of the earlier replies? Not the strongest plan B. I suggest just plain making something up. Why stop now? Here's one...Obama went to Harvard because he got a white girl pregnant. Doesn't make sense but sure has all the fixins' to be a birther replacement!!!! YWIA

Disagree with "more than anyone". Besides, we all love a good trainwreck right? I don't think you understand how crazy this whole birther thing is. I applaud the Left for getting a good laugh at it and exposing the birthers for what they are.
Yes Free Taco Bell!!!

Now that this is behind us
I've spotted some oddities in the document. The typewritten lines aren't parallel; they're jumping all over the place. The department of health numbers all curved in an arch, The “II” in his name is low, the year in his birth date is low, the 'm' in P.M. is off for whatever reason, the date in box 22 (AUG) slants at a diagonal. We either have the world’s worst typist in ’61, or something else. Even with old typewriters, having text appear evenly on the same horizontal line was easy enough.

Again....free comedy. That and we are actually at war as a country, job situation is bleak and so is the economy. Yes, the President releasing proof of his birth again should be above all that.
I agree. I have not commented much on this issue until now. There are much more important issues on the table. But Obama could have played one less golf game or one less game of basketball and put this issue to rest. This should not take much time at all. So why did he let it drag out. Was it political calculation?Was it that he wanted to fry his enemy on a non-issue?If you think about it the reason the issue is consuming the press is that it hasn't been put to bed until now. IMO this should have been put to bed a long time ago rather than wasting energy and time on such a trivial issue. The President and left wing have only themselves to blame on how much wasted time and energy have been wasted on this non-issue.
What "issue"? That's the point...it's a non-issue. There is nothing to put to bed. Because I believe Obama is a robot, doesn't mean it's an issue. It means I'm a lunatic.
Hillary raised this issue over 2 1/2 years ago and he releases the long form now. This should have taken less than one basketball game to do. Why put off disclosing document until now? Obama has only himself to blame for this lasting this long.OTOH- he may have wanted the issue to linger because it benefits him.

You don't think FoxNews isn't benefiting from this "theory"? Really?

Yes. It does benefit the left to point out that a large percentage of Righties (1) believe that Obama wasn't born in America and (2) demanded his birth certificate to be uploaded for the masses again.
Wrong- the right, by in large, does not care about this issue. The left is obsessed with it. The left likes painting the right as extremist and this issue fuels that belief. It was the left that started the issue - Hillary, and it the left fueling the issue.If Fox spends 15 seconds on the issue, MSNBC will spend 3 hours discussing the 15 sec Fox spent on it.

Hillary raised this issue over 2 1/2 years ago and he releases the long form now. This should have taken less than one basketball game to do. Why put off disclosing document until now? Obama has only himself to blame for this lasting this long.OTOH- he may have wanted the issue to linger because it benefits him.
Has any other president/presidential candidate had to do this? Why should President Obama listen to ridiculous accusations and give into them, especially when there is absolutely no precedent to do so?

Of course it benefits him. Politicians long for diversion tactics. They plot to create them. When this one fell in his lap he'd have been a fool not to take advantage especially since he knows there is nothing hidden, people just think there is/was. I'm not sure why you keep asking why. I've told you why. It's not rocket science. If you want to blame him for dragging out a non-issue go for it. But that has nothing to do with him and everything to do with you.

Fox news spends a lot time trying to put this story to bed - They believe Obama is a U.S. citizen and that the issue is a non-issue. MSNBC is the one benefiting from the issue - not Fox. They can't talk about the bang up job Obama has done on anything.

Fox news spends a lot time trying to put this story to bed - They believe Obama is a U.S. citizen and that the issue is a non-issue. MSNBC is the one benefiting from the issue - not Fox. They can't talk about the bang up job Obama has done on anything.
God I love this place.

I've spotted some oddities in the document. The typewritten lines aren't parallel; they're jumping all over the place. The department of health numbers all curved in an arch, The “II” in his name is low, the year in his birth date is low, the 'm' in P.M. is off for whatever reason, the date in box 22 (AUG) slants at a diagonal. We either have the world’s worst typist in ’61, or something else. Even with old typewriters, having text appear evenly on the same horizontal line was easy enough.
Dear God :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Dear God :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
I think this was an attempt at parody that failed because the author doesn't realize that most of his posts come across this way. It's like if Charlie Sheen tried to make fun of egotistical cocaine-fueled rants.

Has any other president/presidential candidate had to do this? Why should President Obama listen to ridiculous accusations and give into them, especially when there is absolutely no precedent to do so?
No.Why- because supplying a long form birth certificate is no big deal. It takes less than one golf game to produce this document. Pick up the phone, tell them to release the document. That should take 15 seconds. Look how much time he spends saying that the document isn't necessary - Hours- days- months.... Which is more efficacious - 15 seconds putting the issue the rest or years stating it is non-issue?

Users who are viewing this thread