What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Burger/French Fry Debate of 2014 (1 Viewer)

Best Burger

• McDonalds

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Wendy's

Votes: 40 13.9%
  • Burger King

Votes: 13 4.5%
  • In and Out

Votes: 68 23.7%
  • Five Guys

Votes: 131 45.6%
  • Sonic

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Checker

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • White Castle

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Whataburger?

Votes: 13 4.5%

• Total voters

fantasycurse42

Footballguy Jr.
Lets put this one to bed... Best burger & best french fries from a franchise - have to be places we've all heard of.

If I forgot something let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Frywise I think it has to be arbys curly fries. I also like chick fil a waffle fries. Burgers...no real favorite to be honest. If I had to say it would be steak n shake.

Sorry to go against the grain, but it's Fudruckers for me. Both options.
There are numerous states Fudruckers are not in. I could probably drive 200 miles and not find one. The ones on this list are all within 50 miles, most within a couple miles.
Half the population of the US would have to fly to get to an In n' Out burger.
While I agree with this, In and Out is more of a household name and a majority of people have had it.

I've never understood the love affair people have with McDonald's fries. Besides lots of salt, they are unremarkable.

For a truly national chain, Five Guys has by far the best burgers. I do think their fries are too greasy though.

For a truly national chain, Five Guys has by far the best burgers. I do think their fries are too greasy though.
Their fries are fantastic!!

Fresh cut, thick, cooked in peanut oil... & that huge scoop they just dump in the bag :thumbup:

I thought this would be a walk in the park for Five Guys.

They're better to go than to eat in. The bag and the cup soak up the extra grease while you drive home.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are numerous states Fudruckers are not in. I could probably drive 200 miles and not find one. The ones on this list are all within 50 miles, most within a couple miles.
While I agree with this, In and Out is more of a household name and a majority of people have had it.
:oldunsure:

They only operate in five states: California, Arizona, Neada, Utah, and Texas.

:oldunsure:

They only operate in five states: California, Arizona, Neada, Utah, and Texas.
It's a lemming culty thing. :shrug:

Yeah, this pohl is way flawed. This should only include burger/fry joints that are national chains, and In N Out isnt even close to that, and as far as I know neither are Checker's, White Castle (south its Crystal), or Nathan's. Sonic seems like theyve basically become national but a decade ago they weren't.

How are these are all options but places like Red Robin, Chik Fil-A, etc arent makes no sense.

Yeah, this pohl is way flawed. This should only include burger/fry joints that are national chains, and In N Out isnt even close to that, and as far as I know neither are Checker's, White Castle (south its Crystal), or Nathan's. Sonic seems like theyve basically become national but a decade ago they weren't.

How are these are all options but places like Red Robin, Chik Fil-A, etc arent makes no sense.
I don't think it's flawed... I doubt Red Robin or Chik FilA are over taking anyone up right now.

Not for nothing, by for a very local place, In and Out is having quite a run so far in the poll.

I never got the hate for In'n'out fries. They are what they are. No frills. Just potato sliced, fried and lightly salted. Most of the other ones are processed and coated before they get to the restaurant. The few times I've had 5Guys fries they were way undercooked. Starchy, greasy, non-crispy. The burger at 5Guys is OK but a lot has to do with that super soft egg bun. In'n'Out wins every time because it's constantly great and half the price. No stench, no crazy people yelling at you when you walk in, no peanuts. You never have to get out of your car. The only downside to in'n'out is it's always mobbed.

I never got the hate for In'n'out fries. They are what they are. No frills. Just potato sliced, fried and lightly salted. Most of the other ones are processed and coated before they get to the restaurant. The few times I've had 5Guys fries they were way undercooked. Starchy, greasy, non-crispy. The burger at 5Guys is OK but a lot has to do with that super soft egg bun. In'n'Out wins every time because it's constantly great and half the price. No stench, no crazy people yelling at you when you walk in, no peanuts. You never have to get out of your car. The only downside to in'n'out is it's always mobbed.
I could make better fries buying from the Super Market and throwing in the oven.

I could make better fries buying from the Super Market and throwing in the oven.
Ore-ida's? because they're processed.

Ore-ida's? because they're processed.
Any store bought brand

I'd bet if the in'n'Out fry haters drenched them in salt they'd like them. It's not the fry, it's your palate.

Nipsy, always seeming to get it right. Five Guys is the easy second, but In n Out take both burgers and fries for me.

I've never understood the love affair people have with McDonald's fries. Besides lots of salt, they are unremarkable.
It's the beef flavoring they put on them. They used to fry them in tallow, which would give the fries a natural beef flavoring. When health concerns motivated McDonald's to move towards vegetable oil, they had to add beef flavoring to make them taste the same.

IIRC, someone from India sued McDonadls because they didn't know the fires contained parts from cows before consuming them.

I'd bet if the in'n'Out fry haters drenched them in salt they'd like them. It's not the fry, it's your palate.
They're skinny flavorless pieces of potato
Do you use an Orabrush? Your sense of taste will go through the roof after only a few days.
:lmao: but their fries are still nothing special at all.
Of course we've all had better but the hate is out of control.

The trump card for In'n'Out is the ability to order your burger protein style. You can't eat at FiveGuys without feeling like you just put on 10 pounds.

The trump card for In'n'Out is the ability to order your burger protein style. You can't eat at FiveGuys without feeling like you just put on 10 pounds.
NIPSEY!!!

I've missed you and I want the whole FFA to know I have a major man crush :heart: on you. How are the avocados? Are we still chugging down 1-2 a day, regular visits to the can? Come on over the new treehouse and check in, we'd love to hear from you. We might have to BBQ to celebrate.

NIPSEY!!!

I've missed you and I want the whole FFA to know I have a major man crush :heart: on you. How are the avocados? Are we still chugging down 1-2 a day, regular visits to the can? Come on over the new treehouse and check in, we'd love to hear from you. We might have to BBQ to celebrate.
The put a wendy's in on Lincoln where that Arby's was. Bay Cities even more of a zoo now than ever.

5 Guys for both. Too bad they don't charge fast food prices. But for taste, 5Guys wins both categories.

NIPSEY!!!

The put a wendy's in on Lincoln where that Arby's was. Bay Cities even more of a zoo now than ever.
:hifive:

:lmao: at you guys complaining about 5 Guys prices. Cheap asses.
Because for $10 NO DRINK…I can go to several mom n pop joints around town and get a much better burger cooked to order with delicious toppings, hand cut fries, and ice cold coke. Many of the same places have quite a craft beer list so can it on the whole price thing. 5 Guys is outrageous what they charge. As long as In n Out is giving meals for about $6, they are the best of the fast food joints and it's not even close. And while I am not huge on their fries, at least they are fresh cut and not loaded with a lot of chemicals like McDonalds.

You folks are terrible burger connoisseurs, I wouldn't listen to anything you all recommend, you have no idea what's good. I get cards for free burgers from 5 Guys and I give them away, terrible place and the burgers are burnt to a crisp and they are proud of it, frack 'em.

Because for $10 NO DRINK…I can go to several mom n pop joints around town and get a much better burger cooked to order with delicious toppings, hand cut fries, and ice cold coke. Many of the same places have quite a craft beer list so can it on the whole price thing. 5 Guys is outrageous what they charge. As long as In n Out is giving meals for about $6, they are the best of the fast food joints and it's not even close. And while I am not huge on their fries, at least they are fresh cut and not loaded with a lot of chemicals like McDonalds.

You folks are terrible burger connoisseurs, I wouldn't listen to anything you all recommend, you have no idea what's good. I get cards for free burgers from 5 Guys and I give them away, terrible place and the burgers are burnt to a crisp and they are proud of it, frack 'em.
:no:

Don't know where to start with this, so I'll just leave it alone.

It's the beef flavoring they put on them. They used to fry them in tallow, which would give the fries a natural beef flavoring. When health concerns motivated McDonald's to move towards vegetable oil, they had to add beef flavoring to make them taste the same.

IIRC, someone from India sued McDonadls because they didn't know the fires contained parts from cows before consuming them.
Maybe my taste buds are defective. I don't taste beefiness.

I'm sorry, but I really don't differentiate between $7-9. If you are that strapped, order off the Dollar Menu.

:no:

Don't know where to start with this, so I'll just leave it alone.
Because it is TRUE!!! Why would you go buy that burger? I have a place called Vega's not a stone throws away form my local 5 guys, it is 10x better. The meat is hand packed, they cook it Rare/Med Rare/Med/Med Well whatever you like because well done sucks and anyone who eats their burgers that way enjoys no taste in their burger. You can't taste the meat when they are well done. Do you make your burgers well done off the grill? And again if you do, i wouldn't listen to much you say. I bet you like a burnt filet mignon as well, old piece of leather by they time they are done cooking it for you.

Seriously, what is good about 5 guys. They are like Evian, they figured if they charged $10 for a burger and fries that people would think they must be better, they're NOT. And do you never enjoy a drink with your meal? Let's be honest, a double plus fries plus a drink is closer to $12+, this place is a joke.

My main gripe with Fatburger is the cleanliness of the place. Even the grill itself gets nasty.

Users who are viewing this thread