What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

THE FBG Fashion Thread :style: (2 Viewers)

Shorts????  When did this become so hard?   Leaving vacation next week and need at least two pairs. On a budget with three kids and living here. Usually buy lot of my clothes at Bloomingdales, Nordstrom and saks outlets nearby but they have no shorts.   Ideas under $50?

do I need to paint on tattoo's as well #ihavenostyewhat-so-ever?

ETA:  Offdee know more than all of us, with the exception of AZron, when it come to catching the eye of those silly 25 ish gals. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking for comfortable and form fitting Henley's that aren't flashy....any suggestions?  I see plenty of nice 200 dollar henleys, but I'm looking for a better deal.
Homespun and Merz b. Schwanen for henleys. Homespun are my favorite. It's a Canadian brand and you aren't likely to find it in a brick-and-mortar store. But you can find them on sale online at the few retail shops that carry, grailed or ebay for less than $80. I have like eight Homespun henleys and two Merz. I have a couple lighter weight ones from Wings + Horns that I like as well.

Shorts????  When did this become so hard?   Leaving vacation next week and need at least two pairs. On a budget with three kids and living here. Usually buy lot of my clothes at Bloomingdales, Nordstrom and saks outlets nearby but they have no shorts.   Ideas under $50?
I got a pair of under armour chesapeake shorts towards the end of last year. (Not the fishing pair with cargo pockets) best shorts I've had in years. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KVKNR86/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_hnkEyb3FM0G0G

I agree on UA shorts...it's the only thing from UA I'll wear.  The golf shorts are fantastic and they make them in colors and patterns that work elsewhere.

I agree on UA shorts...it's the only thing from UA I'll wear.  The golf shorts are fantastic and they make them in colors and patterns that work elsewhere.
Do you need to order a size bigger/smaller or are they size accurate?

True sizing...but note the inseam is shorter than Nike and most other golf shorts...which I also like.
Thanks. Are they baggy around the legs. Trying to find that happy medium between traditional shorts and the euro looking ones. 

Thanks. Are they baggy around the legs. Trying to find that happy medium between traditional shorts and the euro looking ones. 
Pretty standard.  I'm 5'9" with somewhat thick legs...they aren't too tight on me.  Definitely NOT euro.

One of the mainstays of my small jeans rotation is finally giving out.  They're discontinued style from Nudie brand that have served me well over the years.

I don't shop for denim very often and remember the process as being confusing with many options for cut, wash and pocket styles.  I want something relatively slim but I'm a cyclist with bigger calves than the typical hipster.  Dark blue, no stupid holes or wear marks and not something so stiff that it'll take months to break in.  I really liked the Nudies but they were spendy and the company website is just a mess.

I'm looking for recommendations re: brands and models to consider. 

One of the mainstays of my small jeans rotation is finally giving out.  They're discontinued style from Nudie brand that have served me well over the years.

I don't shop for denim very often and remember the process as being confusing with many options for cut, wash and pocket styles.  I want something relatively slim but I'm a cyclist with bigger calves than the typical hipster.  Dark blue, no stupid holes or wear marks and not something so stiff that it'll take months to break in.  I really liked the Nudies but they were spendy and the company website is just a mess.

If you have big calves but want a slim fit at a reasonable price, I've found Levi's 513s do the trick.

i've got a pair of Gap slim cut dark wash jeans that have held up great for a few years of regular wear. no holes, no whiskering, no ####### embellishments.. just plain, dark wash jeans at a reasonable price.

Been a fan of Nudie for a while now.  Have two pairs and they're going on 10+ years wear.  What's wrong with your old pair?  If it's holes, crotch rip, etc I just take them to a tailor and get patched up with similar material.  Barely noticeable and adds distressed :style:

NYCelt said:
Just cop a pair of these Thom Browne's and call it a day.  A bit over your budget but worth the extra spend:  

https://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/thom_browne/slim-fit-cotton-twill-shorts/785058

Thanks for the replies

If you have big calves but want a slim fit at a reasonable price, I've found Levi's 513s do the trick.
Are 513s and 527s similar?  Levi's sure have more different shades and denim grades than they used to.  May have to do some retail reconnaissance this weekend.

i've got a pair of Gap slim cut dark wash jeans that have held up great for a few years of regular wear. no holes, no whiskering, no ####### embellishments.. just plain, dark wash jeans at a reasonable price.
Hmm, I haven't been to the Gap in a long time but there's one a block away from the Levi's flagship.

Been a fan of Nudie for a while now.  Have two pairs and they're going on 10+ years wear.  What's wrong with your old pair?  If it's holes, crotch rip, etc I just take them to a tailor and get patched up with similar material.  Barely noticeable and adds distressed :style:
1" wear hole in the crotch near the center seam.  I'll get them mended but when jeans start to go in one place, the hole has a tendency to move somewhere else.  I may just bite the bullet for a new pair of Nudies but trying on multiple pairs of jeans at a posh store is worse than waiting outside for Mrs. Eephus to try on clothes.

Gustin.  Own 2 pair and love them. 

my go-to rick owens dark shadows jeans finally and really gave way... I had taken them to be rethreaded- not patched- in the LES at some goofy hipster selvage denim joint. but then the denim around the rethreading started to go.

the wife got me a pair of... hudson? jeans recently. seem decent and fit well.

Thanks for the replies

Are 513s and 527s similar?  Levi's sure have more different shades and denim grades than they used to.  May have to do some retail reconnaissance this weekend.

Hmm, I haven't been to the Gap in a long time but there's one a block away from the Levi's flagship.

1" wear hole in the crotch near the center seam.  I'll get them mended but when jeans start to go in one place, the hole has a tendency to move somewhere else.  I may just bite the bullet for a new pair of Nudies but trying on multiple pairs of jeans at a posh store is worse than waiting outside for Mrs. Eephus to try on clothes.
I have big legs and I picked up some Levi's 541s.  Normal jeans made to fit my legs are usually huge in the waist and look like #### cinched up with a belt.  These fit much better in the legs and have stretch.  Love them so far.  

I bought my first Levi stretch jean two years ago.  After I wore a stretch jean I hated all my other jeans as they felt like cardboard.  Probably had 5-6 pair that cost 60-100 that I wanted to toss.  Have bought 3 pair of jeans since and all have had that little stretch  that is so comfortable but you can`t tell.

my go-to rick owens dark shadows jeans finally and really gave way... I had taken them to be rethreaded- not patched- in the LES at some goofy hipster selvage denim joint. but then the denim around the rethreading started to go.

the wife got me a pair of... hudson? jeans recently. seem decent and fit well.
Haha, love that FBGs are wearing Rick Owens.  Respect Floppo  :bow:

"man bangs" replacing "man buns"?

Man bangs
But gentlemen, if you're looking for a modern man bang to emulate, Jared Leto has Chevere's favorite take. "(He) has always been a trendsetter when it comes to fashion, and he pulls this look off perfectly," said Chevere.

this is the haircut you get after you get a wind up car tangled in your hair, your brother is supposed to be babysitting while mom is out and since he doesn't want to get in trouble he tries to cut the car out with a dull scissors. 

when he realizes that he took a giant chunk out, he sets about chopping only the front and nothing else. like a bowl cut if the bowl was put over your face instead of your head.

then your mom gets home and thinks it's cute so she puts you in the Christmas jacket her 103 year old grandmother bought you from Goodwill and takes photos for her friends

But gentlemen, if you're looking for a modern man bang to emulate, Jared Leto has Chevere's favorite take. "(He) has always been a trendsetter when it comes to fashion, and he pulls this look off perfectly," said Chevere.

this is the haircut you get after you get a wind up car tangled in your hair, your brother is supposed to be babysitting while mom is out and since he doesn't want to get in trouble he tries to cut the car out with a dull scissors. 

when he realizes that he took a giant chunk out, he sets about chopping only the front and nothing else. like a bowl cut if the bowl was put over your face instead of your head.

then your mom gets home and thinks it's cute so she puts you in the Christmas jacket her 103 year old grandmother bought you from Goodwill and takes photos for her friends
:lmao:  

you write all of this with the assurance of someone who actually lived it. i love it when art imitates life...

Thank God I live in the Midwest where men wearing skinny jeans are still made fun of.  Top nots and chokers?  lol...WTF?

Users who are viewing this thread