What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The force of nature that is Taylor Swift - New Album coming April 2024 (1 Viewer)

Due to her demographic (namely my 15 and 20 year old daughters) and me generally be an idiot, my first reaction was, isn’t Kelce a lot older than her? They are both, in fact, 33.

Remember what happened to Romo when he was dating Jessica Simpson?

Swift has 10 times the gravitational pull Simpson had.

Do the math.

if she keeps gettings kids to register to vote ...

I'm going to be her biggest fan

Allow me to continue to be the thread curmudgeon.

A participatory democracy is only served when the citizens are firm enough in character and education ascendant enough to lead to informed decisions. I fear that registering people just to register them when their opinions might be uninformed is not necessarily a recipe for good. It is simply a recipe for action.

Or, to put it more colloquially and more football or concert-like, putting fannies in the seats to chant and yell won't suffice, it's the result of what they do that matters.
Honestly, how is their vote any more or less important than 75 year old sitting in the backwoods of Alabama (or any other state - not picking on Alabama) who has no exposure to the world and watches fox news all day? You think their vote is more worthy?
And here we go...

I swear to God if she breaks up with him the week before the Super Bowl re-match with the Eagles...............
Poor Travis. The Super Bowl is on 02/11, and Taylor plays four shows in Japan from 02/07-02/10, so he will likely be lovesick from missing her and have a bad game and the Chiefs will lose. You've been warned. :P

I swear to God if she breaks up with him the week before the Super Bowl re-match with the Eagles...............
Poor Travis. The Super Bowl is on 02/11, and Taylor plays four shows in Japan from 02/07-02/10, so he will likely be lovesick from missing her and have a bad game and the Chiefs will lose. You've been warned. :P
Um, do you know her track record? She will be on to someone else waaaayyyy before then, with the only thing to remind us of this whole event being a song like the "Chief, you ain't the one," or something to that effect. Even as a Bronco fan, I kind of like him, but he is like Gronk-lite, someone a girl could date when you are 21, but the fact he still acts like this in his mid-30's. yeah, she will be down the road to find the next guy to make a record about.

Um, do you know her track record? She will be on to someone else waaaayyyy before then, with the only thing to remind us of this whole event being a song like the "Chief, you ain't the one," or something to that effect. Even as a Bronco fan, I kind of like him, but he is like Gronk-lite, someone a girl could date when you are 21, but the fact he still acts like this in his mid-30's. yeah, she will be down the road to find the next guy to make a record about.
She just got out of a relationship of nearly 7 years earlier this year, so, uh, yeah, this idea that she is a serial dater is a bit overstated, at least in the context of it being just a woman thing. Derek Jeter and Pete Davidson shag ladies left and right and they are "the man," but when a woman dates a bunch of guys, that makes her a whore, right? And men write about exes and women as much as women do about men, but sexist narratives persist here in 2023, sadly.

Also, I am saying the narrative is sexist, not you. It's a funny pun, I get it, but the jokes about her writing about exes are sexist, not to mention outdated (when in fact her last six albums barely have any songs about exes).

Edit: I hope this doesn't come off as combative, but I fear it will. I would just hope that we'd be past this silliness by now about calling out women for things men do as well. And I am not the type to play the sexist/misogynistic card in general, so take that into consideration as well. :yes:

Last edited:
The song has to be called “Travisty”, amirite?

any updates?
Yeah.

Kelce reserved a restaurant for after the game. So he and Taylor left the stadium together in his convertible. He then hosted an afterparty at the restaurant for his family, Taylor, her entourage presumably, and other folks.

Sounds like he and Taylor were hanging out and dancing and such.

Travis Kelce filmed a bachelor style dating show with 50 women from 50 states. Then he dated a woman for 5 years and left her bitter that she invested 5 years and didn't get "wife'd." He seems like a pretty selfish person but given Taylor Swift's history, these two might be a perfect match.

Travis Kelce filmed a bachelor style dating show with 50 women from 50 states. Then he dated a woman for 5 years and left her bitter that she invested 5 years and didn't get "wife'd." He seems like a pretty selfish person but given Taylor Swift's history, these two might be a perfect match.

They're both 33 which, if I had to do things over in my life, would have been a MUCH better age to get married than 28. Hell, I've told all my kids not to even think about marriage until 30+. Both of these people are highly successful, highly competitive people who have generational money from their efforts. Selfishness is probably a byproduct of being this successful this early in life. Will they work out long term? I don't know and I don't care, but I'm happy to see both of them happy and I think it's fun to have a little whimsical romance mixed in with a barbaric sport like football. It's okay to feel happy for others and just embrace the fact that two young stars are in enjoying each other's company.

any updates?
Yeah.

Kelce reserved a restaurant for after the game. So he and Taylor left the stadium together in his convertible. He then hosted an afterparty at the restaurant for his family, Taylor, her entourage presumably, and other folks.

Sounds like he and Taylor were hanging out and dancing and such.
this is the kind of info i come here for…..

updates? i saw 2 eagle players wearing kelce and swift jerseys last night fyi.
Since Sunday:

Kelce has gained 300,000+ social media followers
+400% increase in merchandise sales
Top 5 selling jerseys in the NFL

Booyah! :football:
Maybe all this extra media attention will cause defensive coordinators to notice his existence and maybe think about covering him from time to time.

updates? i saw 2 eagle players wearing kelce and swift jerseys last night fyi.
Since Sunday:

Kelce has gained 300,000+ social media followers
+400% increase in merchandise sales
Top 5 selling jerseys in the NFL

Booyah! :football:
Maybe all this extra media attention will cause defensive coordinators to notice his existence and maybe think about covering him from time to time.

Yeah, being Delicate with Kelce is a recipe for disaster. Gotta be Fearless.

:bag:

Oh great, so now chicks who don't know anything about football will be saying "Is Travis Kelece good?.....is he a quarterback?.....shouldn't they change the name of his team?......I don't like their colors."

Oh great, so now chicks who don't know anything about football will be saying "Is Travis Kelece good?.....is he a quarterback?.....shouldn't they change the name of his team?......I don't like their colors."
OMG he’s super cute and has a super nice brother and his team is super good and stickers and squishmallows and diaries and barbie.

Yes.

Isn't it delicious? :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread