What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The New Seattle Offense - Wilson-Carson-Metcalf-Lockett-Et al (1 Viewer)

The Dude

Footballguy
Seattle brought in a Rams offensive coach to be their OC and some OL help.  Talk of tempo and variations.  All sounds great - but there's also Pete saying "balance."

Wondering what thoughts are on the offensive players in this scheme.  

I think Metcalf may be the best WR in the league based on skill set.  Imo, he would crush the performance of Adams, Hill, Hopkins, Diggs if he were in their situations.  I would expect a new OC to make him their bread and butter for success..

So wondering what the shark pool prognosis is for the offense.

Thanks

I'm curious too. If they truly quicken the tempo and let the offense run more through Russel, they definitely have the talent to be an incredible offense.

Hoping that if they do commit more to the run, it will be balanced by an increase in the number of plays due to a more up-tempo pace.

I certainly hope they blow up as I, inadvertently and without even managing to realize  :bag:  , managed to end up with the Wilson/Carson/Lockett stack. 

You're fine. That stack is mon-ey! Congrats on your good fortune! Try to get Everett on waivers if he wasn't drafted. He's going to blow up, too. Boom!

I've had Everett in my deep dynasty league and would love to see him be the dark horse te that breaks into the top 5 conversation for next year.

I was high on Everett as a sleeper but that great TE article in the other thread proved that the Rams offense asks the TE to block a ton. I'm not sure if that's more on McVay or Waldron but it made me reconsider Everett's ceiling this year.

I was high on Everett as a sleeper but that great TE article in the other thread proved that the Rams offense asks the TE to block a ton. I'm not sure if that's more on McVay or Waldron but it made me reconsider Everett's ceiling this year.

Seattle isn't running the Rams offense, per se, and what I gleaned from that article had more to do with why one should proceed with caution regarding Higbee, rather than a knock on Everett. Yes, Shane Waldron was the Rams passing game coordinator, but the offense he's installing isn't the Rams offense, it's Waldron's own creation, from what I understand, but it's passing game concepts are based on the Rams passing game, and Everett knows it like the back of his hand. Also, after Lockett/Hackett, there aren't any players involved with the Seahawks passing game who are, at this point, slated to have any sort of a prominent role in the Seattle offense outside of Lockett/Hackett/Everett. Everett is the de-facto third WR in the offense, and they haven't had a player like him (blend of talent/athleticism/experience) for as far back as I can remember. Plus there's an undeniable chemistry developing between Wilson/Everett. For the price, there's a lot of potential value to be mined there, and not much to be lost if it doesn't work out the way it looks like it will, to me.

IMHO, of course, as always.

Seattle isn't running the Rams offense, per se, and what I gleaned from that article had more to do with why one should proceed with caution regarding Higbee, rather than a knock on Everett. Yes, Shane Waldron was the Rams passing game coordinator, but the offense he's installing isn't the Rams offense, it's Waldron's own creation, from what I understand, but it's passing game concepts are based on the Rams passing game, and Everett knows it like the back of his hand. Also, after Lockett/Hackett, there aren't any players involved with the Seahawks passing game who are, at this point, slated to have any sort of a prominent role in the Seattle offense outside of Lockett/Hackett/Everett. Everett is the de-facto third WR in the offense, and they haven't had a player like him (blend of talent/athleticism/experience) for as far back as I can remember. Plus there's an undeniable chemistry developing between Wilson/Everett. For the price, there's a lot of potential value to be mined there, and not much to be lost if it doesn't work out the way it looks like it will, to me.

IMHO, of course, as always.
I wouldn’t dismiss Eskridge (if the toe can hold up).

Users who are viewing this thread