What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official Cold War 2.0 Thread... (1 Viewer)

Sabertooth

Footballguy
Russia interference in our elections and today's subsequent sanctions are most likely the beginning stages of a second cold war.  I don't even follow politics much and I can see the writing on the wall here.  Being the responsible FBG I am, I wanted to make sure I started the thread because this is going to last a looooooong time and I haven't won a day since 2013.  It was a good run there between Reagan and Trump.  But the Cold War made a lot of money for a lot of people and its back.  We didn't win the first cold war, we just lost less. 

So I figured we might as well make it FBG official.  Winter is Coming (back). 

The hypocrite just couldn't help himself. Spends 8 years whining about how he inherited Bush's war and problems. Proceeds to leave Trump the same.

Cold war will last until about January 20th - when Trump pops open a bottle of his finest Trump Vodka and toasts his new bestie Vlady

We're losing all our cool celebrities,  Trump won, Tim left, cstu screwed a ton of people out of money except sinn fein,  Tarkin was cgi and now this.

Really.... 2016 sucks.

How should he handle news that they were messing with our election?
Not rush to impose his own sanctions 3 weeks before he leaves. Leave it to Trump. It's not Obama's problem. If Trump feels pressure to do something then let him do it himself. If not, then he'll be feeling a lot of political tension from both sides very early on, digging his own grave for the next 4 years.

Not rush to impose his own sanctions 3 weeks before he leaves. Leave it to Trump. It's not Obama's problem. If Trump feels pressure to do something then let him do it himself. If not, then he'll be feeling a lot of political tension from both sides very early on, digging his own grave for the next 4 years.
:lmao:  Leave it to the guy who benefited from it? Great idea. 

We're losing all our cool celebrities,  Trump won, Tim left, cstu screwed a ton of people out of money except sinn fein,  Tarkin was cgi and now this.

Really.... 2016 sucks.
wait, what? Why? When? 

I actually thought his Israel/Palestine opening post was pretty good. 

Trump doesn't think anything happened and doesn't trust "computers".

This also doesn't seem anything like Iraq.

Besides the point, Trump owes Obama bigly for  setting him up a great economy. Should be thanking the nice guy from Kenya.

Should we just bend over and take it?
Not at all. I would just like to see any potential actions taken be taken by somebody who will actually be affected by it. Too easy here for Obama to just do what he wants and then peaceing out with no consequence that has to be felt by him.

The statement put out by the white house also shows how out of touch they are with their citizenry.

"Russia's cyberactivities were intended to influence the election, erode faith in US democratic institutions, sow doubt about the integrity of our electoral process, and undermine confidence in the institutions of the US government."

If they had a clue they would know a very large % of Americans already lost faith and confidence in our institutions long before the elections. People cried on both sides about a potential close race being decided by the electoral college well before election day. Sure enough it was. This focus on Russia is just a ploy to redirect attention away from the root problem, the college. I'd say it is working so far.

Not at all. I would just like to see any potential actions taken be taken by somebody who will actually be affected by it. Too easy here for Obama to just do what he wants and then peaceing out with no consequence that has to be felt by him.

The statement put out by the white house also shows how out of touch they are with their citizenry.

"Russia's cyberactivities were intended to influence the election, erode faith in US democratic institutions, sow doubt about the integrity of our electoral process, and undermine confidence in the institutions of the US government."

If they had a clue they would know a very large % of Americans already lost faith and confidence in our institutions long before the elections. People cried on both sides about a potential close race being decided by the electoral college well before election day. Sure enough it was. This focus on Russia is just a ploy to redirect attention away from the root problem, the college. I'd say it is working so far.
Why is the root of the problem the electoral college?

This is all ploy to divert focus away from the electoral college?

Can Trump at least acknowledge something was happening? How about a press conference?

Instead we get tweets and some weird statement standing next to Don King about how computers are making things fast and confusing.

Embarrassment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can Trump at least acknowledge something was happening? How about a press conference?

Instead we get tweets and some weird statement standing next to Don King about how computers are making things fast and confusing.

Embarrassment.
This is the crux of it.  Just say you're looking into it, condemn it and move on.  Trump doubles down on stupidity here and accelerates the problem. 

Embarrassment.
I'm sure he's as anxious as you are for Putin to tell him what to tweet about it. Patience. 

I think it's great that we're sanctioning Russia. Now, it would be nice if Obama aplogized for mocking Romney re: Russia and admitted his role in the U.S. appeasing Russia over the last 16 years. It's likely that Trump will be even worse, but Obama's hubris filled "Reset" and weakness emboldened Putin and has created a whole lot of tragedy around the world because of it.

Good....we can now move on from the fact that the Obama administration spied on our allies.  SMH, amazing how so many people still believe that our government is above the same thing they are throwing a hissy fit about Russia doing.  

This is all ploy to divert focus away from the electoral college?
Absolutely! Do you remember just a few weeks ago how much drama there was around the electoral college? Remember all the politicians speaking out against it, promising to create bills and such to eliminate it? The fact you do not (or are trivializing it) is proof that the media focus and agenda is working. The EC keeps the power in the hands of the 1%. I have stated numerous times over the past few months no crooked US politician (which are most of them) wants this. When the people get to choose, you get things like Brexit, which intimidates the elite. I'm not saying they had Russia do this to divert attention. It was a convenient coincidence that Trump and Putin are into each other, but it certainly gave the media and government a simple, easy to run with story. You'll see the fervor over the EC completely die out both by politicians and the public over the next few weeks.

And before you get to it, yes Trump is not your typical slimeball politician, but he is close enough (as many here and in media have stated) that the elite can live with him for four years. But the more radical players who would change the landscape, the Bernie's, I think the Rand Paul's, they don't want those guys anywhere close to POTUS.

Absolutely! Do you remember just a few weeks ago how much drama there was around the electoral college? Remember all the politicians speaking out against it, promising to create bills and such to eliminate it? The fact you do not (or are trivializing it) is proof that the media focus and agenda is working. The EC keeps the power in the hands of the 1%. I have stated numerous times over the past few months no crooked US politician (which are most of them) wants this. When the people get to choose, you get things like Brexit, which intimidates the elite. I'm not saying they had Russia do this to divert attention. It was a convenient coincidence that Trump and Putin are into each other, but it certainly gave the media and government a simple, easy to run with story. You'll see the fervor over the EC completely die out both by politicians and the public over the next few weeks.

And before you get to it, yes Trump is not your typical slimeball politician, but he is close enough (as many here and in media have stated) that the elite can live with him for four years. But the more radical players who would change the landscape, the Bernie's, I think the Rand Paul's, they don't want those guys anywhere close to POTUS.
Agree to disagree.

Why is the root of the problem the electoral college?
Because they don't do what they were supposed to do, which is protect the American voter from itself.  No sense in having an Electoral College if they aren't going to be the adults in the room.

If this is true, I hope that it wasn't our government that did it. Not that Russia doesn't deserve it or that it isn't somewhat awesome, but that would be a huge unnecessary escalation and incredibly unfair for an outgoing President to stir the pot like that.
As unfair as stealing the Supreme Court?  Nah.  Anything and everything is on the table now.  

If this is true, I hope that it wasn't our government that did it. Not that Russia doesn't deserve it or that it isn't somewhat awesome, but that would be a huge unnecessary escalation and incredibly unfair for an outgoing President to stir the pot like that.
There are multiple reliable reports on twitter. I don't see how it could be a coincidence.

Good on Obama honestly.  Anything he can do right now to cripple and obstruct Trump turning this country into Russia's little brother is much appreciated by anyone with even a shred of patriotism.  This party over country #### needs to stop. A house divided against itself and all that.  

Sabertooth said:
Good on Obama honestly.  Anything he can do right now to cripple and obstruct Trump turning this country into Russia's little brother is much appreciated by anyone with even a shred of patriotism.  This party over country #### needs to stop. A house divided against itself and all that.  
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:   

ShamrockPride said:
Makes sense. Leave it up to the guy they helped elect. I'm sure Trump will do the right thing.

Users who are viewing this thread