What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

They're both drowning, you can save only one... (1 Viewer)

If they were both drowning & you could save only one would you save your dog or a stranger (huma

• I'd save my dog

Votes: 68 46.3%
  • I'd save the stranger

Votes: 79 53.7%

• Total voters
Those of you that read this and are like :thumbup: about the percentage of the people who would save a dog over their fellow man, keep in mind this thread is more of a testament to how people post on a message board than it is to man's attitude towards his fellow man.In other words... :thumbdown:
Nope i would really save my dog over a stranger...nice try though.
I don't believe you. Nice board wide schtick though...

These polls are always kind of pointless because no one actually knows what they would do.

But I like to think I'd save my dog. Saving a human over a dog for the sake of it being the same species as you is a dumb reason to let your loving, loyal companion 4 lyfe die.

What's the IQ of the stranger? If he's like 90% of this humanoid population, I throw him a cinder block and save the dog.

If I was walking my dog near a frozen pond and a man was drowning, I wouldn't even let my dog go out on the ice to help save the man.

If I was walking my dog near a frozen pond and a man was drowning, I wouldn't even let my dog go out on the ice to help save the man.
If I was walking my dog near a frozen pond and there was a man nearby I'd simply throw him in as a lesson to teach my dog to never walk on a frozen pond. Can't take chances.

This question was posed to me a while back and I answered, without hesitation, that I would save my dog before I saved the stranger. I'm 100 % comfortable with my answer, but I've heard many people give the opposite response. Personally I see no right or wrong answer. Any thoughts?
Wow! This reflects the value of human life right now. I would kill 1000 dogs with a baseball bat to save one person. A Human life >>>>> than any dog!

This question was posed to me a while back and I answered, without hesitation, that I would save my dog before I saved the stranger. I'm 100 % comfortable with my answer, but I've heard many people give the opposite response. Personally I see no right or wrong answer. Any thoughts?
Wow! This reflects the value of human life right now. I would kill 1000 dogs with a baseball bat to save one person. A Human life >>>>> than any dog!
OH YEAH....... well your team sucks!!!!!

Well, I will say my dog and I will give you an example. We had a live draft for our FFL that was comprised of FBG's. It was at BassNBrew's pad. He had a pier off his property. I brought my lab, I threw the ball in the water and she jumped off and got the ball and of course swam back to us on the pier and freaked out when she couldn't get to us and land was not that close. She started to go vertical. I saw the panic in her eyes and I don't know how, but I think from my knees I jerked her right out of the water and back on the pier. Now if BNB, NC Commish, glumpy or even SunshineSusie would have been next to my doggie and I had to choose, they would be swimming with the fishes still today.

Cavalier said:
mlavwilson said:
Well, I will say my dog and I will give you an example. We had a live draft for our FFL that was comprised of FBG's. It was at BassNBrew's pad. He had a pier off his property. I brought my lab, I threw the ball in the water and she jumped off and got the ball and of course swam back to us on the pier and freaked out when she couldn't get to us and land was not that close. She started to go vertical. I saw the panic in her eyes and I don't know how, but I think from my knees I jerked her right out of the water and back on the pier. Now if BNB, NC Commish, glumpy or even SunshineSusie would have been next to my doggie and I had to choose, they would be swimming with the fishes still today.
:lmao:

Cavalier said:
mlavwilson said:
Why?

Cavalier said:
mlavwilson said:
Interesting. Susie? :shrug:

Cavalier said:
mlavwilson said:
Interesting. Susie? :mellow:
:clap: I was making a funny.FYI SunshineSusie is my wife.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cavalier said:
mlavwilson said:
How much can I pay you to re-enact that scene?

Cavalier said:
mlavwilson said:
Why?
Friends can be replaced.Some dogs are truly unique.

Those of you that read this and are like :confused: about the percentage of the people who would save a dog over their fellow man, keep in mind this thread is more of a testament to how people post on a message board than it is to man's attitude towards his fellow man.In other words... :moneybag:
I agre..I think a much higher % would save their dogs than would admit.

And I would understand

I voted Dog before I got my boy and I was completely at ease with that. As I type this my boy is lying on my foot and the human would lose again and again and again. My boy would save me it's the least I can do.

Last time I saw this thread, seems like years ago, Dog was winning. The humans must have wised up and gotten aliases.

BTW - last winter a bunch of us saved a moose from drowning. The moose would win over most people I have met too.

Users who are viewing this thread