What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tiger Woods (1 Viewer)

I am still willing to bet anyone that he beats Jack's record for majors. We have a lot of long timers here. Anyone willing to pony up?This guy will do it. I grew up loving Nickaus and several other guys - and saw them. Golf is a game that will allow someone to bring it deep into their 40's. I want this guy. Who wants to put up?
How many years do we give Kitten to break the record?
:hey: Yeah - understand, pretty long term bet. I think to Jack's age at his last major win ...46 and whatever months would be appropriate. No injuries outs, etc. I still take this guy. He will come back. PM me and we can exchange names, addresses, etc. and keep in touch. Are ready to be cool like Fonzie Jules?
Wait a second. Now you are making adjustments to the bet?You said he will break the record. Period.He gets hurt and quits or he offs himself and he hasn't broken the record then you lose the bet.This guy has the world of pressure and stress on him to see if he can win (this time to do it clean though)and I really don't think he can handle it. You think he was under a microscope before, it is 10x now.

'eoMMan said:
I don't play golf and I don't know much about the sport but I really don't understand how someone can DOMINATE something so much and then just all of a sudden lose it. I don't get it.
Golf is really hard. It's that simple. The slightest mental or physical issue and you go down a few notches. Since there are so many excellent pro golfers, it's very easy for a dominating player to drop back to the middle of the pack for some time.FWIW I don't think Tiger will ever be old Tiger again, but I think he will get much better. Still is ahead of Jack's pace and has a shot at 19 majors. I look for him to get back to, say, the top level Phil has ever been. Flirting with #1 in the world and maybe keeping it for a year or 2 at a time.

I am still willing to bet anyone that he beats Jack's record for majors. We have a lot of long timers here. Anyone willing to pony up?This guy will do it. I grew up loving Nickaus and several other guys - and saw them. Golf is a game that will allow someone to bring it deep into their 40's. I want this guy. Who wants to put up?
:hey: Yeah - understand, pretty long term bet. I think to Jack's age at his last major win ...46 and whatever months would be appropriate. No injuries outs, etc. I still take this guy. He will come back. PM me and we can exchange names, addresses, etc. and keep in touch. Are ready to be cool like Fonzie Jules?
Wait a second. Now you are making adjustments to the bet?You said he will break the record. Period.He gets hurt and quits or he offs himself and he hasn't broken the record then you lose the bet.This guy has the world of pressure and stress on him to see if he can win (this time to do it clean though)and I really don't think he can handle it. You think he was under a microscope before, it is 10x now.
:lol: the stipulations made were in you favor.

Maybe I have been drinking heavily but how are they in my favor?

Maybe I have been drinking heavily but how are they in my favor?
Heyyyy ...look at the "notso" big brain on Brrraddd!! (Just kidding ...couldn't help myself, we use that line in our family often) :P How this would help you:a.) I put a limit on Tiger's years to beat Jack's recordb.) I readily acknowledged that no injury, and/or other circumstances would allow me to nullify the bet.

I don't play golf and I don't know much about the sport but I really don't understand how someone can DOMINATE something so much and then just all of a sudden lose it. I don't get it.
Golf is really hard. It's that simple. The slightest mental or physical issue and you go down a few notches. Since there are so many excellent pro golfers, it's very easy for a dominating player to drop back to the middle of the pack for some time.FWIW I don't think Tiger will ever be old Tiger again, but I think he will get much better. Still is ahead of Jack's pace and has a shot at 19 majors. I look for him to get back to, say, the top level Phil has ever been. Flirting with #1 in the world and maybe keeping it for a year or 2 at a time.
Yeah, I hear you. I was just surprised because everyone acted like it wasn't even fair when he played back when he was good. It was like a man amongst boys.

Just let him go, man...let him go.
And yet you won't take the action.
:goodposting: why wouldnt you make a bet with a stranger over the internet of which could take 20+ years to know the outcome.
Agreed, surprised no one's hopped on this

Ugh. He went double-bogey-par-double on 15-18 (which is his 6-9). +2 at the turn.
He can't find a fairway. If this continues, he will miss the cut.
Oh, my knee. I think it's broken.
He said the knee is fine. I'm guessing lack of reps with a swing change is more of a problem.
I'm guessing that it is a lot more than that.
I seriously doubt it. Right now, he doesn't know where he is going to miss it. That is when you start putting the steering wheel on it and not swinging confidently. I don't care who you are, if you don't trust your swing, you aren't going to compete, especially at that level. Repetition and making the new swing your natural swing doesn't happen overnight. It is hard not to revert back to what you are comfortable with when you are under the gun which ends up being some bastardized version of where you were and where you want to go.

Ugh. He went double-bogey-par-double on 15-18 (which is his 6-9). +2 at the turn.
He can't find a fairway. If this continues, he will miss the cut.
Oh, my knee. I think it's broken.
He said the knee is fine. I'm guessing lack of reps with a swing change is more of a problem.
I'm guessing that it is a lot more than that.
I seriously doubt it. Right now, he doesn't know where he is going to miss it. That is when you start putting the steering wheel on it and not swinging confidently. I don't care who you are, if you don't trust your swing, you aren't going to compete, especially at that level. Repetition and making the new swing your natural swing doesn't happen overnight. It is hard not to revert back to what you are comfortable with when you are under the gun which ends up being some bastardized version of where you were and where you want to go.
No. It is more than that.He made some bad bad bad choices that killed his personal life and then he played below what we were used to seeing. So what does he do?In his arrogance and dumb mindedness he overhauled his swing. His swing is the reason he won half of all his PGA Tour starts for three years.He splits up with Hank Haney. Now he splits with his caddie and even if you do not like Steve Williams, he was one of his best friends and all Steve was worth was a phone call to tell him good-bye.Call it arrogance (most likely of all choices), stupidity (a close second), or is he still not believing just how terrible he was last year because he thinks "I'm Tiger Woods!". It doesn't matter because he is 35 years old and he no longer has time on his side to correct things like his swing. Also, he cannot just roll out of bed and think he can compete with the guys on the Tour after taking a lot of time off.

I predict a WD after 9 holes tomorrow
if he does he's one big #####. Already said he's healthy. No excuses. Sean Foley firing countdown is officially on. Tiger will be wearing knee pads in front of Butch Harmon's front door begging to get his old swing back.

... body betrays him with injury after injury ... If he stays healthy ...
This is the part that I think is most relevant by a mile. Why are many so sure he can get back to where he was physically?
Bump.Golf guys -- aren't the odds pretty good that his body is simply done? You can't just train hard and overcome everything.
I don't really know. I have a left-knee injury (torn meniscus - cartilage repaired). I have about 112 mph clubhead speed on the driver, and carry average about 280-290 (tour average is 110-115, Tiger used to be 125). So I know what kind of restrictions, worries etc. enter a pro's swing from a left-knee injury.I have a hard time really getting fully to the left side. I used to be able to get fully on my left side - used to even drag my right foot all the way to touch my left foot, and basically just stand on my left foot at the finish, and my chest was turned all the way pointing left of the target by quite a bit.Watch Rory. Watch Tiger in 2000. Their hip rotation, and their finish, are remarkable and fast, violent even. Then watch a guy like Stricker - slower, less violent transfer of energy, shorter hitter. Tiger could adopt a slower, more controlled swing and if his short game comes back, he could definitely win again, and be consistent.He is done being THE guy though. He said his distance is even greater now with the new swing - I don't know much about that. I think he has found a way to get more compression on his irons - the last couple years, he has been dropping down into the ball to make up for the lack of rotational torque he could produce. I haven't been keeping up on specifically what Foley is teaching him though.He is not 'done' unless he is unwilling to change his game - less power, rely on consistency. That isn't taking into account personal problems, mental blocks, attitude etc. HTH.

I predict a WD after 9 holes tomorrow
if he does he's one big #####. Already said he's healthy. No excuses. Sean Foley firing countdown is officially on. Tiger will be wearing knee pads in front of Butch Harmon's front door begging to get his old swing back.
He can't. Too much torque on the knee.
I don't think that's it at all. His swing plane is much flatter now..
No. I agree. I'm saying he can't get his old swing back. He has resorted to dropping down into the ball because of his left knee injury. can't rotate anymore.

I swear I am a better driver than Tiger right now. Nowhere near as long, but I I'm hitting it long enough and in the fairway more often. Dude has NO idea where his ball is going. This is getting Duvall like when he lost it.

Good thing it's the last hole before they kick him off the course. He's out of golf balls. My drives are better than his (put in in the fairway or 2nd cut, you are better than him) and I am a vasty superior putter.

They just said, 'I wonder if it's physical'? :lmao: That's right, make up excuses.

Oh yeah, I lose less golf balls too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thing it's the last hole before they kick him off the course. He's out of golf balls. My drives are better than his (put in in the fairway or 2nd cut, you are better than him) and I am a vasty superior putter.They just said, 'I wonder if it's physical'? :lmao: That's right, make up excuses.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I think his demise is being exaggerated. You are holding him to a higher standard because of what he has done in the past.

Good tour players finish in the middle of the pack, have horrible weeks and miss the cut, etc. He's not a top 10 player right now but somewhere in the middle among tour players. Based on what we all know he's capable of, don't you think he has a chance to be on top again? He's not that old.

What would you say about super-talented younger player who started off weak his first year? You'd still be thinking he's capable of great things.

Yet everyone wants to think Tiger is 100% done.

BTW, one of the guys my good buddy plays with a bit beat Tiger by 8 today. :thumbup:
Tripled the last to miss the cut by 1. That is going to leave a mark.
Your man Furyk one off the lead. :thumbup:
I would love to see him or Stricker win this.
I'd love to see Furyk win this.
Enough bad things can't happen to this guy! The biggest A hole in the history of sports!!!

BTW, one of the guys my good buddy plays with a bit beat Tiger by 8 today. :thumbup:
Tripled the last to miss the cut by 1. That is going to leave a mark.
Your man Furyk one off the lead. :thumbup:
I would love to see him or Stricker win this.
I'd love to see Furyk win this.
Enough bad things can't happen to this guy! The biggest A hole in the history of sports!!!
wat

It's pretty uncanny what happened to Tiger Shortly after this thread was started. Whores, injuries, divorce, fell from the top and now he's a below average golfer. He doesn't recover. Pickles is working on Tiger's address. We're sending him this thread on floppy.

I think this guy comes back. It seems like he's mentally lost it right now and I don't blame him. I'd bet he's still beating himself up about screwing up his marriage, losing his kids (not just across town - they're in Sweden) and tarnishing his legacy. Then, on top of that, there's more recent news about his ex's new boyfriend, so Tiger has to see pictures of her with another guy. He's probably thinking about how this new boyfriend is playing with his kids in Sweden while he's depressed in Florida. If I lost my kids and had to see another guy playing with them while dating my ex, I'd be a mental wreck and expect my job performance to suffer for awhile.

I think that once Tiger starts falling for another woman, it'll make him feel younger and more self-confident, he'll get his head straightened out, he'll start committing more time to practice, and then he'll start winning golf tournaments again.

A lot of people crabwalking in here. I guess I need to clarify a bit. When we make the statement "______ is done" What do we mean? Usually its a statement made about a person or team dominating. When I say Tiger is done I don't mean he's done....he'll never win another match. I mean his is coming off his plateau. He will no longer dominate like he has. People say the Patriots are done, the Yankees are done, Cuba Gooding Jr is done. Does that mean that the Pats might not squeeze out another Championship? Cuba Gooding Jr, considered done by many managed to do some decent work in Radio. Lets not lose perspective here.
:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread