What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Titans 2015 in-season thread (1 Viewer)

Sounds about like it's up to McCourty, with bye pending and the ease of re-injuring his groin I would guess he sits.

Walker and Andrews are playing.

Run the ball

On Week 1, running back Bishop Sankey provided the spark. Last week in Cleveland, it was running back Dexter McCluster, who ran for a team-high 98 yards. The Titans need their running game to be successful week in and week out, since it takes the pressure off of Mariota. Running back Antonio Andrews is expected to be available after missing the first two games with a hamstring injury, and he should add a spark. The Colts are ranked 22nd in the NFL in run defense, allowing 124.0 yards per game on the ground.

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-4/5-Things-to-Watch-vs-Colts/e5cd9a02-f11b-4466-b8a1-995e7bb17ca2

Allen inactive, Fleener could get some work

Titans made Chase Coffman inactive, maybe a sign they're using the WRs more

The O looked good with Andrews getting the rock and Sankey and McCluster coming in.

I think everyone looked pretty good at times and prefer this lineup, at least for now. No reason they can't revisit it later, but if 3 backs do well I say stick with it

It would be awfully harsh if West is done after those fumbles. That'd be like Shula or somesuch

I predict the bye is used to get some DGB work in and have him much more involved in week 5 and onward

Waiver order switches to 2015 record now.

I don't think the Titans did well at all with their WW moves this year, big missed opportunity IMO

(on if he looking for a guy to take over at running back and work more than others and if Antonio Andrews earned himself more time with his play yesterday)

What’s wrong with what we’ve been doing in the first three weeks running the football? We’ve been effective. Every week we have different packages and I can’t tell you which package is going to have success. It depends. Just like yesterday, Bishop Sankey had a number of plays. In fact, he was very effective on a couple screen passes for us. But his plays, we didn’t have a good matchup we felt in the packages that he was in there for, especially running the football. But it was a little bit more that way with Antonio (Andrews) in there, so he took advantage of it. I don’t know what it’s going to be next week or the next week that we play. That’s going to go from week to week.

Shorter transcript than scheduled hour long (40min) presser listed on site

One thing mentioned was the difficulty and progress of the screen pass into the offense. Since every HS does this, I don't understand the problem. Maybe the TEs (3 TE set) have issues with the blocking?

Sankey did predictably well with it and while I think all the backs could do it, my guess is this is primarily for Sankey. Thought this right away and see quote above mentioned Sankey screens? That reaffirmed it for me.

Get him out in space, exactly where he wants to be and does best.

Spain and Gallick have played G already just 3 games in.

I imagine Matias gets another look during the bye. Sankey and Andrews ran into Gallick. Meredith is the G Andrews had to run to and around on that odd run.

Titans should be healthy after the bye-might be smidge early on Warmack or Hill but that's the company line.

I predict the bye is used to get some DGB work in and have him much more involved in week 5 and onward
It's my understanding that, per the CBA, teams are not permitted to practice during their bye. It's essentially a one-week suspension (vacation) for everyone.

It's my understanding that, per the CBA, teams are not permitted to practice during their bye. It's essentially a one-week suspension (vacation) for everyone.
oh you may be right.

Still think he gets more work. Little bit after I posted that, Whis said he would likely get more work, reporters asked typical followup Qs, and he said something like-not too much too fast to overwhelm the guy.

From PK @ ESPN

Marcus Mariota completion percentage by target for guys with at least 4 catches: McCluster .833, Coffman .800, Walker .769, Fasano .700, Hunter .667, Wright .655, Sankey .500, Douglas .375.

Guys from TN - Looking for some insight. I am a Sankey owner and thought the Marriota addition was really going to open up running lanes this year for him. Not seeming to be the case. Now we have Andrews emerging and Cobb returning at some point soon and while I am ok with an RBBC there, I really thought Sankey would have the leg up and first dibs on the lead role in the RBBC. After week 1, I thought he did nothing to change that. Now, it appears to me that roles are being defined and it is starting to look like they are transforming Sankey into a passing down, 3rd down back and looking for Antonio or Cobb to the main banger and probably GL back. This seems to be a week to week (think NE) gamescript type of thing imo going forward. Do you TN people agree? If so, then I think Sankey will have value just figure good luck trying to know which week is "his" week. Anyone think pro/con to my thought process on the TN backfield here? Thanks!

Guys from TN - Looking for some insight. I am a Sankey owner and thought the Marriota addition was really going to open up running lanes this year for him. Not seeming to be the case. Now we have Andrews emerging and Cobb returning at some point soon and while I am ok with an RBBC there, I really thought Sankey would have the leg up and first dibs on the lead role in the RBBC. After week 1, I thought he did nothing to change that. Now, it appears to me that roles are being defined and it is starting to look like they are transforming Sankey into a passing down, 3rd down back and looking for Antonio or Cobb to the main banger and probably GL back. This seems to be a week to week (think NE) gamescript type of thing imo going forward. Do you TN people agree? If so, then I think Sankey will have value just figure good luck trying to know which week is "his" week. Anyone think pro/con to my thought process on the TN backfield here? Thanks!
Mid to end of camp, it was Fowler jumbo back, McCluster 3rd down back, Andrews GL back, RBBC on 1st or 2nd and sticking with "hot hand."

West has muddled things a bit but I don't really foresee any of those roles changing. That's not to say someone else won't pop-in at the GL or 3rd down on occasion, but that it'd be predominantly their roles.

1st and 2nd (the lion's share of the work) is still very much RBBC and Whis about said as such Monday

Still, if Sankey can run between the tackles like at Washington, he could be the gem. He just hasn't in the NFL.

I assume they'll want to enter next draft with some certainty whether they do or don't have their "sled-dog" RB on the roster- regardless of GM and Coach keeping their job. Ultimately, I think RBBC with young runners are also a coach saying "someone please step up!" and getting by until one does. Many do not think anyone will and that they'll have to draft a top level RB next year.

Every year on bye week, MCM does a poll to gauge "approval rating" of the HC.

Whisenhunt poll http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2015/9/30/9422947/ken-whisenhunt-approval-poll

It's quite positive, but the comments are not really. Very few positive comments.

On thin ice still I guess.

Always amazes me how everyone can remember he coached Big Ben but not Leinart.
Leinart was going to suck no matter who coached him.
Says you and plenty of people in hindsight but not before the draft. Guy was gonna give up his time in Hollywood to play games

There seems to be a RB WR market and a QB one developing.

The Titans need to consider trades before the deadline. Their lower tier guys are exactly the type of lackluster grades that usually happen.

I think with their rbbc any back should be available.

What's the plan with Mett? The Saints Bears and Cowboys just realized they need a young QB to replace their old guy in the near future.

If Hunter was the best WR most days in camp then why does he have 2 targets a game or whatever he has? If DGB establishes himself soon, Hunter will be behind him without the benefit of being a taller WR like with Wright or Douglas

Tight End too

Last edited by a moderator:
The Bills are a tough defense, maybe a dirty one. I'm not sure if the Titans O-line is up to the task. They need to take a significant step forward-if so this could be a real big turning point for that unit. I'm nervous about it though.

Mario probably goes against Poutasi.

I imagine Sankey and Fowler are on some sort of warning where if they miss a block in pass protection they are pulled.

They blitz their CBs and S. If Mariota could buy a little bit of time with his feet they could finally have the deep ball to Hunter and DGB set up oh so perfectly or at least lobs.

Curious about playing running Mariota all summer and if they're disciplined enough to handle Tyrod.

I was very unimpressed with Woods, Harvin, and Karlos. Wait N see on Lesean and Sammy but if they are out this offense looks real pedestrian.

Underused or poorly used Harvin looks exactly like poorly used Wright.

Against the Giants the Bills pulled up last minute many times. I don't see that they have a slew of late hit penalties and was curious what's up with that. They legally could have rocked Eli and given ODB a number of big hits but made a real effort to stop last second.

Eli was off a bit making some bad throws. Gmen could have soundly beat them. He also didn't throw to ODB when he had a half step like he usually does. Somewhat skittish or less confident than normal.

Bills had a couple WRs go deep very fast,very fast. Taylor totally missed em'. Like Benjamin this could hurt the Titans.

I don't understand why Harvin has to only play WR. Their run game totally needed a spark. No clue why Bryce Brown is a free agent and no clue why they haven't re-signed him. Did he stink in camp? Just sort of done? He'd be the perfect spark now.

Anyhow, I think it's important for Titans to try and go after some big defensive plays and offensive plays early. If they goof and are down 14 in the first, it doesn't look like the Bills score much so they can come back. The possibility of keeping a down team down is very real here. They look nothing like in week one. We've seen Titans teams come out with a head of steam and quickly go into losing mode-that's the Bills. Coming out and being conservative might give them time to pep back up. Knock em' out early, they sorely lack confidence.

If ya don't remember, momentarily Sammy was a backup to start the year. Woods is oh hey he caught one-maybe once a quarter. Very boring WR, didn't get open so much as the Gmen almost forgot about him.

Last year, Bills were about to sign Antonio Andrews off PS so Titans activated him.

This year their starting RB looks to be Boobie Dixon

Karma?

DGB was arrested. Minor moving violation and some warrant from another state. paid 90 some odd dollars and went home

Bils signed Boom Herron and Bryce Brown is expected to be re-signed soon(guess you'd call this a rumor but a very common one)

Both Harvin and watkins could have big games against these DBs, and the bills could put up big time points.

Meanwhile the bills d line is going to own the Titans o line. Mariota is going to have to run or at least move a lot.

I don't like being pessimistic but this one could get out of hand early.

Users who are viewing this thread